Reese Witherspoon Smells 'In Bloom'

Reese Witherspoon Smells 'In Bloom'

Reese Witherspoon is pretty in pink Valentino as she previews her first-ever fragrance — In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon — at Four Seasons Hotel in New York City last week.

“It was a unique experience for me because I had no idea what goes into making perfumes,” said the 33-year-old actress. “I thought you just pick a fragrance and it’s easy. But there were all these different levels of creating a scent that were new to me, but really fun and exciting.”

As for her debut scent, Reese said, “I was really drawn by white flowers to get that sense of a steamy night somewhere in the South. Definitely gardenia is a big thing for me because my father — every Mother’s Day or on my birthday — would buy small bouquets or corsages for my mother and I. And my mother always wore beautiful white-flower perfumes, so as a young girl, that was my idea of femininity. It’s indicative of where I am today. I’m feeling very strong and independent and so happy. The fragrance really captures that feeling — it’s very sensual, very romantic and alluring.”

The fragrance will be available exclusively from Avon in November. Check out the pretty ad for it featuring Reese below!

reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 01
reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 02
reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 03
reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 04
reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 05
reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 06
reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 07
reese witherspoon in bloom fragrance 08

Valerie Macon/Getty

Sigh, she’s gotten so boring and is still only marginally attractive under the right lighting, in the right dress, a her best angle.

at* And of course the right makeup

She looks so excited. lol

I saw her several Avon commercials on Youtube she doing quite good job although i am not user Avon cosmetics.

Really pretty, like you say. Reese is so cute!

No!!!! shes too hard to wear that color and too dull to be a brand.

She’s not really that pretty. Her chin is like she’s the daughter of Jay Leno or something. Seems like a nice person, I guess. In every quote, she talks abotu the South. If she’s gonna pull that card out so much, she needs to spend more time there to maintain her Southern cred. Miley’s accent is so cute and apparent.. and at least she makes it back to Tenn every now and then…………

She’s beautiful!!

I love Reese – she’s fabulous…… from this headline i had a horrible 2 seconds thinking that Orlando Bloom had got his sleazy mits on her…..

she’s gorgeous..I love Reese. Really loving the bottle though! I’m definitely going to check it out :)

who on earth wants to smell like her? she said she doesn’t have a shower every day…..

That perfumes has got to smell like old ladies perfum,…….tha’s who it occurs to me after seeing the pics and the white flowers,wag.

Even all dressed up she still is the MOST BORING person ever!

I like Reese she’s a good actress and Ryan is an idiot for cheating. Hope he’s miserable with that current fling of his……that’s a homewrecker. Reese and Jake are such an adorable couple and Jake is a great father figure.

You go girl! You got the looks, the talent, the guy, and the cute kids….keep on!

For some reason I think Abby cornsnatch is writing all these nasty comments. For someone who tore the hearts out of two innocent children she has some nerve to say crap about Reese. Reese is and always will be a more talented and smarter than you. I hope everyday she looks at their daughter and it reminds her of being a homewrecker.

she is pretty and a good mum just like Jen garner!

She should be so lucky.
At least Orlando likes girls, and she wouldn’t be just a beard.

Pattycake @ 06/12/2009 at 1:52 pm

@teri: What?!? You are clearly just deranged.
@teri: Why the Reese fan girls have such hatred for the father of her children is beyond me. Reese herself doesn’t hate him, or at least, she has managed to overcome as they share parenting duties.

maryrowery @ 06/12/2009 at 2:10 pm

she’s so plastic, pink and boring

While she was with Ryan she never had so many arrangements.
I am not fan of her but she looks much happier not only because of Jake but because she loves to work. She is obviously workaholic and ambitious which for me are good characteristics.

well that’s one perfume I won’t be buying. she’s no raving beauty and it’s a joke she promotes Avon when she rarely wears makeup, only when she’s promoting something for Avon.

Of course in these pics she is going to look good, with make up, lighting and airbrushing practically anyone can look good.

brush yo teefs! @ 06/12/2009 at 2:34 pm

HOW DARE SHE TAKE NIRVANA’S SONG

Reese Stinks @ 06/12/2009 at 5:16 pm

Reese Witherspoon is phony b!tch

f**k off Reese @ 06/12/2009 at 5:22 pm

“well that’s one perfume I won’t be buying”
Me too.
Can’t stand that smug woman.

