Brad Pitt Buys $1 Million Painting

Brad Pitt Buys $1 Million Painting

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie take People‘s latest cover, where the truth is revealed about Brad‘s “meeting” with ex-wife Jennifer Aniston.

Us Weekly reports that on Tuesday, Brad spent $956,000 on a Neo Rauch oil painting, entitled Etappe. at the international art show Art Basel in Basel, Switzerland.

The Associated Press reports traffic accidents in Russia are among the highest in Europe, so cardboard cutouts of Brad dressed as a traffic cop have been placed by the most dangerous intersections in the city of Omsk, Siberia.

The campaign seems to be working — accidents are down as star-struck drivers ease off the gas to gaze at the unusual image!

Posted to: Brad Pitt

Getty
  • Marc Anthony regrets not being there for his kids - US Weekly
  • Prince traveled miles for an alleged pill addiction - TMZ
  • Miley Cyrus and Elsa Pataky got matching tattoos - Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Skylar Stecker and Silento's new song - Just Jared Jr
  • Beyonce and Jay Z remove their wedding rings - Radar
  • Mandy Moore is going to make you nostalgic - Huffington Post
  • Watch Queen Elizabeth do some trash talking - Lainey Gossip
  • Hamilton pays tribute to Rent's 20th anniversary - The Hollywood Reporter
  • bobbi

Hope the best for this couple.

• BBfan

I LOVE that AP story!!

• kearnie

Oooh..mama! I am first?

• BBfan

Oops. forgot to thank you Jared for the new thread!!! Many thanks!

• kearnie

Pitt in Siberia – hehe.

Now if only these tabblies did something useful other than spreading lies.

• http://meganwebgirl.com Jolie hot chin not

Probably cause Chin begged for another chance and Bradley said “I would rather die than do that!”. Lol about the traffic jam in Russia – I can believe it!

• alexanderina

Thanks Jared

• a realist

Jens crazy media friends always lie on the Jolie-Pitts.

• dawne

I am not too happy with People putting the ‘talking with Jen’ thingee on the cover……….a wee bit too tabloid for my stomach. Can’t we have a pic of the JP’s at Cannes without the effing mention of x printed across Angie’s stomach???????????

So refute the tabs by using the same cover ‘hooks’ ………really turning off Peeps.

• F u g F a c e M a n ! s t o n

fcuking idiot. LOL..

• dawne

F u g F a c e M a n ! s t o n @ 06/10/2009 at 1:32 pm fcuking idiot. LOL..

###########

You have GOT to put that mirror down and quit talking to it.

• Shar

This is the fourth tabloid cover stories about them this week!!

• Shar

@dawne:

LOL dawne, that was a good one.

• teri

This lovely couple remain together and couldn’t be happier.

• Irish Girl

Interesting story. Their meeting was manager or agent arranged, if I remember correctly.

• an oldie

======================

That is too funny, Jared.

• kearnie

I say to Angelina – BRAVO WOMAN for making your haters HATE YOU SO MUCH…

Stay under the radar and let them die of anger.

We could use less of them. Hehehe.

• val

Yes Angie is trapped….right between the sheets and Brad’s body….ooh la la, I would LOVE to be trapped like that.
    Hello fans, have a wonderful day even if it is infested by trolls!

• bint

I wish them the best!

• Lillianne

I was just going to say FINALLY a magazine without the Gosselins on it, but then there they are. They won’t go away. YAY for Angelina and Brad. Now if we could just get some kid pix.

• pinkrose

Love Brad and Angie. Love that he checks in with her for lunch on her movie set before leaving for Switzerland. Love that they live their lives despite the crap the media prints above them daily. LOVE THEM.

• F u g F a c e M a n ! s t o n

he can buy a painting for a million bucks but cant buy his 20 kids new clothes?!? ridiculous. damn kids been walking about since purchase (and 1 birth) in the same old raggedy rags. LOL.

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yawnnnnnnn zzzzzzzzzzzz

• traveler

1. Angie wasn’t “healing” from an injury while Brad was in Switzerland. In fact, the accident she had didn’t really cause much of an injury at all. A small cut and that’s it. No damage from hitting her head. I’m sure they took her to the hospital because of what happened to Natasha Richardson. They chose to play it safe which was the smart thing to do. Angie was back filming the same day.

