Beyonce's Wedding Dress -- BET Awards Performance Video

Beyonce's Wedding Dress -- BET Awards Performance Video

Beyonce performs “Ave Maria” and Sarah McLachlan‘s “Angel” onstage during the 2009 BET Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium on Sunday (June 28) in Los Angeles.

Since we’ll probably never see Beyonce‘s real wedding dress from her marriage to Jay-Z, this BET Awards wedding/tutu dress will have to do! Anyone know what the purpose of the wedding theme was?

If you missed it, check out Beyonce from the red carpet at the BET Awards!

Watch the performance below…

Beyonce’s Wedding Dress — BET Awards Performance Video

25+ pictures inside of Beyonce‘s wedding dress tutu…

beyonce wedding dress 01

• Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

B has been doing this, both songs and the “wedding dress”, as a part of her current tour. Nothing new or special for BET.

royal beauty @ 06/28/2009 at 11:44 pm

Disappointed….seriously! Maxwell was the best! I love you Michael, and thank you Janet and Jackson family for sharing yourselves and your grief with us!

the song is “angel” by sarah mclachlan…

she was horrible.

Is she marrying Michael Jackson?

@sally g LOL!!

Didn’t get mixing all the songs together or the wedding theme, especially when the bottom half of her dress is missing, she doesn’t do Sarah McLachlan’s song “Angel” justice,

Lori in canada @ 06/29/2009 at 12:05 am

I thought the songs were lovely. She has a beautiful voice and a lovely, sincere smile. I heard she was going to sing something else, but changed it to these in honor of MJ. Well done.

She was great!!!!

Jared please post pics of Taraji P. Henson! She looked amazing tonight!

who’s she trying to be now? Sarah Brightman? … :-/

Fergie Fan ! @ 06/29/2009 at 12:11 am

another stupid performance of Beyonce !

sick of it !

I never liked Beyonce and I’m not gonna start now. Let’s remember that she was the one that dissed the Jackson clan a few months ago.

When someone pointed out a possible comparison to the Jackson clan and her and her father relationship… this is what she had to say..

“I grew up upper class. Private school,” Beyonce said during the controversial chat. “My dad had a Jaguar. We’re African-American and we work together as a family, so people assume we’re like the Jacksons, but I didn’t have parents using me to get out of a bad situation.”

Fuhck this broad. I really can’t stand her… she’s only playing nice because MJ’s dead..

BTW This performance is just an ‘excerpt’ if you will from her concert tour.
No real planning went in to the performance.

Fail.

First of all, I’m new to this site and I just want to say JARED I LOVE YOU. Asian guys are always so cute. Second of all, BEYONCE is looking stunning and drop dead gorgeous as usual. Her vocals are ON POINT. She’s giving us some old school Mariah. Love it.

@Afrika:
LOL. Beyonce as an old school Mariah? Hell never! She’s not that good to be compared to Mariah.

alfie Mariah cant even carry a tune anymore and plus Mariah lipsynchs now. she lost her awesome voice she once had. shes old. plus her new material isnt even good. Beyonce is the queen now so bow down!

This woman is getting on my friggin’ nerves already. She is not getting a penny from me – f**k her!

People just hate on B and are jealous cuz they don’t have her skills and her money. She is loved and respected world wide. These haters are lucky if even just 1 person knows them outside of their country.
#4 highest paid celebrity, and there is a reason for that.
There is a reason she is on this site and you are not.

#19 She doesn’t need your grimey pennies.

I gonna comment as if I’m seeing this for the first time.
That was an impressive performance and showed some great vocal capability and range.
If you research, Beyonce actually has the same range as sarah brightman. The difference is at least Beyonce can sing more than an opera piece.
Oh and if we are comparing her to Mariah. I admit Mariah is great, She lip-syncs a lot now though and she’s been to rehab.
Beyonce never faultered, has an iconic enterainer quality and doesn’t just stand there when she sings.
She is not just a dancer or not just a singer, she is both.

Beyonce was amazing. Quality performance. Very touching.

Shakirakitten @ 06/29/2009 at 1:03 am

Really, Beyonce. I love your albums but I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THIS. It was just, shall we say, over the top and what was the message? Didn’t get it. Was this a serious vanity piece gone wrong? go back to pop. You reign there.

