Whitney Houston: I Didn't Know My Own Strength

Whitney Houston: I Didn't Know My Own Strength

Check out Whitney Houston‘s new song “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength,” off her highly-anticipated new album, I Look To You, out September 1. Download here!

Here’s the lyrics to the chorus: “I didn’t know my own strength/ And I crashed down and I tumbled/ But I did not crumble/ I got through all the pain/ I didn’t know my own strength/ Survived my darkest hour/ My faith kept me alive/ I picked myself back up/ Hold my head up high/ I was not built to break/ I didn’t know my own strength.”

FYI: Whitney, 45, will kick-off Good Morning America‘s fall concert series in September!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Whitney’s comeback song — HOT or NOT?

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
Whitneyfan @ 07/02/2009 at 5:53 pm

OMG!! This song is amazing!!! I am so glad Whitney is back, I cannot wait for her new album!!

Damn Whitneys back. Songs amazing.

Sounds great. Her voice is not as smooth as it use to be but it is fantastic to have her back.

she’ll be next to OD on drugs. No matter- she’s so 1991 anyway

Amazing!! Welcome back, Whitney!

this is going to be such a big year for her and Mariah. Maybe they’ll do another collaboration because that would be so awesome! it would have been an even bigger year if MJ was still alive, but he is with the angels now and in no more pain. God Bless you MJ and whitney!

She’s going to win a GRAMMY for this! It really grows on you. Once there’s a Video and live performances, this song will be a major hit single. Watch.

Her voice sounds huskier but still quality. The song itself is good, although I would have preferred a more up tempo first release. I hope things go really well for her.

Whitney’s so pretty. This song is almost necessary to make a comeback with. It’s not my favorite but it’s good to hear she’s back. Her voice is very raw here. I am going to buy this when it comes out.

Mike smith @ 07/02/2009 at 6:08 pm

omg!, this song is a number one hit, it is AWESOME!, Whitney is definitely back, and I cannot wait for the Album to hit stores Sept 1st!!, lol I will be first in line. This song is for the perfect time in her career and she will do WELL on her comeback. Good job Whitney, We are all proud of you. :^)

DEvin bing @ 07/02/2009 at 6:09 pm

I think whitney is back…i love the song and can’t wait to hear her sing the song r kelly wrote for her..love ya Whiney Baby

I loved the song, almost sounds like the old Whitney..welcome back!

lol. love you jared. hahahaha. i love her. thanks for posting my request!!!!! i’ve listened to it 10 times straight and will listen to it everyday from now on. lol. i cannnot wait for this record. GO WHITNEY!!!!!

will fleming @ 07/02/2009 at 6:20 pm

The Diva has finally come back to us! we welcome you with open arms. The song is great. Step Aside Mariah….I am obsessed with Whitney Houston!

i don’t need dance records or her trying too hard, or whatever. i just want her back. is that asking too much. i don’t want her on crack and all that ****. gosh. thanks again jared. thanks whitney.

one word: Horrible

What is it? She’s over.

irish girl @ 07/02/2009 at 6:24 pm

Our girl’s back! She sounds great – huskier, as another post said – but good. She’ll retrain those pipes to hit those high notes.
Glad you’re back, Miss Whitney.

jeffrey Watson @ 07/02/2009 at 6:27 pm

this song is a whitney version of Mariahs Through the Rain, song, in ’02 when she came back, unfortunetely the song and album flopped due to the fact that no one really cares for sappy songs about overcoming adversity anymore, the song is good, but not “Whitney POW, I’m BACK”, but thats not what matters and as long as Whitney is happy, thats really matters!!!!

im surprised clive davis approved the song as a single..definitely a NOT.

orbitgumgirl @ 07/02/2009 at 6:29 pm

wow that is really bad …

i don’t even think i’m being analytical about this song…but if i was i would say some of the same things other’s are saying. i’m just happy she’s back/alive at all. i say nostalgia will sell her records. love her so much. go whitney. go new record. can’t wait for it to drop yeaaaaaah mami!!!

latinnippy24 @ 07/02/2009 at 6:30 pm

Simply amazing!!! “The Voice” is back ya’ll. I absolutely love the track. Bless you Whitney.

BOOOOOOOOOORING! …next…

One big mess, that’s how I describe it. I feel so sorry for her fans. They must be really disappointed. :roll:

Crack is whack, crack is cheap…. crack destroys your voice!

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All