Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies After Treadmill Accident

Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies After Treadmill Accident

Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson‘s 4-year-old daughter, Exodus, has died after her neck apparently got tangled in a dangling treadmill cord at home in Phoenix, Ariz.

On Monday (May 25), Exodus was found by her 7-year-old brother Miguel Tyson and later untangled by her mother. She was listed in “extremely critical condition” at Phoenix’s St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center and the following day, she died of her injuries.

The police has said, “Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it.”

Tyson, who had been in Las Vegas at the time of the accident, says in a statement, “We are grateful for the tremendous outpouring of love and prayers from all over the world. There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus. We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal.”

Exodus is one of Tyson‘s six children whom he had with several different women.

Our deepest condolences and sympathies go out to the Tyson family.

Photos: Angela Weiss/Getty
Posted to: Celebrity Babies, Mike Tyson

Ethan Miller/Getty

omg, that is so tragic… rip

This is so sad! My hear definitely goes out to them. This is why toddlers have to be watched constantly because they’re so curious that accidents like this can happen easily if they’re not given proper supervision. :(

we’ll pray for your daughter mike. may she rest in peace=)

Very sad. My condolences to the family.

This is so upsetting.

Wow four years old.

May she rest in peace. <3 <3

My prayers are with them.

oh my gosh, this is horrible! rip little exodus! spread those little wings and fly, baby! <3

My condolences to Mike Tyson and his family. Such a tragic accident and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

I know Mike has done a lot of things and been accused of a lot of things, but nobody should have to deal with this. He’s been through a lot in life. I wish him and his family peace. He was so talented, and I hope he finds success again in something soon.

omg dat so sad!!! i mean he aint deserve dis @ all! she was so young and barely even started her life really! =-(

may her lil soul rest in peace!

a total fan @ 05/26/2009 at 11:32 pm

My prayers to the family. May she Rest in Peace.

So sorry. =/ God bless the little boy for trying. R.I.P. little girl!

My heart goes out to Mike and his family. This is very sad news. I was hoping this wouldn’t happen. When a child loses their life it is heartbreaking. My prayers are with the family.

God bless,
Rest in Peace, Exodus

this is so sad
and she’s only four

r.i.p exodus tyson

AWEH SO SAD :(

May her soul rest in peace.

Annielicious14 @ 05/27/2009 at 12:08 am

May your little Angel rest in peace Mike! Our prayers are with you and your family.

God Bless………….

That is so sad. :-(
My condolences to the family!

This is very sad, God bless this family

My condolences – I saw a picture of the little girl and she was so beautiful. I feel bad for Mike, I saw him on Larry King and he seemed to finally be happy.

Prayers and my deepest symthpathies (sp) to you and yours, Brother Man. Heaven just added a new star to the sky….. it is called Exodus,

Peace.

LW

My heartfelt condolencs to MIchael, the mother of Exodus, and their entire family. God comfort you all.

RIP, precious little one

Terrible news. Poor little kid.

RIP<3 that is terrible. my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

@LoneWolf: That was pretty.

For a site that is supposed to be non-snark lifting the line, “Exodus is one of Tyson’s six children whom he had with several different women. ” from Wikipedia is both plagerism and tacky.

I would expect much more from you Jared!

I cannot begin to imagine the hell this family must be going through. My prayers are with them at this time.

That is awfully sad

I can’t imagine how she felt unable to untangle herself and slowly loose conciousness. Wow poor kid. :(

Peace be with you

Aussie Girl @ 05/27/2009 at 1:14 am

What a horrible thing to happen!! I don’t care about his past, no-one deserves this!! Sympathy to the mother, Mike, Miguel & all other siblings and family!!!!

omg that’s so sad.
RIP exodus

@wtf: yeah um how else would you put that simple sentence?

Wow…I feel so sad. I am so sorry for your loss. I am keeping you in my prayers.RIP little Exodus.

vickifromtexas @ 05/27/2009 at 2:17 am

so sad. prayers for this whole family. God bless.

Mike always look up when you’re sad & lonely because your precious Exodus is smiling down on you! She’s your beautiful angel in heaven! This is such a tradegy & i wish the family the best ♥

mom of two @ 05/27/2009 at 3:11 am

A flower on earth, now a jewel in heaven. My thoughts and prayers are with Mike and his family at this terrible time. God Bless.

ladiuvernuà @ 05/27/2009 at 3:32 am

poor little girl.
this is so sad.

Omg this is so sad! i can’t believe it she was 4! RIP Exodus

@me: instead of putting blame on someone why don’t you just offer your condolences! you can supervise your kids 24/7 and than blink your eyes and something will happen! This is why it’s called a freak accident! poor family!

May this angel rests in peace…

R.I.P. that’s really sad news
i can’t imagine what he’s feeling

Anthony chuks @ 05/27/2009 at 4:47 am

I also pray for them….

LolaSvelt @ 05/27/2009 at 5:57 am

Just plain awful.

Queen bee @ 05/27/2009 at 6:20 am

Unbelievably sad..

…I too feel there was no need for the comment in the intro that this was one of the six kids Mike Tyson had with “…several different women…”, but …I guess there’s no accounting for taste.

May God give strength to Mike and his family at this horrendously difficult time.

That is so tragic, my heart goes out to the Tyson family.

babe_luv_ya @ 05/27/2009 at 6:46 am

R.I.P

joneblaze @ 05/27/2009 at 8:40 am

There is nothing like losing a child….NOTHING!!! R.I.P

My heart breaks for this family. So tragic to lose such a little one. My prayers go out to Mike and the rest of his family at this very sad sad time in their lives.

Rest in peace little one.

hotmilfchocolate @ 05/27/2009 at 9:04 am

“Exodus is one of Tyson’s six children whom he had with several different women.”

******************************

uh..wtf?!

trés tacky j.j.

clint eastwood has a litter of kids from several babies mamas, but would you include such a comment if it were one of his kids that passed?

get some fuggin’ class, why dont’cha.

just say thoughts to the family and leave it at that.

booooo…you stink for that 1!

This Is Terrible :(
Cant Imagine What The Family Are Going Through. My Thought R With You.
R.I.P

Poor baby. May it be that she felt no pain.

This is very sad. My prayers and condolences:(

rip youngin.

we saw this again last night while watching the cavs and magic and it was the worst news ever. so sad.

We are so saddened about Exodus. God needed a special Rose for His garden so He picked her. May God bless you and your family. ALSO ITS NOT THE TIME OR PLACE TO TALK ABOUT THE PAST !!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

@Libbya:

It’s not necessary to the story at all.

very sad Poor little kid

How tragic. Poor girl; poor family. Hope they find peace.

“Exodus is one of Tyson’s six children whom he had with several different women”………lmao, it’s the way you worded it jared!

that’s really sad, especially since she’s like 4…like my sister =[
she was just probably playing around and didnt no what would happen =[

May God help MT and his family through this pain.

That’s so sad. :’{