@Lisa:
LMFAO! Don’t make me laugh. Don’t ever compare Beyonce to old school Mariah. Beyonce isn’t even half as that good as old school Mariah. People can say whatever they want to about Mariah, but Beyonce is/will be nowhere near the old school MC. She just has no voice to compete with Mariah. Like it or not, that’s it.

the piggy can’t sing
what a horrible dress

This woman is overexposed i cannot bare her anymore!!!!!!!!!!

She even had to make her tribute about ‘HER”, she could have sung the song without the stupid wedding dress, she another entertainer that wanted to make it all about her, even her tribute. Can’t stand beyonce…..

Couldn’t she just sing a Michael j. song to honor him or simply wear a clothing or artifact representing Michael Jackson just for today? This performance was suppose to be a tribute to MK, but all I saw was Beyonce/AKA Sasha Fierce promoting herself.

Australia Grace @ 06/29/2009 at 2:02 am

My sentiments exactly! @tloc:

oops, I meant MJ, not MK.

c in canada @ 06/29/2009 at 2:20 am

I enjoy Beyonce, at times, however I believe most of the time she’s quite the actress – it’s not real – it’s acting to evoke emotion. She’s great at it, but as the other comments say or imply – fake. P.S. – I don’t think her dress is “weddingy” so much as she’s trying to go for “angelic.” haha. I agree – didn’t due McLaughlin’s Angel justice at all.

c in canada @ 06/29/2009 at 2:22 am

Actually – ixnay that wedding comment – just saw the veil. Lame.

WHAT WAS SHE THINKING ???? OMG lol, that is so funny. She’s really ridiculous in this thing…

I didn’t quite get the outfit but her voice is beautiful! She is beautiful! Love her.

Man, this woman has no breath control whatsoever. She completely butchered those two songs. I mean, she can’t get to the ends of any phrases, it’s making her high notes FLAT, and if you really need to take 3 breaths in one phrase, then maybe you’re too nervous to be a performer.

But thanks Jared for posting these from the awards shows.

Beyonce is a goddess on earth !!!

Beyonce always copys someone with her looks. This so reminds me of ala Madonna from the 80′s or when Madonna, Britney, and Christina Aguilera all dresssed up like brides for VMA’s. Who will Beyonce copy next?

Can Beyonce ever be original? She doesnt write her own music, she copys previous stars styles and perfomances. Seriously…shes just a karaoke singer. Good singer, but thats it.

girlygirl @ 06/29/2009 at 5:23 am

How amazing is she! this was great!

Milano2009 @ 06/29/2009 at 5:38 am

Ave Maria is a classical wedding song, hence the wedding gown.

SHE GOT THE LYRICS WRONG FOR SARAH MCLACHLAN’S ANGEL!!!! THAT’S INSULTING!!

OMG, you ignorant American people make me sick! Have you ever listened to Ave Maria, the original song? it is often played at WEDDINGS. Ave Maria is a eulogy to the pure Virgin Mary. WHITE is the symbol of purity.

You should read more, poeple, instead of spending your days hating on celebrities. I find Beyonce charming and very talented. It was a great performance.

She really annoys me…how about a break, Beyoncé? Being everywhere is not too good.

It was inapppropiate, she sang the hail mary in that outfit, she wanted it to be about her , as usual and she blew it big time! besides that is not mj religion!

And can someone explain to me why she sand a religions song half naked?! Please?!

this woman
she won’t show her fans her wedding pics but goes ahead and taunts them with a perfomance in a wedding dress

Would it have killed there to don MJ kinda attire and sing one of his songs

She is always ‘on’
She’s not the sweet girl she pushes down our throats
she’s a vain, money hungry, bi*chwho is trying to destroy ex destiny members’ careers behind their backs
she doesnt spend her own money, spends poor jay’s ofcourse
and she will NEVER make babies for him

she has completely lost it

she’s singing Ave Maria half naked? don’t like and don’t understand this performance at all.

