Christian Bale Looks Crack Cocaine Addicted

Christian Bale Looks Crack Cocaine Addicted

Christian Bale looks to have lost a significant amount of weight and thinned his hair for his character in the new movie, The Fighter.

The 35-year-old British actor shot new scenes on Monday afternoon (July 13) in Los Angeles. In the movie, Christian plays “welterweight boxer turned trainer turned drug addict” Dickie Eklund (welterweight is heavier than lightweight but lighter than middleweight).

FYI: Christian is a notorious method actor, who lost a staggering 63 pounds for the 2004 film The Machinist.

christian bale crack cocaine addiction 01

• An Amy Winehouse statue was erected in London - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Alessandra Ambrosio's legs are so long - Hollywood Tuna

Mary beth @ 07/14/2009 at 1:25 am

Holy Crap he look scary!

yuck he looks emaciated.

funnymunny @ 07/14/2009 at 1:31 am

I wish he wouldn’t do such extreme diets. It’s so dangerous for his health, short-term and long-term.

No acting role is worth your health !!

Whoa, he looks so convincingly creepy. I’m impressed.

He always takes it to the extreme. He looked so sick in the Machinist– it completely took away from the story. Because I was so struck by his concave face, abdomen and bones everywhere. And this was before I even knew who Christian Bale was! I thought, who is this sick, walking stick they got to play this part??

It wasn’t necessary for the story to look that thin, but I think he has a need to prove no one can or will do what he does as an actor. Personal ego– not for the benefit of the movie or audience.

Poor Chris….*hugs*

I don’t know, i think he’s just a very intense person by nature. He loves his craft and just wants to do all he can for the part. I have to give him props for trying so hard to be believable in his roles.

Realme2008 @ 07/14/2009 at 1:49 am

He is a method actor and very committed to his roles. He’s trying to make the role even more believable,and understand what the character is going through. I’m sure he will gain his weigh back after this.

he did mention something about just eating apples when he was getting ready for the machinist, he’s dedicated alright!

I think he’s better in serious movies. I hate him as Batman and he was horrible in the terminator.

No, it wasn’t necessary to lose all that weight for the Machinist, but I don’t think it has anything to do with ego. He went overboard because he got a little carried away. He was losing interest in acting and The Machinist was the first role in a long time he loved. He even admitted he lost the plot with the weight loss thing. He does what he needs to do to get into his character. Btw, he was fantastic in The Machinist.

He does look really thin here, but not nearly as thin as The Machinist. He’s playing someone who had a crack addiction. If you’ve seen pictures of the real Dicky Eklund, you know how messed up he looked during his addiction.

@ ME

You make a very good point.

wow. taking it a bit far. that cant be healthy.

wow. taking it a bit far. that cant be healthy.

alice staley @ 07/14/2009 at 2:13 am

This guy totally amazes me

In the candid walking around pictures(the ones where he’s carrying the bag), he looks exactly like my brother. Same build, same clothes, same defined cheekbones, same everything. It’s really freaking me out. My brother is 6 feet tall and 155 pounds. I wonder if Bale is around the same height and weight. I’m forwarding to this link to my brother. He could have been an stand-in for Bale in this movie.

Unfortunately, he looks like an A-list crackwhore.

I think the scenes were actually shot in Boston, not LA. The pics with him carrying the bag were on another site earlier today and they were supposedly taken in Boston where the movie is supposedly being shot.

I think his commitment to his roles is amazing. He is a truly dedicated actor who puts amazing focus into his craft. He has a gift of transforming himself and that is something truly commendable.

As others said, he is playing the role of Dicky Ecklund a once welterweight boxer who turned to a life of drugs. If you’ve seen pictures of the actual man, you’ll see that Christian has done well to transform himself into the man he is portraying. No need to be freaked out by an actor doing their job.

heath ledger @ 07/14/2009 at 2:23 am

why so serious Bale?

irish girl @ 07/14/2009 at 2:34 am

He’s a great actor, but he gets a little too into his roles. I like being thin, but this is extreme to me.
@Rayanne: I’m 6′ and 155 pounds, and I look NOTHING like this. He weighs less than that for sure.

omg he looks like a hobo

Mickey von Dutch @ 07/14/2009 at 2:38 am

CB may be a great actor, but somehow I get the feeling that he is someone you should steer clear of in personal life. Men who take themselves so seriously are usually not much fun. Besides, who wants a guy that weighs less than you do?

deraj tsuj @ 07/14/2009 at 2:39 am

biggest a$$hole in Hollywood, beats up his mother…pathetic jerk

oh my god. i bet he can still cuss up a storm. he looks like he’s 135 or less. no way is he 155. lol.

