Angelina Jolie & Hillary Clinton: Meeting Canceled!

Angelina Jolie & Hillary Clinton: Meeting Canceled!

Angelina Jolie and her sons Maddox and Pax arrive via private jet on Thursday morning (June 18) in Washington D.C.

The 34-year-old actress was scheduled to join Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at an event for World Refugee Day but Hillary has canceled her day’s events (she needs surgery after falling and breaking her elbow on Wednesday while en route to the White House).

Hillary‘s chief of staff Cheryl Mills said in a statement, “On the way to the White House late this afternoon, Secretary Clinton fell and suffered a right elbow fracture. She was treated at The George Washington University Hospital before heading home.”

Today, Angie will appear also on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360.

angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 01
angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 02
angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 03
angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 04
angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 05
angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 06
angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 07
angelina jolie hillary clinton meeting canceled 08

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Show All

lostchick @ 06/18/2009 at 2:26 pm
——————————————–
Not impressed by JA @ 06/18/2009 at 2:32 pm
Since when going into College is a guarantee to have a brain ? Bush has an MBA ! Bill Gates didn’t go to college, now tell me, who is the idiot between the two ?
============================

LOL.

groundcontrol @ 06/18/2009 at 2:45 pm

Cheers to Angelina Jolie for her near decade long commitment to the cause of the refugee in flight.
Her remarks encouraging the sheltering countries to embrace and utlilize the strengths each refugee brings with them was a wonderful and persuasive argument for inclusion.
I was hoping she would bring her two oldest children with her to Washington. Maddox and Pax are old enough to begin to appreciate the importance of World Refugee Day. What an incredible learning experience for them.
Angelina looks great and smartly dresses comfortably for the long plane ride. I know my legs always get cold while flying and I often wish I had a long full skirt to wrap them.
Most foreign contributions are not tax deductible. To make them deductible they have to pass first through a U.S. organization such as a US based UN supporting organization. There may be exceptions in the tax code. If the donation is directly to the UN for use overseas I don’t think it’s a tax deductible donation. I am pretty positive that none of the millions she has donated to the Millenium Village and directly to nature preserves, clinics, schools, etc ., overseas are deductible.
Great Day for focusing on the World Refugees. So sorry to hear about Hillary. I love her. She is just a tremendous woman of great accomplishment and spirit. Her dignity during the campaign in the face of inexcusable misogyny and smears was inspiring.

Hillary needs to up her calcium intake and fire whoever didn’t properly clean the State Department’s garage floor – this type of injury for woman of a certain age can be very serious in terms of life long resultant pain.

OT to PT:

Early review for X’s movie on e!:

“Think Jennifer Aniston’s love life only seems depressing in the tabloids?

Then check out this trailer for Love Happens. How does a film with gorgeous, talented stars like Aniston and Aaron Eckhart come off so sad and dour? Sure, he plays a widower and there are lots of shots of Seattle gloom, but it’s not like Angelina Jolie’s in it, too.

Despite the downbeat tone, these two have great jobs, awesome hair and appropriately wacky colleagues. So come on, give us a montage of Aniston trying on outfits or Eckhart getting misguided love advice from a kindly neighborhood mensch.

It’s called Love Happens, not You’ll Both Just Die Anyway So What’s the Point?

Maybe the film is better than this makes it look—we do get a shot of a Twilight-looking forest and Eckhart’s six-pack—but if it’s all handheld cameras and pent-up grief we may let this one pass and just go pick up some magazines at the newsstand instead.

Because we all deserve a little romance.”

You called it!

That review of manny’s movie was priceless,another flop,lol

There is nobody like Angelina! There is no comparison between her and Megan Fox, a big difference except that Fox might be a big fan of Angie to the point of imitating Angie’s tattoo in a slightly different way; Megan should admit it! It would be nice to make a name in Hollywood without riding along the popularity of one!

Angelina’s overall experience in life speaks for itself! Trash tabloids, SASH!

On picture number six on the Brad Pitt watch site, Brad seems to be at airport with them. He is standing to Angelina’s right with his cap on even.

@deena: I totally agree!

What I love about this story is how Brad made a point of sending Mad, and Pax to escort his Baby Mama to this function. He didin’t want his Beautiful Angelina to be alone, so of course Mad and Pax happily obliged THIS IS WHAT A FAMILY THAT LOVES ONE ANOTHER DOES. . DOESN’T T THAT JUST MELTS YOUR HEART.. . Happy Brad is in Los Angeles with the rest of the family. The Brad Pitt family is gorgeous( Angie , Mad, Pax, Z, Shi, Knox and Viv), take your pick, of course he is not t that bad himself . Going back to the subject matter on hand, I’LL BET THAT SHE WAS THE STAR OF THE FUNCTION. WHAT AN HONOR.

thelittlebadangel(ZAB) @ 06/18/2009 at 3:05 pm

Oh my ..I’m sorry 4 Hillary Clinton ..
Hope she get well soon : )
and can’t wait see Angies interviews
and I’m glad she spend time with Pax and Maddox

Luv Youu Angelina Joliie :) ♥♥ ..

groundcontrol @ 06/18/2009 at 3:06 pm

lostchick @ 06/18/2009 at 2:26 pm I see people love Angelina but can someone please tell me has she even gone to college or university? Why is she considered a brain? A person that works in one of those countries that she gets her photo taken with the poor said that she flies in for 5 mins get pics taken and leaves w/o speaking to the locals, autographs, nothing but her own photos being taken to look like she cares and then leaves. Just wondering.