I listened to her singing Ave Maria and I definitely don’t like it! Don’t get me wrong – I like her voice and I think it’s unique – you hear a Beyoncé-song and you immediately know it’s her cause her voice is special, BUT her voice is not good for Ave Maria…for this song you need a clear voice and a singer who doesn’t want to show everybody how great she is by doing all this uuuhh and aaah (which I don’t like anyways), but this song has to be sung in a “straight” way, just without expanding the notes and adding some personal “chichi”…

I like B for her talent and she does come across as a happy and down to earth kinda girl, BUT… sometimes she leaves me baffled. I could only watch a few seconds of this performance. The outfit was fine until she that put on that awful unpturned umbrella (I didn’t watch it long enough to see whether she or someone else put it on her). I’ve never watched or cared about the BET awards and nothing’s changed there.

LOL, could she of not worn a better dress.
I cannot stand this girl.

@ #11- Now you know JJ doesn’t post pics of black female celebs unless it’s Rihanna or Beyonce.

I didn’t get the significance of the wedding theme either, but I guess that’s what she had planned to do anyway before MJ passed. I did cry when she started singing Sarah Maclachlan.

Please keep in mind, BET had to totally re-work a show that had been already planned months in advance in order to do a tribute for MJ. Given the short amount of time they had, they did okay. Hopefully they’ll plan a real tribute. Neyo did an amazing job though.

I was extremely dissappointed that she didn’t perform an upbeat song but nonetheless her performnce and beauty is undeniably flawless!

mickey mouse @ 06/29/2009 at 9:19 am

I was so disgusted that she put in Ave Maria practically naked. It’s a very beautiful solemn song and Catholics really cherish the lyrics. It is a beautiful prayer, also Michael Jackson was not Catholic and for her to put that in is really a slap in the face. So I think it was all about her promoting herself and wants the fans to know that she is in good shape. If you notices everything now is about her showing her body, as if she needed to do that, she’s a really good singer and a very pretty girl.

enoughalready @ 06/29/2009 at 9:37 am

She sang them songs lovely, and yes I’m a stan, fan, and whatever, but she did a wonderful job. She did not need Auto Tone like some should have used. A lot of people dont get Beyonce but she looks great and the material of that suit is beautiful.

But her overall singing was great!!! Beyonce is an entertainer, she can dance, sing, whatever she can do it and she was showing pureity (I hope I spelled it right) so proud of her!!

jackieteeee @ 06/29/2009 at 9:58 am

I like Beyonce, but she was dead wrong this time. Singing Ave Maria in a swimsuit and a see thru wedding dress with your “virtue” conveniently exposed up front for the world to see was not giving homage to the Virgin Mary. She would have gotten the point across easier by singing “Wait til you see my —”. I thought she was going to have some wings and fly like an angel, not look like a ho bride on her wedding night in see through lingerie.

too over the top.. she is too overexposed as well.. I cant stand seeing her everywhere and the horrendous dress or whatever that was? Ridiculous..

She’s doing this in all her shows, I was at the performance in Lisbon 18th May and this moment was AMAZING! I got goss bumps! she rocks so so much!!!

Hmmm. I don’t quite care for Beyonce. I think she is overrated. She could do a better job in modeling. I am a woman, and very straight for that matter. I can also say that she has a hot body. She has a voice, I don’t dispute that either, but she reeeeaaallly did not do any justice to this song. And the outfit?? HORRIBLE! In the name of Michael pleeeeeze!! Not half dressed! Who advised her re: swimsuit/wedding dress? I could care less if it was a short dress 1 inche beyond her Coo!@#$%^chie. But that?? I don’t care what the theme was. Wedding, ow whatever! Decency please! She has established herself, and people know who she is. Let the “new rising stars” do that for you Beyonce. You don’t need that.

mejicanita @ 06/29/2009 at 10:47 am

I am a Catholic and very religious my patron saint is Virgin de La Guadalupe, how dare Beyonce sing Ave Maria in a leotard very disrespectul. It’s all about me me me and showcasing her body and her voice, this was a little ridiculous and over the top. I guess people who are not Catholic don’t get it!!!!

mejicanita @ 06/29/2009 at 10:55 am

#44, Ave Maria is a prayer. It’s the same as the Lord’s prayer except this one is for the Virgin Mary. It is mostly sung in Latin but there is a Spanish and English Version. Ave maria is also the prayer chanted when doing the rosary. It is a very solemn prayer.