Dear God… He looks nigh unrecognizable…. And unhealthy. =(

I think hes an Aussi…not british

I am very happy for him because he is doing now what he loves best! Acting and working! Good luck Christian! you look fine even on that fit! Love you man!

Hey, it’s me again. Just chiming in to say that I agree with Gloria. I think he’s back to doing the character acting he loves best and that we haven’t seen since 3:10 to Yuma and Rescue Dawn in 2007. I like a blockbuster just as much as the next person, but there’s only so much you can do in one. He is at his best when he can really sink his teeth into a meaty role. Can’t wait to see his performance.

@Rayanne:

what’s his number?

squishy butt @ 07/14/2009 at 3:44 am

They may be planks, them british actors but at least they can actually act. Not like most of the ****** faketors in HW these days.

baleeesex @ 07/14/2009 at 3:48 am

I’m Bale-Bating!

He looks like a brunette Hayden Christensen..?

GREAT ACTOR !

he’s very talented!

newmoonrp @ 07/14/2009 at 6:14 am

I found a great site “”"”"B l a c k W h i t e C o n n e c t DoT c O m “”"”"” It ‘s where you have the opportunity dreaming about dating a charming beauties and even hot celebs and make it true!

That can’t be healthy.

I have never been able to understand the fascination with this guy – he is not that good of an actor.

That is noithing compared to The Machinist where you can see his ribs and spinal cord as he bends down.
I wish he would think of his daughter. Life is too short to be messing with your body like this. Talented guy but mad to do this. He still won’t get an Oscar because people think he’s an aggressive twat.

I recall watching ‘The Machinist’ with utter horror at Christian Bale’s weight loss for the part he played. I would hate to see him get that thin again for a movie. Like someone else said his emaciated body was very distracting while watching ‘The Machinist’.

sweetness @ 07/14/2009 at 7:55 am

it’s totally CRAZY to lose this amount of weight for a movie role. And the fact that he has done is more than once doesn’t prove that he’s a method actor. If anyone knows anything about METHOD acting you do not need to put your body through dangerous health hazards for a role.

as a method actor to play a murderer does one need to actually KILL another or if you are a method actor do you actually need to shoot heroin or smoke crack to portray an addict….NO.

He’s endangering his health for sensationalism. He’s not a serious actor he’s an egomaniac.

losing that much weight can not be good for the heart of body and he’s had to do it for another movie in the past. I hope it doesn’t take a toll on him.

omg he looks great,. the americans are so averagely fat that they claim that(CB)’s sickly thin. many orientals are thinner than that and are way healthier and fit than those who say brandon fraser’s pregnant belly looked OK. so, relax,

i can’t stand him as an actor but he’ll probably win some award for this

While I think he takes it to extremes you have to praise the mans dedication to his roles. I believe he is a great actor. There are a lot of actors\actresses in hollywood that would benefit from his influence (and I’m only referring to his acting here!). Its good to see that he takes his job seriously, though I really hope he has medical guidance to what he’s doing to his body.

lAURIE hANKS @ 07/14/2009 at 9:14 am

Maybe he is on drugs.

Woa, I imagine his performance in this will be brilliant. His committment to his more serious acting roles are brilliant.

On the apple diet again….

Can’t wait to see this movie. He makes the movies worthwhile because he is actually acting, as opposed to everyone else out there just showing up and doing the same character.

Hard to see him looking so rough though.

Thanks Christian, for your dedication…

Long-term damage @ 07/14/2009 at 10:36 am

He’s going to ruin his health in the long run if he keeps taking his body to these unnatural ‘extremes.’ You can’t subject yourself to this kind of self-inflicted physical abuse over and over again and not eventually pay a price for it.

