Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Chris Hemsworth is Thunder God Thor

Chris Hemsworth is Thunder God Thor

Chris Hemsworth sure looks like he’s been bulking up for his role in Thor as he prepares to depart from Canada’s Vancouver International Airport on Friday (August 7).

The 25-year-old Aussie actor, who played the father of Chris Pine‘s character in Star Trek, was later swarmed by fans at LAX airport in Los Angeles on Saturday (August 8).

Chris is set to thunder god Thor in Marvel Studios’s live-action film due out in theaters on May 20, 2011. Natalie Portman will play his love interest.

10+ pictures inside of Thunder God Thor Chris Hemsworth

chris hemsworth thunder god thor 12

Credit: Dzilla/JK, Sharky; Photos: Bauergriffinonline, SplashNewsOnline
Posted to: Chris Hemsworth

John Parra/Getty

kathastic @ 08/09/2009 at 8:54 am

he’s such a hottie!

i love when aussie’s make it big – well are on their way to making it big

He’s not ugly, but unfortunately his looks are too bland and generic to be remembered. He also lacks sex appeal.

Chris and his brother Ian are total hotties!

JJ – I don’t think Chris is yet 28 years old. More like 25

another aussie on his way to Hollywood success. aussie aussie aussie! (oy, oy oy!)

Better Kirk @ 08/09/2009 at 10:14 am

TBH he would have made a better Capt. Kirk.

he has really nice eyes.
Weird neck. Maybe its the pics. It looks long and thick.

don’t know who he is but he is cute

Sex on legs. WOOOOT

He’s going to be looking scrumptious in that movie ..and I’m starving.

Hey JJ, he’s 25 not 28…..and he’s very very hot, gorgeous blue eyes!

Never heard of him, but he is a cutie.

luvtwilight @ 08/09/2009 at 12:00 pm

Chris looks soooooo freakin good!!!!

Thor’s gonna s-u-c-k!

Hey, William Shatner always had a ‘thick’ neck! I think this guy would have been much better as young Kirk. Chris Pine is too ‘slight’ looking IMO and really doesn’t have the right ‘look’ for the part.

@L:
I think Chris Pine is hot and perfect! For Cap. Kirk (:

there is such a thing, as too much LOL

He’s hot. I love his gorgeous blue eyes. Can’t wait to see Thor, I love Natalie Portman <3

I n f a m o u s l y C o o l @ 08/09/2009 at 12:55 pm

i think he was a good pick for the role, even though they turned down a few bigger named, better looking actors. ugh, i kind’a prefer a fresh face for something like this. hope he doesn’t suck. LOL..

true blood @ 08/09/2009 at 12:57 pm

He’s attractive but I would have preferred Alexander Skarsgård as Thor.

Mr. Hemsworth is a pretty faced boy. Yummy! Its like (for me) that Chris Pine and Channig Tatum got together and had him! lol

Hmm, I wonder how bad his acting skills are. His latest movie A perfect getaway premiered this weekend and it seems to be a box office disaster: The movie got an F by E online’s critic.

Oh ,my he is Very Lovely to look at. I loved him in Star Trek and I can’t wait to see him in this movie. Very Pretty to look at .

@makeila: You are sooo RIGHT. That is the Perfect comment. I love all three guys . You totally hit the nail on the head.

_shadows_ @ 08/09/2009 at 2:32 pm

shoulda been Alexander Skarsgard as Thor … i doubt this guy can do better than Alex would have done.

Alexander Skarsgard is not good looking enough to play Thor with the bags under his eyes and his receding hairline, he looks old for his age.

Chris Hemsworth on the other hand is very handsome and so hot!

#22 I so agree, Alex should’ve played Thor. He is a NORDIC god, isn’t he?

#22, you’re so right, Alexander should’ve had this part. Thor is a NORDIC god, isn’t he?

Sorry for double post….=/

fairycake @ 08/09/2009 at 3:59 pm

Wow, yet another movie to be filmed in Vancouver. Looks like its such a popular location. Chris looks HOT btw!!

Alexander Skarsgard is a Viking God! It was a bummer when he didn’t get the part as Thor.

I think he’s a good actor and I think he will do really well, the next Christopher Reev/Hugh Jackman type because he can do the sensitive dramatic parts as well as the action roles.

He seems intelligent and sensitive and mature beyond his years. I wish him luck!

Sugarnspice @ 08/09/2009 at 8:27 pm

He is soooo hot – omg Channing Tatum & Chris Pine had a baby?! You’re a genius!! I’m so glad to be seeing all these fresh faces in Hollywood I am getting so tired of seeing the same people OVER AND OVER in one hundred thousand different movies. I wish him luck and even though A Perfect Getaway wasn’t that great, he ROCKED his part. Good luck to you Chris!!

HOLY SH!T! look at that body.
I can’t wait to read lots of hot thor/loki slash fic.

DA-YUUM!!!! He’s so sexy!

@RM65:

Yeah, but Star Trek made how much? And he’s in that movie.

Oh I loved him on Home and Away when he played Kim, I think he is perfect as Thor! muscular, tall and hansome. What gorgoeus blue eyes he has :)

omgggggggg~~~ I wish I were one of those girls

so this is the guy thats going 2 be Thor….i pictured Thor 2 be more muscular,and hotter. Chris is not that hot, ive seen better and hotter. i had a few people in mind that would have been perfect for that role, but i guess he will do.

He certainly will be GREAT!!!! We like them young! Young and fresh!!! Go Chris! You deserve this role and got it! Let the haters hate on!!! Hottie! All the hot decent actresses are going to be all over him!! Can’t wait to see the cat fights!

Hellshock @ 09/22/2009 at 7:35 am

This is bulking up for “Thor”? I’m sorry people but he will play a great Dr. Blake but when he taps his cane and we get Thor. We’ll be getting ripped off.

He would need a good 50 lbs. minimum of solid muscle to pull that off. They should go with CGI like they did in the Hulk or do a split role and have someone like Triple H play Thor.

Hellshock @ 09/22/2009 at 7:35 am

As much as I love Alexander Skarsgard, I’m glad Chris got this role…. he is also a really good actor and I think he will be able to pull off the outfit and long hair and not get lost under it. He’s got a strong face, very strong.

Those suggestion someone like Triple H for the role are just unrealistic. I’d rather someone that could act! Chris is 6″3 FFS, hes not small!

It also doesn’t hurt that he is pretty hot, plus that voice… anyone see his part in A Perfect Getaway?

I think Chris is gonna rock it, you’ll see, YOU’ALL SEE! :)

ahhhhhhhh sorry double posted like a noob

Linda Tuttle @ 06/24/2012 at 5:19 pm

I am so glad Chris became Thor and I think he gained 40 lbs of muscle to do it. The person that said he had no sex appeal is nuts. I can just look at Chris and I wet my drawers LOL. The bad thing is I am 62 yrs old and too old to be having a crush on a soon to be 29 yr old. He will be 29 on Aug 11, 2012. I would be a cougar for him anyday, though LOL. I might be able to show him a thing or two or three. I guess the day I can’t be attracted to a man like Chris, they can just bury my butt. If anybody knows his address in Hollywood, please, please send it to me. I have a placque I would love to send him and his wife for their new baby. I think Chris would love it. My email address is lindatuttle@charter.net and please use subject of Chris’ Address. Thank you if you can help me.
Linda Tuttle