Christian Bale Looks Crack Cocaine Addicted

Christian Bale Looks Crack Cocaine Addicted

Christian Bale looks to have lost a significant amount of weight and thinned his hair for his character in the new movie, The Fighter.

The 35-year-old British actor shot new scenes on Monday afternoon (July 13) in Los Angeles. In the movie, Christian plays “welterweight boxer turned trainer turned drug addict” Dickie Eklund (welterweight is heavier than lightweight but lighter than middleweight).

FYI: Christian is a notorious method actor, who lost a staggering 63 pounds for the 2004 film The Machinist.

christian bale crack cocaine addiction 01
christian bale crack cocaine addiction 02
christian bale crack cocaine addiction 03
christian bale crack cocaine addiction 04
christian bale crack cocaine addiction 05
christian bale crack cocaine addiction 06
christian bale crack cocaine addiction 07
christian bale crack cocaine addiction 08

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
Mary beth @ 07/14/2009 at 1:25 am

Holy Crap he look scary!

yuck he looks emaciated.

funnymunny @ 07/14/2009 at 1:31 am

I wish he wouldn’t do such extreme diets. It’s so dangerous for his health, short-term and long-term.

No acting role is worth your health !!

Whoa, he looks so convincingly creepy. I’m impressed.

He always takes it to the extreme. He looked so sick in the Machinist– it completely took away from the story. Because I was so struck by his concave face, abdomen and bones everywhere. And this was before I even knew who Christian Bale was! I thought, who is this sick, walking stick they got to play this part??

It wasn’t necessary for the story to look that thin, but I think he has a need to prove no one can or will do what he does as an actor. Personal ego– not for the benefit of the movie or audience.

Poor Chris….*hugs*

I don’t know, i think he’s just a very intense person by nature. He loves his craft and just wants to do all he can for the part. I have to give him props for trying so hard to be believable in his roles.

Realme2008 @ 07/14/2009 at 1:49 am

He is a method actor and very committed to his roles. He’s trying to make the role even more believable,and understand what the character is going through. I’m sure he will gain his weigh back after this.

he did mention something about just eating apples when he was getting ready for the machinist, he’s dedicated alright!

I think he’s better in serious movies. I hate him as Batman and he was horrible in the terminator.

No, it wasn’t necessary to lose all that weight for the Machinist, but I don’t think it has anything to do with ego. He went overboard because he got a little carried away. He was losing interest in acting and The Machinist was the first role in a long time he loved. He even admitted he lost the plot with the weight loss thing. He does what he needs to do to get into his character. Btw, he was fantastic in The Machinist.

He does look really thin here, but not nearly as thin as The Machinist. He’s playing someone who had a crack addiction. If you’ve seen pictures of the real Dicky Eklund, you know how messed up he looked during his addiction.

@ ME

You make a very good point.

wow. taking it a bit far. that cant be healthy.

wow. taking it a bit far. that cant be healthy.

alice staley @ 07/14/2009 at 2:13 am

This guy totally amazes me

In the candid walking around pictures(the ones where he’s carrying the bag), he looks exactly like my brother. Same build, same clothes, same defined cheekbones, same everything. It’s really freaking me out. My brother is 6 feet tall and 155 pounds. I wonder if Bale is around the same height and weight. I’m forwarding to this link to my brother. He could have been an stand-in for Bale in this movie.

Unfortunately, he looks like an A-list crackwhore.

I think the scenes were actually shot in Boston, not LA. The pics with him carrying the bag were on another site earlier today and they were supposedly taken in Boston where the movie is supposedly being shot.

I think his commitment to his roles is amazing. He is a truly dedicated actor who puts amazing focus into his craft. He has a gift of transforming himself and that is something truly commendable.

As others said, he is playing the role of Dicky Ecklund a once welterweight boxer who turned to a life of drugs. If you’ve seen pictures of the actual man, you’ll see that Christian has done well to transform himself into the man he is portraying. No need to be freaked out by an actor doing their job.

heath ledger @ 07/14/2009 at 2:23 am

why so serious Bale?

irish girl @ 07/14/2009 at 2:34 am

He’s a great actor, but he gets a little too into his roles. I like being thin, but this is extreme to me.
@Rayanne: I’m 6′ and 155 pounds, and I look NOTHING like this. He weighs less than that for sure.

omg he looks like a hobo

Mickey von Dutch @ 07/14/2009 at 2:38 am

CB may be a great actor, but somehow I get the feeling that he is someone you should steer clear of in personal life. Men who take themselves so seriously are usually not much fun. Besides, who wants a guy that weighs less than you do?

deraj tsuj @ 07/14/2009 at 2:39 am

biggest a$$hole in Hollywood, beats up his mother…pathetic jerk

oh my god. i bet he can still cuss up a storm. he looks like he’s 135 or less. no way is he 155. lol.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All