I really didn’t realize, until this weekend, Micheal Jackson was the “Last True Entertainer”, after watching the numerous tributes. I admit some of the reknown musical artists of this generation are talented. Realistically, however, these artists will never reach the same plateau, as Micheal Jackson. Granted, it may be their goal, but they never will. All artists of this current generation should indeed pay homage to Micheal Jackson and their infinite predecessors, who paved the way. Beyonce’s vocals have greatly improved, over the years. Surprisingly, she was the “strongest” voice of Destiny’s Child and she has succeeded, in this industry. IMO last night’s BET Awards 2009 performance was not her best. The songs, “Ave Maria” and “Angel” are two totally different genres, which just did not correlate, whatsoever. But, I guess, in her my mind, it made sense.
Regarding NEO, his performances were great. Though, I question the necessity of the profanity/pseudo (“Thank you God”) acceptance speech. This was not his first BET awards or music award, nor is he a neophyte to this industry. Simply, the profanity was unnecessary. There is a difference between being nervous and unprepared versus being stupid.

irish girl @ 06/29/2009 at 11:08 am

This outfit seemed a little declasse considering the overall tone of the BET awards. She had to know that MJ’s death would be the central focus. Why would she wear a sheer dress? Not in good social form in my opinion.

That’s a wedding dress?

msblknasty1 @ 06/29/2009 at 11:54 am

bytch please wht does this hafta do wiff mj she always tryna show dat crack of hers SIT DOWN get those weavey naps done … she talked **** about the jacksons a few months back lolol

@mejicanita:

Hey, I am not Catholic, but I still thought it was very very disrespectful to sing a beautiful hymn in a Victoria Secret type lingerie outfit, and then to turn the song into a secular love song. That’s like playing with God. No matter if it were Muslim, Catholic, Baptist, whatever – you don’t mess with praise music like that.

@mejicanita:

Is that why she got booed when she came up to get her awards?

YALL ALL NEED TO SPOP HATING ON BEYONCE!! HAHAHAHA

I’m so glad that there is at least one celebrity who didn’t sell her wedding photos for some magazine.

i like beyonce but i think she over does the DIVA a little to to much. i mean its just over rated just the same thing with her nothing new . love her voice though.

She was terrible…

happygolucky @ 06/29/2009 at 1:22 pm

didn’t get the performance, she’s an awesome singer, but she just appears to be self-indulgent!!! Oh and Beyonce Knowles is a mezzo-soprano…. Sarah Brightman tops all levels of being a Soprano, a level Mrs. Knowles can’t achieve….. Beyonce has had formal training too achieve that voice….

Beyonce has a nice voice, but I think she takes herself too serious these days (trying to be a diva). Her performance last night was rather flat and I found the whole set up confusing. Ave Maria is an amazing song, but she lacks the passion and the understanding of the song to truly do it just. I am not the only one who….usually everyone will be calling Beyonce’s performance the best or second best of the show, but most people are like “she was alright”.

she seems miming to me, anyways everybody mimes today even michael jackson mimes… she looks good in that very original wedding dress, kinda hooker-like wedding dress but cute

I am not a Beyonce’ fan so when I heard her singing one of my favorite Sarah Mclachlan songs…I was less than happy…and Ave Maria…you can’t sing every song half naked with your breast exposed. That’s just not appropriate!

wtf is she thinking about – singing “AVE MARIA” and flaunting her front and huge thigh!!!!!!

AVE MARIA is a solemn song for VIRGIN MARY – is BEYONCE trying to be “VIRGIN MARY” – PPPUHHLLLLEAASEEEE!!! Not funny at all! She actually looked stupid. Really – is she the only person that has to represent BLACK people! Why does she always want to be in the limelight? OBAMA won, she sings. Micheal died, she sings – - please can’t stand her anymore….

@MT07: if Ave Maria is a song about the pure Virgin Mary, perhaps Beyonce should have rethought singing it in panties and a see thu skirt.

that is all.

