Neil Patrick Harris To Host Emmy Awards

Neil Patrick Harris To Host Emmy Awards

Neil Patrick Harris will host the 61st Annual Emmy Awards, set to air Sept. 20 on CBS.

The 36-year-old How I Met Your Mother star hosted last year’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards and last month, NPH hosted the 2009 Tony Awards (ratings were up 20%).

Last year at the Emmy Awards, reality mainstays Heidi Klum, Tom Bergeron, Howie Mandel, Jeff Probst and Ryan Seacrest shared hosting duties.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see NPH host this year’s Emmys?

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

“The 36-year-old How I Met Your Mother hosted”

You’re forgetting “star” or “actor” after the title!

I love NPH as Barney… dude is so hilarious. I’m so glad my boyfriend got me to start watching!

Definitely. I love NPH!!

Anonymous @ 07/02/2009 at 4:44 pm

I’m SO happy he’s hosting. He will do a great job! Last year, was painful to watch.

Honeybunch @ 07/02/2009 at 4:48 pm

How I wish he wasn’t gay—just thinking about that makes me sick–he is so hot that I want to bed him. darn it anyways.

JJ you have got to get your grammar act together. Seriously, is English even your first language?

That said – NPH is the bomb! I’m so thrilled his career has gone Stark Raving Mad!!

isnt hosting 2 shows in one year kind of overthetop? in any case, NPH is so hott.

Great! He did a great job for the Tony Awards.

i hope he makes the emmy’s funny
last year was a snore
im pretty sure i actually feel asleep watching it

yupp. i saw it on lainey but she said it wasn’t final. i love him. he’s going to be a good host.

YAY!! I love him and can’t wait for the new season of How I Met Your Mother this fall!

@kate: hey that sucks. it was an error. it’s pretty common when typing. just because he forgot a word doesn’t mean english isn’t his first language. -_-

anyway, at least neil is funny. those other five were bland at best.

Yes! I love NPH!

anything this guy does it turns to gold. love him.

fairycake @ 07/02/2009 at 5:31 pm

Is he on the Beastly set yet?

Annielicious @ 07/02/2009 at 5:34 pm

I love this guy! He rocks!!!

love neil he was great on the tonys,hes great no matter what—–

He’ll have to be better than last year’s hosts. That was the worst idea ever.

Doogie my leg hurts.

wow… he’s hosting loads! thats awesome! im also excited 2 see him play Will in the film Beastly :D

Buffy Somers @ 07/02/2009 at 7:00 pm

I love NPH! With him hosting not only will I watch the Emmy’s but I’ll actually pay attention – at least when he is on the screen. Now if only he could present himself with a reward for Dr. Horrible…….

Buffy Somers @ 07/02/2009 at 7:02 pm

…meant to have said an award – not a reward.

Men can get facial treaments as well.

@Honeybunch:

Girl, I feel the same way!

So glad he’s doing the Emmy because he was awesome hosting the Tony’s. Looooove the man!

Good news. I hope he can make the Emmys funnier than last year. I’m still waiting for Stewart/Colbert hosting the Emmys, though.

A little of Topic @ 07/02/2009 at 10:03 pm

In my opinion without NPH & the character or Barney the show wouldn’t survive. He is the best he just makes me laugh so much. When I found out he was gay I was totally surprised he plays the sleezy straight guy so well. So kudous to him for being such a remarkable actor. He will kick ass at the emmy’s because he is hilarious. Congrats!

That is so awesome! I can’t wait to see him host. I had sucha crush on him when I was a teenager.

Heck yeh!!!

I was hoping for Craig Ferguson who has me laughing till I’m in tears every night, but NPH is a good choice. Craig will get his shot soon.

Great =D
I love that guy!

This should be awesome.
Last years was a tad cringe worthy, hope he’ll make the Emmy’s better.
I love watching award shows!

frenchtouch @ 07/03/2009 at 11:09 am

it’s GONNA be LEGENDARYYY

I am so excited!! I am part of that 20% of people who watched the Tony’s just because he was hosting… and he didn’t disappoint!

He is amazing on How I Met Your Mother and he is brilliant on stage!!

Can’t wait!!

Used to adore him in the Doogie Howser days – posters all over the wall! I don’t watch TV anymore, but hope he’s doing well.

He’s awesome! Talented, funny and sexy! I love this guy….

Patricia Perbeils @ 07/06/2009 at 5:51 pm