Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern

Ryan Reynolds is Green Lantern

The Proposal star Ryan Reynolds will headline the live-action superhero flick, Green Lantern. He most recently played Deadpool in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Helming the film, based on the DC Comics hero, is Martin Campbell (GoldenEye, Casino Royale). According to Variety, production is expected to begin in January.

It was reported earlier today that Bradley Cooper and Justin Timberlake were the other top contenders for the role. Congrats, Ryan!!!

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
mythical creature @ 07/10/2009 at 11:11 pm

He’s a really cute guy. Good abs. Can’t wait to see it . Good choice :)

Yesssssss

I’m happy for Ryan. <3 Although I was secretly hoping Justin would get the part.

Well, he definitely way hotter than the other two. I would ride him for hours!!!

awesome! he’s got a rocking bod.

“he’s got a rocking bod.” but a head in the shape of a butternut squash.

I never really found him that attractive till you posted that magazine cover/photo shoot of him with no shirt on, now I find him irresistible!!!

Great choice! this is from a guy who hates most choices for superheros…he has the bod and looks for it.

mythical creature @ 07/10/2009 at 11:57 pm

Luv superhero movies. Nothing like a strong good guy that likes to save the day.

mythical creature @ 07/10/2009 at 11:59 pm

Would luv to have a dress up drunk with all kinds of costumes, then every night of the week…..well…..this isn’t THAT kind of message board ;)

so he’s going to play a DC AND a Marvel character – Deadpool and Green Lantern????

wow!

Halle Berry did it though, with Catwoman and Storm….

ryan is perfect!

I want justin to do a comedy….maybe a role with andy sandberg about those 2 guys on SNL – **** in a box/mother lover? :)

I can see it…sort of.

Bradley Cooper was a good choice too, but I can’t really see him as Hal.

wooo! ryan reynolds is awesome! thank god justin timberlake didnt get the part.

meh @ 07/11/2009 at 12:03 am Darn it.
———————
yeah same here…although i guess i should be happy that justin guy didn’t get it. jeez. that feels like a bare escape. but i think they should have given it to someone else. here’s to it bombing. no way am i going to see this movie, and i love green lantern. f*ck.

twifanatic Amanda @ 07/11/2009 at 12:54 am

YESS!!!!

u know its funny how out of the entire cast of “two guys and a girl” he was the only guy to make it as a movie star..the rest of the cast dint end up…..frankly speaking anywhere!!

Much better choice than Justin Timberlake… heck he even kinda looks like the Green Lantern!

THIS GUY IS SOOO UGLY BUT HIS CAREER’S JUST TAKEN OFF SINCE WOLVERINE……CAN’T BELIEVE HE’S AN ACTOR….THERE’S NOOOOO APPEAL

Ryan LITERALLY has INSPIRED me to lose my GUT of a stomach and now I dont go to bet unless I do my crunches! I literally want a SIX PACK NO FREAKIN KIDDIN!

TheRobRedstoneShow. com
@RobRedstone

LAMMMMME – I wish Bradley got the role! I would have loved to have seen him in green tights. ;)

ck_always @ 07/11/2009 at 3:29 am

That is some fine ass canadian bacon.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All