I don’t think he is so slim, maybe it is because his features are thiner as he lose weight but for me the guy looks fine. You are all just looking for something to say and that’s all.
Bale is just doing his job. For sure it will be great!

christian, what are you doing, baby?? he fluctuates too much for each movie, so unhealthy.
when he loses weight like this he looks like he’s 25 tho.

popgoestheweazel @ 07/14/2009 at 11:09 am

wow! there’s a lot of doctor’s and therapists on this site commenting on how bad it is for his health and for his family life. i hope you are also out there saving patients.

obviously, it is for a movie role people.

Bale is a great actor. The Machinist really sucked though, because the director had no idea what he was trying to do, as evident from directors commentary on the dvd (and the sucky, unwatchable movie). I sure hope that, since Bale is jepordizing his health by losing so much weight so quickly — for the second time, the director makes the effort to figure himself out before he starts shooting.

@deraj tsuj: no,he didn’t beat his mother! it was “verbal assault”

Losing weight to the extreme does not mean you’re a great actor. Im no doc but this is not healthy especially to one’s heart.

Now that’s what I call a METHod actor!

“Method” acting has nothing to do with starving oneself. It’s about drawing on one’s emotions and memories. If you don’t have the relevant emotions or memories, then you either imagine them or talk to someone who does, get the picture from them, and borrow them. Bale is way overrated as an actor; in Dark Knight he stunk…

Thank the goddess Brad turned down that role!

Hope he gains weight after this. He is still kinda hot though.

Christian Bale is one of our finest actors EVER!
He has been given a true GOD given talent!!!
From Empire of the Sun to Public Enemies, he is amazing!
His body of work is excellent, with such a huge variety of films
to entertain us with! He never ceases to amaze me!
I read somewhere that yes he is thin now, but fit as a fiddle to play a boxer…now they have thinned out his hair and he is starting to look more like Dicky Ecklund!
ALL Hail The Bale!!!
cheers!

he’s thin, but it not like unhealthy, i like his Bruce Wayne physique though

I’m sure he’ll be great in The Fighter. But, then, I’d like to see the studios make a Batman 3 so we can see more of healthy, fit Bruce Wayne with that gorgeous full head of hair… I think I’ll go watch The Dark Knight again so I can remember how hot Bale can be!

Velvet Goldminee @ 07/14/2009 at 4:23 pm

Christian is a realtively clean and successful actor who should be commended for going to those depths that he does to communicate characters and help people x

Brulionnasprali @ 07/14/2009 at 4:28 pm

Being skinny in the Machinist made a lot of sense to me, he was insomniac and paranoid so he might just have forgotten to eat. What he complained about was that the reviewers cared too much about his weight loss than the actual film.
And if he plays a drug addict let him be skinny, it’s part of the role. I couldn’t imagine Brad Pitt being so commited.

Crack Not. He Looks MORE LIKE A METH HEAD

hook me up with his nutritionist! LOL!

You people are idiots. This man clearly still weighs in the 160-170 range. He’s not that thin here, and it is not unhealthy to be thin.

In many eastern cultures fasting is still common, and is often used as a way to cleanse the body of toxins.

The stupidity and fatness of the average American is mindblowing.

@CRD
You’ve talked loud but clear! I agree with you 100%. To be fat is to be unhealthy and not to be slim. I think he looks great as he fits!

I am , he is not HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAA HAHAHA

This is the 2nd time he’s lost an unhealthy amount of weight for a role, I think he takes these movie roles a bit too seriously

crd is correct @ 09/30/2009 at 3:31 am

UFC fighters drop 15 to 20 pounds in one to two days to go into a fight. Diago Sanchez dropped from 172 to 155 in one day for a fight. Do you think he’s unhealthy? Check out how much the top olympic runners weight compared to thier height. Are they unhealthy? You people crack me up.

Transport you for added raring article. Where else could anyone get that benign of message in untold a perfect way of output? I get a manifestation close week, and I am on the see for such acceptance.

He is only skinny because of the movie. And i am sure he doesn’t do drugs, he would problably not do crack, he is a serious actor. Don’t complain on that he is skinny, that is for a movie, he must do that for the role.