2. I wonder why people keep referring to her as a home wrecker. She did nothing of the sort. After Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Angelina and Brad parted ways and didn’t see each other again for nearly a year. By that time, Brad had already split from Jen. Even Aniston said that Brad never cheated on her. Her issue was that he started seeing someone else so soon after their split. She felt it was insensitive and she had a right to feel that way. But Brad also had a right to move on with his life. Both he and Aniston have stated that things just weren’t working out and that the split was mutual. They wanted different things out of life and were no longer compatible. It’s sad, but it happens.

3. Brad and Angelina are still together and going strong. Just because they spend a little time apart, doesn’t mean their splitting. My sister spent a whole week without her husband in New Orleans on vacation with some friends several years ago. She and her husband are still married and still going strong. Sometimes people just need some time to themselves to pursue a hobby they love. No reason to get all dramatic over it. Brad has been in NYC with both Angelina and the kids since she started filming. A few days away here and there to either fulfill a work obligation or pursue a special interest is no big deal.

• Bystander

More damage control from the ***** ,home wrecker ,**** ,***** ,attention ***** better known as Angelina Jolie to distract people from the fact that it is mouths that Brad has stayed as far away from her as he could and partied it up while she was healing from an injury that she went to an hospital for .
    How can the fans of this ***** say she doesn’t respond to the rumors about her or that she doesn’t care what people say about her with a straight face is beyond me.
    ========
    Beyotche you should be concerned more about you FUG idol.. she just had a meltdown just becoz her latest movie BOMBED big time.. Her next movie will bombed too and i hope she’ll fade away from HW scene. Yeah Angelina don’t care whatever YOU and the tabloids said about her before maybe this time it’s becoz she already got kids who are old enought to read and understand those tabloids story floating around you braindead HAG !!

• Lillianne

His painting will be worth $10 million in a few years and the old raggedy clothes will be in a trash heap. N-P kids will never have to worry about recession.

• val

Oh boy the thread has been infected by the so called Brad and Angie haters who just happened to not be able to stay away from stories about them. What a bunch of moronic hypocrites you guys are. Leave them the heck alone if you cannot stand them, why sit here and stalk them they after day if you hate them so much. Do not be upset that not even drugs, alcohol or mental retardation can get Brad or Angie to even give any of you pigs a glance. Go to fugly’s thread, wherever that is and leave the JPs alone, they do not need their names coming out of the mouths of pigs.

• http://www.jakapatwood.com jesse

little over priced

• grrrrr

I hate hate hate tabloids.

• Bystander

bump @ 06/10/2009 at 2:01 pm

Much as you want Angelina to leave Brad not gonna happen FUGLY since Angelina has found a man she’s been dreaming for a long time.. A loving father, a good provider and who love her A LOT!! so keep on dreaming HAG!!

• karen

traveler @ 06/10/2009 at 1:58 pm

Great post…. finally something from a mature person… NOT a nut.

• first and last post

bringing over from previous thread for poster “whatever”
    Apologies if this is annoying to the JP fans but I spent alot of time on this…LOL and “whatever”‘s postings are in need of scrutiny.
    Skip if not interested.

313 first and last post @ 06/10/2009 at 1:47 pm
    Whatever,
    1. Agreeing with alexanderina here, your posts are making assumptions that cannot be validated. You appear to be prone to generalizations and find it easy to conclude based on your interpretation of unfounded premises admittedly in your own posts.
    242 whatever @ 06/10/2009 at 11:03 am
    “Angelina fans can’t stand brad or his ex and we WISH he would leave her….”
    Not all AJ fans feel this way. FYI I’ve been an AJ supporter way before I knew who BP really was. I support and trust AJ’s capabilities to make competent decisions for whatever is in the best interest of herself and her family. Her leaving BBT was in the best interest of Maddox and her ability to raise Maddox in a loving environment. BBT did not want her to adopt and that in itself would have made it difficult to raise him if she had stayed with him. Why would she stay with someone who did not support her decision and perhaps would not love her son?
    253 whatever @ 06/10/2009 at 11:23 am
    “I’m sure the People Magazine thing was Pitt’s Idea anyway.“
    Are you really “sure”?? Your own words place doubt to the reader regarding your factual premise for disliking him so much.
    278 whatever @ 06/10/2009 at 11:58 am
    Passing through, is just mad because she knows I’m right and she is angry that I’m not falling in line with the rest of the Passing through followers.
    I wish she would wake up and see what a user he is.
    You make a statement that PT “knows” …and “she is angry”…it is a guarantee that you don’t know PT at all…so how would you know BP, his intentions and his integrity towards AJ? The “I’m right” position isn’t going to be credible to anyone.
    2. your repetitive usage of “using her” is your theme…
    274 whatever @ 06/10/2009 at 11:52 am
    “…how could you support a man that is so obviously using her?
    278 whatever @ 06/10/2009 at 11:58 am
    “Pitt is going to use the hell out of Angelina to sell Inglorious ********. I wish she would wake up and see what a user he is.”

