Neil Patrick Harris To Host Emmy Awards

Neil Patrick Harris To Host Emmy Awards

Neil Patrick Harris will host the 61st Annual Emmy Awards, set to air Sept. 20 on CBS.

The 36-year-old How I Met Your Mother star hosted last year’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards and last month, NPH hosted the 2009 Tony Awards (ratings were up 20%).

Last year at the Emmy Awards, reality mainstays Heidi Klum, Tom Bergeron, Howie Mandel, Jeff Probst and Ryan Seacrest shared hosting duties.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see NPH host this year’s Emmys?

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

“The 36-year-old How I Met Your Mother hosted”

You’re forgetting “star” or “actor” after the title!

I love NPH as Barney… dude is so hilarious. I’m so glad my boyfriend got me to start watching!

Definitely. I love NPH!!

Anonymous @ 07/02/2009 at 4:44 pm

I’m SO happy he’s hosting. He will do a great job! Last year, was painful to watch.

Honeybunch @ 07/02/2009 at 4:48 pm

How I wish he wasn’t gay—just thinking about that makes me sick–he is so hot that I want to bed him. darn it anyways.

JJ you have got to get your grammar act together. Seriously, is English even your first language?

That said – NPH is the bomb! I’m so thrilled his career has gone Stark Raving Mad!!

isnt hosting 2 shows in one year kind of overthetop? in any case, NPH is so hott.

Great! He did a great job for the Tony Awards.

i hope he makes the emmy’s funny
last year was a snore
im pretty sure i actually feel asleep watching it

yupp. i saw it on lainey but she said it wasn’t final. i love him. he’s going to be a good host.

YAY!! I love him and can’t wait for the new season of How I Met Your Mother this fall!

@kate: hey that sucks. it was an error. it’s pretty common when typing. just because he forgot a word doesn’t mean english isn’t his first language. -_-

anyway, at least neil is funny. those other five were bland at best.

Yes! I love NPH!

anything this guy does it turns to gold. love him.

fairycake @ 07/02/2009 at 5:31 pm

Is he on the Beastly set yet?

Annielicious @ 07/02/2009 at 5:34 pm

I love this guy! He rocks!!!

love neil he was great on the tonys,hes great no matter what—–

He’ll have to be better than last year’s hosts. That was the worst idea ever.

Doogie my leg hurts.

wow… he’s hosting loads! thats awesome! im also excited 2 see him play Will in the film Beastly :D

Buffy Somers @ 07/02/2009 at 7:00 pm

I love NPH! With him hosting not only will I watch the Emmy’s but I’ll actually pay attention – at least when he is on the screen. Now if only he could present himself with a reward for Dr. Horrible…….

Buffy Somers @ 07/02/2009 at 7:02 pm

…meant to have said an award – not a reward.

Men can get facial treaments as well.

@Honeybunch:

Girl, I feel the same way!

So glad he’s doing the Emmy because he was awesome hosting the Tony’s. Looooove the man!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All