'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Premiere Sets Record Ratings

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Premiere Sets Record Ratings

Not surprisingly, the fifth season premiere of Jon & Kate Plus 8 reached a record 9.8 million viewers on Monday.

The premiere episode, “Cake Boss”, garnered TWICE as many viewers as the show’s previous series high, according to THR.

Looks like the plea made by Kate Gosselin‘s sister-in-law Jodi‘s sister Julie, urging viewers not to watch didn’t work!

Julie wrote, “Please don’t watch on Monday. You’re not going to learn anything new by watching. They will only show what they think people want to see and it isn’t real anyway. They will probably drag this out (J&K’s ‘relationship’) for the entire season. They just string the viewers along hoping that they will come back for more.”

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Show All
imprisoned jon @ 05/26/2009 at 7:23 pm

the reason Jon looks so depressed is that his fresh young poon has been cut off—— I say sneak out and get some tonight Jon

STFU KATE @ 05/26/2009 at 7:40 pm

this message board is probably gonna run dry soon…I just wanted to point out a few things…
1. Kate has thrown her husband under the bus a million plus times, and keeps playing the victim..
2. All she keeps telling everyone is how he’s changed, he’s not the same person, she’d tried and tried to change him but he wont budge..
….Uh, bi tch…guess who’s changed…YOU! Kate is not the same woman HE married! She’s now got into the fame and fortune, the glam and glamourous, and the entaurage of oodles and oodles of camera men, staff, crew and security gaurd!
3. Jon has remained the same…he just wants to be the dad, the husband bringing home the income, and the man who has privacy.
SHE NEEDS to STFU…

4. Even though this is a ratings bonanza…there are countless news media circuits who are giving thier opinion on her…and none of them are shedding her in a good light.

TLC–how about this for a plot line—Jon and the kids go out for the day, Kate and her boyfriend , the bodyguard, get it on and she belittles him the way she does Jon and the bodygurard knocks her on her ass! I think that would be a REAL ratings boost.

chelsea-I agree.

Yeah he was a hot young punk at 22. He played sports, snowboarded prob “had fun” and now is trying to go back again. Cant go back when you have 8 kids. Stay at home Jon. It wasnt your birthday, you didnt get a promotion and it was mid week right?

He is a “computer guy”, yeah good one. we called them “stockbrokers” in my day. He is an office clerk and now out of his game (computers) by two years.

At least she is honest-I love it. At least she didnt minimalize it. He has trouble with the job duties? How much you gotta make sitting on your @ss to be that lazy?

I have twins, trust me, trust me, trust me-I could give her shouting lessons. My Rap Nickname is “ol’ yella.” However I dont degrade.

You only can dish out what one will take. So if he is an underachiving whimp who doesnt mind the perks but doesnt again want to work, then politely steps out whilst she is whoring herself for him as well, well geez. After watching the last few episodes, clearly she is leaving him behind. It happens.

Personally, i think they hit a bump, Jodi did her blah blah blah (unless in on it hmmm???) and Tlc and Kate jumped right on the free publicity.

They should have plastered the faces of the paps on TV! Maybe they have cheating spouses, afterall they live the life too.

Boy I am in a mood. lol

Bernie madoff @ 05/26/2009 at 8:04 pm

Holy batpoop, she stuffed her bra with all the money she stole from the Christians.

Man, what a *****. I’m glad I never got married.

She is a media lover. She went from one energetic prof (nursing) to another.

For 3.5 million dollars-Shut up Jon and wipe the kids @ss.

I work minimal like u mutts 40 plus hours a week. I get up, I get dressed, my children get up, Its a process.

My job used to offer “work at home”, until, you will love this -A person put in a workmans comp claim when they tripped at home and Buh-Bye went ther at home.

I didnt have kids then!! I could kill the person now.

If mummy is willing to ***** it out without putting it out, shut up Jon and wipe the kids @ss.

8 day care bills, 8 lunches, 8 anything! Jon and Kate would be on welfare without TLC, so as a taxpayer, shut up Jon and wipe the kids @ss.

its ok for him to be all pissy about her sucess, and again we ahve covered the media w-h-o-r-e angle, but i dont think his lazy butt wants to get off the couch and work.

Mullins- new one

You think with all the running from the Paps, they would be thinner.

Bet you paris Hilton peeved that Kates Been in the limelight.lol

Jon & Kate just Ate ????wtF BOTH GOT FAT.

Laker fan in Boston-

You are a pilgrim in an unholy Land my friend.

