Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Mischa Barton Held Under Psychiatric Hold

Mischa Barton Held Under Psychiatric Hold

It was reported earlier today that Mischa Barton was removed from her home on Wednesday afternoon (July 15).

Access Hollywood is now reporting that the 23-year-old actress was placed under an involuntary psychiatric hold and transferred to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Wednesday evening. According to Wiki, someone can be held involuntary if s/he us deemed to have a mental disorder that makes them a danger to him or her self, and/or others and/or gravely disabled. Britney Spears was held involuntarily twice in Los Angeles in January 2008.

Get well soon, Mischa!

ABC

Lol i love how JJ chose a picture of her looked Mad Crazy!

Get well soon

x

omg why?!? she seems fine! I guess you never know :/

I hope she will get better soon

terrible that she has to not only go through this but go through it publicly

Get well soon Mischa!

I didn’t see this coming…

She looks more like 43 instead of 23. Get well and get clean, girl!

sweetness @ 07/16/2009 at 3:43 pm

it really doesn’t shock me..most of these hollywood starlets are not serious actresses ..they only focus on partying and clothes..after a while that shallow existence is meaningless…and in LA she will now be an outcast after this news circulates.
sad.

hopefully she will get clean and get it together.

That's what meth will do... @ 07/16/2009 at 3:47 pm

It rots your mind and makes you nutso!! Sad.

Get well soon, don’t judge people, everyone gets problems. Shame on JJ.

Ugly, no career, stoned, fat, drunk and sick..
I am sorry for you Mischa..

haha crazyyyyy *****

She looks so different in that picture, like her face is swollen. I hope she gets well soon. No one has a right to judge someone for having problems. We all have them.

bestdamnthing @ 07/16/2009 at 3:55 pm

poor girl :( I used to like this girl . She looked great in the O.C. but now ??? She looks definitely old I mean like she 30s…

bestdamnthing @ 07/16/2009 at 3:55 pm

poor girl :( I used to like this girl . She looked great in the O.C. but now ??? She looks definitely old I mean like 30s…

@STFU:

she seems super bloated. i saw her in.. heat magazine i think it was.
poor mischa.
get well soon!
xoxox

sharyllee @ 07/16/2009 at 4:13 pm

I know she is weird!!

Wtf, Mischa went back into hospital for complications to her dental surgery and now they’re saying she’s mad? No… These tabloids are outta control man.

Get well soon Mischa, i’m 100% behind you all the way!

Get well, and Liz you heartless b****, GET A LIFE!!

Wonder what is going on?

Scary!

christine @ 07/16/2009 at 4:45 pm

OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO HER FACE IN THAT PHOTO??
THT’S WHAT HAPPENS TO SOME PPL WHO TAKE ANY SORT OF DRUG OR ALCOHOL, EVEN IF IT’S OVER THE COUNTER OR PRESCRIPTION. AND THESE THINGS SCREW UP YOUR BRAIN FOREVER.
I REMEMBER ONE MORE EXPERIENCED CO-WORKER WHO WAS THE BIGGEST IDIOT I HAD EVER MET… POOR LISTENING SKILLS… LACKED PATIENCE… CONSTANTLY INTERRUPTING… INSTRUCTIONS WOULD GO RIGHT OVER HER HEAD… INFORMATION WOULD GO IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER… NOT AT ALL METICULOUS… SLOPPY… NEVER PAID ATTENTION TO DETAIL…. SPELLING ERRORS… GULLIBLE….AND THEN LATER REVEALS TO ME SHE USE TO DO DRUGS BACK IN THE DAY. SHE HAD THE BRAIN OF A SENILE OLD MAN!
OH YEA, SHE AND HER FATHER USE TO BE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY. I CURSED MY OLD MANAGER OUT FOR HIRING HER. I PREDICTED THAT CO-WORKER WOULD NOT BE WORKING THERE FOR LONG AND I WAS RIGHT.
YOU CAN BE EXCELLENT AT ONE THING…. LIKE MATH OR MEMORIZING LINES FOR A MOVIE… BUT BE A TOTAL AND UTTER WACK JOB!

I can’t believe how silly and cruel some people can be.
When I read some of the comments here in this blog, the shallow and nasty comments like #1, # 7, # 8 and # 12 (this last two in particular), I swear, I believe less in human race.
It’s so absolutely sad that there are people that can write things like those they did. This girl is facing real problems. It’s not a movie. It’s not a show. It’s her real life.
So what, right?
You don’t give a sh*t!
If she dies, you won’t give really a sh*t either.
Where is the feelings like compassion, like kindness? For sure, very far away from here.
I’m really sorry for you Jared. You can make money with yor blog, it’s a job and it’s fair enough. But a great part of your readers can be really cruel with someone they even don’t know. And someone that is obviously is facing a completly delicate state, in a fragile moment. The last thing in the world she needs is it. Shame on you!
For Misha, I also wish you get well soon, dear. You’re so beautiful, young and sensible and have a long life expecting for you. Take your time and I wish you all the best.
With luck, we still have people here like E (#11) and Amanda (#14), for example. With luck, there are still good and reasonable people in this world that can make the difference. Thanks God.

(((Mischa)))

Why is it ALWAYS Cedars Sinai for the celebs? Is this the only hospital in town or the only one to be seen by the paps for photo ops?

@Sally: Isn’t it horrible how cruel people can be for absolutely no reason?

Oh, that’s so sad. Please, please, please get better Mischa. You have lots of fans who care about you!

