Jessica Simpson Covers Glamour

Jessica Simpson Covers Glamour

On her first post-breakup magazine cover, Jessica Simpson takes the September 2009 cover of Glamour, on stands August 11. Check out what the 29-year-old country singer had to say:

On relationships: “I don’t regret anything I’ve gone through…. I don’t know what the future holds, but I hope that my life, as it is now, doesn’t change. I’m very happy and comfortable—it’s a great place to be in. If this article comes out and we’re not together, I’d still love [Tony], and he’d still be a huge part of who I am today.”

On body image: “It’s not fair that women look in the mirror and feel disgust because of what society has made them believe about beauty. I’ve been through it myself and understand the pressures. We’re all facing the same struggles together, whether you’re a celebrity or not.”
On her divorce:
“It was hard to imagine I would ever walk down the aisle again. It was like a death in the family: You go through the mourning stage, then the rebellion, and then all of a sudden you have to find life by yourself. Once you do that, you feel complete—and that’s the only time you can truly fall in love again, and give yourself over completely to another person.”

On the legacy she’d like to leave behind: “[My ex] Tony said, ‘Jessica, at the end of your life, the only thing that’s going to flash through your mind and heart is your husband, kids, family and the people you love. You’re not going to think, I wish I’d done this with my career. And I’m not going to remember how many touchdown passes I threw or if I won the Super Bowl.’ Music is the heart of who I am, and it’s the most personal thing that I do.”

On her future plans: “I’m never going to be a woman who doesn’t work. At 12 I was emancipated from my parents so I could sign my first record deal. I think I was born working!”

Check out Jessica‘s full article at Glamour.com.

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I don’t get why she has so many haters- she’s hilarious and beautiful.

Lillianne @ 08/04/2009 at 4:28 pm

I feel real sorry for her.

Elizabeth @ 08/04/2009 at 4:30 pm

Wow can you say photoshop?

the cover of Glamour….why?
more importantly why is she still relevant all she does is look drunk and says stupid thing about indians…oh yea out of pity cause my mans Romo droped her
YES THE CURSE IS GONE! COWBOYS ARE BACK!!

She was emancipated at age 12 yet she has never made a life decision without her mother and father’s input. Her prenup was designed by her father, her divorce was urged by her father, her last boyfriend was instigated by her father and nearly lost because of her father’s manipulation along the way. After every break up she immediately goes to her parents for consolation.

wow,photoshop is better then plastic surgeries,she is so much skinnier on the cover,I don’t get it,she says women should be confortable with their body but she lets them photoshop her so much

Glamourson @ 08/04/2009 at 4:45 pm

You rock, Jess!!

it looks like they put her ugly face on a skinny girls body it looks bad

Who is that? Sure doesn’t look like Jessica Simpson. I don’t understand her “popularity” at all.

i dont understand

did she say this before breaking up with tony??

i dont understand

did she say this before breaking up with tony??

She's hot @ 08/04/2009 at 4:48 pm

She may not have a brain, but she makes due.

why is she even famous?

“I love Tony…Tony said…Tony here, Tony there” bla bla bla … GET OVER IT!!!! poor woman

damn she’s annoying me
2 posts of her in a day is just enough 2 fry my brain
she’s just gonna keep milking her break up for all the attention she can get

@lakers fan in boston:

Erm it is not Jessica who put up the post of her dog walking.

She did the glamour interview before the break up.

Talk to Glamour if you have a problem with them deciding she would be on the September issue.

She has said very little (if anything) about the break up. It’s the blogs and media outlets that have been going on about it since it happened.

Mythical Creature @ 08/04/2009 at 6:21 pm

Nope, if that were me I wouldn’t have even given him air time. I wouldn’t have canceled my party though either.

@Nick: agree, but that being said, she can act really dumb in some interviews and if it is to be cute it is not in her favor. I like Jessica because she is like any woman and has her ups and downs with her weight.

She’s such a moron (but she is pretty). The thing with her is – she’s a joke and she knows it. She couldn’t make singing work for her…clearly acting isn’t her thing so now she’s just going pimp out whatever to stay in the public eye – first it was her virginity, her marriage, her boyfriends and now…She’s using body image b/c she knows the topic itself is more popular than her. I’m telling you – if a 3rd nipple becomes popular she’ll claim to have one!

She just needs to go away and take her dad and pyscho sister with her.

Mythical Creature @ 08/04/2009 at 6:51 pm

@me: The ditzy thing was cute when she was younger. But it’s a time limited gig and that is the problem with that. It’s not working anymore and she probably doesn’t know where to go from here…

Sooooo she never wants to retire? How unfortunate!
Haaaa…

She left Nick because she thought she could do better. Pretty apparent she can NOT do better. She can’t hold a man. I hope Nick finds true love and has the children that he has always wanted. He is way too good for her anyway.

I don’t get people feeling sorry for her. She is beautiful and successful in her business endeavors. Ok her relationships haven’t worked out but who doesn’t go through relationship troubles, its not like relationships are easy, and it doesn’t mean a person is a failure.

This talentless whor e keeps talking about her past and present relationships because she has nothing to sell, her career is a joke and her good looks are gone, sad indeed

Max: You said everything I was going to say.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All