Stephen Moyer & Robert Pattinson Cover EW

Stephen Moyer & Robert Pattinson Cover EW

True Blood‘s Stephen Moyer and Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson take the latest cover of Entertainment Weekly, which ranks the 20 greatest vampires in its latest issue. Check it out now:

1. Lestat, Interview With the Vampire
15. Miriam Blaylock and Sarah Roberts, 1983’s The Hunger
16. Blade, the Blade trilogy
17. Eli, 2008’s Let the Right One In
18. Countess Bathory, 1971’s Daughters of Darkness
19. Selene, the Underworld trilogy
20. Caleb and Mae, 1987’s Near Dark

DO YOU AGREE with EW‘s list of bloodsuckers???

You can check out a gallery of the 27 hottest TV/movie vampires at EW.com.

Bigger cover pic inside…

stephen moyer robert pattinson entertainment weekly 01

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

a list that doesn’t begin and end with Quentin Collins isn’t a vampire list…….can’t wait for the Tim Burton version of Dark Shadows!

No. Bill & Eric, along with Angel, and SPIKE, for the love of God, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than Edward Cullen

true blood @ 07/31/2009 at 1:35 pm

Nice to see Stephen but I wish they’d put Alex on the cover.

c’mon Jean-Claude should have came up #2, at least way before Edward.

Ummm, all the others below Edward Cullen should be ABOVE him.

really? edward should be waaay further down on that list and I’m apalled that brad pitt’s louis isn’t even on there. gary oldman’s dracula and pattinson’s edward should most definitely swap places and spike sure as hell need a plave on it as well!!

Where is Gerard Butler in Dracula 2000, by Wes Craven? And Brad Pitt????

Why is Edward Cullen even on this list? He looked constipated throughout that whole craptacular movie.

Double Dragon @ 07/31/2009 at 1:49 pm

I love Twilight. The other books are just okay. Twilight was my favorite :)

Where’s Spike?

Where’s Spike?

edward cullen shouldnt even be on that list.. he is a overrated vampire.

Double Dragon @ 07/31/2009 at 1:52 pm

@dee: That is suppose to be angst I think. LOL!

UGH! why isn’t ERIC NORTHMAN (alexander skarsgard) on the COVER?!

I agree:) Lestat rules!:[ :D

George Hamilton – Love at First Bite!

Edward Cullen should be #1.

Lestat is def the best, hands down. I love Anne Rice’s series.

Brad Pitt ., Interview with a vampire?

Lestat is #1 forever ♥

Where is Spike? Spike should be like number 2 at least.

Cullen is my favourite.

Where is Gerard Butler in Dracula 2000? He is the sexiest bloodsucker ever.

alexkziel @ 07/31/2009 at 2:31 pm

Lestat is the in right place.

Lestat number 1? Oh come off it. Cruise was horrible as Lestat. Pitt was far better as Louis de Pointe du Lac.
And where is Alex O’Loughlin as Mick St. John on CBS’s Moonlight. What a stupid decision to cancel that show! He was HOT.

Jean-Claude should be higher.
Sorry, sparkly boy, Jean-Claude’s a real vampire.
Can’t wait for the Anita Blake TV movie!

Wow, so many great vampire roles to choose from. I think the vampire from SALEM’S LOT was just about the meanest mama-jama I’ve ever seen on screen and then there is Lestat who was pretty heartless and vicious. But, each of the others, in their own way and the story lines they are in, are quite good. Gary Oldman was superb in DRACULA and Steve Moyer is terrific in his portrayal of Bill in the TRUE BLOOD series. And, Rob Pattesen is really good in his role as Edward Cullen — they are all different and I really like all of them. I was really frigtened by the vampire in SALEM’S LOT and found the story very frigtening in general — good scarey stuff.

MMmmm……Angel. (:

Are you kidding me?! Why is Edward even on the list while Brad Pitt’s Louis isn’t? And for God Sake he’s 4th when Gary Oldman’s Dracula is 10th?! That suck! He is barely a vampire, vampires don’t sparkle!

i dont understand why edward cullen isnt number 1? and also the ppl who are dissing him probably havent even read the books and dont understand how perfect he is geesh!

buffylover @ 07/31/2009 at 2:52 pm

No Spike, Angel?!?! Buffy was the best vampire show ever!