VICTORIA # 1 @ 06/29/2009 at 3:28 pm

Agree, Number # 25, ” SHAKIRAKITTEN “, I did not get the entire ” episode “. JARED, why so many pictures of the ” wedding ” dress ?
Just a couple would have been all we would have needed, Thank You very much. That dress was just a little much, and really NOT needed for a tribute to Michael Jackson. It was a little odd and strangely inappropiate. Her voice came across as a little Mariah and a little Sarah B.
Beyonce tried to hard. Maybe they did not have enough time to really think things out, and should have postponed the program and thought about what would be appealing for everyone. Just my opinion .

i’d never really listened to beyonce’s music, so i hadn’t really heard her sing. i just decided to listen to this and i thought it was a beautiful performance. i don’t really care about the dress. haha

I LOVE BEYONCE!! she’s soo talented and i get to see her perform on July 23rd woo hoooooo!<3

100% GARBAGE was Beyonce and most of the BET Awards this year. This performance had no purpose and it dumb-founded even some of the other entertainers in the audience. The outfit(s) was so inappropriate for the songs she was singing and even if this is something she does in her tour show, it still seems unnecessary and WAYYY over the top.

you folks are missing the point, no one is denying that bey has a talented voice, what some of us are saying is that she wanted to outdo everyone else by going on stage half naked and as a catholic i was offended by her choice of ave maria, mj or bey are not of this religion , she could have sang one of his songs, and made a tribute to his music, but no bey had to make it about her, that was the worse show ever, the performers were horrible, bet should have waited and given mj a better tribute!, Jamie foxx sucks azz!

On a night that’s dedicated to the amazing Michael Jackson, Beyonce makes it all about her. Disgusting.

That is taken right out of her tour, no tribute there at all. She should be ashamed.

on sum real **** she coulda did a hype song or at least a song everyone knew. but she did good. it showed a diffrent side of her singing tho. but i wouldve strongly perfered a song that would get everybody hype. but what was the dress/tutu for?

This is one effin fugly body wtf is this fat legs,thighs..so ridiclous always trying to get some attention , she is so full of herself and treats her entourage badly, no wonder why she has a diva-reputation…

God after watching this awful performance, i realised that im gonna really really really miss Micheal !

@wtf: ***** u a hater. u wish u looked as good

what was this Bey? I seen her the night before on tour and seen the same act, with the same outfit on. This was nothing special for Micheal. I love Bey to death but she feeling herself too much.

This BET show actually showed why Michael Jackson was the King of pop. Jamie Fox was awful, it was all about him, he butchered MJ’s songs. That was a shameful show, they all looked like idiots and couldn’t put a good show together at the drop of a hat. BET sucks Culo!!!!

khriswill @ 06/30/2009 at 1:33 pm

beyonce was beautiful..The songs were touching..the outfit not so much..well the body suit was cute but I didnt understand the rest of the outfit..and yeah she did change it for micheal..!

R.I.P Micheal Jackson…

i really cried

Jamie Foxx said that Beyonce was going to sing I’ll Be There/Halo, but the head of BET Stephen Hill asked her at the last minute to change it to Ave Maria/In the Arms of the Angel, which is apart of her tour already. She’s always showed MJ a lot of respect. Her performance was gorgeous and the song was very appropriate since it contains a prayer anyway.

I’m huge fan of Beyonce’s. I know she had been on tour for 2 straight nights and flew into LA and got there early in the morning to do the BET Awards. The head of BET had her change performing a MJ song to her song at the last minute. This performance is apart of her tour, so she knows this routine very well and wanted it to be a well done performance in honor of Michael. I personally think that MJ would’ve liked the visual of her becoming a bride/angel. If anybody looked at the show, they would’ve known that almost nobody sung MJ songs. So how people can be saying that Beyonce was making it about her is ridiculous. At least, her song was appropriate to commemorate Michael unlike a lot of other artists’ songs on the show. Plus, she dedicated her first award to MJ when she won. The woman is a very sweet, gracious woman.

Beyonce was one of the few artists that did a performance appropriate for the occasion. She could’ve sung an uptempo song like Ego or Sweet Dreams. But she did a ballad to honor Michael Jackson. Nothing was wrong with her costume. God created the human body. The woman has such a gorgeous voice and her performance was really beautiful and touching.

Beyonce is a beautiful woman with a great voice. No need to hate on her for it. I thought she gave a really great performance.

