The Vampire Diaries -- FIRST LOOK

The Vampire Diaries -- FIRST LOOK

Here are some first look pictures The Vampire Diaries, set to debut Fall 2009 on The CW.

Pictured left to right: Ian Somerhalder as Daman, Nina Dobrev as Elena, Paul Wesley as Stefan.

The show is based on LJ Smith‘s book series. Stefan is described as “gloriously, amazingly, epically beautiful young man” who is actually a 200-year-old vampire who has a strong connection with Elena. His brother Damon, the evil of the two, has also taken a liking to Elena.

The Vampire Diaries airs on Thursdays @ 8PM ET/PT (right before Supernatural).

vampire diaries 01
vampire diaries 02
vampire diaries 03

Photos: Kharen Hill/Alan Markfield/The CW
Posted to: Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Vampire Diaries

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 78 » Show All
A_proud_twilighter @ 05/21/2009 at 5:36 pm

@Jade: we actually KNOW that twilight is good! its actually great!!! and it wasnt intended to even be like how you think vampire should be! it was a dream the author had not actually the way she thout vampires were.

I hope they are planning on dying her hair or having her wear a wig because elena is blonde and that’s a good part of her description.

I hope its good because the books were awesome.

A_proud_twilighter @ 05/21/2009 at 5:38 pm

@cassi: whatever spike couldnt wipe anyone esp. not edward since he had that thing put in his head so he couldnt attack anyone. yeah maybe you should catch up on ur buffy ther.

najha fossster @ 05/21/2009 at 5:40 pm

Um, hello you can still like twilight and other stuff!
i’m in love with twilight but this show sounds cool. i’m in to the super nayural stuff :D

thye ruined the casting of it. Elena is blonde with blue eyes not brunnette with watever her eye color is -.-

For all those people saying Twilight wannabes or whatver or that people only like Vampires coz of Twilight..that’s so not true..I’ve liked Darren Shan way before I even heard of Twilight and It was going to be a movie way before Twilight came out..I can’t wait for the Darren Shan movie to come out =} You people should have an open-mind :) This sounds pretty cool and I would totally watch it :)

i’m a twilight fan so what…
but you.. ALL are acting like little kids
if u don’t like twilight ok we know this thing isn’t
copying it
and stop insulting and stop talking about other things
if u don’t like something OK!
just respect everyone!
i would like to watch the vampire diaries..
and twilight fans
u have to respect other people as well…
-vanu moritz
don’t be rude :D
if u want add me
vanureyna_th@hotmail.com

kristina carrera @ 05/21/2009 at 6:15 pm

omg i read the books i am sooooooo excited

Petrick92 @ 05/21/2009 at 6:40 pm

I’ve heard of the series, been meaning to read them but haven’t gotten around to it!

grr… they have to put it on right when ugly betty is on… grr.

oh well i’ll probably just get the dvds. :P

looks very interesting.

idk if it will be better then twilight or not. i love twilight, but we’ll just have to wait and see. i doubt it though, but still.

@Saudia: I think it sounds good, I will not compare it to twilight, I will give it a shot I love vampires and werewolves anyhow, besides twilight i also loved moonlight so why not the vampire diaries????

snow and rain @ 05/21/2009 at 9:17 pm

I like the guys being cast but the girl is nothing like Elena in the book. I would have liked if she dyed her hair blond. If I was the author I would not be happy.

omg she looks NOTHING like elena! and stefan i believe was the most gorgeous human being.. what is this?! im not saying they’re ugly but cmon they’re supposed to look young not 30.

newport beach, 92660 @ 05/21/2009 at 9:52 pm

you have GOT to be kidding me .
i have read the books and LOVED them…

BUT ELENA IS SUPPOSE TO BE BLOND ? !
like wtf…

- audrey :S

wow obviously it’s different from twilight people…. don’t compare them
I liked this series before I read twilight but then I again I read twilight like a week after…..
Casting is bad but I liked Ian on Lost so I think he’ll be fine
I agree with dee, why the hell did they cast Elena as a brunette ?
God these people are blind

kiss of a feather @ 05/22/2009 at 1:01 am

Um yeah…..I was happy to hear that they were going to make this book series into a tv show up until I just saw the cast. The casting is all wrong!!! Elena has golden blond hair and ocean blue eyes. This girl has neither of those things and the fact that Elena’s looks are such a big part of the book series the show is based off of you’d think they’d at least get that one right in casting. I will not be watching this show that is for sure. I see a big fail coming their way because of their lack of sticking to the main parts of what they are coping. And this is the first I’ve heard anything about Smallville not coming back next season, weird. OH yeah plus the guy they picked for Stefan looks way to old and doesn’t have the right looks for it either. Stefan has deep forest green eyes so unless they gave him contacts to wear (which still wouldn’t help with his poor casting) it is another fail. As for DAMON I can’t see that actor pulling off his character’s personality. His age fits though because Damon is the older brother to Stefan. So ALL IN ALL FAIL!!! I feel bad for the author L.J. Smith for having to sit back and watch them ruin her characters and not being able to do anything about it. That is so sad. So I’ll be sticking to the books series version, thanks.