###############
Dear lostchick. I hope you find yourself in as meaningful a way as Angelina Jolie has.
I am surrounded by people with advanced degrees most of whom have spent their proffesional lives trying to advance up the career ladder and concentrate on increasing their net worth and retiring their huge student loans.
The number of people who actually make a difference is small compared with those who do make a difference. Formal degrees are no guarantee of intelligence or the proper use of that intelligence. I think that sometimes all these degreed people just form a mass of inertia not wanting to get their hands dirty with grunt work. Angelina does the grunt work. Her studies as well as her field and policy experience on this issue has made her as much of an expert in the myriad issues touching on the world of refugees as those you would seem ready to label an expert.
Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with Ms. Jolie’s travel journals or even just google her journeys and work overseas. That way you can educate yourself about her actual work rather than make statements based on your mistaken impressions.
For the record, Jolie graduated from the independent study program of her high school and complete her courses early. She began college when she studied for a short while at New York University in New York City.

From another site, You can see that the cap showing in the background on picture number two here, is Brad standing next to Angelina

t.m.delafonda @ 06/18/2009 at 3:09 pm

@groundcontrol:Gracias. Well said

groundcontrol @ 06/18/2009 at 3:10 pm

Oops. That would be professional ^ ^ ^.
I hate the lack of an editing function.

@groundcontrol: I guess groundcontrol doesn’t know what she’s talking about! I hope that nice reply would “educate” your ignorant brain!

@Bystander: HA-HA_HA_HA…Uppss.. I didn’t I didn’t mean to laugh at your stupidity Bystander! Wasn’t that a nice reply to your ignorant brain?!

@shocked: You might be “shocked” to see yourself in the mirror! SHOCK!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Because she educates herself. You do not have to be in college to have critical thinking skills and to learn how to research.

I have a Master’s Degree from the world’s highest ranked grad school in my field, and post Masters work and I cannot begin to list some of the idiots I have met in the rarified world of academia.

It depends on how you use the information. furthermore Angelina’s trips are never “5 min” photo shoots. Check the UNHCR records.
check the statements people who have travelled with her testify to.

Here are some other people who did NOT go to college:
George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, Zachary Taylor, Millard Fillmore, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, Grover Cleveland and Harry S Truman, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Ben Franklin.

While Einstien did attend a technical university he also flunked out of high school:
“Einstein did very poorly in Greek and Latin, perhaps not even finishing highschool (as it is called here in the U.S.) because of that. He went to college in Switzerland, and did very well (A’s, B’s, and a few C+’s) in most subjects, especially mathematics. But, there was one interesting exception. He got an F, in “Physical Experiments for Beginners.” On the report card is written the following: “March 1899: director’s reprimand for nondiligence in physics practicum. Graduated.”

MORE who never even completed secondary education:
Andrew Carnegie, Charles Chaplin, William “Buffalo Bill” Cody,
Noel Coward, Charles Dickens, Isadora Duncan,
Thomas Edison, Samuel Gompers, U.S. labor leader, Claude Monet, Mark Twain,

In other words: What is your point?

Are YOU to stupid to think unless someone is directing your every thought?

@shocked: Shocked! Let’s talk about the more important thing in this life rather! How about putting refugee in your jelly brain?!@tigerlook: No! I guess a tiger! as what she calls herself!

@the real lou: You forgot to add Bystander!

========
Passing Through @ 06/18/2009 at 12:10 pm # 184 CECILE @ 06/18/2009 at 4:36 am
thanks also for this post Passing Through…
Passing Through @ 06/18/2009 at 3:16 am
# 137 ebmo @ 06/18/2009 at 12:46 am
- There’s also the project that Angie started earlier this year with Microsoft to provide legal services for unaccompanies minors. Angie also has similar fund for that she started years ago that’s now a part of the Microsoft project.
++++++++++++++++
In the wee hours of the morning I couldn’t think of the name of Angie’s unaccompanied minors program. It’s the Children’s Defense Fund, which, IIRC, she started with Gene Sperling, who used to be a Clinton White House staff member. BTW – I looked up the name of the Microsoft project and that one is the Kids In Need of Defense program.
I also mentioned the AIDS & Tuberculosis clinic Brad and Angie started in Ethiopia for Zahara to one day take over. Because I know the trolls like to question our info…here’s Jared’s thread on it…
============
thanks again for more explanations. You’re an intelligent JP fan. I’ll post it on JJB.

Ms Beth @ 06/18/2009 at 3:09 pm

Beth I saw that too and at first I thought it was Brad also.. But to me the stance is off. Someone posted earlier that they thought they saw Zee too.. but it was just Maddox’s hand holding a blanket..

I don’t think Brad made the trip. Just Angie and the boys. If Brad had been there I trust that would have made the news rounds by now..

I hope she and the boys have a great time in DC.. It was good to see her FRIEND Holly back.. I guess she took some time off after having her baby..

I wonder if Ann Curry will be able to keep her hands of Angie’s face….I know I couldn’t. Angie is perfect!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Show All