Bethenny Frankel: Gwyneth Paltrow is Unwatchable

Bethenny Frankel: Gwyneth Paltrow is Unwatchable

Gwyneth Paltrow keeps cool in a pair of denim cut-offs (with pockets showing!) on Tuesday, August 11, in The Hamptons, NY.

The 36-year-old actress has been posting videos of herself cooking on her website Goop.com but Bethenny Frankel finds it pretty unappetizing.

“The idea of Gwyneth being the next Julia Child is unthinkable and probably unwatchable,” says the 38-year-old Real Housewives of NY star. “I once watched her show [Spain…on the Road Again] with chef Mario Batali. It was like watching delicious paint dry.”

Adds Bethenny, “I’m just not feeling her as the next Rachael Ray, who’s fun and goofy and a wing-it kind of girl. Wasn’t Gwyneth macrobiotic, then vegan, then into juice fasting? You need to be willing to dive in and taste it all and not always be on some cleansing fad diet… Who can afford holistic doctors, meals at Babbo, cupping sessions and healers? If I buy my food at Costco and get my hair done for 30 bucks, what’s the average viewer able to afford?”

gwyneth paltrow bethenny frankel 01
gwyneth paltrow bethenny frankel 02
gwyneth paltrow bethenny frankel 03

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All

Gotta agree with BF, which frankly disturbs the hell out of me.

Paltrow looks stunning in these photos, casual but cool, her body is perfection.And as for this, clearly stupid, her video was cute and nothing major so chill, its not like you can critisaze anyone in the first place!

Paltrow looks like a man there. It’s amazing how much she resembles her cousin Katherine Moannig who is not really known for her beauty but has a certain sex appeal that Gwyneth is lacking.
Wrt the video, it needs work and it was sort of like watching paint dry. Maybe she was nervous…I dunno…

Gweneth has a great body but she sacrifices a lot. I don’t think I could eat what she does and exercise the way she does. Regarding the video, I haven’t seen it there for I’m not going to comment about that.

who is this ugly lady? jealousy much? Gwyneth is an Oscar winner actress, classy, educated and beautiful.

there are so many jealous people.

Neither of these plain Janes have much class. Frankel has a big mouth and Gwyneth tends to put her foot in hers.
I don’t see why Frankel would be jealous though. She is a best-selling author and her Skinny Girl food line is sold in supermarkets throughout the U.S. Gwyneth has not established herself in the culinary world yet and is coasting off her acting fame and famous friends.
Also, Gwyneth is starting to look like Jan Brady.

Gwyneth is educated? She barely graduated HS and has maybe a semester of college.
I don’t see why Bethenny cares what she does though.

blah blah blah @ 08/12/2009 at 10:03 pm

I love Bethenny Frankel but she sounds like an idiot here.
Why trash GP for trying to let people into her world?
As for GP, she looks awful.

Bethenny is fugly. I can’t stand Gwyneth either but at least she doesn’t go around trying to pick fights with famous people to get press like the desperate hag Bethenny.

Excuse me? @ 08/12/2009 at 10:31 pm

just sayin’ @ 08/12/2009 at 8:45 pm Bethenny Frankel has actually been in the food industry for years and has written a NY Times best seller. But less people know her because she doesn’t come from a famous family like Paltrow., ***********************

In actuality, less people know Frankel because Paltrow is an OSCAR-WINNING actress who worked for years perfecting her craft, while Frankel’s claim to fame is two seasons on a BASIC CABLE reality show. Frankel has been “famous” for five minutes, yet acts as if she is a mega star. The only thing “mega” about her is that Mega-big Quagmire jaw. I’m sure Paltrow doesn’t even know what a Bethenny is.

s and acts like she is part of the golhree minutehe has been famius fior Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/08/12/gwyneth-paltrow-bethenny-frankel/#comments#ixzz0O1e7Jg9r

I think GP is very inspirational. She writes some very uplifting newsletters at goop.com. She is very positive. All of you should give it a try, from goop:
Police your thoughts and deal with your feelings constructively. Most of the background chatter in our mind is worrying, judging, criticizing, defending and complaining. Catch yourself and create a distraction by redirecting your thoughts toward the things that you are grateful for and optimistic about.
-Thank you GP for this kind of of newsletter.

supertaster! @ 08/12/2009 at 10:45 pm

when I think Gwyneth, boiled unsalted potatoes and cabbage pop in my head: unsavory, bland and pale. not a very appetizing dish, not a very interesting person. i caught her show once and if it wasn’t for the dude who knows about food and how to cook, she would get lost in the background. honestly, i rather stare at a bowl of fruit inside a padded cell for 24 hours than engage in a 30 minute anything that involves the goopster, her hoity-toity attitude and her privileged advice.. i also can’t stand the frankel-lady (her big joker mouth gives me the creeps) and the rayster (her scratchy voice and shouting are like nails to a blackboard, torture!).

@Excuse me?: In actually, these two are not unattractive women but they both have variations of the mega square jaw. People know Paltrow because she’s married to a famous singer, has famous parents and is still coasting off that Oscar from 10 years ago. As for working years at perfecting her craft, that’s highly subjective. Imho, she is not a bad actress but definitely not in the range of Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett. She does not appear to be on the to-go list for scripts either and that’s probably why she’s playing ingenue roles at nearly 37.

