Gwen Stefani Covers 'Elle' July 2009

Gwen Stefani Covers 'Elle' July 2009

Gwen Stefani covers the July 2009 Music Issue for Elle, on stands June 15th. Here are some interview highlights via ET:

On some conflict when she got back together with her band, No Doubt: “Everybody’s making it like there’s all this tension, you know, like I stepped away from the band and now they’re jealous of me, and look, maybe there is a little bit of that. But some fights aren’t really what they seem I think it was a little about the song (a cover of Adam and the Ants’ “Stand and Deliver”), and a little about our coming back together. There was this little air bubble that needed to pop, you know?”

On facing other challenges with being a mom of two sons: “It’s one thing when you have an infant but when you have this two-or three-year-old going, ‘Mommy, what’s the deal?!’ it’s harder. Kingston’s whole thing is, ‘I need, I need.’ He is insane right now. We’re just hoping for the best and that he’s not going to turn out to be a freak, but we’ll see.”

Be sure to check out pics from the actual photo shoot for a sneak peek of the inside photo spread!

Charley Gallay/Getty

Greatest woman on the planet.
Love u Gwen
U rock.

Alright, Gwen is the whole deal, cute, smart, talent, family, she is very lucky girl.

OMG! I have to get that!
She is sooo pretty! I love her!

“We’re just hoping for the best and that he’s not going to turn out to be a freak, but we’ll see.”
LOL! omg she is so funny!! I love that she said that!!
I <3 ND

I fully agree with #2
Gwen IS the whole deal!
I cant wait for some new music!

Does she let her bad singer of a husband who turned his back on England Gavin see his other daughter? you know the one that he sees once in a blue moon by walking down the street.

As for Kingston, he’s a spoiled little brat.

photo-shopped to the max

I love Gwen

@ivy: —– I’ve seen Gwen in person, Trust me, the cover is not “photo-shoped to the max” she is such a pretty girl, she’s almost flawless, it’s kinda sick! lol

@Gambit: LOL!! BITTER MUCH? SHESH.

I like Gwen as an artist and person. But must admit I rarely get or like her fashion choices! Like what is that on the front of her pants, a fanny pack gone crazy maybe?? And those colors are awful together, yuck rust, black and orange, so fugly. At times t’s like her edgy look ends borders on looking more clownish.

I love her style, she is feirce

Yay! Gwen ROCKS! I love her style and no doubt’s music!

@kim:

He’s a deadbeat father.

It’s beautiful on the cover, also sings great.

She’s awesome! The whole package…

I have seen her in person also.
She is even more beautiful in person and
she stay in incredible shape.
Her husband is gorgeous.
How do u know what he does with his daughter?
There are 2 sides to every story.

stays……………….

dude. gavin pays child support. that situation is messed up but since you’re not in it you can’t judge. you’re only doing what the rest of us are doing looking at this from the outside. so what if he doesn’t often get papp’d when he’s seeing his daughter. how do you know he is or is not. she should release a tell all book that girl.

anyways will be reading the article and looking at the mag as soon as my friend gets this issue. love gwen, love no doubt. dislike elle. lol.

Of course, he pays child support, because he would be in court if he didn’t.

He doesn’t have a relationship her.

Of course, he pays child support, because he would be in court if he didn’t.

He doesn’t have a relationship her.

yayyyyyy Gwen ! love love love her music………can’t wait for a new album……

dontcare.. @ 06/08/2009 at 4:02 pm

@Gambit: Oh for the love of god! He didn’t know about his ‘daughter’ until she was almost 18! Because the mother of his daughter REFUSED to tell him! Can’t be a father to a daughter you didn’t know you had!

@dontcare..:

He knows about her now right? Alright then! You can’t pick and choose your children!

love Gwen!!! Too much photoshop I think, she looks like she’s a deer in headlights ..Love the outfit though. Cannot wait for some new music. She’s my favorite celeb mom.

Great songs and music but a terrible terrible singer but I can over look that cuz I really like her.

I just love her music.

I wonder if her children will be singers

CHRISTINE @ 06/08/2009 at 6:19 pm

I have no doubt that Gwen’s husband had a gay affair in the past when he was younger. He had a celeb sugar daddy/boyfriend to pay his bills and he did some tricks in return. This goes on in the entertainment world and certain parts of towns more than you know. I’ve met alot of husbands, boyfriends, fathers who have admitted to going to hole in the wall gay bars and pulling some tricks to make extra cash… even going as far as sleeping with over 100 men. They make tons of cash from this. Sometimes they’re confused, as well. In addition, Gavin and Gwen hardly ever acknowledge or are seen with his first daughter from England. At one point, he denied he had an older daughter and was unware of it. These types of things go on all the time and it’s disgusting. It’s inexcusable. I would never forgive my husband/ boyfriend if I found out these things, no matter what desperation excuses they come up with. I tell women, be careful who you fall in love with… there are all kinds of men with a sordid past. I don’t want to be with a man that’s been used and dirty. Get a grip. Love yourself first. Don’t lower your standards for anyone. Love can be so blinding.

CHRISTINE @ 06/08/2009 at 6:26 pm

They also do it for drugs. When certain men are under the control of drugs or substances, especially meth, they do all sorts of things to get their next hit. Many, many men in the entertainment industry (as well as any other guy) have done this and still do this, especially the ones that are struggling in the beginning with no money.

Gwen is super hot!
such a great talent! I just adore her!

What’s with all the bad chat about her husband?
kind of out of nowhere…but whatever,
Gwen looks great & I love her talent!
more Gwen!!!

i am so sure adrian, tony and tom are hella jealous of gwen and her ‘music’ career her clothing line sucks, she’s a ***** and this look is tired grow up hag

Liverwurst @ 06/08/2009 at 9:38 pm

Her look is getting tired.

i think it is awesome she is saying she is just like the rest of us moms and her kids aren’t perfect, but they are going to turn out great!

lol@ kingston turning into a freak.

@Gambit: @Gambit:

Daisy Lowe wanted nothing to do with Gavin so stop talking about stuff you don’t know about so shut up Gavin why are you invested and posting OVER AND OVER. are you Pearl Lowe? you sound as desperate as her wanting some of G&G’s green

she is a woman with a lot of style and a huge fresh attidute and personality. She is cool

CHRISTINE @ 06/09/2009 at 1:58 pm

I’M SUPRISED GWEN ISN’T RECEIVING MANY COMMENTS. I GUESS SHE’S NOT CONTROVERSIAL ENOUGH… WHAT WITH ALL HER AWKWARD STYLES AND STUFF. BY THE WAY, I DO LOVE HER & HER UNIQUE STYLE & WHOLE LOOK FROM HAIR TO FACE TO CLOTHING AND SHE’S A TOUGH WOMAN… HAVIN BABIES… WORKIN OUT… LEADING AN ALL MALE BAND. RING ‘EM IN, SISTA!

Shia le barf @ 06/10/2009 at 1:35 pm

Wow! red lipstick! So Fresh and Innovative!!!!!!!! Way to step up your style girl! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gwen is legit amazing!! She is such a great singer, fashion icon and most of all mom!