Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Kelly Clarkson & Miley Cyrus: VH1 Divas

Kelly Clarkson & Miley Cyrus: VH1 Divas

The legendary live concert event VH1 Divas is returning after a four-year hiatus and will feature big voices like Adele, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis and Miley Cyrus.

The VH1 Divas concert will be televised live from the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) Howard Gilman Opera House in Brooklyn, New York. The special will air @ 9PM ET/PT on Thursday, September 17 on VH1.

Producer Lee Rolontz said, “Adele, Kelly, Leona and Miley have all captured the world’s attention with their talent and have earned their designation as VH1 Divas this year. Don’t let some of their young ages fool you – these women are among the best entertainers in the world and will continue to thrill music fans for a long time to come.”

John Parra/Getty

ashleytfan @ 07/21/2009 at 12:01 pm

I love Miley Cyrus :)

16 year old Miley, really?

I’m not trying to be a hater, and I do like her song Climb, but come on!!!

OK, Miley Cyrus is gonna embarass herself. Big voice? I guess if you consider the voice of a 60-year-old smoker a big voice, then yeah, whatever.

Congrats miley you are so awesome forget about all the haters out their.
You will be around girl for many many years to come.

God bless you always and you are always in my prayers. Stay sweet and continue to be awesome.

More like Dive Lites! Decent singers but divas? Nah. This special has gone D List this go round.

YAY MILEY!!!! u rock and u will do amazinggg…kelly clarkson has a great voice too

Amanda Schilb @ 07/21/2009 at 12:25 pm

Why is Taylor Swift not included? She was only the biggest selling artist of last year.

This actually looked good until I saw Miley’s name. I don’t mind her, but she can’t even compare to these other ladies. They all have amazing voices and I think she’ll definitely bring down the show.
Oh and just because Taylor swift sells a lot of albums doesn’t make her a good singer. She would be way more out of place on this show than Miley will.

miley is overrated, she doesnt deserve it

Miley is a DIVA?! LOL, she will do well..

TheRobRedstoneShow. com

Aw, I love Adele, Kelly Clarkson & Leona Lewis!!!!

i’m 19 and i seriously do not know anyone my age who likes/listens/can tolerate miley cyrus. so is vh1 expecting 8 year old girls to watch this? seriously, GET RID of miley.

Putting Miley in the same category as Adele and Leona Lewis is such a joke.

I don’t know which one is cuter!!
That’s going to be a great concert!

I loved the Divas shows. I’m glad it’s returning. I’m surprised they asked Adele since she doesn’t have a lot of name recognition and kind of one hit wonder.

go miley you rock she
is the best ever
btw
they are trying to reach her fans

what they can’ t be serious oh nooo there is christina beyonce rihanna taylor jordin sparks where is this name tihs is kinda like kids show

Ok Leona has a big voice, Kelly has a big voice, and Adele has a soulful big voice ,but MIley!? Really!? I don’t hate Miley at all, but I cannot stand her voice. Its so nasally and annoying .I will watch this, but once Miley hit my screen, I’m turning the channel.

But Miley can’t sing on the same level as those other women. She is so flat and tuneless when she sings.

miley? are you serious? where’s carrie underwood or taylor swift? how about jennifer hudson? miley has no business of being there. there are much more talented female artists out there.

PLS PLS PLS!!
better put CHARICE PEMPENGCO, the girl SIR DAVID FOSTER is managinG and mentored by OPRAH..
SHE IS DIVA WORTHY!

well Leona Lewis is in it so thats good. Leona has the best voice in music right now. just youtube her performances on xfactor and see

Why miley cyrus? she still isn’t up there with these artist she is still a disney artist why are they pushing her to be at the divas show I hope this is not the full list of artist or eles this show wouldn’t get any rattings I’m glad leona is up there and kelly. why not whitney houston, or mariah Carey, rihanna, or carrie underwood

The Miley climb is like listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Are you serious? None of these chicks are divas!!!

The first show had Aretha Franklin and Celine Dion!!! How do you do go from that to Miley Cyrus. This is a FARCE!!!

Pining for Chris @ 07/21/2009 at 2:44 pm

@eva:
Agreed.

@Carly: Umm… I’m 27 and Miley is the only one of these singers that I’ve heard of.
I’m sure she’ll do great like she always does.

@cassie: Rihanna Taylor Jordin?

Taylor swift doesnt have a good voice. Her voice is average. Shes just a relateable teen. Rihanna can’t sing either. Shes an entertainer. Jordin is new and needs to learn how to control her voice.

Christina is missing from this. I’d replace Miley with Demi, its an improvement, although demi still doesnt deserve to be featured. She screams most of the time..

GO ADELE!! :D
I LOVE HER

GO ADELE!! :D
I LOVE HER

LOL. None of them is a diva. That’s Vh-1 Circus Live

GET CHRISTINA AGUILERA ASAP

Tokyokitty69 @ 07/21/2009 at 4:50 pm

IT”S MILEY!!!

IT WAS A FELONY!!

SHE”S NOT A DIVA!!

DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR!!

@roneyii:

You must be from like Taiwan then. If you’re British you’d know who Adele & Leona are and everyone in the US knows who Kelly is.

kelly clarkson & leona YES!!! BUT MILEY CYRUS this is a disgrace!!! I dont give a shat how famous this lil shat is she is know where near a diva this is ridiculous & a disgrace to the VH1 divas UGH!!! All i gotta say is BEYONCE & MARIAH better be there

what an effing joke to have miley on “DIVAS” HA! That’s so ridiculous…I probably will check out the show but I will most definitely take a bathroom break when Miley takes the stage…

Okay seriously… “GAGGGG” “PUKE” -=-dead-=-…. Thats what happens when i hear or even see miley cyrus. :)

Edward Collard @ 07/21/2009 at 5:42 pm

I am sorry, but the word Diva is being grossly misused. Aretha is a diva, Cher is a diva, Madonna is a diva….I could go on. These little ******* haven’t paid their dues yet. In fact, I wouldn’t even call them baby divas. Call me back in 20 or 30 years and lets talk about their body of work then. Until that time, they are just the latest flavor of the month. Don’t get it twisted.

