Penelope Cruz Quits Smoking

Penelope Cruz Quits Smoking

Penelope Cruz has kicked the habit!

“She gave up smoking about five months ago, cold turkey,” an insider close to the actress tells Life & Style. “She just decided one day she wasn’t going to smoke, and just like that, she stopped.”

And it could have been just in time: Penelope was showing a bit of a bump when she and boyfriend Javier Bardem, 40, attended a U2 concert in Paris on July 12.

“She’s definitely looking heavier,” says an eyewitness. “Her boobs are bigger, and her stomach is hanging over her jeans. It could be pregnancy weight.”

good for her and why are people jumping to conclusions!!

It could be a natural weight gain after stopping smoking. Very common.

I can see why celebs hate the paps because of the way you harass them for every pound they gain or lose. If they gain and they’re a woman they must be pregnant. If they lose it’s anorexia.

That’s great for her. But I never knew that she used ti smoke. I know Javier Bardem smokes. Maybe she’ll convince him to stop, too!

¡Felicidades, Penélope! Espero que las buenas intenciones te duren para siempre. Y no vuelvas a fumar, ¿vale?

to*

And @LolaSvelt: You’re so right!

@Max: Well said, thank you!!

Oops, I meant to reply to @Max: Haha.

YAY!!! Way to go Penelope. Now if only Rob Pattinson would stop smoking. I adore him and want him to stay healthy!!!!

Go Penelope…maybe it was the pics of Patrick Swaze, Farrah Fawcett or Christina Applegate’s double masectomy. I hope it sticks. I lost both my parents and other’s I cared about to cancer and there’s nothing sexy or attractive about it and by then it may be too late…

Im sorry, but better to be temporarily a little heavier than skinny from chemo! Come on what’s the insane focus on weight?

She has to be the most beautiful woman in the world, a side from Sophia Loren that is. And good for her for kicking the habit!

While it’s good that she has quit smoking, I think it’s wonderful if she really is pregnant. She and Javier are hot together :D

she said that she gave up smoking as she has to sing in Nine

missnicole @ 07/22/2009 at 1:43 pm

Why are people so concerned with how much other people weigh, I mean really people mind ur own damn business.

that’s great! she stoped killing herself

It would be great if her/Javier are expecting, but its probably just smoking weight. (or not smoking weight, rather).

@jo: I so agree with your comment # 12.

Btw, I think she is gorgeous and a great actress too. She was amazing in “Vicky Cristina Barcelona”.

um no..she was outside the medical building working i work at and she was smoking outside in the patio

christine @ 07/22/2009 at 3:57 pm

hmmm… she quit smoking… was seen heavier with her belly hanging out a little… yep, I think she’s preggo! Leggo my eggo… hah! Get it? EGG.. pregnancy… Alright, that wasn’t funny.

Good for her. She’s gorgeous.

good job penelope
as u can see ur face was already feeling the side effects of smoking =-p
but honestly gl, from what a lot of ex-smokers, it’s hard 2 quit, but imo u shouldnt have started in the 1st place

Good for her if she was able to stop that nasty destructive habit. Super good for her if she is pregnant. Some women just look like they would make great moms and she is definitely one of them. She is so beautiful and the time is right for her to start a family. Best wishes to her and Javier. Hot couple.

I am amazed how many actress and models smoke, most hide it but once and a while the paps get a shot, I wold say that 90% of actresses smoke , I guess the smoke to stay skinny and when they go to parties everyone else smokes, and since most of hollywood are sheep and just do what everyone else does.

wed mother @ 07/23/2009 at 9:02 am

Smoking is just so stupid… taking a noxious leaf, lighting it on fire and sticking it in your mouth… then inhaling the smoke… I mean who in their right minds would do that if it weren’t for the false image of smoking being cool? Smoking kills… but not until you’re older, so young people ignore the danger.

Anyway, if she’s quit smoking, good. If she’s preggers, conga-rats. Most likely she’s just a normal woman who’s tummy pooches out once in awhile.

It’s un natural for women to have absolutely flat bellies.

scruffy puffy @ 07/24/2009 at 2:51 am

SHE LOOKS LIKE A CRACK ADDICT. SHE IS ALSO VERY POOR AT HYGIENE AND HAS TERRIBLE B.O. ISSUES!

pandagreen @ 12/02/2009 at 9:22 pm

@Max:

yup, im glad penelope quit… she’s sexy, i think she used the nicotine elec cigs though

has negative effects like i read above

pandagreen @ 12/02/2009 at 9:22 pm

has negative effects like i read above

yay!!! i love her:) smoking is bad