Christian Bale Covers GQ June 2009

Christian Bale Covers GQ June 2009

Christian Bale crosses his arms on the June 2009 cover of GQ. Highlights:

On unleashing the Rant on the set of Termination Salvation: “I’d definitely say that that guy who was yelling was at least half John Connor, and the rest was Christian Bale.”

On using his Americanized John Connor accent off-camera too: “I do that because I’m just not very good at switching between two voices. If I had the talent to turn it on and off on cue, I would. But I don’t, so I have to maintain. Otherwise I’m aware that I’m “doing an accent” whenever I’m filming, instead of just speaking. Hey, listen, I don’t make any excuses. None of it is excusable. You know, I feel I already said everything about this that needs to be said when I called up the radio station.”

On when he fell off the vegetarianism bandwagon: “I was up in Toronto and went to see that movie Life Is Beautiful. By myself. And when I came out, I had a craving for blood unlike anything I had ever experienced since I decided to go vegetarian at the age of 7. It was a compulsion. It was undeniable. I went to several restaurants, one right after the other, and got the
biggest, bloodiest steaks I could get my hands on. It was the first time I had tasted flesh in almost twenty years.”

Termination Salvation opens in theaters this Friday, May 22.

Check out the full Christian feature at GQ.com. Check it out, it ends pretty hilariously.

P.S. If you’re wondering why Christian‘s left pointer finger has a bandage on it, he “cut off the tip” during a bike crash and had it surgically reattached several days after.

christian bale gq june 2009 01
christian bale gq june 2009 02
christian bale gq june 2009 03

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

not a good step towards good publicity, makes him seem angry flesh eating carnivore.

Chili Pepper @ 05/19/2009 at 5:43 pm

That sounds nothing but weird. So he’s pretty much blaming the “other voices” inside his head? From what I hear, he gave a wooden performance in Terminator. Perhaps that’s why he got so mad at the lights guy…he needed someone to blame.
Yeah, I agree, he comes off as an angry carnivore. Whatever.

read the interview,it’s very funny like the photos! he’s very great!

He’s an ass.

Maybe he should go back to vegetarianism…he seems to have become a beast himself…although, all is forgiven for his reckless antics…I just wouldn’t want to see another Hollywood great bite the dust because of ego problems…I’m sure Eric Bana’s agents are telling him that he’ll get most of Christian Bale’s offers…= \

CHRISTIAN IS GREAT ACTOR.. @ 05/19/2009 at 6:01 pm

HOW would you feel if you were filming a movie and some guy walked
right through the shot.. So what they are friends you can yell at a friend
for pete sake.. and they did finish the movie together and still are friends today.. There is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.. NO BIGGY JUST WHAT THE MEDIA MADE OUT OF IT.. LIKE TO AUDIO TAPE
SOMEONE AND PLAY THAT PRIVATE TAPE OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Eeew craving for blood and flesh? wtf?

Chill a minute @ 05/19/2009 at 6:40 pm

Wow, so his fans scream like he does? Chill, #6.

viva la vida @ 05/19/2009 at 6:57 pm

The entire interview was a fascinating read thanks Jared. But man, he is intense! Can’t wait for the movie! Go Christian, hope the film performs at box office and wish people would let the whole rant drama go away already.

He looks sexy as hell in those pics

Friends or not….creativity or not…it’s not professional that the guy walked through the shot….but also, it’s unprofessional and sucks to be demeaning to people.

Damn, Christian is hot!

I’d be more afraid of Christian Bale than any terminator.

From what I hear, Bale pretty much sucks in it like he did Batman, and Worthington eclipses him like Ledger did. Guess I’d be pissed, too.

British Latin American @ 05/19/2009 at 7:47 pm

Such spite.

The rant was pretty was pretty full-on, but I guess i can sort of understand where its coming on. John Connor is a pretty intense character to play. Doesn’t make him any less of a douche for it though

Love his intensity and his interviews are always fascinating. He gives interviews without ever giving too much away. I admire how he refuses to answer questions about his family. He will be making good movies for years to come.

When will you people get over his rant???
its not a big deal!

Chili Pepper @ 05/19/2009 at 9:32 pm

Uh, duh, @17, he’s the one that brought it up and people are giving their reaction. What do you care? Why don’t you get over it?
Yeah, right, @16, so when is he going to start? Making the good movies, I mean.
He’s a complete douche.

He’s so hot! I love him!

some that adore him are lunatic and got no values
makes our society worst

Terminator fan @ 05/20/2009 at 1:15 am

Laura, #15, when you see the movie, you’ll completely understand his rant. He is intense and a force of nature throughout the entire movie. I thought he absolutely nailed the John Connor character. I really don’t understand why he’s getting negative reviews. I think reviewers are biased because of his rant. Don’t believe them. Bale was awesome.

@Terminator fan:
what they are ALL wrong?u r not serious if u think they base their reviews of a 4 minute rant from last year.maybe the other guy is just better?????

olga@israel @ 05/20/2009 at 2:09 am

Yahoooo! I’m so going to buy june’s GQ issue!!

“Buy this magazine or Christian Bale will stomp on your mother’s head!!!”

Happy Birthday to ME. Christian Bale is so fascinating.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All