The Vampire Diaries -- FIRST LOOK

The Vampire Diaries -- FIRST LOOK

Here are some first look pictures The Vampire Diaries, set to debut Fall 2009 on The CW.

Pictured left to right: Ian Somerhalder as Daman, Nina Dobrev as Elena, Paul Wesley as Stefan.

The show is based on LJ Smith‘s book series. Stefan is described as “gloriously, amazingly, epically beautiful young man” who is actually a 200-year-old vampire who has a strong connection with Elena. His brother Damon, the evil of the two, has also taken a liking to Elena.

The Vampire Diaries airs on Thursdays @ 8PM ET/PT (right before Supernatural).

vampire diaries 01
vampire diaries 02
vampire diaries 03

Photos: Kharen Hill/Alan Markfield/The CW
Posted to: Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Vampire Diaries

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 » Show All

du u de. vampire diaries were made 15 YEARS BEFORE twilight.

Your'e all crazy @ 10/07/2009 at 1:57 pm

I think you are all missing the point here. The cast is gorgeous, works well together, and have amazing chemistry. Ian Somerhalder playing Damon strikes the perfect balance between menacing and charming, and ‘bitinglt’ sarcastic. Great actor. Nina playing Elena is doing a spectacular job-who cares if she’s blond or not?? And the guy playing Stefan is the perfect tortured, anguished soul. You are all misguided and drank Waaaay too much of the Twilight koolaid. I, for one, am hooked on the show.

Jessigurl01 @ 10/08/2009 at 8:15 am

I love this show with all my heart and watch it every nite i can. I love the actters they all do great job being their characters. I would tell any one and every one to watch this show lol

I LOVE YOU COLBY .G.

Paul Wesley is a smoking hot vamp! Excellent choice. I’m thinking all kinds of dirty thoughts but won’t go there… LOL…..!!

I love twilight but when it comes to acting I think Paul is better than Rob no offense to fellow twilight fans. I think Paul’s acting is not force and natural and doesn’t hurt my eyes when I see him like upset. It’s more believable and I can definitely feel it that watching Rob in the new moon’s trailer when he left Bella in the woods. I think Rob is cute and Paul as well but that’s just me. I know a lot of twilight fan will hate me for saying but it’s my own opinion.

i love vampire diaries i hate twilight it is so dum i really hope new moon is better i was soo happy when vampire diaries came out because i love nina doberv soo much she rocks. the only reason i want to see new moon is because i want to see edward get beet up by dakota fanning any way I HATE TWILIGHT, BUT I LOVE THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SOO MUCH.

P.S. i was crying when stefan left elena like that soo sad but i saw the promo for the next one and it looks very good.

vampire diariesssssssss @ 11/16/2009 at 11:10 am

weel first off all smallville was moved on fridays wicth sucks now cause i cant see it
but vampire diaries is way betterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than twilight because the vampires are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hoterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr than the dude whatever is his name is in twiligth
i only like jacob b/c he is a woolf
but vammmmpire dieeries is cool alsome
i loooooooooooooove that show
and smallllllllllllllllville

love this show is my new favorite show
at first i thought it was going to suck
but i watched all the episodes and it WAS ALSOME

@jc:
GIRL I AM ON YOUR SIDE
THE VAMPIRES IN TWILIGHT ARE UGLY EXCEPT JACOB HE IS HOT BC. HE IS A WOLF AAAAAA
BUT IT VAMPIRE DIARIES ARE WAY HOTTTER
I WISH I CAN TOUCH THEM MAN ‘=[‘==
LOVE THEM
HAHALOA

@PardyHardy:
hey! So what, she does amazing! I went to highschool with her, thank you!

umm kayy ppl lets jus leave it at this VD roxxz!
twilights ohhkayy
butt VD is muchh better!
ive read bothh so stfu already!
:)<3

Don’t diss, I think it’s an awesome tv show and it’s way better then twilight, but then again everything is. Besides that obvious point it’s great and Damon is freaking sexy.

@PardyHardy:

vampire diaries is a lot better than twilight, watch it every mondays 8 pm on solar tv. see for your self.

@PardyHardy:

Ian is hot.For a show,that’s enough.

paulwesleylover @ 07/30/2010 at 8:30 pm

I think that it is the best show ever! I watch it EVERY
thursday and it DOES NOT rip off twilight. I am only 11
years old and I’ve read ALL of the books so far!

paulwesleylover @ 07/30/2010 at 8:36 pm

I love the books anmd the show!

I like twilight BUT I LOVE vampire diaries,its got nice plot and a wonderful script. keeps me wondering whether all those who say its boring ever bother to listen. Daman rocks!!!

I LOVE YOUR SHOW!!!!!!!! IT SO COOL. I LIKE IT MORE THAN TWILIGHT .. BECAUSE YOU GUYS SHOW THE BLOODE AND HOW YOU ATAC PEOPLE AND HOW YOU BIT THAT’S THE BEST PART!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD GOD !!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( :

Saman Zafar @ 11/19/2010 at 1:24 am

i agree the that the casting was a bit lousy but when i have watched a few episodes and seemingly the actors have indeed grasped the characters
lol the funny thing here is that elena has auburn hair which should have been caroline’s and caroline’s blond which should have been elena’s
i have just finished reading the first part and i cant wait to get my hands on the second part……. i am confused as to why elena’s all love-love for damon after shes changed into a vampire herself

Twilight Wolf @ 12/18/2010 at 2:41 pm

I LOVE Twilight and vampire diaries and it is not dum. The books for the vampire diaries were out befor Twilight. =)

i think the vampire diares is sooooo kwl and that twilight is kinda stupid bella looks lonley and depressed and she is always fussing over EDWARD and the vampire diares has more horror in a way

but that is just my opinion

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 » Show All