Emma Watson To Attend Columbia University?

Emma Watson To Attend Columbia University?

Emma Watson reportedly had her pick of all the top Ivy League colleges — Harvard, Columbia, Yale, Brown — but it seems like she decided to attend the very prestigious Columbia University.

The 19-year-old actress is supposedly listed in Columbia’s student directory under “Charlotte E Watson” (her birth name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson). She even visited the campus back in October.

Emma has said, “I just want to keep it private [my college choice] for as long as I can. I probably sound like a paranoid nut, but I’m doing this because I want to be normal. I really want anonymity. I want to do it properly, like everyone else. As long as I don’t walk in, and see, like, Harry Potter posters everywhere, I’ll be fine.”

Columbia, here comes Emma! No Harry Potter posters, you hear?

P.S. Yes, it is possible there is another student at Columbia named Charlotte E Watson who is not Emma Watson!

P.P.S. A Bwog commenter points out a Charlotte Watson on LinkedIn is enrolled at the School for Continuing Education. Boo hoo!

P.P.P.S. Turns out Emma will be attending Brown University!

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

cool i might see her then. i saw james franco on campus before

i would also choose Columbia. its a great school
lovelove Emma Watson

YAAAAAAAAY!
i wonder if i’ll see her..? :D

i’m pretty sure the school of continuing education only offers non-degree classes, master degrees, and high school programs. so it’s not really the actual columbia undergrad.

she wanted to keep it private….good one justjared!

how nice of you to honour her wishes.

you shouldnt have post it jared

hope she gets the normal college experience she wants :]

This makes it sound like Columbia is not an Ivy League college. I always thought is was.

what’s and IVY LEAGUE COLLEGE?

well congratz for her

LOL. So many rumours, I don’t even know anymore!
Columbia sounds plausible though, as her friend Bee Shaffer (Anna Wintour’s daughter) use to go there. I think she has graduated by now though. But can you imagine walking onto campus and seeing Hermione Granger having a laugh with the daughter of a fashion icon?

whortensia @ 06/24/2009 at 12:18 pm

En*ma(e) Watson will have to give up her unintelligible British accent and learn to speak American if she wants to fit in. Anyhoo the idea that she will be anonymous or left alone is silly. She would do better going to Yale like Jody Foster who managed to get through Yale without too much attention, other than Hickley trying to kill the President to impress her. Poor Hickley (or Hinckley?) falling in love with a ****. Too too hilarious making.

whortensia @ 06/24/2009 at 12:20 pm

The word blotted out was dike spelled with a y.

whortensia @ 06/24/2009 at 12:22 pm

I can see the sign she ought to post on her dorm room (assuming she is normal enough to live in a dorm): “Hogwarts”. LOL

School of Continuing Education?! People who are in that college at Columbia only take courses as a non-degree seeking student, like taking a workshop to improve skills. By the way people, it’s not like Charlotte E Watson is an usual name! There are hundreds!!!

I heard she is going to give up acting and go to school.. love this girl. Seriously has a great head on her shoulders. I think it’s great, should be an amazing experience for her, hopefully no haters though. We are adults at university LOL . I wish I was at Columbia though. Love Emma, really hope she goes through with it, after HP of course <3

The School of Continuing Education is not prestigious. Anyone can attend. You just go online and enroll.

If she is going there, why would her complete name not be used? There are loads of Charlotte Watsons in the world.

whortensia @ 06/24/2009 at 12:50 pm

I noticed too that she was at some dinky-stinky division of Columbia mainly for lame brains. I thought she was going to be a serious student. Didn’t she have the option of going to Cambridge (UK)?

whortensia @ 06/24/2009 at 1:06 pm

If she wants to be anonymous, better not put her picture in the catalog. The name by itself would not attract attention.

Hmmm…It’s possible. But I heard she was going to Brown! Either way it’s still a BRILLIANT Ivy League school! I wish Emma the best and I hope she doesn’t get any crazy roommates. :)

Charlotte is her middle name not her first name…so I bet it’s someone else. I think when she wants to the public to know which school she chose she will release the news.

it could be her since she hasnt declared a major yet. either way Good Luck, Emma.

scorpius07 @ 06/24/2009 at 1:16 pm

Is the Liberal Arts degree different from Continuing Education? She’s mentioned in at least three interviews that the thing that’s attracting her to going to school in the US is the Liberal Arts degree, so that’s what she’d most likely try to get into.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All