TLC Gives 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Update

TLC Gives 'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Update

TLC President Eileen O’Neill gave an update on their hit reality series Jon & Kate Plus 8 at the Television Critics Association press tour on Thursday (July 30). Will Jon‘s rumored girlfriends Hailey Glassman or Kate Major be getting any screen time? Maybe!

Here’s what TLC said: “Over the last four years and through 100 episodes, we’ve captured this remarkable family’s entertaining chaos. Viewers fell in love and the show developed a passionate, loyal following. But this past spring – life intervened and the family’s status changed. It was certainly something we never expected nor planned to have happen. But this has resulted in unprecedented television.

“Our approach to the circumstance was simple: to cover the family with great care and thoughtfulness as they dealt with a subject that is all to familiar to many American families today. Jon and Kate [Gosselin] have never said they were perfect which has made them relatable and created an undeniable connection with the viewers.

“We will continue to capture this family’s journey in a respectful and sensitive way. The show comes back on Monday and most new episodes remain a work in progress. But I will tell you, the iconic couch is gone. Jon & Kate will now have separate chairs for their interviews. You’re still going to see two parents that love their kids, but you’ll be seeing them parenting separately.

“You’ll see what it’s like when Kate has to put a tent up for a backyard camping experience by herself. Or, see Jon trying to cook up a pizza for the kids. As far as new people and places that may be cycling into Jon and Kate‘s lives, we are taking it on a case-by-case basis.

“This is real life. It’s important to remember that our cameras are only there for moments in time, and those moments have limits.”

• Snooki steps out after giving birth to her second baby- US Weekly
  • Taylor Swift is getting sued by a chauffeur service- TMZ
  • Netflix has added some new films to their collection- Entertainment Weekly
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Bryana Holly knows how to heat up the desert- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All
got a grudge? @ 07/30/2009 at 7:03 pm

Eileen O’Neill is a money grubbing child exploiter like Jon and Kate. The so called Learning Channel has become a joke under her watch.
The recent comments about the children having problems can only come from TLC trying to pump for more ratings, way to exploit these children under the worst conditions. Their parents don’t have a lick of sense either.

Only in America!

I have mixed emotions about the post. As far as hailey glassman or Kate major being on the show … I don’t beleive! Now as I have said I think the show should have stopped and there marriage problems should have been delt with in private. But we don’t know what went on behind closed doors…. So obviously with the result we see now Jon was done. Me myself will wacth the show when it returns. I have followed it for years and in my opinon they both are great parents ! Regardless of the current sutuation. Do I agree with all of there choices? No put they did what they thought was best. Who are we to judge? So I wish the family happiness and can’t wait to see how they live there lives’ now!

What does case by case mean, the parents and their suitcases coming and going from their filming studio/home business? Maybe the exploited children should file a big case against TLC. Hopefully, all the minors who are featured in all these types of reality shows with no legal representation will file lawsuits. Who owns the prison house , TLC or the Gosselin business?

i might watch but i doubt it
ill only watch if one of his hos comes

In all of the tabloids and interviews that I’ve read, not once have I seen the article begin with, “we asked the children what THEY want and they said ………”. Why torture them with this mess!

From your article,

“You’ll see what it’s like when Kate has to put a tent up for a backyard camping experience by herself. Or, see Jon trying to cook up a pizza for the kids. As far as new people and places that may be cycling into Jon and Kate’s lives, we are taking it on a case-by-case basis.”

Since this series seems to be about Jon & Kate now and not the children, why not at least leave the children out of it and let them have a PRIVATE and somewhat normal life. Then see how long the show lasts when it’s about two adults fighting over money and the best you have to offer “for entertainment” are episodes about setting up tents and making pizza. Who cares about this??

Eileen O’Neill, you are trying to justify why it’s okay to use the kids so you and TLC can make gobs of money….and you are so wrong. Do you sleep at night?

TracyPartridge @ 07/30/2009 at 7:26 pm

This Eileen person is a glorified child pimp.
There is a nice place in Hell waiting for her.

Kate’s coming back!!!!!!!! I am so excited I could go wee wee. I hope she has new shoes and they show her shopping. I think she needs a lettle more of a brake though because I know I need a brake from my kids. They dont even live with me and I cant stand them, ha ha, so I know how kate feels but, shes got 8!!!! At least they make her good money.