Good luck with that. Boston not big on the non-bostoners.

Notre Dame girl here!

Love the name. Its apt, its apt (lisa simpson)

i cant stand these two.

chiƱata LMAO :D

I want the season openers although I’m not a regular viewer. I think the kids are adorable, but Kate gets on my nerves too much to watch it on a regular basis. The saddest thing was when one of the little girls told Jon she didn’t want him to go away again. Of course he lied to her and said he had to work. It’s obviously that some sort of separation is going on. Neither Jon or Kate said anything about they were going to work on their marriage. I think what is going on has been going on for a long time and they KNOW whether or not they are staying together, but aren’t directly saying. Some reports says she and Jon have already separated.

Jon said they are going in different directions. I don’t think either of them are concerned about the marriage staying together, only the kids. But I’m sure they’re keep up the pretense of working on the marriage at least until the end of this season. They have a contractual obligation to the show for this season.

They don’t need to stay together because of the kinds; kids aren’t dumb, they know when something is wrong. If they both continue to be in the kids lives on a daily basis then any unneeded trauma can be avoided.

I watched the show and still love it. They are the sweetest, most lovable and loving children ever! I take a lot of the gossip with a grain of salt. Jon was right. People will say or make up anything for $20,000.00. I really hope they can work things out. Love them.

Donzey 560 @ 05/26/2009 at 9:07 pm

Have any of you ever been around 6-8 children (3/4 of them under the age of 5) for longer than 5 minutes? I ran a preschool one year for 12 – 3 year olds with 2-4 high school student teachers to help, and after 3 1/2 hours I was exhausted! How do think it is for someone who has these children 24/7, help or no help?

1. You have to be organized.
2. You have to set boundaries for children.
3. You have to find time to give them attention and meet their individual personalities.
(that’s only 3 of a gazillion)

I see Kate doing all those things. When I first started watching the show John used to make me so mad, Kate would have things in order, ask John to help, then he would somehow undermind her which would set her off–understandable. Don’t “help” if you don’t follow through what is asked of you. There is a reason why you put special shoes, jackets, etc. on children, not because she wanted to be a fish wife. No wonder why she would come off as the “*****”, he is lazy and frustrating. Don’t forget, editing makes good tv.

So what if they have things paid for? It’s the price and the perks for signing up to be in everyone’s livingroom. You don’t have people invade your life without making a deal for yourself. That’s business. If they have invested their money wisely, the kids will be lucky enough to have college paid for in 13 years. The paps–including this website, are paying for info and photos to line their own wallets, isn’t that also trying to “mooch” off of the kids too? AND YOU DON’T HAVE A CONTRACT WITH TLC.

I’m so sick of the “Poor John”line — he’s a selfish looser. Did you notice in yesterday’s show he pulled up in a flashy white sports car and Kate had the van? Grow up John, be a man and not just a “baby daddy.” Kate is clearly overwhelmed and dissapointed that their marriage is very difficult and I believe John said something like, “I take them to school every day.” BFD!!! Does he dress them, bathe them, comb their hair, feed them, take them to the doctor, etc. He clearly is a selfish jerk.

Women always have do everything then get the blame.

Im not sure jon has enough job skills to provide for the 8, plus college so i think they got the hook up with the show. just seems like her family needs to get over the anger. Thats how some jealos people r
I hate people who r so negative that like to bring people down

maybe jodi and julie should go repent….
or go to hell.

i think the 2 sisters need to repent or shut the effff up

Carol Daus @ 05/26/2009 at 9:20 pm

Hi Kate & Jon, I am a total fan of the show. I have been home for the past year stuck in a wheel chair. My kids are now 24, 19, and 18. My youngest will leave for college this fall. The time goes to FAST!!

I want to thank you form the bottom of my heart for all the happy tear’s the eight of you have brought to my eye’s. This past year, my tear’s have been, because I am sad over my accident. I miss my family being around me. It’s been hard, and your show has been great to watch. I have been routing for you 8 since the start.

I want to give you a word of advice. You two just renewed your vow’s! You both love each each other very much. Kate gave up nursing, so she shouldn’t pass up this writting deal. Jon is a man, and no man want’s to be home, because he has to be. They rather work!! Kate, please don’t be so vocal on everything Jon does, and believe him first, until you can be 100% sure. Don’t ever wear your heart on your sleeve. It’s what everyone want’s, so they can roll with it. Kate, if you all ready know the answer about Jon’s supposed affair and we don’t, then get private counciling, and if it all possible keep that private to. Even if you can prove all these rummors are false, don’t bother putting it out there. They will be forsed to come up with an other story to hert you again. I hope you make it work!