@tidbit: i literally cried when I found out Moonlight was cancelled, oh I love that Australian man!

LOVE TWILIGHT!

But Edward should not be that high up im sorry
Spike should be atleast in the top 10 or atleast before Angel
Angel was a punk who was either crying about everything or killing people
Spike atleast had a personality

Love that Selene and the Blue Blood series is on here
But where is Brad Pitts Louis?

yea this list sucks

SPIKE
SPIKE
SPIKE
SPIKE
SPIKE!!!!
Frikin William the Bloody man!

mollination @ 07/31/2009 at 3:01 pm

In what world does lost boys and true blood rank below twilight? I should make a twilight zone joke right now….

so many edward haters — he should be numero uno!

No vampire from Twilight should even be on this list. They don’t have fangs and they sparkle for crying out loud!!!

Um, guys, are we forgetting Paul Reubens’ extended death scene during the credits of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie, obviously)? Genius set to film.

LOL at people butthurt about Edward being on the list. Get over it.

Frank Langella on broadway in Dracula?

A list that begins and ends with Quentin Collins would definitely not be a vampire list. Were you thinking of Barnabas?

brush yo teefs! @ 07/31/2009 at 3:22 pm

WHERE THE JOHN IS COUNT CHOCULA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Kitty @ 07/31/2009 at 3:23 pm

@brush yo teefs!: CUTE real cute :P

Bad Kitty @ 07/31/2009 at 3:24 pm

@brush yo teefs!: Tell count chocula I want to make out with him because he probably taste like melted chocolate :)

Or Count from Sesame Street? ONE! Ah ah ah! TWO! Ah ah ah!

Just because Meyer wrote her vampires differently (shiny in the sun, no fangs) should not discredit them as characters. That’s just plain silly.

Don’t understand all the Twilight/Rob Pattinson hate. She wrote interesting characters and Rob was terrific as Edward.

Hello? SPIKE? He’s not even on the list and that wussy Edward Cullen is? And above Angel? For shame, EW.

They forgot Alex O’Loughlin and Moonlight so soon?? And not ANGEL and SPIKE…………..COME ON!! Lestat may have been the best book but not Cruise……So many Vamps to choose and so little Blood.

Edward Cullen is my No 1

OK totally agree on the Spike front. That was an extreme oversight! But what about Frank Langella from the 1979 Dracula. This was the first Dracula I ever saw and probably one of the first movies to highly romanticize Dracula. And how can anyone forget Nicholas Cage in Vampires Kiss. Even as a pretend vamp he’s certainly miles above at least half this list especially that ridiculous Cullen boy. Sparkles? Please.
Oh and I don’t think Lestat refers to Tom Cruise’s Lestat, but refers instead to the character from the book … at least I hope!

Reality Bites @ 07/31/2009 at 3:45 pm

This list is close to perfect..

Only Edward the My Little Pony Vampire should be lower on the list. I swear Meyer is one step shy of it creating vanilla watered down vampires for Jesus.

If you are a vampire you have lost your soul..you are choosing evil or you have been converted against your will to evil. Even a vampire who chose not to drink human blood and is trying to lead good life.. still damned for eternity. Still evil.

Louis or Claudia should be here. In fact..just about every vampire from Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicle series should be on the list. Now those are vampires!!

Someone said George Hamilton and LOL!! Love that man.. Zorro the Gay Blade is one of the best bad movies of ALL TIME!!!

Eric Northman would kick Edward Cullens ass

Edward Cullen, Twilight should be at least top 3 but he’s #4, close enough I guess. Edward , you will always be #1 in my book. =)

The Hunger’s Miriam Blaylock as portrayed by the incomparable Catherine Deneuve is the most gorgeous vampire – be it male or female – ever! She needs to be in the top 5 of the list.

The film’s opening sequence/montage is vampire fan’s wet dream: Miriam and her husband (David Bowie) hunting/seducing they’re next victims while Bauhaus’ “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” plays in the background. Unreal.

The book “The Hunger” is also very good, actually IMHO better the the film .

This list is DISGUSTING!! How dare they put that fruity little glittering, volvo-driving, so-called vampire so far up on the list! Are you kidding me?! EW just lost some more credibility!