Your use of “user” is stark…I hope you haven’t been hurt yourself by “a user or users”
    3. “women…insane”…”the one who cheated…”…
    242 whatever @ 06/10/2009 at 11:03 am
    “women are so insane. why wouldn’t she sue brad? You know they one who cheated on her?”
    Transference…I hope not for you.
    Regardless “generic women” are not insane as you generalize again and your assumption that BP “cheated” has been analyzed by dates and events surrounding M&MsSmith final days of filming, the announcement of JA-BP separation, then divorce, the result being BP did not have a sexual relationship with AJ until sometime after the physical separation and announcement of the impending divorce. I will leave the details of dates etc to other JP fans to post if they want.
    More importantly as a fan of AJ, you are accusing her of lying…In response to Anne Curry’s question in her June 2005 interview: “Curry: Why not just say it now and not let anybody keep talking about it?” As part of her reply she said “So, do I need to defend that I’m a decent woman? I sure hope I don’t. I know I am.”
    That is the worse offense for a supposed supporter/fan …how can you advocate for her when you don’t trust her and don’t believe in her? I understand you wanting to “protect” her from unforeseen evils and hurt, but that is her path to take. Furthermore, each individual including AJ has to follow his/her own path of experiential enlightenment for personal growth…the good and the bad…follow yours “whatever” and learn from the bad and let go of the hurt.
    re: #309 whatever @ 06/10/2009 at 1:26 pm ”
    why are you replying to my posts?”

and btw, responses to you are because you are posting on a public forum.

• bijou

Oh no, here comes the people raging about how dare he spend that much on a painting. It’s likely a tax write off for him so cool down before you burn up about this.

Like another site said Brad and Angelina are the ONLY 2 celebs whose covers who sell TONS when it comes to mags, nobody else comes close (J&K+8 is only temporary distraction). Many of the mags, like In Touch Weekly & Lies & Style are actually in danger of going out of biz, read an article recently said that mags will be more vicious, more outrageous and bold and controversial to move and sel copies nowdays and that those 2 mags (plus Star & US) have lost readers, sales are majorly declining, layoffs, not good, so voila, that’s why the Brangelina covers scream break-up or any little thing about them. There is NOBODY in Hollywood who sells mags like these 2, if the “cash-cow” in any biz is the only chance at success, that’s what happens, a company fabricates in order to keep the biz going.

• just sayin

who cares about what their kids are wearing? as long as they’re comfortable with it then i don’t see any problem. they don’t need to dress up like ken and barbie all the time just because they’re celebrity kids. and who knows those “raggedy” clothes they’re wearing are more expensive than our clothes? some id!ots are just lame and shallow.

• dana

Yup, she’s trapped. Stay with the man she loves and get crapped on by the tabloids. Or leave the man she loves to please her 4 fans who want her to be as miserable and misdirected as she was back in her youth, and STILL get crapped on by the tabloids. It’s a tough choice she faces.

• ATlantic

Yeah sure People has the “real story” – they don’t anymore than any of the other tabloids. I’d like to see a picture of the painting – you know Brad has terrible taste for all this money – the furniture he was shown buying was not only ugly it looked completely uncomfortable….

• groundcontrol

dianad1968 @ 06/10/2009 at 1:51 pm MSN has the at aricle up featuring the HB mag article about Angie, and I am LMAO at the comments from these women. To say they are p*ssed is an understatement. I am picturing them at their computers banging the keys ranting and raving that NO, I DO NOT WANT TO BE Angelina Jolie!!! It is hilarious.

