Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Twilight's Eclipse

Bryce Dallas Howard Joins Twilight's Eclipse

Bryce Dallas Howard will be replacing Rachelle Lefevre as the villain Victoria in the third installment of the Twilight franchise, Eclipse.

Lefevre played the role in the first two pics, Twilight and in the upcoming New Moon. The studio says the switch is due to scheduling conflicts as Lefevre will start shooting the indie drama Barney’s Version opposite Dustin Hoffman at the same time (both films have the same August 17 start date).

WHAT DO YOU THINK of the casting change???

Photos: WENN
Posted to: Bryce Dallas Howard, Rachelle Lefevre, Twilight

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Nooooo! I love Bryce. She’s talented, I don’t know why she has to lower herself like that.

that’s annoying. i think the other movie is probably a really good opportunity but in my opinion, if you signed on to do a series of movies, at least stick around for the whole series. she’s a pretty central part to the resolution of the story, that is all i’m saying.

I agree. That’s annoying.

yes!!!! the old victoria was horrible! and at least this one has red hair, like it says it in the book, unlike the other girl.

Anonymous @ 07/29/2009 at 1:16 am

the casting change sucks. but the other movie looks promising and could uplift her career from tweenie to serious acting but it’s indie so it’ll bomb.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Why do they always change the characters after a while??? Half the reason people go an see the movie is because they LIKE the ORIGINAL cast!!!!! i’m upset..

It’s too bad.. if any of you want to see the first Volturi pic – http://www.crazycritics.com/page/new-moon-pics-the-volturi — Dakota Fanning looks soooo evil!!

i agree with blair

Its STUPID! How can they change a key role in Eclipse!? Fans are gonna notice and Rachelle IS Victoria! I’m sad that she’s leaving but so happy for her too.
Ugh,stupid Summit!

Absolutely annoying. Thats all i can say.

That sucks. Why would she choose to sign for another movie especially when in Eclipse Victoria is the center of the storyline?????

This seriously bums me out. I wish both actresses all the best. But…I don’t like when a series switches up midstream. Upsetting news.

@NIck: That looks creepy good!

ugh please tell me this is a joke! i hate when they switch actors like this. it just throws the movie off because your constantly thinking to yourself, thats not the original character and comparing the two. and eclipse is where victoria has a big part. i liked rachelle as victoria so im annoyed by this

That’s crap! I hate when they switch actors on you! They probably could afford to pay Bryce now so they switched. No offense to Rachelle, but she’s not as well known as Bryce. It is true though that now she IS Victoria! They can suck it!

biting the hand @ 07/29/2009 at 1:35 am

Wow, does she not realize that she would not have this new movie if it were not for the twilight series, dont bite the hand that feeds you rachelle it will come back and bit you in the butt!

YES YES YES, I LOVE LOVE LOVE BRYCE, SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN MY FIRST CHOICE LOVE HER . HER AND THAT AUSSIE GUY WILL BE SO GOOD TOGETHER! SO HAPPY!

i’d like to know why the hell everyone is talking about this Eclipse ish when New Moon hasnt even come out yet?!! this vampire stuff is getting a little out of hand

GET YOUR PRIORITIES RIGHT @ 07/29/2009 at 1:40 am

well she really isn’t the person i thought she was! I wont be going to see her in any movies again, she thinks she got the attention and now she has moved onto bigger things, well your finished in my eyes, bye. Why are people upset with summit, she is the one who knew this was when filming started and she broke her contract to be in another film. She probably thought that because she isn’t in the fourth film that it doesn’t matter that much about being in this one! FAIL, anyway i like this howard girl she has much more victoria hair in my opinion!

Such bullshizzz. I love Rachelle. Sure, Bryce is a good actress, but Rachelle is Victoria. I am sad.

Bryce is beautiful and talented.

Looks like daddy pulled some strings!

THIS IS A BUNCH OF ****! WTF

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I think Summit is shady. It’s a cover up. Rachelle has always been super excited about the Twilight Sega. I don’t believe that she would’ve turned it down! Yes, I know that she didn’t have red hair in Twilight, but Rachelle has FIRE RED hair in New Moon! I love Rachelle… she’s so outgoing, super nice, and friendly… what’s not to love?

Urgh, I hate it when original cast members get replaced!

@blair:

who says Rachelle signed on to do a series. it is very possible, even plausible that she signed to do Twilight only. then when it was a success they sought her out for the rest, only she had signed up to do this other movie already. she could do New Moon but she can’t exactly go to the other boss and demand he change his plans to suit her.

Can we start a petition or something?

I think it is stupid. Bryce is not a good actress. she was bad in all the films she played exept the Slayman two. She killed spiderman 3 and terminator and not twilight which i don’t even really like. the original girl along with robert were the only two good things in the first movie

Laura noddle @ 07/29/2009 at 2:47 am

No offense to Bryce but Twilighters LOVE Rachel. We will miss you Rachel!