Edward defo should be no. 1 regardless if u agree or not its because of this character that we have now become so obsessed with the whole vampire theme!! Also think david…..the lost boys should be higher ranked, lurvvvv that film!!

@Chris:

LOL soooo true , this list is baloney

Sardonicus @ 07/31/2009 at 4:10 pm

Max Schrek as Nosferatu, or Malkovich’s recreation.

luvedwardmore @ 07/31/2009 at 4:23 pm

Edward Cullen has and always will be the sexiest vampire. He should have been number one.

SPIKE? oh come oon!

It;s obvious this list loses all credibility, because the general consesus does not agree! Did EW even attempt to conduct a popular poll? Apparently not. Oh well… I have my own favorie choice on who should have been on the cover and who should have been added or deleted. All in all, I DISAGREE with this list. Simple.

No Vamps from Buffy invalidates this list. Edward Cullen is the bigges wuss vampire ever.

Jean-Claude should be so much higher!

Spike should totally be in this list !!

i’d believe this list IF SPIKE was included. tsk tsk. the big bad. :)))

that is the worst vampire list ever, epic fail

A. Where the hell is Spike? He should be in the top 5 AT LEAST.
B. Edward Cullen shouldn’t even be on the list.

wtf… edward cullen is no where near the top vampires. a vampire who doesn’t drink human blood?

I agree with number one, lestast is a TRUE vampire, really well armed and with a complex history
but edward from twilight in the number 4 seems a mockery in this list , and is due to media exaggeration, I hope that the time will eventually give him the place that it deserves of the worst vampire in history

somwerbtwnblungrn @ 07/31/2009 at 5:15 pm

I believe this is for the fan girls all over(specifically #1 & #4), but what the heck – no vamps from the underworld universe, Selene could kick ass, also Bill Nighy’s Viktor. Plus the devilishness that is Claudia in Interview. Was this list made by screaming high schoolers (for #4) – or people who can’t let go of thier high school life (#1)

EW for this one I say boooo

Look more like a promotional list than a real bad ass vampires list to me.

LolaSvelt @ 07/31/2009 at 5:19 pm

Lestat? You’ve got to be kidding me? Edward Cullen?! I bet the fangirls are crying. “HE SHUD BE NUMBER WUN!”

While I like Interview With the Vampire, no way should Lestat be on the top! I like the Dracula, Angel, True Blood and Let the Right One In entries, though.

Brad Pitt IWTV?

Spike and Angel? Where are they…WTF?

WizardBoy @ 07/31/2009 at 5:35 pm

Wait until “The Strain” becomes a movie. If you like vampires, the new book THE STRAIN had me gnawing my knuckles!

Bill and Eric should be above Edward Cullen. If for no other reason, the fact that Edward has no fangs. And he sparkles, for crying out loud.

@chloe:

Umm I think you got it backward!…

I love that Edward (Rob) is listed above that Stephen Moyer creep. That’s what you get ol Stephen for dissing Robert that time!

yeah they totally forget SPIKE. What a shame. I don’t even like Bill from true blood. He doesn’t have anything of a vampire -.- I don’t like him. At all.

Bill should have the cover to himself!

Why do people who hate Twilight look at an article that has Robert Pattinson in it?

Just so they can say how stupid it is? GET A LIFE!!!

If you don’t like it, then you don’t have to look at it!

I can’t wait for the triangle to heat up!
let us know what ya think Truebloodnet.com

If this list doesn’t have Barnabus Collins, but it has Edward, then it’s already got holes in it.

Cruise was PERFECTION as Lestat, well deserved number 1!

Tashaphelpsbasically @ 07/31/2009 at 6:53 pm

NONONONONO!

HOW DID EDWARD FREAKING CULLEN BEAT BILL & ERIC.

What has the world come to…

maybe edward cullen is too far up the list but i’m just glad to see lestat is numero uno…lestat is amazing! and I hate tom cruise!! :)

Frank Langela, the hottest Dracula ever!

I love the Bill Compton/Stephen Moyer cover! Who is that other guy? ;)

I think Angel(us)/Spike should’ve shared a spot, as should Drusilla/Darla. The female vamps were often scarier than the male vamps in that show.

Kyle Michel Sullivan @ 07/31/2009 at 7:48 pm

This list could not be more worthless or shallow or low-rent-pop. No Severen? No Barnabas Collins? No Louis Jourdan’s “Dracula?” Absurd.