The pink dress is too matronly for a woman as petite as Reese. It looks like she’s wearing an oversized shawl. Not only have they airbrushed the “beige” photo, they have also reversed the image. Reese parts her hair on the other side. Behind-the-scenes photos from that day (incorrectly attributed to her current film) were posted on the web mid-May. Those photos show her hair parted as always (on Reese’s left side).

hate it when celebrities come up with a new perfume
cant they ever think of anything new
her chin is really disturbing me in these pics
srry reese =[

More like In Fug. She looks like she’s 50 in those pics. So if I use this perfume, will I become a phony, bitchy, self-centered woman who wants to run out and find a gay, pretend boyfriend?

I sell Avon and this is my first time hearing about Reese’s new perfume! I can’t wait to try it!

Can’t she just act? Why is she turning into Jessica Simpson?

I like Reese more and more. I think she traded up with Jake.

Oh God, another celebrity with a smelley perfume line. I wish they would stop with their fragrences. They all stink so badly!!! Can’t they be more imaginative and use their talent in a more productive way?

I think Reese has turned herself into a money making machine and a superficial fake person since she has been with Jake. He seems to have a lot of underlying family issues and emotional problems that he ignores and focuses on being a movie star. Their relationship seems more like a business partnership then a passionate love affair.

I don’t like the pink dress. The color is harsh on her, and I agree that it’s too matronly. “Bloom”, she should be in a fresh, flirty dress. Maybe they are trying to target middle aged women though. She’s gorgeous in the beige-dress photo.

Ryan is handsome, but he’s kind of a little twerp if you ask me. I don’t think he’s any big loss for Reese. She’ll find happiness and something better. At least she’s being a good mom, Ryan is being a good Dad, and Abbie gets along with the kids.

Stinks like Reese! @ 06/13/2009 at 11:50 am

Stinks like Reese!
No wonder Reese Witherspoon needs her gay pal Jake Gyllenhaal for marketing – she’s f**king AVON lady!

who wants to stink like someone who doesn’t have a shower every day,…

the whole thing looks like old ladies gragrance,……..maybe that’s how she smells. We’ll have to ask Jake.

Schtickie @ 06/13/2009 at 3:58 pm

Hi Reese – Love you – what? – you pe.ed in a bottle and want me to buy it? Of course I will.
I bought it – it is amazingg!!!!
It smells like a combination of urine, stinky feet, loading dock, dog far^ts, and leftover hot rancid cheese.

whortensia @ 06/14/2009 at 7:58 pm

The Victorian phrase was “she was attractive in the shade with the light behind her.”

whortensia @ 06/14/2009 at 8:03 pm

She should have stayed at Stanford and learned her grammar. She is grammatically challenged, as they say. It may be Jake’s doing since he also can’t tell the nominative from the objective case. To wit:

“…my father — every Mother’s Day or on my birthday — would buy small bouquets or corsages for my mother and I.” Reesy dear, it is “for my mother and ME.” You would not say “he bought corsages for I” and so you can’t say “mother and I” it is has to be “mother and ME”. I is nominative case and here the verb requires the objective case and that is ME. It is important because you appear to be an uneduated hick who can’t speak correct English. Shame, shame, shame on you. And Jakeypoo makes the SAME MISTAKE. It must be catching. Both to you went to excellent universities, but apparently didn’t learn much while there. Did you flunk out?

It wouldn’t surprise me if abby cornpone is the writer of the hate comments. She’s a liar and a homewrecker and she knows Ryan cheated/ Hope her career is over.

Gee Shaw Avon Rep @ 08/12/2009 at 11:17 am

If anyone wants a bottle they can get in touch with me as i sell the perfume :)
The perfume comes with a free gold clutch bag

gshaw@salans.com

If you need an AVON representative, please visit my AVON online shop

@<a href=”Hi I am an independent Avon representative and I invite you to visit my website to view all the wonderful products Avon has to offer including the Reese Witherspoon fragrance with comes in a beautiful bottle which makes an excellent keepsake!