Jon it’s hard on you now, but step-up keep your head up. Stay closer to your family. Don’t look like life sucks on tv. Don’t ever show there getting to you. It make good new’s, so screw them!!! PS: Give your wife your full attendtion, and stand by her. Like you said your kids will one day google you, so give them only good things on your side to look at. Both of you need to do this.

I think it’s so awesome how many people have given your family such great trip’s, but stay together! Tell your job’s it will be a trip without the camera’s. Most parent’s don’t get to fly to diffrent place’s to ski, spa, ect. I think all this trips seperatly opened a can a worm’s for the camera’s. You guy’s have done it right for 10yr’s, so you know what work’s, so concentrate on that.

One last thing! Tell your family to stop talking to the media, and get a lawyer , if you need to. That is awful! If, this will ease your heart, remember karma is a B—-!

You only have to work on the show a few day’s a week, the rest of the week try to focus on the 8 of you.

I would love to meet you all one day. I live in PA, only 1 1/2hr’s from you. Best Wishes to all of you. Hang in there. I am in your corner!

Best Wishe’s

So what ever happened to sticking it out? Guess that doesnt happen anymore huh. Just the richer, not the poorer (we know that will be Jon).

Poor Bradd Pitt. lol If Jon bolts he has no chance of fleeing the “whatever you call the adoptee’s” mom. Guy Ritchie Jumped at a good time. lol

I dont feel bad for them. Maybe when AAden is found cracking it up, yeah maybe but probably not.

I know Kids, exploited. But in todays age, phones with camera’s, everywhere a camera, we are all expoited and over exposed. We just dont get paid for it.

What Kate needs is Madonna, or Angelina do a crazy adoption. (Wonder if Angelina is jealous of Kates mighty womb?).

I like the show for what it is entertainment. I get good tips once in a while. A little less now.

So where does Jon think the money tree is planted? DId Utah send a branch for him and Cara. I think they gave him that trip to shut him up. lol

He does work from home, like my sister, and a few other lucky people.

I liked how Kate dimes his butt out-He has help. He doesnt do this alone. (neither did you but you know the sound of a good gravy train).

Face it folks. The show stops, we pay for Jon n Kate or at least the kids. They need to work. This show is going to go on for a while.

Aunt Jodi is being sued? By who? TLC? I hope they bleed them dry. Never air your family laundry. I cant stand people like Jodi and the “sister”. I say plaster her face and her trailer on the web. See how “privacy” feels.

I am in a mood. I dont mean to offend. except Jodi

OMG Carol Daus..why don’t you go move next door and wipe Kate’s Asss when she goes peee. R u for real…??
If this show makes such an impact on you, you might want to look into applying for the sound crew for TLC.
And do you really think jon and kate read this…I mean, you addressed it to both of them..
I’m worried for you if you really think your love letter will be seen…

Donzey 500-

fish wife. i love it. we use that too.

omg!!! wow that was really nice ya know they are having a hard time trying to go through it for the kids and she is just like hwo the f*** cares dont watch !!!!!! whoa that is effed up!!!

Well of course TLC pays for things. The show is a job for Kate and John and these are some of the benefits. Who cares?

The relatives seem jealous and for those who don’t like the show, don’t watch.

I’ll admit I had never watched and didn’t know who they were until I saw the mom on the People cover. Well, then I had to see what was going on and I watched almost every episode over Memorial weekend.

I loved the kids. They are so cute; as far as exploitation, parents do it all the time when they allow their little ones to act, model, perform in pageants, etc. Doesn’t make it right but it is the parents’ decision.

million2one @ 05/26/2009 at 9:36 pm

@dingus:

That’s heavy duty. Do you know for a fact she has all these hands to help? It’s easy to say all these things when it’s not your family there talking about. It’s ok for music, movie, athlete, children to live offer, but their the worst. Do you know what Karma means?

million2one @ 05/26/2009 at 9:39 pm

@Jackie:

I am with you. They had mentioned a year or so back that they weren’t very close to there families. Aunt Jodie is not a nice lady. How dare she cause trouble for her niece’s & newphew’s. She probly got paid big bucks to lie.

million2one @ 05/26/2009 at 9:41 pm

@Kate Gosselin:

I hope this isn’t really you Kate. Don’t lower yourself to her level.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 » Show All