She looks so odd in that pic, like a voodoo doll with the big eyes and all. What happened to her career anyway? She fell off big time.

Terrible though if what they’re saying is true. I hope she gets well soon. That is so sad to hear.

Irish Girl @ 07/16/2009 at 5:25 pm

She such a follower. She can’t even have an original breakdown without copying another celebrity.

Most of the comments on this thread are really disgusting. Don’t you people understand that Mischa Barton is a very SICK young woman. She deserves our sympathy and prayers and not sarcastic comments on “how fat/thin/old/young” she looks.

Come on Tiny Tom Cruise…go help. Because, as he said, he is the ONLY ONE that knows psychiatriy. Go Tiny alien space ship man, go do your thing. YOUR the ONLY one that can help, as you say.

@sweetness: AMEN. If you’re serious about the craft, you study, you do theater, etc. Clubs and parties and fashion will not help you act better.

An involuntary hold usually occurs when someone starts talking about suicide.

23 YEARS OLD >???
SHE IS SO YOUNG.

Everyone should have seen this coming. Where are her parents and friends?

OMG GET WELL SOON MISCHA :(

i hope she gets well soon. no one should have to go through that <3

Its’ Bulimia !!!!

Sally——–

Why are you bitching at Jared? He didn’t say anything mean and in fact said to get well soon to her. There’s no reason to say shame on him. His job is to report celebrity news. Mischa is news. Her fans will certainly want to know she is sick so they can support her whichever way they choose. They sure would be mad at Jared if he left off news about their favorite.

Leave Jared alone.

You guys are all wrong. If she is being held involuntarily, 95% of the time it means the person was suicidal.

anniefannie @ 07/16/2009 at 7:39 pm

If you don’t Mischa being gossiped about then don’t come here to read the comments. Yes, there are some nasty people out there who will say some terrible, heartless things.

I do wish Mischa the best and hope she gets well soon.

I’ve always liked her. Hopefully she’ll get some TLC and be herself again.

VICTORIA # 1 @ 07/16/2009 at 8:29 pm

AGREE, ” SALLY, ” AND ” RUTH, ” and ” ANNIEFANNIE, “.
I hope Mischa receive’s the help she needs to help her on the road to a full recovery. That would involve her family and a close knit bunch of friends. Since we don’t know what happened, obviously something just went haywire in her brain and mind, and she could no longer cope with pressure’s of life.
She is a pretty young lady, and certainly does NOT look like a woman in her 40′s or 30 ‘s. A slight exaggeration there, don’t you think? We don’t even know if drug’s or alcohol is involved, but whatever the reason, I just hope she recover’s fully and return’s to work happy!

VICTORIA # 1 @ 07/16/2009 at 8:29 pm

AGREE, ” SALLY, ” AND ” RUTH, ” and ” ANNIEFANNIE, “.

VICTORIA # 1 @ 07/16/2009 at 8:29 pm

AGREE, ” SALLY, ” AND ” RUTH, ” and ” ANNIEFANNIE, “.

VICTORIA # 1 @ 07/16/2009 at 8:31 pm

Good Lord, what happend? I only pressed submit once. I apologize!

#34 could be suicide or she had a mental breakdown :(

@Sally:
Well said. get well soon Mischa!!!!

Wasn’t this the same D-Lister that had a conversation about an actor with her family posted over the net in blind comments scoring drugs for info–she needs help.

Kids, don’t do drugs. That’s what happens when you play with your brain.

Poor Mischa. Not really a fan, but I wish her well. Looks as if it has been a long time coming with certain reports about her over the years.

Yikes, she looks terrible.
Clearly she’s got some problems, hopes she gets some help and gets well soon.

To Sally (#23) what exactly is cruel or mean about our statements here….
Hollywood is a very shallow place and if your existence as a starlet is just party going and fashion..in La La land that is a shallow existence. And sadly she is not the first actress or actor to have a mental breakdown ..the culprit is the empty world of showbiz.

its no coincidence that often you read about young stars over indulging in drugs, drinking and there comes a breaking point to that sort of living.

THANK GOD.
i really hope she gets better cause she’s actually a good actress.
and like perfect looking, but she ruined it with drugs.

get well soon Mischa :* I love you.

some people will do anything to get noticed….

I bet Mischa was taking a benzodiazepine like xanax, klonopin, valium, or ativan and is having tolerance withdrawal. These drugs are prescribed like candy when they should not be prescribed for over 2 weeks. People can get physically dependent quickly, some in as little as one week on the drug. This can happen without abusing the drug, it is simply a physiological adaption to the drug. People that take the drug a few times a week often complain of weird symptoms called inter-dose withdrawal, unfortunately if they are on a low dose they may not attribute their symptoms to the drug and even more unfortunate is that many doctors are not astute to the sighs of of drug tolerance from low dose or occasional use. These are really uncomfortable physical symptoms, sometimes it can make you feel like you are going to pass out, dizziness, heart palpitations, severe agitation and other symptoms.

Benzo Withdrawal Symptoms:

Sally #23 – DUMB ASS
If you read my comments you’d see I wished her well. STFU you idiot

@Sally:
Sally #23 – DUMB ASS
If you read my comments you’d see I wished her well. STFU you idiot

Get well soon Mischa ♥

i feel bad for her but bad things happen to party girls

i hope mischa gets better soon stop judging her and wallowing in your misery almost as though youre enjoying her problems . she will get better take a good look at yourselves be kind to everyone take care

she’ gonna be replaced in “a beautiful life” for sure, just wait.