######################
    The Angelina haters are hilarious. They are desperately trying to sound reasonable but they always come across as angry women who have to bring up all the tabloid nonsense. Please. They are completely transparent.
    Here is a “mommy” with a blog who has written a very long screed attacking Jolie and pretending she is just attacking Naomi Wolf’s article. She is too funny. Besides the fact that it is poorly written, it reveals that she is a tabloid believing fool and probably a loing time Team Ex member. May I suggest you give her a piece of your mind. People wanting to weigh in with the truth, may I suggest no name calling or over-the-top words about Angelina – just the truth about AJ’s accomplishments, etc. and this idiot’s misreading of the Wolf pice should do. Probably best to leave off Jennifer’s name as well. But it’s up to you.

• llm

Shallow fug

• bump

@dana: so now you’re saying she only has 4 fans? Sorry to disappoint you but her fan base was a lot bigger before Brad Pitt came into her life. She has millions of fans word wide, but what should I expect from Brad Pitt fans that think he made every girlfriend famous when in fact it was the other way around. he would be completely unknown without the famous chicks he dated.

• a total fan

Do they really expect people to believe that Pitt and Aniston are having “secret meeting”? One picture of Pitt and Aniston together would be the billion dollar shot. I think by now someone would have taken a picture and sold it to the highest bidder. I can bet the limo drivers or waiters at these so called secret places would have already taken the shot. But nothing of the sort has surfaced. I don’t think Pitt is that stupid to put himself in a position that would have his children questioning his love for their mother.

• groundcontrol

Shooting at th Holocaust Museum in D.C.
    Looks like just injuries but now I have to find a different route to get across town. Don’t you love how I make this all about me? I really do hope everyone is alright and am wondering how this never happened before.
    Of course we may find out this was a domestic dispute with one of the security guards. We wait and see.

• ebmo

# 15 the whore @ 06/10/2009 at 1:40 pm
    +++++++++++++++++++
    I’m sure a lot of things are “beyond you”!

• a total fan
  • just sayin

@dana: Nobody wants her to be miserable and misdirected like she was in her youth. That’s what Brad Pitt fans think/want. They don’t realize that she changed her ways before she ever met Brad Pitt. They think that all of a sudden she changed and became a humanitarian when she met pitt. ridiculous.

• ellie’

I would never believe what Brad nor Angie would ever have to say. They only tell half truths or if its the truth at all.

• first and last post

OT for ebmo, from previous thread
    #307 ebmo @ 06/10/2009 at 1:11 pm
    thanks for the links…I will check them out.
    I think you are correct again, it’s KMart and good thing I didn’t jaunt out to WalMart, LOL! And same concept, low costs. American made products are too expensive for the average American. And I recall WalMart recently lost a claim that WalMart underpaid overtime for it’s employees.
    Always enjoyable exchanging information with you ebmo.

• Iris

From Megan Fox

“I see some people who have to deal with it on an everyday basis — I am not a Jennifer Aniston or a Britney Spears or even a Lindsay Lohan, you know?” she says. “My pictures don’t sell for that kind of money.”

————————————————————
    So, general speaking that J. Aniston is indeed in the same category with B. Spears and L. Lohan in the way of attracting attention.

Good point, Megan.

• NICHELLE

I now think they are going to get married this summer by the bits and pieces of the legal information getting out. They are meeting with lawyers regarding property and custody issues. People who are about to get married do this not a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship. I also think they secured a deal with People and Hello magazines for the rights of the wedding pictures. The property in France is the place I think they will marry. The tabloids are wrong. Do you guys actually believe Brad Pitt woud want another man raising his kids? WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Ms. Jolie would have to end this relationship and thats not going to happen. They are a powerful force together.

• dana

I think she has four psychotic “fans” who think they should be allowed to decide how she lives her life. All of you “true” Angelina fans are just as nuts as the psycho JP fans who want her to be constantly pregnant. Just leave the woman’s uterus and love life alone. It’s not that complicated.

• ebmo

Cardboard cutouts of Brad for traffic control?
    LMAO