Let’s get this clear Beyonce is such a performance hog. She stopped touring to come and perform at the BET awards 4 wat 2 be seen. I’m so sick of her hogging go positions for up and coming artist. Take a break for a min B. I don’t like her but I like her music but now it’s all starting to sound the same. Her little sister can’t even get the shine because she overshadowed by her. She could have stayed on tour and finshed it because that performance regardless of her cosigners think was horrible and the whole wedding theme thing just proved she has officially fell off her rocker. J get her some help please becasue she’s losing it. God B just take a break have some kids y’all got it set. Pass the torch please.

IT’S TRUE SHE IS A ******

the funnies thing i’ve ever seen, the hardly dressed beyonce singing a religious song about the virgin marie, wtf LOL b!tch better stick to her sad-assed songs and stop copying others, britney/ruhanna/kylie/michael……..she needs to be less exposed and more original

the funniest thing i’ve ever seen, the hardly dressed beyonce is singing a religious song about the virgin marie, wtf LOL !!! B!tch better stick to her sad-assed songs and stop copying others, britney/rihanna/kylie/michael……..she needs to be less exposed and more original and did i mention she sux to me,am i the only one who things she sux

o plz i think itS rude for u to compare beyonce with Mariah.Beyonce is much better, she looks better, sings better, dance better and the list goes on. Well i guess you are not from planet earth so i forgive you. but you need to be informed so dont make the mistake again ok.

WTF was up with that tutu, nightgown/robe act. I keep seeing it stated
she was paying tribute to Michael, how? She flaunted her shape in a
silhouette style, flapping that damned robe, trashy. Then the tutu?
Singing a Sarah McLachlan song? Why not sing a Michael Jackson song?
She finally sang Ave Maria in Italian, she sounded better in Italian,
but STILLmissed the mark. She should have just left that song
alone. It IS an opera song, Mariah (as much as I can’t stomach her)
could sing that song, Bey just doesn’t have the octave range.
She didn’t even say anything about it being a tribute to MJ, no words
nothing about Michael. How does she expect us to believe it was
about/for him?
After having read that this is an excerpt of her tour, then that makes it seem even more callous. She can sing, but she can’t sang. Get it. She’s a pop star, she has lost the soul. She sang so much better when she was younger, because she didn’t sound so ‘poppy’ (aka white). She’s no Keyshia Cole, Aretha, Mary J Blige, Monica, Brandy, Amerie, Ashanti, Jennifer Hudson, Laruyn Hill, etc.
Ya’ll think ’cause she flutters her voice that means she is the best singer. You don’t feel her sorrow, because she doesn’t have it in her voice. Listen to the people I’ve mentioned above, you can hear the anguish in their voices, in their songs. If you’re singing a song where we’re supposed to feel that you are hurting, then we should hear the hurt. Even Madonna could pull THAT off, and she is definitely pop.
Listen with your ears and your heart, not your eyes.

@carly
I agree. I always thought she was hotter than anyone, but now, that she’s been wearing less makeup, you can see she’s pretty average in the face. It takes away from that ‘perfect’ image. Plus, it makes you think that if her face looks THAT differnet, then what else looks different, underneath. She’s probably full of cellulite. After all, I noticed her booty never jiggles. That’s the point of a big booty to watch the actual booty shake and wiggle. You know the ‘jelly’. I’m starting to believe there’s padding involved, explaining why she wears a girdle at her young age.
Amerie is WAY hotter that Bey.

also, want to comment on the song, I have heard Ave Maria sung before, and Beyonce’ didn’t seem to even try to go for the high notes. That takes away from the feeling of the song. Granted I am not a fan of opera and kept wondering why she was singing it, but at least if you’re gonna do something, do it well.
She has gone way downhill these past few years. I am a proud, very good looking black man, and I am saddened and have become disillusioned over her fdescension from blackness to whiteness. I had closed my eyes to it for so long, but after seeing her in that ‘Obsessed’ flick, and realizing she sucks as an actress, and how she wasn’t as beautiful to look at as I had always thought her to be, the reality started crashing in on me like ocean waves in a storm.
I feel kind of like a fool, too, because I was constantly defending her ‘to the death’ anytime ANYONE spoke badly of her. Now, I’m realizing what the phrase ‘foot in mouth’ really means. I don’t like being wrong, actually I HATE it.
She looked awful at the beginning of the song, she looked better when they changed the lighting, though. She needs ambiance and makeup to look breathless, otherwise she’s just a 7.

