Adam Lambert: I'm Gay (Rolling Stone Cover)

Adam Lambert: I'm Gay (Rolling Stone Cover)

Adam Lambert officially comes out of the closest in the the new issue of Rolling Stone, on stands tomorrow. Here’s a preview of his interview:

On coming out: “I don’t think it should be a surprise for anyone to hear that I’m gay…. I’m proud of my sexuality. I embrace it. It’s just another part of me [But] I’m trying to be a singer, not a civil rights leader.”

On realizing he was gay growing up: “I started to realize I wasn’t like every other boy. I realized that we all have our own power, and that whatever I wanted to do, I had to make happen.”

On his run on American Idol:”I was like, ‘I’m going to glue rhinestones on my eyelids, b—-!’ Right after the finale, I almost started talking about [being gay] to the reporters, but I thought, ‘I’m going to wait for Rolling Stone, that will be cooler.’ I didn’t want the Clay Aiken thing and the celebrity-magazine bulls—. I need to be able to explain myself in context… Clay Aiken’s gay, and I’m gay, and we couldn’t be more different. The only thing that is the same about everyone in the gay community is that we’re gay. … Why can’t we talk about a human community?”

On getting attention from fangirls: “I loved it this season when the girls went crazy for me. As far as I’m concerned, it’s all hot.”

On sharing a bedroom with Idol winner Kris Allen: “They put me with the cute guy. Distracting! He’s the one guy I found attractive in the whole group on the show: nice, nonchalant, pretty and totally my type — except that he has a wife. I mean he’s open-minded and liberal, but he’s definitely 100% straight.”

On gaining self-confidence through Idol: “I finally checked into my self-worth for the first time in my life, and the fact that it coincided with Idol is so sweet. I mean, I still have moments where I think, ‘Oh, my skin is terrible, and I’m a little fat — I should really go to the gym more.’ But for the most part, when I look in the mirror now, I finally see somebody who can do something cool.”

Check out a video of the cover shoot at RollingStone.com. Bigger cover pics inside…

adam lambert gay rolling stone cover 01
adam lambert gay rolling stone cover 02

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All

Well. Kudos to him. At least he is honest about and does not try to hide in the closet with a dingbat beard! He’s very talented and it is his choice. I don’t care that he is gay.

istillsupportadam @ 06/09/2009 at 10:24 am

i don’t care if he’s gay i still think he has talent.

istillsupportadam @ 06/09/2009 at 10:25 am

and i still support him.

LameLambert @ 06/09/2009 at 10:30 am

:: GAG ::

WOW!! he’s gay, really?? Shocker. Anyways I think he’s cute, but I wasn’t a fan of his screeching. Kris Allen is a hot piece of a$$

LOL! i love the last part about sharing room with Kris. :)

Wow, hot cover. The man is beautiful.
“Human community”…way to go Adam!

While I thought the excerpt of the interview was interesting, loved the Kris Allen part, does Adam warrant getting a Rolling Stone cover? I don’t think so. He hasn’t done anything yet, he didn’t even win Idol. Kings Of Leon waited 5 years to get a cover. It just highlights everything that is wrong with music today.

I’m gay, and Adam is far from hot. His skin is nauseating as are the skin tight pants he wears. Chunky guys or any guys for that matter have no business wearing skinny pants. He’s right about Kris though, YUMMY!

What a breath of fresh air to hear someone discuss their sexuality without guile. Clay Aiken sold more CDs by keeping his secret from his older middle age fans, but he had to be dishonest to do it. People will respect Adam more, and of course I expect his music to be better.

I’m gay, and Adam is far from hot. His skin is nauseating, and the 10 pounds of makeup he wears doesn’t help. Not to mention, chunky guys have no business wearing skinny jeans. YUCK! He is right about Kris though, YUMMY!

NO WAY!! You’re kidding right? I would never have know if Rolling Stone hadn’t printed story. So glad I know. Now I can die with no worries.

yay for adam @ 06/09/2009 at 10:50 am

good for him! I loved him on AI. and it’s good that he’s being honest with himself and to everyone else

I’m a straight, happily married woman.
Adam is a happily gay man.
And I think that cover is HOTTTTT!
I think that this talented, exceptional young man has quite a future in front of him. As long as he keeps his head, remembers his humility, and doesn’t let the industry eat him alive.
I’m pulling for him!

What a tool. He’s not getting anywhere with that screech of his.

well no offense to him but why’d he even try to hide it in the first place?

KRISALLENFAN @ 06/09/2009 at 10:55 am

Kris should be on the cover. He doesn’t have to pose with snakes or scream like a girl to get noticed.

@Logan:

Exactly Logan! I was like, “why the heck is he on the cover of Rolling Stone?”

That snake is getting fresh with AL

GenralPopulation @ 06/09/2009 at 11:01 am

He got an award for nothing too. He wants to be an entertainer and not a civil rights leader? he better stop talking about it now, because no matter what he does that’s what people and the gay community will make him into. He can play it right, but it’ll be hard.

Adam is AMAZING!

Well, Adam looks a little nervous about that green snake being where it is (and so would I) and he’s a little nervous about telling everyone he’s gay. Everyone just needs to put themselves in his place with the snake, now breathe.
I like him.

ok. wayyy creepy that he hit on kris.

He never hit on Kris.
Reading comprehension is a good thing.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All