Am I the only person who thinks David from Lost Boys should be No. 1? Haha … I must at least be the only girl my age who thinks that a young Kiefer Sutherland is far, far hotter than Rob “This is My Impersonation of a Block of Wood” Pattinson …

tinamarie @ 07/31/2009 at 7:57 pm

Ok I like Twilight just as much as the next person but come on Edward Cullen as a vampire doesn’t even come close to some of these vampires. Who makes these list? Any list that doesn’t have Spike on it is just not worth much. He was a great vampire. It should have been Spike, Angel, Mick StJohn, Lestat and Brad Pitts vamp from that movie..What a joke..

Please… The Edward Cullen-psycho fans need to wake up to the time BEFORE Twilight! Other than Dracula, there was no pop culture vampires. Put it to you all the Twilight twits this way, if it wasn’t for Lestat de Lioncourt there WOULDN’T be Edward Cullen! So get your noses out of the book series which was clearly written for the tween and teen demographic and try reading an actual intelligent book series like The Vampire Chronicles. And by the way… NO SELF-RESPECTING VAMPIRE GLITTERS!!

I think that Edward Cullen should have Been number 1

@jANE: And I totally forgot Drucilla! she delightfully demented.

@jANE: And I totally forgot Drucilla! She was delightfully demented.

Most ppl commenting here are REAL VAMPIRE fans, and we know that a vampire that sparkles and does not have fangs is NOT a vampire!!

ldazzled18 @ 07/31/2009 at 9:24 pm

@kate:

Quentin Collins was, at times, a werewolf in Dark Shadows. Barnabas was the vampire.

where’s spike?? most buffy/angel fans loved spike more than angel, even. oh, and no Louis?? Brad Pitt people.

Does the article say Tom Cruise’s lestat or stuart townsend’s??

pigtooter @ 07/31/2009 at 9:58 pm

hello,

chris sarandon in fright night…soooo sexy

Every single member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood from the series by J.R, Ward should top that list.

And where is Salma Hayek as Satanico Pandemonium in From Dusk Till Dawn? Because THAT is the sexiest vampire ever!

@Az: I liked the earlier books in the series but they are sooooo racy ;)

@WizardBoy: I will check it out. I love scifi and paranormals….especially the really good ones.

uhh…what the hell is up with Stephen’s hair ? Looks like he’s sporting a bad 80′s p0rn wig.

Lestat is and always should be #1. And I’m sorry but Edward Cullen shouldn’t be on this list, he’s more for the 12 year old girls and teeny bopper’s bedroom walls. Aslo, it’s annoying that the only reason Edward is on the cover is just so the magazine gets more sales. Yawn.

This list is utterly bogus without Willem Dafoe from “Shadow of the Vampire”.

lestat de lioncourt @ 07/31/2009 at 11:23 pm

Edward Cullen kiss my ass.

i n f a m o u s l y c o o l @ 07/31/2009 at 11:54 pm

edward cullen isn’t a vampire, he’s a sparkling hōmo bish boy. tom cruise is #1, so suck it and die slow biiishes. hahahahaha..

well this list failed. come on EW either just put edward on the cover and sell a sh*t load of mags to angst ridden pre-teens and teens or make a real list and pay homage to the great actors who portrayed the vampires who honestly fascinated us.

SERIOUSLY?! BILLY WIRTH FROM “LOST BOYS” IS STILL THE HOTTEST, MOST UNFORGETTABLE VAMPIRE! HE’S THE ONE YOU WATCH LURKING BEHIND KIEFER SUTHERLAND!!

A TRUE vampire list would have included William Marshall’s Blacula!

It has hits and misses like all lists. I hate that Louis is not in the it. Stephen Moyer shouldn’t be on the cover of anything. Alexander’s Eric is the pretty one and the better vamp on that show

Damn, where’s Claudia? And Louis? And did I really read that “because of this character [edward] that we have now become so obsessed with the whole vampire theme”???? OH PLEASE! WE? Because of him -YOU- become obsessed with SPARKLING ridiculous beings, NOT VAMPIRES. Quite diferent. It seems that most people here are vampire’s fans for a long time before that. And yes, I’ve read twilight. It doesn’t deserve all the yelling. I mean, it’s cute, and that’s all about it. Not well written. Not any complex character at all. Just… Regular romance. The vampire thing looks like a… Stupid joke that got people patheticly freaking out around. (I’m sorry for my possible grammar mistakes, my english… suckz. :) )

mmm… Kyle Schmid aka vampire Henry Fitzroy is not on the list!!
is not fair, i love him and Blood Ties :(

kissess

Maku!