BTW
taraji p. henson blew everyone away, with that dress. HOTTTTTT! Did ya’ll see her ass?

She has dirty looking knees. That overly short minidress looked awful on her. It made her look misshapened (is that even a word LOL?).
I’ve seen her look beautiful, with all the makeup, but this was not a good night for her. She should have stayed on the tour. I think it was disrespectful for her to have been there performing as a ‘tribute’ to Michael after she had just recenlty bashed his family. Like she couldn’t handle being compared.
I loved the Tyrese, Johnny Gill, and Tre Songz tribute to the Ojays. I missed the New Edition tribute. :’(.
Ne-yo proved he really can sing.
Maxwell, well, we all know.
I liked the Keyshia Cole/Monica performance, as well.

Oh, I am falling in LOVE with Keyshia’s fine ass. And she really does have a better, sexier voice than Beyonce’.

1ST OF ALL MARIAH HAS BEEN IN THIS GAME SINCE BEYONCE WAS DRINKING OUT OF A DAMN SIPPY CUP SO IF HER VOICE IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE AND IF SHE LIP SYNCS SO WHAT SHE HAS EARNED HER SPOT BEYONCE IS THE MODERN DAY DIANA ROSS WITHOUT DESTINY’S CHILD WHERE WOULD SHE BE NOW??? THAT PERFORMANCE AS USUAL WAS ALL ABOUT HER AND HER ONLY BOOSTING HER IMAGE SHE IS NOT I REPEAT NOT ICONIC BECAUSE REAL ICONS DON’T TRY TO BE ICONIC SHE TRIES TOO HARD AND WHEN PEOPLE SAY THAT WE HATE ON BEYONCE BECAUSE SHE HAS MONEY AND SKILLS IS THE MOST IGNORANT AND MOST UNEDUCATED THING THAT SOMEONE HAS SAID REGARDING THIS WOMAN IF I HATED SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY HAD MONEY AND TALENT I WOULDN’T BE A FAN OF ANY ONE MUSIC ARTIST, ATHLETES, ACTORS ANY ONE AND REGARDING HER COMMENTS TOWARDS THE JACKSON FAMILY IN MY OPINION IT’S NONE OF HER DAMN BUSINESS WHY OR HOW MR. AND MRS. JACKSON PUSHED THEIR KIDS ALL SHE NEEDS TO KNOW IS THAT SHE NEVER EVER NEVER EVER WILL HAVE EVEN HALF OF THE SUCCESS THAT MICHEAL AND JANET JACKSON HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO ENJOY MAYBE SHE NEEDS TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT HAVING SUCH A BIG “EGO” AND HUMBLE HERSELF A LIITLE MORE…….

Beyonce does have money….but she’s got to pay it all back to the people who keep trying to sue her. tell me did she ever settle that with Des’ree? Why won’t she just take some of her filthy benji’s and just PAY the girl off. I mean it was Des’ree’s song. 150, 000 ain’t alot. SOmebody coming off lookin alittle cheap.

@MT07:
Soooo, she was marrying michael? Hey, don’t get mad because you weren’t born american. GET OVER IT! WE’RE STILL A WORLD POWER! DON’T LIKE IT GET OUT THE WAY. WHILE YOU’RE AT IT, SHUT UP!

Beyonce was only there because anything of that magnitude she feels she got to get in on the spotlight! was she not just a few weeks ago saying her family was not like the jacksons? You Dam right because beyonce can’t even attempt to think she could compare with the jacksons, She was just there taking up some one else’s spot that should have been there! How can Bet keep giving her awards over more talented artist? sounds kinda fishy, bet is fast playing out and bey you are right behind them!

@Uhhh…:
I don’t know what’s the problem with you people.
I’ve been reading this comments just for fun, but if you pay attention to them it just hurt, not only because of what they say about Beyoncé, but because it reflects all the negativity and violence in our society.
Seriously, just read a few pages and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
I actually loved her performance because I think she was truly singing this song with respect and devotion, I also think some people see she singing Ave Maria as disrispectful but they forget thet a song like this shouldn’t be sang only at funerals and wedding, it’s a beautiful peace and I know God will be pleased if he sees someone who honors him with something as pure as music.
It’s just something to think about, please don’t be so violent and think with your heart before you express all of this hate. Hate is never good.