@TR:

I couldn’t agree more. Looks like this special has already jumped the shark. Divas? Please.

miley is the best 1…u go girl

miley is the best 1…

Man I’m sorry but putting Miley Cyrus in the same league as Leona Lewis is like comparing William Hung (She bangs! She bangs!) to Pavarotti: pointless, irrational and kind of offensive.

miley rocks she have a big voice

None of these girls deserve the title of diva….yet. Adele is the ONLY one I can see becoming worthy of such high praise. Miley Cyrus? Come on VH1 she’s hardly hit puberty and she sounds like a chainsmoker (on a good day)…Leona Lewis makes my ears bleed, and Kelly Clarkson’s voice is so pedestrian.

Kristiejo @ 07/21/2009 at 8:04 pm

Yea Miley!!!! Forget about the haters they are just jealous.

I don’t hate Miley, but to say she has a big voice? oh boy, when the other three start singing it will be clear and obvious that her talent is miniscule compared to Leona, Adele, and the almighty Kelly Clarkson..

Ryan Kwiatkowski @ 07/21/2009 at 10:07 pm

Is this a joke…. None of these women are even close to Diva. for one they are all makers of a larger company, aka, disney or something tied to Simon Cowell, hmmmmmm shady. There are so many women out there that could fill these shoes, but this round up is more of a round down.

Plus Miley, come on, who in their right mind thinks she is a diva, maybe an imploding ego but thats about it.

This is the plumpo show, not to be confused with the Diva one.

i really dont think miley deserves this opportunity! the other sings have more powerful voices than miley! and she is sooo over rated right now. all she does is scream and a bunch of gullible kids love it! its horrible and i dont really care if u call me a hater because she cant sing

How are you going to put Miley Cirus wit them 3 Who listen to her really im 15 and NO ONE at my school ever talk about her she should be catagorized wit barney elmo and dora bcause thats who cares about her … little kids

Eurgh!!!! Miley?! Seriously?! Its called divas! Not half-wit tween wannabe! They just degraded the whole nature of the show by having her on the line up! I hope VHS think again.

Its just like when they put her on “Just Stand Up”. I actually feel embarrassed for her. She’ll be drowning in big, powerhouse vocals. I imagine that’ll be quite embarrassing. Her gastly vocals completely ruined “Just Stand Up” live performance. Speaking of live performance, SHE CANNOT SING LIVE!!

Apart from that spoilt brat, the line up looks good. I hope they get, Mariah, Whitney Celion etc to appear. That’ll be just EPIC! :D

butter cream @ 07/22/2009 at 12:58 am

Mylie? Really? She can’t sing worth ****.

Totally love this lineup with Kelly, Adele and Leona. Love all their voices. So they don’t have some of the experience of past Diva shows. Big deal. They all can sing their asses off, and that’s what I care about. Honestly, all three have more vocal talent than Cher, Jessica Simpson and some of the other performers of the past. Definitely more than Madonna — please — who brought up Madonna?! Your credibility’s shot.

Agree with most that Miley doesn’t belong with this group though. It’ll be hard for her to hang with these incredibly talented live singers.

ugh MILEY?seriously MILEY!!!!!gosh 6 year old girls listen to her not 21 year olds -_- ummm u all dont listen to her rite?:O anyways kelly is really cool um who is adelle?diva as in diva or just famous?kelly doesnt seem like a diva! erm…. anyways well yeah im bored

I LOVE KELLY! She is THE BEST! Go girl!

@Amanda Schilb:

Taylor can’t sing live. She sounds bad until they doctor it up.

@Frida:

Have to agree Leona, Kelly, and Adele are in a different league than Miley. The grown up league. Miley will have her day in 5 yrs if she keeps updating her music.

I ADORE Miley Cyrus. I’d loved to hear her sing any day. I’m so happy for her!! What a big event in her life!!!

Well it’s a gd line up right until u get to miley, see miley is only like wat 15/16, c’mon her voice is still changing and stuff n in my point of view she aint that great, but lovin adele and Leona(<dont listen to her much n e mroe but not a bad voice) and especially loving Kelly, she has true vocal talent, but they need to bring in another diva, like celion or beyounce someone like that

I hate Miley Cyrus!!!
She’s a diva??? NO!!!!!!

I think Kelly, Leona and Adele are really good, but Miley can ´t sing. She sould not be a part of this show. And where are Avril, Christina and Pink? This women have fantastic voices, too.

I’m so excited for the show; I don’t want to wait till September 17th! Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Miley Cyrus, and Leona Lewis are all AMAZING SINGERS. Go to divastories.vh1.com and submit a story about how these women inspire you. GO DIVAS!

i was upset about it. but maybe its jsut a way that they can get miley to embaress herself.

she cant sing like celene dion,whitney huston, etc.

she doesnt even come up to kelly, adele, or leona.

she’s going to embaress herself.

sur she can compete with th other sisney kids. but can she really sing with them???

you all seen the cancer thing where she sang with them . she could hardly keep up.

she’s going to fail hard!

@eva:

i freakin love adele!!!!!!!!!!!!!