Emma Watson To Attend Brown University, Says Daniel Radcliffe

Emma Watson To Attend Brown University, Says Daniel Radcliffe

Emma Watson will be attending The Ivy League college Brown University in Fall 2009, confirms her Harry Potter co-star Daniel Radcliffe.

He tells UK’s Guardian, “[Emma's] very clever. Do you know her GCSE results? (bulges eyes) I was thrilled with mine – seven Bs, two As and an A*. I think Emma got three As and seven A*s – she’s incredibly academic, it’s frightening. Me and Rupert [Grint] to all intents and purposes dropped out of school. And she’s going to Brown.” (FYI: A*s are like A+s.)

Emma hoped to keep her college choice a secret: “I just want to keep it private [my college choice] for as long as I can. I probably sound like a paranoid nut, but I’m doing this because I want to be normal. I really want anonymity. I want to do it properly, like everyone else. As long as I don’t walk in, and see, like, Harry Potter posters everywhere, I’ll be fine.”

Oops, Daniel spilled the beans!

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

WOW, IVY LEAGUE? Geez Emma, way to go! So freakin g smart!

marainsconset @ 07/04/2009 at 9:48 pm

I look forward to it. I’m glad she chose Brown. It’s very low key. Has one of the best medical school. Hope to run into her if she’s going to be on that wing.

“As long as I don’t walk in, and see, like, Harry Potter posters everywhere, I’ll be fine.”

Poor girl. She’ll be known as Hermione Granger till the day she dies!

Wow Emma!! You go girl!! I wish her the best of luck! I can’t believe she got all those A’s and A* while she was also filming a huge blockbuster film. Now that takes some serious brains, hard work, and dedication!

I can’t believe Dan just completely told her business like that. Oh well, it was bound to get out soon and it’s not like it’s bad news. Go Emma! She’s so freakin’ smart…it’s scary.

LOL like no ones gonna notice her walking round the uni….but im sure the ”excitment” will cool down after a week or so..! good for her!

ihavenolife @ 07/04/2009 at 10:26 pm

beautiful and intelligent! rare in the entertainment industry.

yay !! So excited for her… this is a great opportunity .. love Emma .. she’s fabulous.

@Matt: Her choice has been known for weeks now. Where have you been? Dan didn’t betray any secrets here.

So cool! I would freak if Hermione Granger was in my class. lol. But I’m so happy for her and I hope she has a great college experience. And I really hope she continues acting!

Fevertree @ 07/05/2009 at 1:54 am

@ihavenolife: Rarer than hen’s teeth. You only got to look at the sad dumb b****** in the industry to realise that. Ashlee Simpson, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ritchie, Jessica Simspon, The freakson twins, Misha Barton, Rachel Bilson to see that the average IQ is about that of a potato chip. Good for Emma, least she’ll be able to have an intelligent conversation. But not with the above.

I just finished the last book of Harry Potter – creid my eyes out!
These kids seem pretty well-rounded for hte most part – if they continue there education or not – they are set for life:)

whortensia @ 07/05/2009 at 3:03 am

The interview makes him appear plenty “kooky.” He talks about the pleasure of getting drunk on tequila. Before this he said he drank vodka with diet coke. I’ll tell you what will prove he is all “growd up”. A picture of him lying sprawled on top of his own vomit in some London gutter after a typical British night out of drinking tequila and other stuff. Then we will know our little Danny has gone off the rails and is really “growd up.” I can’t wait. LOL

sorry for all the typos – it’s late here and I’m beat:) cried, the, their:)

really wish i had her brains n her scores..

That’s awesome news for her and Daniel. Happy for them.

Daniel Radcliffe said she is going to Brown but not when. I doubt she will go this Autumn as filming for the final Harry Potters films doesn’t finish until April ’10.

She’s going this year. She will pretty much be filming by then.

Never trust Dan with your secrets Emma!! Lesson learned.

And nobody knew she was going, it was rumored, but everybody recently thought it was Columbia thanks to Jared here. It was all over the news.

Didn’t Emma announce that she was going to Columbia>

retrobanana @ 07/05/2009 at 11:56 am

wow awesome for her!!!! i know this sounds dumb…but its so cool that her and her chracter are both genuises!!!! way to go Emma….some pics of her i have seen her a little wasted but she clearly has a brain.

i like that she is going to college…..i like when stars go to college it seems like the right choice if you can make it happen.

also she is blowing up i mean she has burberry ads too…she clearly is the new ittttt thing.

and im happy she picked brown…located in Providence RI in thesame state as me…..i might just have to spend more time on thayer st. trying to find her….lol
out of the ivy leagues brown is a party school????or in general its a party school??….i do say this pretty much everyone there is a non RIer

@evalynn: you’re probably right; i went to a harvard college seminar a few years ago, and the admissions representative directly said ~3% of the admitted class is termed “automatic admit”
she listed examples like musicians who are already world-famous by the time they’re in high school and, of course, natalie portman

whortensia @ 07/05/2009 at 12:11 pm

@sammie:

No she didn’t.

whortensia @ 07/05/2009 at 12:15 pm

That’s awesome news for her and Daniel. Happy for them.

Why awesome for Dan? He isn’t going along with her. He is too dumb for university. Said so himself. He had to be tutored on set to learn much. When he was in school he always “got distracted” he said. The kid WAS sweet, but not bright. But sometimes his conversations sparkles. Seems in danger of drink. I hope not.

whortensia @ 07/05/2009 at 12:19 pm

“Me and Rupert….” No No No, Dan, It is “Rupert and I….” Me is not a subject pronoun. Your bad grammar would keep you out of any decent university. Your bad grammar is very bad indeed. Bad Bad Bad. Bad little boy.

whortensia @ 07/05/2009 at 12:24 pm

Brown IS one of the Ivy League Universities. There are eight. Brown is one of them.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All