Umm…… I thought Elena was supposed to be blond?! Its a good book series and is probably going to be a good Tv series but couldn’t they have atleast gotten a better cast?

@A_proud_twilighter:

Don’t make me laugh! Did you forget that they removed the chip in season 7! I know my Buffy! So, yes spike would have kicked Edward’s ass!!!

I hate this post. No offence. I love your site but i hate how they made Elena brown haired, i mean wtfwtfwtf. rrr, i need to rent. Damon is spelled wrong the first time and the pictures are HORRIBLE. They look freaking EW! What about to a HOTHOTHOT Stefan and the dreamy Damon???!!!!! I just finished reading THVD for ze 10th time and this post is a dissappointmenttt -.-

@TWILIGHT, TRUE BLOOD, VAMPIRES:

For YOU Stephanie Meyers told a story unlike any other.
For others (inlcude me) it is …… not good!
I am sick and tired of Twilight fans behaving like Vampire equals Twilight! It doesn’t!!!!!!!!!!

arg, i dont even know why im commenting but most of you idiots out there are, well idiots! yes im a twilight fan, i think they are great books, i think kristen ruined bella for me but thats another story, but alot of people are going through a vampire obsession (like me) and im happy that they are making more vampire shows! i mean seriously, twilight books are done, and they are coming out with a movie ONCE A YEAR!! sorry but 2 hours for one year is not good enough for me. SO STOP COMPARING!!
i haven’t read the vampire diaries series, but its on my list. does anybody know how many vampire book series are out there? WAAAAYYYY to many, oh but sorry to the twilight fans, all those authors must just be copying twilight :O. seriously get over yourselves, twilight is an amazing book (movie was pretty pathetic, crossing fingers for a better part 2) but there are other amazing vampire series that are amazing and arnt copied from twilight!! :O shocking!!! ****SARCASM****
Vampires are a new hit, so if this TV show doesn’t take off well than that’s just to bad, but i think it might actually be OK, although i think the guys they cast as the brothers are not as sexy as a vampire should be…. they shoulda used the brothers from supernatural <3 mMmM anyways getting off topic… give it a shot and stop comparing because obviously twilight and vampire diaries are not the only vampire books or movies ever made and were made in totally different time periods and totally different authors!

edwardlover143 @ 05/22/2009 at 11:49 am

ome they should have got someone cutter but i cant wait to see it. all of you that didnt read, READ IT, its awesome and you have to see buffy the vapire slayer, ome angel was so hot ome

@Saudia: Ur SOOOOOOOO dumb because u even sed it urself that the books were dont before Twilight. How can it be a copy then? you dumbass, lol. Can’t people understand that different people can get the same ideas? It’s apart of liev, so get over it!

@NOSFERATU: Couldn’t have put it better myself, im really glad to see that there is one level headed person out there. I hate all those stupid Twilighters that understand what they’re saying. The Vampire genre is one of the most popular genres ever and just because one person comes along with a book and calls it twilighters,everybodies sense goes out the window after reading it.Come on, really? Twilight should be raved about? Why? It’s not even original. I’m more on ur level (with a slight part of ramble,stupidness and randomness) I have heard of Bram Stoker and Anne Rice.

@BalloonsAreFun: No, smallville isnt cancelled, it’s being moved to Friday nights @ 8, i think lol

@cassi: lol, Brilliantly put, but it wont work with those Twilighters cos they have some sort of fever and the Reason the casting would be exactly the same is because it’s an adaption of the books, which means things will be slightly altered to fit in with the viewers and people who have read the book series dont really see that because they’re judgement is clouded lol.

mISS.GOTH @ 05/22/2009 at 7:20 pm

i’M MORE oF aN aNNe rIcE gIRL CUsZ iM nOT sTUpId ANd tWiLIGhT SUCKED! SwEAr aLMoSt nOBoDY kNoWS sHYyTt BoUt vAMpSz aNYmOrE.

*AnARcHYsM: LIVE IT, LOVE IT, LAUGH IT OFF*

To Some Twilight Fans: I think the only thing that is original in Twilight is that vampires sparkle. lol There are many many vampire books. Perhaps the reason that some Twilight fans do not understand this is because they are not an avid fan of vampires in general as they specifically like Twilight and do not read other books with vampires? Just a guess or too young to read the more mature contents in some of the vampire books. Just pick up another book about vampires and give it a try. :)

Anyways I haven’t read the Vampire Diaries but will look forward to watching this series. :)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 78 » Show All