Laura noddle @ 07/29/2009 at 2:47 am

No offense to Bryce but Twilighters LOVE Rachel. We will miss you Rachel!

Mrs Taylor Lautner @ 07/29/2009 at 2:59 am

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
rachael was a good Victoria!!
that is a dumb change!!!

plz plz plz dont change Victoria! =[

xox Mrs Lautner =]

@jdub:

You know people probably give a sh*t… because filming for Eclipse begins in 2 weeks so yes it’s unexpected given the time of the recast

@Mrs Taylor Lautner: Hey! I want to be Mrs. Jacob Black :) I agree, it’s too bad they changed actresses. It’s distracting.

rachelle!!! @ 07/29/2009 at 3:16 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Rachelle is perfect for that role

I think the new girl looks like how Victoria was ment to be

god, please no! Rachelle is so gorgeous as Victoria, i don’t wanna see Bryce.

No recast! Rachelle is Victoria.

I am so annoyed and disapppointed they have recast the role of Victoria! Rachelle is perfect for the role and also for continuity reasons…… this is really not good, they are going to ruin the franchise if they are not careful.

Laura, France @ 07/29/2009 at 3:53 am

I love Bryce Dallas Howard but I think it’s too bad to change characters and actors in a movie saga…

She will fit right in because she CAN’T act! She does have a talented father though.

NO WAY IN HELL
WTF are they thinking
schedels can be aranged but cating a new VIC
I DON’T THINK SO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT TAKE THAT OTHER JOB RACHELLE! ASIF YOU CHOOSE SOME OTHER **** MOVIE OVER ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMB!

I think the cast change is stupid, especially because of how fans have already accepted the cast for who they are. Regardless, I do think Bryce is a better actress and she makes a better Victoria because she has that “vampire beauty” so hopefully she won’t let fans down and pull it off!!!!

I hope this isn’t true.I understand that Rachelle Lefevre wants to work with Dustin Hoffman but c’mon ! Eclipse is the biggest movie/book for Victoria, I wouldn’t want to miss it if I already played her in the two first movies. Btw did they hire Bryce Dallas Howard just because she is a redhead? She isn’t a big star but she is still too well known for the role. Use new faces !

Chegs-HUN @ 07/29/2009 at 4:53 am

@NIck:

And Jamie Bower looks fantastic as Caius!!

agree with @jEN… looks like Bryce’s famous director daddy pulled some strings. i don’t like bryce at all, she was horrible in terminator, she’s a bad actress and she’s not pretty. and i don’t like changing characters in a series either… it would have been fine if it was bryce from twilight on… but joining only when it’s become a huge success? come on. i don’t think rachelle chose to do this, bryce prob just wanted it and summit obliged to ron howard.

I HATE when they change the cast like that. They don’t even look that much alike :(

hm, I really liked her as Victoria…

LolaSvelt @ 07/29/2009 at 5:58 am

I think Bryce is a good replacement.

If I was Rachlle I’d be choosing the Twilight saga over ANY role.

She’s going to butcher this role, she cannot act!

babe_luv_ya @ 07/29/2009 at 7:06 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Mary jane @ 07/29/2009 at 7:09 am

I like Bryce, but I think Victoria is a very important role and the fans are going to freak out when they watch Eclipse. I prefer Rachelle.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Isnt that the standard scripted statement when it comes down to the actor wanting more $$$

xo
Rants, Thoughts & Merde

真的不希望换人啊!!!!!
喜欢原班!!!!!!!!

Yuck, not a fan of Bryce. Plus casting changes suck.

XOXO123XOXO @ 07/29/2009 at 8:53 am

I think that it would’ve been smarter for Rachelle to stay with the Twilight series instead of doing a movie that no one is going to watch.

Sorry but the reason why people go to see the twilight films is because of the books. Twilight (the film) was awful and I can’t see New Moon being any better because even though the film’s new director looks like he is really good at what he does, the original twilight cast is horrible and Rachelle is no exception. Bryce however would be a breath of fresh air for the installments of the twilight films because she is really talented and a good actress. So I have to say this change is great.

Bryce is so pretty

Bryce is so pretty

I love Bryce, but Rachelle is already Victoria!

elvina hui @ 07/29/2009 at 9:54 am

oooh, i love this webpage, sooo much news!! anyway the casting choice is bollocks!! however if i had to choose, then rachelle

elvina the *****;)

I hate when they switch actors in the middle of a series. That’s ridiculous.

is not happy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she should’ve stuck around for the whole series!!!!!!!!!!!! SO DISSAPOINTED

this sucks, but I guess shes gotta do what shes gotta do….wish she would have stayed to do eclipse. I only wish her luck on her next movie
:]

WTF? That’s GAY. The third book is when she’s in it the most! Its like her biggest part of the whole Twilight Saga!!
I’m sooo PISSED OFF Right Now!

@wildcats:

I agree with you i am so mad..

