Jude Law Has Hamlet Goers Screaming

Jude Law Has Hamlet Goers Screaming

Having just performed in the play Hamlet, Jude Law is swamped with fans wanting his picture and autograph outside London’s Wyndham Theatre on Tuesday (July 14)

One theatergoer commented, “I was screaming because it was wicked. And I don’t even fancy Jude Law. I’ve been to two plays before but I fell asleep in them. This one was different because you could really relate to Jude Law being so angry and crazy. It’s changed my mind about theater.”

25+ pictures inside of Jude Law and his screaming fans…

jude law screaming fans 01
jude law screaming fans 23
jude law screaming fans 24
jude law screaming fans 25

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

He looks lovely.

Very cool, Jared. The article that the quote comes from also includes the fact that hundreds of school kids around London were provided with free tickets to last night’s performance, they sat enthralled through the whole performance, and the cheers they gave him at the end were comparable to a pop concert.
Jude is very passionate about the theater and has contributed a lot to restoring the Old Vic in London.
*gives Jude a big hug*
Oh, and his hotness in those jeans and t-shirt is simply out of control.

Also, I’m looking forward to seeing his Hamlet in New York in October (and anything else he wants to show me….LOL)

*Swoons from the hotness in these photos*

Thanks Jared. Please keep the Jude-pics coming.

annieRich @ 07/15/2009 at 2:19 pm

Just lovely. One and a half week and I m there.

Annie, I’m jealous! :) I have to wait 3 months.

Two weeks and i´m there :)
thanks jared :)

purpleworm @ 07/15/2009 at 2:45 pm

love the story about the school kids @ the show. I’ll bet Jude got a kick out of that! The stagedoor stuff must be a bit of drag after this long. I saw a youtube video of it and it’s pretty intense. he’s such a good sport. Hope he’s getting lots of rest inbetween shows.

Is very handsome, but somewhat thin ..

Irish Girl @ 07/15/2009 at 3:04 pm

It’s amazing that a performance like Jude’s can inspire a love of theatre. That’s wonderful. So many young people miss out on the opportunity to see live theatre and have that connection with a live performance, which is truly magical.
@sheryl: It’s wonderful that they were given that opportunity. Sheryl were many of them “inner city” kids who might not have the chance to see this performance? I hope so. What better way can you inspire a life long love of theatre?!?

I don’t care if he’s thin or fat, if he’s ugly or pretty, tall or small…he is Jude and I love him!

Jude is inspiring in so many ways – the creative urge withwhiuch he manifests himselft in the charitable work he does to promote theatre and children’s charities and those like the Music for tomorrw a charity for New Orleans and Pea One Day a charity to save not only chilodren but the whole world by showing that peace does work even if it’s only a day at a time. The program for schools ha been done in British school and was done this year in Amerian schools and other school systems will ]benefit as well as ultimately evryone in this world..This
program that he is doing with Jeremy Gilley may bring GIlley a Novel Peace prize one day and Jude is not far behind. And now he is passing his love for the theatre down to chilodren in a legacy that will
bring knowldge and pleassure and understanding. This is his real
life not the lies that get printed to make a buck and have to be denied
making peple look foolish. There is so much good that he does tnat is worth pubicizing why bother with the unproven stoiies that turn out
fo be false Keep the good stuff coming, there is so much good in this
guy he is not only hot , hot hot but fine fine fine.Thanks for the beauriful picturrs.

Irish Girl, this was the content of the article from This is London news:
_______________________________________________
Jude Law proves Hamlet is a scream
Sri Carmichael, Consumer Affairs Reporter Sri Carmichael, Consumer Affairs Reporter
15.07.09

It is probably the first time the curtain has fallen on a three-hour performance of a Shakespearean tragedy with the audience screaming as if they were at a pop gig.

Last night actor Jude Law convinced 780 young Londoners – many of whom were new to the theatre – that watching Hamlet was a gripping way to spend their evening.

The students, all aged under 26 and from schools and drama colleges across the capital, were given free tickets. It was the climax of a year-long West End season at the Wyndham’s Theatre for the Donmar Warehouse production, which has used affordable pricing to encourage a wider, younger audience to fall in love with theatre.

If last night’s explosion of more than five minutes of rapturous applause after hours of remarkably un-fidgety concentration is anything to go by, it seems to be working.

Hollywood star Law’s critically acclaimed and impassioned portrayal of the Danish prince driven to the brink of insanity in his attempt to avenge his father’s death had its young audience hooked. There were collective gasps when his seething anger boiled over and waves of infectious giggles at his irreverent behaviour.

Law was forced to put a finger to his lips to quieten his audience at the end so he could thank them for their “amazing” response.

Michael Grandage, the play’s director and the artistic director of the Donmar Warehouse, had pared down the text to ensure the action moved along at brisk pace.

Faduma Hassan, 18, from John Kelly sixth form in Neasden, said: “I was screaming because it was wicked. And I don’t even fancy Jude Law. I’ve been to two plays before but I feel asleep in them. This one was different because you could really relate to Jude Law being so angry and crazy. It’s changed my mind about theatre.”

Law, who was born in Blackheath, was mobbed by more than 100 fans at the stage door after the performance and spent 15 minutes signing autographs and posing for pictures.

He said: “They were a fantastic audience. Tonight was a wonderful and important night. Creating the next generation of theatregoers is vital to keep the work we do alive.”

Grandage said: “It was incredible. They all sat focused in total concentration like an adult audience and then they just erupted like a volcano at the end. I don’t think I’ve seen a reaction like it before.

Jude Law
“This whole Donmar West End season project was about encouraging new young audiences to build a life-long relationship with the theatre to ensure its future lifeblood. We want them to keep coming back.

“People worry that today’s young people have short attention spans and want digital excitement but you can keep them coming to the theatre if you keep producing engaging plays. And that’s the director’s responsibility.”

sharyllee @ 07/15/2009 at 3:37 pm

I m looking forward to seeing his Hamlet in New York in November…. very handsome and talent!! Everything is so beautful with Jude.. I hope he will kiss my cheek too.

Looking good in those jeans and t shirt! loving me some JUDE right now!! thanks Jared!!!!!! can’t wait for my turn to see Hamlet :D

r the smiley faces working?? :)

He’s not a single bit too thin for me. He’s got a fit and yummy body.

I’ll be seeing him
on stage,
at the end of the street
where the road leads
to the unknowns

but I care no less
yet once a dream
will be emerging
to realm of clarity

ten days to come
and a day seems so far.

will I scream,
will I perish into a dream
will I be lost yet found
oh poor soul of mine
what an answer to such a kind?

Thanks, my sweet Jared. And that jeans is killing me!!! I just have to perish into a dream, I suppose. A very, very long and sweet dream…

Weird, I think I’m a Jude Law fan again.

Total hotness! Love him!

he looks so young and charmingggg rrrrrrrrrrr

blackworm @ 07/15/2009 at 4:40 pm

He looks GREAT!

christine @ 07/15/2009 at 4:50 pm

i “fancied” Jude Law right BEFORE he became a big-time star (atleast in the States) and I remember one of my law student friends made fun of me for it. She was like “EW! WHAT do you see in him??” Well, she can kiss it now! Of course, I got over him, as he got older. These sex symbols just lose it sometimes as they get older. Whereas, there are some others who probably start looking attractive after they start growing gray hair.

mimi prism @ 07/15/2009 at 5:16 pm

Oh dang!, He is just beautyful! All man and I wish he were all mine! Love ya JL!!! Thanks JJ = )!

GODBLESS & GODSPEED!