@BUNNY:

and so little Brad.
Yeah, Cruise ruined Lestat for me. And the twinkly vampires are the greatest ever? Come on. Vampires are supposed to be sexy, sexy men or women.

I’m pleased with Lestat being number one. To echo some of your comments, this so called “vampire” Edward Cullen should not be in the list. If at all, he should be dead last. I’m pleased with the spot Eric Northman is at. However I would have loved to see Laurell K. Hamilton’s Jean-Claude to be higher in the list and they should have included Asher, of the same Anita Blake series!!!

cowlicker @ 08/01/2009 at 3:49 am

Switch Blade and Sparkles around and I’ll be fine with it.

Where the bloody ‘ell is Alex O’Loughlin? He’s sexier than any of them as Mick St. John in Moonlight. Come on!

Joanna Gilby @ 08/01/2009 at 5:22 am

Er, where’s Deacon Frost from Blade? He was a sexy vampire, well fancy him. I don’t understand why Robert Pattinson is so high up, yeah he was alright in Twilight but I’m not a keen fan of the man himself. Stephen Moyer is better looking and should be a little higher up though my sister wouldn’t mind having both of them on the list. Also where the hell is Gerard Butler’s verison of Dracula? Gosh, they really missed some really good ones. Where are all the Buffy vampires, did they die out or something?

remove edward cullen, since vampires HAVE FANGS, which the twilight “vampires” do not.

dude, friggin BloodRayne is a better vampire than Cullen…and that movie sucked (haha…) worse than Twilight…and that’s only because Uwe Boll directed BloodRayne.

AND SPEAKING OF THE SUCK JOKE, WHERE IS JESSICA HAMBLY?!

adriannelibra @ 08/01/2009 at 7:00 am

Lestat rules

Still alert @ 08/01/2009 at 8:35 am

@kate: Quentin Collins was never a vampire on Dark Shadows. He was a werewolf (and for a little while, a zombie) but never a vampire. Barnabas Collins was the vampire.

angelicfruitcake @ 08/01/2009 at 9:04 am

@dee: it’s not about the movie, it’s about the book.

Seriously, if this list is based on “all time” popularity then Edward Cullen where he is on the list coz the character’sfame has skyrocketed(the wonders of teen-marketing). I am not a twi-hard but I do love the books. Edward Cullen is as egotistical as Lestat, I think, except he is more concerned with “not being a monster” like Louis (Interview with a Vamp). SM should finish his book.

How could you not even put Angel or Spike from Buffy..before this twilight craze Buffy was the true vampire show. what a shame EW I always Follow you and your reviews and opinions this is so disappointing and mainstream. You forgot one of the best shows.

Tristanya @ 08/01/2009 at 9:53 am

It’s the movies before TV…ie, Lestat and Edward before Bill and Eric, They went straight to the big screen, people!

Ummmm, what about Keifer Sutherland in Lost Boys? This is a pretty wimpy list. I am pretty sure he would have eaten that sparkly vampire’s face off. Or headbutted him.

Reality Bites @ 08/01/2009 at 10:45 am

How in the world can you compare Lestat and Edward? Lestat would lay waste to the entire Cullen family in minutes. Torture and kill Bella over a week for the pure joy of it..all while looking like a sweet choir boy (the book Lestat not TC’s version). Then he’d let Claudia lure some people into the woods.

And in my opinion Let the Right One In was the best vampire movie I have seen in 10 years. Unbelievably amazing and perfect in every way (well except for maybe the CGI cat attack). I am horrified they are going to remake it for lazy people unable to read subtitles. You cannot capture lightening in a bottle twice. AARgh!!

