TLC Gives 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Update

TLC Gives 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Update

TLC President Eileen O’Neill gave an update on their hit reality series Jon & Kate Plus 8 at the Television Critics Association press tour on Thursday (July 30). Will Jon‘s rumored girlfriends Hailey Glassman or Kate Major be getting any screen time? Maybe!

Here’s what TLC said: “Over the last four years and through 100 episodes, we’ve captured this remarkable family’s entertaining chaos. Viewers fell in love and the show developed a passionate, loyal following. But this past spring – life intervened and the family’s status changed. It was certainly something we never expected nor planned to have happen. But this has resulted in unprecedented television.

“Our approach to the circumstance was simple: to cover the family with great care and thoughtfulness as they dealt with a subject that is all to familiar to many American families today. Jon and Kate [Gosselin] have never said they were perfect which has made them relatable and created an undeniable connection with the viewers.

“We will continue to capture this family’s journey in a respectful and sensitive way. The show comes back on Monday and most new episodes remain a work in progress. But I will tell you, the iconic couch is gone. Jon & Kate will now have separate chairs for their interviews. You’re still going to see two parents that love their kids, but you’ll be seeing them parenting separately.

“You’ll see what it’s like when Kate has to put a tent up for a backyard camping experience by herself. Or, see Jon trying to cook up a pizza for the kids. As far as new people and places that may be cycling into Jon and Kate‘s lives, we are taking it on a case-by-case basis.

“This is real life. It’s important to remember that our cameras are only there for moments in time, and those moments have limits.”

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

Jon & Kate ‘sold their soles’ and these are the consequences!

They are noooo example.

Dog the Bunny hunter @ 07/30/2009 at 5:21 pm

“entertaining chaos”??? I’m sorry I don’t find two parents who are both fame and money hungry pimping their kids out as entertaining?… then continuing to butcher their children’s PRIVATE lives by showcasing their divorce. Unreal how sick some parents and, evidently, television producers, truly are.

Regardless of the drama this family has been through, I’m still going to support by watching the show. Those kids are addictive. The things they say, the funny moments, the sad moments. It’s just a fun show to watch and if people are going to hate because Jon + Kate didn’t exactly end up happily ever after, that’s ridiculous. There are plenty of families out there going through the same thing. Why don’t we just hate on all of them? Give me a break.

I find it rather sad that these parents are choosing money and fame over their childrens needs! Get these idiots off of TV!

Momof2boys @ 07/30/2009 at 5:28 pm

How grossly insensitive to those poor children! My kids loved the show and there is NO WAY that I am going to let them watch these private family matters (although very scripted “moments in time”) and let them think any adult, especially their parents, would think that is okay!

Lillianne @ 07/30/2009 at 5:28 pm

Translation: We are going to continue to squeeze every last dollar out of this family no matter what. The children are too young to give informed consent so they’ll just have to deal with their parents’ exploitation down the road. Hopefully their parents will have some money set aside for therapy.

we want the $..corporate scum

ALL MONEY WHOARES

Sole/soul @ 07/30/2009 at 5:40 pm

@rach: They sold their feet?

Karma is going to get you Jon and Kate.

They’re doing it all “for the kids!” RIGHT!!!! I just don’t get corporate America!!! These people got rich off of their kids, they have no talent except for trying to come across as caring parents , which they definitely are not!!! It is not about the kids anymore, just wondering what fake excuses these two are going to give for doing this show. Amazing how the concept of reality changes!!!!

yeah right @ 07/30/2009 at 5:50 pm

Why dont tlc help someone thats needs it not these money grubing hos.

i don’t know why they still have this show? why those parents agree on that? for money?
that would be so much better for the family just stop filming…
it’s very hard time for them ( i think). it should be private…

What a family show for little kids to star in. And I wouldent let my kids watch this train wreck of a show ill stick to letting my kids watch animal shows.

As much as ya’ll still complaining, the TV networks will not stop because of their high rating. So stop watching the show, then it’ll be ended eventually. Like many other TV shows, it’s got killed.

Sole/soul fan @ 07/30/2009 at 6:02 pm

@Sole/soul: Hilarious

I love when people want to post indignant comments and their points are lost because they forget to check their spelling!

THE GREAT tlc oRACLE HAS SPOKE @ 07/30/2009 at 6:07 pm

Asked to the Media Oracle without pity

You asked:
Is Jon and Kate on the right path?
The Oracle replied:
Although you do not understand this yet, it is all for the best. Trust me.

Ms. Kate everyone is dressed up and your a barefooted rebel.

Well, I have mixed feelings about the whole situation? The kids are use to the cameras so I don’t find that part a big deal. With them being separated it will be a whole new show watching them deal with all the kids on their own which will be very interesting. It’s unfortunate that the kids won’t have their parents with them at the same time but that is what divorce is all about. My parents divorced when I was 6 years old and it was very hard on me. In looking back, I feel that Kate and Jon are doing more family things than was ever done for me. Instead of complaining about them, lets maybe learn from them that the kids do come first. If each had to go out and get “real” jobs, they would not be spending the time that they are with the kids. After my mother put in a full day at work, then taking care of dinner dishes and other chores around the house, she had no time for herself, let alone play with me. In a commercial for the upcoming show, Kate is showing that she is really there to take care of her kids and wants them to adjust and knows that this isn’t their fault and wants to give the kids the most she can give. I think instead of bashing her all the time, we should just see what happens and support her in this difficult situation. Jon on the other hand, I have no idea what he is all about? At this moment, I am not a Jon fan for the way he has handled his private life but if the is there for his kids, we will find that out too.

dontwatch @ 07/30/2009 at 6:26 pm

guys, don’t watch. its the least we can do.

somehow the last sentence seems to be TLC reminding themselves that there should be limits as to when/ where the cameras roll. you guys are only a day late and a dollar short on that one.

=======

So…..watching a family humiliated and destroyed and ripped apart on National TV is “ENTERTAINING?” according to the Evil Eileen O’Neill.

She is a wicked, evil woman and this is beyond disgusting.
I cannot believe anyone would watch this show and those kids.
People say they are “addicted” to the kids.
How pedophelic of you!!!!

People watching other people’s kids on TV are sick – there is a LAW against pedophiles on the internet.
There should be a LAW against watching them on TV.

You people need to look at yourself in the mirror and wonder what sickness it is about you that you are “addicted” to watching little kids on TV, like they are zoo animals.

You are SICK — you do realize that don’t you?

(btw – more proof of what a supreme LIAR O’neill and TLC – the lying channel are. she says she set up a tent in their backyard for a bar-b-que? Nothing they DO is in the backyard on their 1000+ acres — NO! it’s all in their little front yard by the garage — how lovely — for all to see. sickos!!!!)

wowweewhippyforme @ 07/30/2009 at 6:33 pm

what kate needs to do is hook up with that hot-ass new body guard she has. I’d deffinately let him do for me what kevin costner did for whitney houston.

Why dont they just cancel the show. There are much better things to do a reality show on besides a cheating husband and a fame hungry wife

“what kate needs to do is hook up with that hot-ass new body guard she has”
The old black guy or the Puerto Rican?

Thought for sure TLC was gonna do the right thing and cancel the show. With all this drama going on they no longer need the kids, just have the Jon and Kate drama hour.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All