As for Frankel, according to Wikipedia she’s done more than just The Real Houswives:

Since Frankel’s passion always been in health and healing, she attended the Natural Gourmet Cooking Institute in New York. After she graduated, she formed a company which provides wheat-, egg-, and dairy-free baked goods, meals for private clients, and a custom-meal delivery service. Her clients include Michael J. Fox, Brooke Hogan, Alicia Silverstone, and Paris Hilton. Frankel also cooked for Survivor winners Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca when they rapidly gained unwanted weight after the show and she had to get them on the right track.

Frankel was one of 16 candidates in The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. She made it to the series finale before losing to Dawna Stone.
Frankel also writes a column on health in Health Magazine and has been featured in several other magazines, such as Social Life Magazine, Life & Style, Gotham, OK!, Us Weekly. In Style, Star, People and TMZ website. She has been featured in the The New York Times and New York Post.

On March 10, 2009, Frankel published ‘Naturally Thin – Unleash Your Skinnygirl & Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting’ on Simon & Schuster’s Touchstone Fireside Imprint. The book has peaked at 2 on the New York Times Best Seller List and has been on the list for the thirteen weeks since the book’s release.

Frankel does seems to have better food credentials than Gwyneth and I agree that watching Gwyneth cook was boring.

Actually, Betheny is unwatchable, with the worst voice and presentation ever. She is just a ***** on tv. Gwyneth’s GOOP site is fabulous – and her chicken dinner was as good as anything Giada has done. Who would ever like to be like Rachel Ray? My god, what a trainwreck she is! And her food is gross. No, I’ll take Gwyneth any day over these women. They are money-grubbers. I don’t think Gwyneth is like that. She offers her lifstyle tips for free.

I agree with Bethenny. I can’t stomach Paltrow. I wish they would kick her out of Iron man. She bring the movie down.

@Bixbyluv: Gwyneth doesn’t write those newsletters but she should follow her own advice and stop taking pot shots at other actresses and thinly veiled frenemies.

Every thing GP do is hype up by the big pr team she is with. GP bombs at every thing now like Jessica Simpson here she is trying to get into something else. If they are so rich why don’t they just go sit their a$$ on the Riviera and never come back.

victoria #1 @ 08/12/2009 at 11:00 pm

@HUNTER–Agree with you on that, but as the Housewife show goes on, she has become more and more ” older looking ” and ” unappealing.” I can’t figure out if it’s the long hair dragging her down, and she just can’t part with it, or what.
Maybe she thinks it makes her look younger, but sometime’s long hair actually ages you. Like Ramona for instance, her co-housewife on the show. Ramona brags that she ” has no wrinkles and has perfect skin, ” but have you really SEEN her skin close up? LOL.LOL
NO WAY !!!!!!!!!! Just looking at it in the dermatologists office while undergoing her ” procedure’s “, it was rough looking, and she looked her age, just like the others.
Good Lord, the money they waste on skin procedure’s, and they STILL look just the same. How sad can you feel for them. When they all are 60 or 70 they all WILL look 60 and 70, and not ONE person on God’s green earth will care one flip. And look at all the money wasted, that could have gone to their charity’s.
Oh, well, it is their money and their waste. Bethenny needs a new look, with her squarish face and big mouth and jaw. Maybe the next $30.00 haircut will be better.

Most of your remarks are so irrelevant. Bethenny needs to shut her pie hole. No one asked her or cares what she thinks about Gwyneth. Gwyneth has the right to do whatever she wants on HER blog! Gwyneth is also a Hollywood actress, not some washed-up reality show babe.

And now it’s my turn to be irrelevent:

I met Gwyneth once and she is really nice. I mean, very sweet and charming. I can’t imagine Bethenny being nice and charming; she seems like a stuck up snob. And we see her first hand on her crappy show. Gwyneth was kind of shy but at the same time down to earth when I met her (at an EL event )

I see the same obsessed fan is here changing names.
I don’t think a New York Times best selling author is washed up, but agree she could have been a tad more tactful in her remarks. However, she does have a point. Paltrow may be camera ready as an actress but she lacks the requisite charisma and expertise to make a compelling food show host. She needs to work on establishing herself some credentials instead of trying to fast track herself into a lifestyle guru position. The way she’s going about it rings hollow and perhaps that’s why she hasn’t been more successful so far.

@andrea: That’s very nice that you met her and she was nice to you but that means absolutely nothing. Spending time with a celebrity at a promotional event is not a solid indication of character. You are seeing the celebrity for a limited period of time promoting a product that they financially benefit from. They are expected to be charming and gracious to their fans. I know people who’ve worked with GP over extended periods of time and found her rather unpleasant. I’m sure the reality is someone in between but trying to apply your personal experience as fact is just silly.

supertaster! @ 08/12/2009 at 11:47 pm

the same blandness in the cooking advice section goes her acting.. gwyneth is so yawnn! i got the major zzzz’s every time she was on scene.. her mom has more class and talent and her dad was super distinguished. their daughter on the other hand just has a talent for knowing how to cruise through life on her privilege and name alone.

Farmer Ted @ 08/12/2009 at 11:49 pm

The horsey-faced blonde and big-jawed ***** should both stay off camera.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All