1. Eli, 2008’s Let the Right One In
2. Lestat, Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles
3. Claudia, Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles
4. Louis, Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles
5. David, 1987’s The Lost Boys
6. Miriam Blaylock and Sarah Roberts, 1983’s The Hunger
7. Selene, the Underworld trilogy
8. Caleb and Mae, 1987’s Near Dark
9. Mr. Barlow, Salem’s Lot
10. Christopher Lee’s Dracula

wth why isn’t richard roxborough from van helsing on this list? i’m sorry but he’s waaaaaaayyy hotter than stephen moyer as bill

OMG I didn’t know Twilight vamps didn’t have fangs. That’s pathetic! Edward shouldn’t be on the list. Vamps should be dark, complex and sexy. I agree with whoever said that vamps shouldn’t dazzle.

@coleen:

You took the words right out of my mouth!! Gary Oldman was utterly amazing. And I also think the David from the Lost Boys should have been higher . Thank goodness that at least Lestat was where he belongs!

no vampire ever caused as much love and interest for vampires as Edward Cullen. You people are crazy for knocking him. He was the lead in the most successful vampire movie and book series of all time. Drop dead groin quivering unabashed hawtness easily puts him inthe 1 spot. He did not look constipated that is your mom.

A top-vampire list and no Spike ?!?!
FAIL!

Twilight has not produced a serious vampire. They are teenie poppers that shine like diamonds… maybelline vampires. Hats off for the other candidates though.

Um, where is SPIKE?! That’s the greatest vampire ever! Lestat is so damn overrated!

BloodTiesfan @ 08/01/2009 at 5:19 pm

Blood Ties – Henry, Duke of Richmond :D

Hmmm, no Max Schrek in “Nosferatu”? And Klaus Kinski was also “Nosferatu, the Vampire” not “Dracula.”

Edward Cullen #4? I desagree, #21 maybe

Edward Cullen #4? I completly desagree, its not vampire, just good seller

No SPIKE From Buffy/Angel?!

This list can’t be right… ¬¬

austintable @ 08/01/2009 at 7:30 pm

Lestat I agree with. But where the hell is Max Shrek who played the Count in NOSFERATU!? It is THE original vampire movie, and he was hands down the ultimate vampire of the silver screen.

@annestan:a person who obviously did not read the books. Completely false statement

@Alx: I disagree with you being born but it is still a reality

No Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows? Surely a vampire that was on television from 1966 to 1971 and starred in an MGM movie (House of Dark Shadows) is worth some merit. I’m glad Johnny Depp and Tim Burton haven’t forgotten him, as well as all the devoted fans going to the Dark Shadows Festival in two weeks!!

as long as lestat is number one, who cares about the rest…..but i am surprised that none of the other anne rice vampires were on there. some of them are quite memorable, especially louis.

Where are the Buffy vampires – Angel, Spike, at the very least? And where is Brad Pitt as Louis?! Edward Cullen is all very nice, but he should not be #4…

lost boys!!! i have dreams with david in them. hahaha

There’s a serious lack of Anne Rice vampires. And Carmilla should be there, too.

talktwilightsaga.com/

talktwilightsaga.com/forum

Umm, isn’t it about the vampires, not the actors who played them??

And some people are complaining about some names not being on the list that are on the list.

Edward Cullen, from the Twilight Series, is the best vampire of all times. He really makes vampires look sexy.I loved “Interview with a Vampire” and watched Christopher Lee in Dracula and “True Blood”, but nobody does it it better. I want something different, I want Edward!!! ;)

Mind Over Matter @ 08/03/2009 at 12:04 am

of ccourse I disagree with the list
Twilight , Edward Cullen will be in the TOP

I never fell in love a vampire
Except with E.C

Hate True Blood I Know Edward Should Have Been Number 1

Fried green tomato @ 08/03/2009 at 5:59 am

I may be dating myself with this one, but where is Chris Sarandon in Fright Night? I mean sure, the movie is cheesy, but he was a darn good vamp…and hot too.

Frank Langella’s Dracula should be on this list.

Greatest vampire is a little vague. If we’re talking hottest vampire, than Edward Cullen is definitely #1 and Angel is #2, in my opinion of course. If we’re talking coolest action vampire, than yeah, Twilight isn’t really about that type of vampire…it’s just a love story that happens to have friendly (and gorgeous) vampires in it lol. But do you people honestly think that they could run an article like this and not include Edward Cullen in it? If so, you either live in a shoe or you’re just crazy.