@wildcats:

I agree with you i am so mad..

Boo! I really like Rachelle. This is a bad idea, why didn’t they sign her on for the whole series? Maybe Summit should pay attention to things like this instead of caring who in the cast is dating.

Bryce has a very famous director father…they can milk her association of her being his daughter …This was all behind the scenes firing which at least they tried to cover by saying Rachel had a conflict..
Common sense would tell anyone that this huge franchise, everyone wants to be associated with especially now that Twilight became a phenomenon ..one would be completey insane for a lesser known actress to leave this franchise who now!

oh noo .. Rachelle IS Victoria .. that sucks. Mm it does seem like Summit is a bit shady. This is interesting. That’s too bad that she has “scheduling conflicts” though. Ugh.

i agree with Asha.
this is so stupid! why would they replace her? it’s just not the same when in a saga, they change the actor that plays the character. that’s gay. ugh, i am so mad!!!!

groovacious @ 07/29/2009 at 12:16 pm

Why did they have to switch her? I really liked her as a character and an actress and she always seems so excited to do the movie.

Shakirakitten @ 07/29/2009 at 12:23 pm

YESSSSSSSS! Bryce Dallas is a great actress and one of my favorites.

Dallas Howard has nether the looks, or likeability for the part. It seems Rachelle was fired. If not, then I wish her the best.

Bryce is too good to be in this crapping **** of a movie

you dumbfvcks act like the world’s falling apart

Rachel did great..But I love Bryce so I don’t care!

It seems like Bryce only got the role b/c Ron Howard is her dad…nepotism at its best. I guess he’s going to direct Breaking Dawn now? I hope this isn’t true. More on this theory here: http://www.celebsession.com/2009/07/oh-my-hotdamn-twilight-series-producers.html

Who Cares @ 07/29/2009 at 2:02 pm

I wish she would have been in the first two. I love Bryce.

I don’t like it. I was really looking foward 2 seeing her in the 3rd movie. I think she would have done a great job. Now the movie won’t be the same :(

BOOO! you can’t change a major character like that! come on, just bring in rachelle during her scenes. like preferrably the big fight scene between her and edward?! hello! she isnt even in breaking dawn. how lame!

something’s fishy. just on thursday at comic-con, rachelle said she couldn’t wait to film eclipse.

i like bryce as an actress but WHAT THE HELL?!?!?! i want rachelle to play this role!!!!! its not gonna be the same

shortstarrgore @ 07/29/2009 at 7:05 pm

the planning of this movie series is some of the worst i’ve ever seen. idiots. at least they got a better actress.. i guess?

OK, I feel the need to explain this to a few people because I don’t think they understand the circumstances. So, do not blame Rachelle for being replaced, it’s in no way her fault. It was Summit that decided to replace her, because God forbid she take 10 off (in a 3 month period) to be in another film. And the actress they have chosen, in my opinion, doesn’t seem like she can live up to Rachelle. So to put this all in a nut shell, Rachelle, you’re awesome and Summit, you suck ****.

Noooooo! I don’t like it. It screws up everything. :(

Summit sucks.
Rachelle did her best in the Twilight movie and I know she’s really excited about playing Victoria in Eclipse. Besides, she looks wild and beautiful as Victoria does.
Red hair is not a problem at all. She can get them dyed.
Oh no :(.

@Lucas:

actualy she did sign on for all if u remember clearly at comic con for twilight bfore twilight came out, bfore it got big she said that she was looking forward 2 eclipse the most bacuse she has a more central role so shut up!!!

atleast rob-patz (edward) will have more fun kicking her ass as vic since he is pissed about the change 2. kick her ass for both of us rob well all the rachelle fans 2 b and there is a petition on facebook that u can all sign 2 get her bac xoxo rachelle

Actually, Rachel Lefevre does have red hair, and did in the first film as well. it is called “Irish Red” But I completely agree its not the red hair described in the book! I am curious to see how Bryce Dallas Howard fairs as a evil character as most of her films has her playing some sort of “damselesque”. However she is rumored to have some wicked acting talent besides “The Village”, The Lady in the Water” and “Terminator: Salvation”.

as long as the main few doesn’t change im ok, like rob; bella; ashley; elisabeth; peter, taylor … the only cast i want to change is nikki as rosalie … as she doesn’t fit the role at all…

mary cullen @ 12/06/2009 at 10:48 am

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…. whyyyyyyyy????… it’s not possibleeeeeeeeeeeee…. =’(

Rachelle is a the best victoria. I personaly think that Bryce will NOT do a good job protraing her. She has a very nice face… Meaning she look nice and mean and villian like. Rachelle on the other hand as it hands down I think she plays a GREAT Villian. But we will see how it turns out. Might be good you never know. I just don’t like the fat that they replaced her. :(

i dont like the new girl….. why do have to change it?????

Honestly, I think the old Victoria looked more scary and vicous. In Eclipse she’s like all weird. No affence.