Melissa Joan Hart Apologizes To Farrah Fawcett

Melissa Joan Hart Apologizes To Farrah Fawcett

Melissa Joan Hart has written an apology to cancer-stricken Farrah Fawcett after the NY Post overheard the 33-year-old actress saying that she hoped Farrah wouldn’t die so her bikini-clad cover would be published by People magazine.

The Sabrina the Teenage Witch star writes, “It has come to my attention that something I said has been completely misconstrued in the press. I was merely explaining what I had read about how the cover of People magazine was chosen from an article last week I read in the Times. I truly hope that Farrah and her family know I wish them the best at this time in her life. And that I would never be so selfish to disrespect anyone, let alone someone I admire greatly.”

Melissa continues, “Last week was an intense one for me in many regards. Not only for all the reasons that have been publicized for you like the magazine cover and the opening of our new shop. But mainly because my mother was admitted into the hospital and underwent an intense 8 hour surgery on a brain tumor. All of my 6 siblings and I gathered at my house and the hospital for the entire week to be strong for each other. She is out of the woods and on her way to recovery, luckily she is a good healer and has 7 children to lend a hand in times like these. Prayer is a big part of my life and it was very crucial last week for my mommy. I ask that you keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she fights her way to a full and wonderful recovery. I love you Mommy!!!”

Photos: Chris Delmas/Visual Press Agency/WENN
Posted to: Farrah Fawcett, Melissa Joan Hart

WENN
  • Who did Ralph Fiennes date from Real Housewives of New York City?- US Weekly
  • Lilly Ghalichi has been fired from Shahs of Sunset- TMZ
  • Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

I love how she turned the apology around to end up being all about her.
Stay classy, Sabrina.

†Fug Face Man!ston† @ 06/03/2009 at 4:57 pm

you cant apologize after some shīt like that. this biish should disappear (AGAIN) and never return.

Whowhatwhen @ 06/03/2009 at 5:01 pm

MELISSA – I TRULY HOPE YOU DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING LIKE THIS!

What a moron…

vicki pasadena ca @ 06/03/2009 at 5:06 pm

Tacky, tacky, tacky. Melissa, your 15 minutes are way up!

so she said it! I thought it was a rumor.
what a witch

she poisoned herself.

alexia kaelyn @ 06/03/2009 at 5:15 pm

What a selfish person Melissa is. It’s all about me and how I struggle to lose my baby weight and keep up with the slim body type. Smart move to open a candy store.

What a beeotch, sick f#k. I don’t think her bathing cover would have warranted any attention.

What a stupid cow Melissa is! Her statement just reinforces what a selfish ***** she really is.

She was probably just joking around but how can you say something like that and expect it to come out the right way? Bad move.

jane cole @ 06/03/2009 at 5:54 pm

Career ended.

Please tell me she’s not trying to use her mother’s brain tumor as an excuse for her vile comments. Fat or otherwise she’s utterly pathetic. That was a lame cover anyways. Never had any intention of buying it.

StupidSabrina @ 06/03/2009 at 6:07 pm

What a horrible thing to say!

She did, however, manage to leave out one major piece of information in that statement “I hope Farrah doesn’t die so my PHOTOSHOPPED bikini-clad cover would be published by People magazine.”

Oh, that’s horrible. I wish she hadn’t said that. :(

If Melissa said this, quite unfortunate. That’s the mentality of celebrity.

Ive been where she is with both my parents who died of cancer and your under an extreme amount of stress that only those who’ve been there can understand. Give her a break this time…sometimes good people use bad judgement. It’s not like she has a history of bad behavior. She took responsibility which is more than alot of the rich and famous do. I wish her mom the best in her recovery.

Her remarks were not only stupid, but callous as well. She doesn’t give a dam about Farrah or her intense fight for survival. Melissa is selfish and self centered. If she does appear on the cover of People Magazine everyone should boycott that issue. Better yet, People Magazine should remove her from the cover.

GOSSIP MONGERS @ 06/03/2009 at 6:35 pm

The NY Post is a tabloid. A “reporter”, nd I use that term loosley, was eavesdropping on a private conversation and printed it out of context.

This is NOT journalism. Eavesdropping is not news. It’s gossip.

Hart shouldn’t have had to issue a statement, but by denying it or attackign the tabloid reporter would have made it worse. Hart took the high rode.

so shallow, she has admitted to saying it, but i don’t care how stressful her week was, that was just horrible, all for the cover of a magazine?…. and to use her mother illness as a cover up, sick,sick, sick, no, i do not forgive, what about farrah’s family?… selfish, you only care about your family and that you got caught saying it.

Stay classy, Taylor @ 06/03/2009 at 7:14 pm

“I love how she turned the apology around to end up being all about her.
Stay classy, Sabrina.”

Taylor, her comments were copied and pasted from two completely separate blog entries from her Myspace. She didn’t turn anything around.

Sorry saying something like that can not be taken out of context like she said. What she said was insensitive and tacky.
You lost weight good for you now shut up Melissa.

She should be on the cover of that trashy magazine after what the publisher/editor himself said in regard to Farrah and the cover. Her words have haunted her, she has admitted saying them and I hope her career, candy store and cover all fail as a result of it. I do wish her mother a full and speedy recovery however.

Oh, and who is Melissa Joan Hart again? I guess I was naping during those 15 minutes.

Praying for you Farrah.

So in your time of despair over your mother- you had the presence of mind to worry about a magazine cover- but couldn’t shut your mouth about Farrah?! DUH. What an A-hole.

i no she aplogized and all
but how those words could even come out of ur mouth, idk
i think u must have meant it, i mean like deep down inside u, u must have really wanted what u said imo
i also dont like how in the 2nd part u made it all about u, just should have kept quiet after ur 1st part

American Girl @ 06/03/2009 at 8:06 pm

Really classy, Melissa Joan crooked eyes. That wasn’t even a true apology, you selfish brat. Oh, and I’ve seen that People cover. It ain’t all that. Farrah in her heyday would have blown this chick and her “bikini” body (using the term as loosely as Melissa’s abs appear to be) off that cover.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All