This list sucks on so many levels! And Edward Cullen is not even a vampire! I’m all for playing around with the mythology, not destroying it completely!

I LOVE BILL AND ERIC AND EDWARD BUT I’M SURPRISED THAT THE VAMPS FROM UNDERWORLD NEVER MADE THE LIST? AS MUCH AS I ADORE ROB PATTINSON AND HIS CHARACTER EDWARD……UNTIL I ACTUALLY SEE HIM BITE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING…THEN HE CAN’T COME BEFORE BILL AND ERIC FROM TRUEBLOOD….CALL ME OLDSCHOOL BUT VAMPIRES BITE PEOPLE..SIMPLE AS THAT.

“True Blood’s Stephen Moyer”

2 things wrong:
(1) “Stephenie Meyer” is the correct spelling of her name.
(2) She did not do “True Blood” but rather Twilight, New Moon, etc. True Blood is a television show.

Stephen Moyer is A UGLY DOG!!! I watch true blood and think he is UGLY!!! I thought vampires where suppose to look sexy but man he need to go back inot the grave and stay there!!

Edward Cullen is the only vampire that rocks everybody’s world!!! No if’s and but’s about it. Isn’t it obvious that Vampire’s are relevant again? Get real Entertainment Magazine!

all ya’ll who think edward cullen shouldnt be on da list r stupid. he should be da first one on it!!!!!!:}

Edwardisdaman @ 08/05/2009 at 7:13 pm

Awwww Yeah!
Screw True Blood!!
Edward is DA man~
He kicked them LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Edward Cullen should be 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLA SOS RRE LINDO CHAU

unforgivable omissions: Max Schreck, Frank Langella, Jonathan Frid, Willem Dafoe,Gerard Butler and Chris Sarandon.

even more unforgivable ordinal placement: Bela Lugosi should be FIRST, darn it all. Then Chris Lee. Lugosi owns the role of Dracula, and no one can make me see that differently. ever.

also, I am second to none in my admiration of Twilight and RPattz, but Mr. Cullen was way too high on your list. To my thinking, Eddie’s just too new to rate such an exalted position. he’s too young and he hasn’t yet, you should excuse the expression, cut his teeth. in time, perhaps, in time…..

FORKSBITES @ 08/08/2009 at 12:31 pm

Edward SHOULD be on the list… and Brad Pitt as well…. I’m glad that Edward IS on the list… He’s the best of the best… And then it’s Lestat…TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY….!

Pretty good, but much as I love Edward, he definitely isn’t an awesome enough vampire. Though I think we’re missing Mitchell from Being Human (show on UK telly) – he’s not a particularly hardcore vampire or anything and he’s one of those lame ones who is trying to be ‘good’ – but quite honestly, he is HOT and he has a habit of biting women, after they’ve had a good shag – not complaining there, at least you’d have a great last hour or so….

I think the list need Damon and Stefan of “The Vampire Diaries”.

Good list….Except, Stephen Moyer (BILL ) should have been on the top!! He is so, totally the best Vampire!! So, So….Hot!!! Then Eric of course…

You guys are a joke.

Lestat was a great vampire in book only.

I agree with those who said that Eric should be on the cover. I also agree that Gerard Butler in Dracula 2000 and Alex O’Loughlin in Moonlight – ( remind me again why somebody in control of a tv network thought this show should be axed because it would not work today ) should have been included.

Greatest Vampire of all time is a long list, a lot of research and a big ask, even to narrow down 20. I quess they got tired half way through.

Of the 21st century vampires – (yes, let’s try and forget the past pasty replicas of well written and badly acted vamps, Bella Lugosi, a master for his time being the exception) – they should include those below because they are real vampires.
To love these guys is to fear their dark side. A side they can’t always control. People die around them and yes they have fangs. They gotta have fangs.
Let’s stop makin’ them pink and fluffy. Give them the capacity to love, ok but keep them dark and dangerous.

