Jake Gyllenhaal: Prince of Persia's First Official Pic!

Jake Gyllenhaal: Prince of Persia's First Official Pic!

Check out this first official photo of Jake Gyllenhaal playing Prince Dastan in Jerry Bruckheimer‘s epic Prince of Persia: Sands of Time via EW.

“I’m tired of taking myself so seriously,” says the 28-year-old actor “It’s nice when a stuntman turns to you and is like, ‘Actors don’t normally do this.’” (Jake found himself sword-fighting, climbing walls, and jumping off of buildings as part of the prince’s quest to find an enchanted dagger and turn back time.)

Prince of Persia opens in theaters everywhere on May 28, 2010.

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Wow, I hope he takes his shirt off in this movie!!

mickeymouse @ 07/17/2009 at 11:31 am

He certainly does not have that Persian(Iranian) look, the men are georgeous and this guy is far from that.

Just OK.
Sorry Jake!

bearded chin @ 07/17/2009 at 11:43 am

the sooner he gets away from the beard the better

I’m sorry.. but I really can’t see him as Prince of Persia… totally agree wtih stacy that he looks like a major DORK…..someone more rugged would have been awesome…

Wow, he looks great!! Can’t wait to see this movie!!

Fantastic!!! I can’t wait to see this movie!!

totally agree wtih megan fox..

woooow :) he is still gorgeous and even more muscley :D (L)

Sorry. He looks ridiculous.
But this movie has ‘fail’ written all over it.
I predict a big opening (because of all of the game’s fans) then a quick death.
Oh, and Jake, FYI, a LOT of actors do their own stunts. The stuntie was just kissing your @ss.

I don’t know too many dorks with a body like that! LOL! He looks real nice. REAL nice.

I know he can’t help it, but his natural face is just strange looking.It gives him an overall dumb look. He has a great body though. They might have been better off choosing a newbie for this role.

you are right @ 07/17/2009 at 12:21 pm

@no: A lot of men kissed Jake’s @ss

He looks FANTASTIC, man he is hot, not sure about this movie though, sounds lame on paper.

ich persönlich mag jake sehr.vor allen dingen als mensch.privat finde ich seinen bart nicht so toll,aber wenn der film es vorsieht ist es ok.

if they ruin this movie in any way, heads will roll. i mean how long did it take them to make this. please. nice to see stills are coming out after all those behind the scenes stuff on how the movie was made. gosh. can’t wait to see it.

He’s not only a very talented actor. He is so handsome too! Love the pic. Thanks, Jared.

jake gyllenHOLE!

@Sophie: I so agree, Sophie!

Irish Girl @ 07/17/2009 at 1:24 pm

@Sophie: I agree too. Look at those guns.

Jake, really? @ 07/17/2009 at 1:37 pm

Good Jake, because I can’t take you seriously either, not in this sh!tfest.

He’s so miscast in this, it’s not even funny. This movie will bomb.

I agree with stacy& megan fox.

No offense to Jake, but why didn’t they pick an actor who ‘looks’ Persian? I think Oded Fehr from Mummy 1 & 2 would have been awesome in that role. When is Hollywood going to STOP putting white people in ethnic roles? Like Natalie Wood really had a Puerto Rican accent in West Side Story! GIVE ME A BREAK! ENOUGH ALREADY!!

whortensia @ 07/17/2009 at 2:35 pm

Have to wait and see how the movie does and how he does. No point in pretending to know in advance. Some actors do SOME of their own stunts, but I doubt many do all of them. If Radcliffe had done all his he’s be the paraplegic now instead of his stuntman. Actors in general are properties too valuable to risk their doing dangerous stunts. I doubt insurance companies would permit it.

whortensia @ 07/17/2009 at 2:56 pm

@no: Sacana estupido que nao sabe de nada. Ponha o seu dedo direito no seu cu, tire-o e chupa o sabor intensamente. Vai ver como delicioso que e.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All