Hate them @ 07/30/2009 at 7:32 pm

Shame on TLC for letting this show continue. I WILL NOT BE WATCHING. I am all for boycotting this show and the money hungry people including the parents who are exploiting those children. Shame on them.

TracyPartridge @ 07/30/2009 at 7:32 pm

@TM: I agree with EVERYTHING you said.

@Sole/soul fan: Your posting in a celeb blog site and espousing about grammar and spelling…please

@Rhonda: Cancel the show are you kidding? This family and especially those kids have become lucrative cash cows and alot of people’s paycheques and mortgage payments depend on them now…welcome to fame and the BUSINESS of entertainment.

feminator @ 07/30/2009 at 7:47 pm

Is he a tranny?

I wonder how Jon and Kate would feel if they lived in California (which Im sure Kate will one day for her new career) and another smart judge appointed an independent trustee to protect those kids earnings from thier parents….wonder if Jon would still buy Prada shoes?

Fame whores @ 07/30/2009 at 7:59 pm

ugly family do they eat dogs I’m sure the chinee man does.

don't buy into the hype @ 07/30/2009 at 8:19 pm

Sounds to me like it’s time to boycott the sponsors of this travesty. You know, the ones who pay TLC thousands of dollars to advertise their product on the show either through direct product placement (e.g. Juicy Juice, Coleman Camping Equipment) or commercials.

Not sure where to get a list of the sponsors and advertisers. Anyone know?

lol@ TLC; way to exploit the kids even further. “life intervened?” What were they living before a fantasy world existence? No. They just were deceiving the public; they were AND TLC. No one with any sense ever thought this was REALITY, but they did think Jon and Kate had integrity to some extent, but no one has that illusion any more. They were deceiving people for at least the past 2 years; those church going, upright Gosslins with their fake renewal of vows.
They won’t cancel the show because they’re making money off of it. MONEY is the driving force for TLC and Kate and Jon have a contract signed and delivered. They have to fulfill the contract of suffer untold legal problems. They have enough problems without that.

I agree that the show should be cancelled. It is not really even about the kids anymore, and I do not want it to turn into the Jon and Kate dating show. Kate think she will be” cheating “the viewers because they are fascinated by the kids and will be disappointed not to see the show . The kids are barely focused on anymore; it is gonna be more about Jon and his new chopper or Kate picnicking in the driveway on the white plastic chairs in her bikini. I already heard the first episode shows her in North Carolina and Jon remodeling “their kitchen”. None of it is real anymore, and why did they both get fancy condos out-of state? I agree with someone who said they should just keep their old house, and alternate time there, so that the kids would have enough space to stay if they ever visit. The nannies will end up taking care of the children because it already seems like Jon is disconnected when it is “his” time by talking incessantly on his phone and talking to the paparazzi at the front gates, as well as running errands alone in his sports car. And the pictures of Kate running errands alone with her Starbucks cup and her fancy SUV means that the kids are in the care of nannies a good deal of the time. Yeah they take them to the doctor or whatever, but they make sure the photographers catch them doing those errands being “good parents”. And why do they need so much help when they are alternating care of the kids? Seems like they could handle it alone. The kids are not babies anymore. If I were them, I would rather have complete privacy with my kids. But they are selfish and money-hungry, and I wish TLC would cancel the show.

christine @ 07/30/2009 at 9:20 pm

JON LOVES HIS KIDS! Jon just wants happiness…
He suffered enuf under Kate. First he gets verbal abuse from Kate for being a decent guy and then he gets hell from female bloggers. He doesnt deserve it. He’s a good person.

Will TLC also show the hired help that actually take care of the kids and do the work while Jon and Kate are living their separate lives. Do any of these people have any compassion for what these children are going through. The only time Jon and Kate give them any attention is when the cameras are there.
TLC YOU ARE ALL MORONS.

HOPE FOR 8 @ 07/30/2009 at 9:42 pm

How much is TLC paying Jon and Kate for pimping their children.
TLC- PROFIT
JON & KATE-PROFIT
8 LITTLE CHILDREN- PIMPED

TLC should be finished filming. If Kate put up a tent herself, that is good for about 29 episodes, the remaining episodes could be filled with taking out the garbage, sitting on plastic chairs and learning how to turn on the grill. And Jon could be used as filler, lighting up cigarettes, scratching his big belly and wearing Kate’s clothing.

Jon has put some weight on.

Sick. And not in the “good” slang way. Shame on you TLC