Eric Northman – True Blood – Alexander Scarsgard
Mick St. John – Moonlight – Alex O’Loughlin
Angel – Angel the series – David Boreanaz
Dracula – Dracula 2000 – Gerard Butler

Anybody agree with me? :)

@Celina:

STEPHEN MOYER is an actor who plays a vampire called Bill Compton on the HBO show True Blood wheres S. Meyer is the weirdo mormon who wrote Twilight. The other poster didn’t get confused between them, you did.

clash of the fandoms @ 10/07/2009 at 12:56 am

The vampire on the left looks like a real vampire and that old vampire on the right looks fake. Look at his face, the one on the right looks like he is 70, get him off the show pronto.

violetrae @ 10/28/2009 at 8:03 pm

Agree with the list, but sorry twilight wasnt even all that great they didnt have fangs wtf? Whoever said TrueBlood sucks, ok thats your opinion. Here’s mine. To me its way better than twilight. It actually has a plot, symbolism and the vampires actually have fangs and are badass. It comes with everything ppl want. Sex, violence, bloodthirsty vamps, even romance. So sorry in my book Twilight gets K.O’d by TrueBlood nuff said. don’t ya wonder why ppl call twilight vamps pu5sy vampires? Even the vampire diaries guy Stephan (who everyone said was a knockoff of edward) is hotter than robert pattinson. I didn’t see anyone jockin r.pattinson when he was in harry potter 4. SO YEAH. that guy from vampire diaries is hot. Who saw his bod wen he lifted his shirt? i was shocked he looked so good. who knew that would be under his flannel shirt yum.

lmao wow. i love that comment that eric northman could kick edwards ass thats hilarious! it wouldn’t even be a fight it’d be a BEATDOWN LOL! all u twilight fangirls who r saying edward should be #1 id like to know WHY? why should that glittery fangless emo hundred yr old virgin ‘vampire’ be at the top? He’s not even worth being called a vampire. fangs? no. die from the sun? no. feasting/seduction of humans? NO. wow for all we know, they could be cold blooded insomniac crackheads in a cult who have ‘adrenaline rushes’ and steal drugs from the hospital carlisle works at to get all doped up and perform rituals with animal sacrafices and happen to drink the blood! What kind of fcking vampire glitters in the sun??? WTF! stephenie meyer and her dumb series that couldve been told in 2 books but she wanted to milk it out in 4 bigass books. and we all knew in the end she’d choose edward. pfft tryna play it off like bella’s dumass was gonna pick jacob. yes i read all the books so u cant say sht about me not understanding them. plus her damn hybrid baby that she made jacob imprint. she made him like a pedophile. the movie was awful. with kristin stewarts pothead ass blinking every millisecond. anyways done with my rant. twilight vamps arent really vampires at all. Just an emo glittery animal sacraficial insomniac cult. stop lying to urselves :(

Where is William the Bloody? At vampire list without Spike is no list at all.

I think the woman who wrote Twilight could have named her things everything… as long as it is not VAMPIRES, because:

1. Can’t go out during the day?
2. Can’t be catholic?
3. Holy water is not good?
4. Fangs?
5. Badness degree?
6. Blood?
well.. yes… of course…
Sparkle?

Her “monsters” didn’t obey any rule of a real vampire… so No. They should not be in the list.

Besides: Angelus, Spike and Drusila should appear in it

Lestat, definitely number one, but, God, the rest of the list is a mess, with all the best ones rated too low, other great vampires not on it at all, and that wimp Edward shouldn’t be within a hundred miles of the list. He’s a softy…..blech.

Victoria D @ 01/21/2010 at 7:50 am

Is this a list? Angel is in the 7# and Edward in the 4#? You must be joking. Angel is totally better than Edward, he could kick the sparkle vampire’s ass! Angel has a hot immortal body, is sexy, is special, has a soul, back from hell to be with his love, the vampire slayer, the loved Buffy. If someone tried kill Buffy, he never asked for her “run”. He stay with her and fight together. But Edward, no!
Twilight is clearly a awful and terrible imitation of Buffy, Angel and True Blood. I don’t know why he is there. Angel deserve be 4#, 3#, 2# or 1#. ANGEL/ANGELUS TEAM!

Dracula’s way better than twilight…Christopher Lee is my favorite Dracula..because he’s just AWESOME..

quentincollins @ 07/07/2010 at 11:20 pm

No Barnabas Collins?!?!? This ranking is highly inaccurate… and ridiculous.

@coleen: Yes I totally agree about Gary. He is so amazing and was incredible in Dracula. He should be further up for sure. Maybe even number 1.