Xavier Samuel: Twilight's Newest Star For 'Eclipse'

Xavier Samuel: Twilight's Newest Star For 'Eclipse'

Australian baby face Xavier Samuel has been cast in Eclipse, the third flick in the Twilight franchise.

“I don’t have any facial hair, so it will be a while before I play the gruff leading man,” Xavier has said. “Maybe one day I’ll get to play my actual age. For now my baby face has condemned me to play the teenager.”

According to THR, Xavier, 25, will play newborn vampire Riley, a good-looking college student who joins the plot of villain Victoria to murder protagonist Bella (Kristen Stewart). Riley is corrupted by Victoria, for whom he has an inexplicable weakness.

Eclipse stars shooting next month in Vancouver.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Twilight‘s latest star — HOT or NOT?

20+ pictures inside of Eclipse hottie Xavier Samuel

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All
Zac_Efron_Maniac @ 07/17/2009 at 12:37 pm

dn`t think so
and i agree with Aliza Tom Felton would be gr8 4 za role

kris23ten @ 07/17/2009 at 1:07 pm

I think he’s adorable!!!!!

did you guys just say he’s NOT hot?
psssh. go look at yourselves in the mirror and come back.
now he looks hotter. :P
bwuahhahahah! i actually quite like him. he’s alot like how i imagined riley while reading eclipse, NOT tom felton who will always be draco for me and definitely NOT channing tatum. he’s got no business in the twilight movies. ;)
good job summit.

He looks a lot younger than his age, which is good for the role of Riley since he isn’t suppose to be that old or anything. He’s cute, and boyish looking — unlike Channing Tatum who looks too old for the part and is too built. Tom Felton looks too old . . . and isn’t appealing looks-wise to a lot of people.

I thought they were going with the guy from Step Up, but he’s cool. Riley’s not in the book for long and he’s not Edward.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED him in “Newcastle”!!
(he’s the guy with black hair)

ashmeitta @ 07/17/2009 at 5:22 pm

well he seems to be fine . but i guess someone who looks even younger would have been better . Riley was way too young after all ?! and this guy is about what ? 25 !

ummm let’s just see if he can play the role well

yeah, riley is such a pivotal character that the guy who plays him has to be SO SPARKLY GORGEOUS.

this actor works terribly well for me. didnt think they’d even make riley so good looking

branflakes18 @ 07/17/2009 at 7:55 pm

Very cute.

#1twilightfan @ 07/17/2009 at 8:15 pm

HE IS NOT GOOD FOR RILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE LOOKS NUTHIN LIKE I IMAGINED HIM!!!!!!! HORRIBLE CAST!

Sassy swan cullen @ 07/18/2009 at 1:18 am

I think he would be great for Riley.

omg hes australian that is seriously awesome.
and hes waaaay hott
cant wait !

Jackson_lover @ 07/18/2009 at 1:48 am

OMG! YAY! MORE AUSSIES!!! Tom Felton would be cool but there is no problem with a HOT AUSSIE! BRING THEM ON!!! WOO!

he is my best friends mums friends son haha
he is really attractive; not that i’ve ever met him.
but i think he is perfect X]

I think he is handsome with a beautiful smile. I think he will be a good Riley. You all have to be open minded to his talents and what he will bring to Eclipse. I find Australians to be quite gorgeous! We cannot forget that Kristen Stewart is half Aussie. And he certainly looks young for his age, but ey if he got it. He got it! I’m very cool with it. Welcome, Xavier. ;)

HOTTIE!

don’t say bad things about him before you see! i think he will be awsome at playing riley!! it should be awsome to see an Austrailian in eclipse. im happy for him(:

Isabella1918 @ 07/19/2009 at 7:48 pm

I think he’ll make a good Riley. I can’t wait to see Seth and Edward rip him apart!!!

Very charming guy with a great personality.
His acting skills are tremendous :)

ann ausssie… :)

kinda hot but i prefer tom felton!

He’s a cutie! Yummy, another accent…well, at least off-camera. I have complete faith in the casting. Just look at the brilliance of the casting of “Twilight”: without them casting unknowns we wouldn’t have Kellan Lutz, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Taylor Lautner, Christian Serratos, Mike Welch, Anna Kendrick, etc.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 » Show All