Love, SERGIO

I was mad as hell at B. i waited all month for that. Everyone was. When she came out on the stage in that white get up, and after she sung Ave Maria, I just knew she was gonna snatch that coat off and put a ring on it. Hell, mix it up with ego. I for one was hurt and pissed. That was the worst performance I ever seen from her. I hope she happy. Seeing how everyone wanted to see how she was gonna do it. I know Mo’nique is pissed. Great job B. You really outdid yourself with this one. You better be pregnant for doing a performance like that.

alidarulez94 @ 07/04/2009 at 12:33 pm

amazingly fugly

Why would she choose to sing “Ave Maria”,(a religious song), half naked? Talk about poor taste. And her mother was right there in the audience.You would think that her mother would have enough good taste and wisdom to tell her that the outfit was not appropriate for that song. What’s she going to do next, sing the Lord’s Prayer in a bikini? This was very tacky.

Beyonce has a voice, but she needs to stop trying to sit opera and classical songs. When I ask my daughter and her friends what they think about her singing opera, they just laugh. I am asking this to a group of people who have classically trained and graduated from top music colleges and conservatories.

Beyonce should stick to what she does best and that is R & B,a little bit of acting and shaking her behind. I think she knows her days are numbered. Soon she will join the ranks of Whitney, Tina and others who have come before her.

@Afrika: who cares if she dissed jackson, michael jackson is a god damn child molesting freak of nature. Yeah he made good music, he revolutionized the industry we get it, but enough is enough with this guy, hes dead. wierdo.

@LULU:

How do you know she speands Jay’s money? …and in case u didn’t check it, B made Destiney’s Child!

i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that dress !! i love too meet her and tell how much of a fan i am of hers……

@royal beauty: yall need to quit hattin on beyonce she is the best as for now and yall can talk about her but ya cant touch her so it dont matter what yall sAY CAUSE B IS BAD NOW WHAT *******

@BULLETPROOf_gucci_pumps: YOU NEED TO SHUTUP JUST AS MARIAH CAREY BEYONCE HAS WON HER SPOT SHE IS BETTER THAN ANY BODY CEPT MICHEAL JCKSON AND IF YOU CANT SAY NUTTIN NICE ***** DONT SAY NUTTIN

@Lori in canada: I HAVE LOOKED AT ALL OF THE COMMENTS AND I LOVE YOURS IT IS THE BEST TRULY I DONT CARE WHAT NOBODY SAY

@Fergie Fan !: ARE YOU EVEN BLACK THIS THE BET AWARDS BEYONCE IS THE BEST SO YOU CAN SHUTUP THE ONLY PERSON BETTER THAN HER IS MICHEAL

damiennphilly @ 07/28/2009 at 1:34 pm

OKAY QUEEN B PUT ON A GREAT SHOW LAST NIGHT , THE PROBLEM WASN’T IT WAS A BAD PERFORMANCE SHE SANG THAT SONG TO DEF. I LOVE HER STYLE IN THE SONG . THE ONLY THING THAT WAS WRONG WAS THE WORLD WANTED TO SEE SASHA FIERCE NOT BEYONCE . THEY WANTED HER TO GET THAT SHOW BODIED BUT FAIL TO ENTERTAIN B’CUZ OF WHATEVER REASONS BUT SHE DID SING THAT SONG TO DEF .

Ya i have to agree that Beyonce is kind of losing her grace.
At least before she had some kind of balance in when to look sexy and when to look respectfull.
It almost seems that ever since she blew-up that she can get away with doing anything,right or wrong!
Also, they’re always trying to show off how sexy she is !Wherever she is, they try and give her the skimmpiest and slutiest dresses. Now it’s all about how sexy she looks.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc..

Why do people praise this woman or idolize her. Praise God. Beyonce, just like every other overrated entertainer is apart of that iluminati crap. Watch them throw up the signs, it’s a secret society for the wealthy. Look it up, these people do some sick stuff just to stay on top. There is nothing they do that other billions of people in this world can’t do and even better. Yeah they have talent, a lot of people have talent. She or any of them can’t fool me, i know what’s going on in the industry. Wake up people, it’s all an illusion.