Brad Pitt: Mayor Of New Orleans?

Brad Pitt: Mayor Of New Orleans?

Several citizens have banded together to get Brad Pitt elected mayor of New Orleans since the actor’s Make It Right foundation has provided green and affordable housing for displaced residents in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Brad was asked if he would serve as Mayor of New Orleans and jokingly told the Today Show on Thursday morning, “Yeah, yeah. I’m running on the gay marriage, no religion, legalization and taxation of marijuana platform.”

When pressed some more about running, he said tersely, “I don’t have a chance. It’s not what I do best.”

WOULD YOU VOTE for Brad Pitt as Mayor of NOLA?

Brad Pitt: Mayor Of New Orleans?

1,094 Comments

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 744 » Show All

Yes of course Brad Pitt as Mayor of NOLA.

I’d vote for him! Good for him for staying out of politics though.
I liked his interview this morning, but of course Today had to tease the viewers and keep part 2 for next week. I’m looking forward to it and to seeing Inglorious B*sterds.
Way to go Brad, I’m glad MIR is doing so well.

He reminds me so much of a little boy here……..very charming to see.

Stoner for Major @ 08/13/2009 at 5:21 pm

Yeah, Right I’m glad Brad isn’t smoking weed anymore…. Yeah right. He does look happy. You can tell he and Jen got together last night after the travellers wife. Poor Angie I’m sure Brad will provide for her and her 12 kids.

Shame he wouldn’t run…..I know it was a joke, but a platform of legalized same-sex marriage, no religion and legalized & taxed marijuana is extremely progressive and sensible……I would have voted for him!

old time sake @ 08/13/2009 at 5:26 pm

Sounded like the comment on love was meant as something to come. “Someday it won’t be there?”

are you insane @ 08/13/2009 at 5:27 pm

@jussi:

Oh, I see you read and ingested the lie in the Daily Mail. LOL.

Brad was taking pixs outside on the red carpet on his phone to show Angie and the kids before he entered the screening of his film company’s production. He was there with his manager and his producing partner. He never even aimed the phone in the direction of Rachel, and put it away to take group pixs. There are plenty of pixs that this.

How sad that you are one of the elementary school uneducated masses that comprise the Daily Mail readers. Well that trash really does know the brainless noncapacity of its faithful.

Brad is smart @ 08/13/2009 at 5:29 pm

Brad knows himself, he is a wise man. Politics is not for him and he says so.

He and the 2 older boys were so cute in NOLA last Friday.

Brad looks so cute in the interview. I don’t want him to go politics. Only if he can still make movies as the mayor. He is a great actor. I want him keep making fantastic movies and he looks fabulous on the red carpet.

heck yeah!!!!!!
I LOVE BRAD

Brad seems to think that he’s going to out live his family or just will leave them and never see them again. I feel Bad for Angelina because she never talks that way. when she talks about love you know she thinks it’s forever. I’m sure her love for her mom didn’t just stop when her mom died. Brad’s view on love is very odd especially when you consider he put his kids in the same category of losing love. even the interview where he talks about his fear being losing his them… it’s like he doesn’t really love them if it could just end like that for him. his words. Angelina even says she still loves her exes so i dont think she shared Brad’s view on love or on their relationship.

The Time Traveler’s Wife: Love, Death and More Love
Bana and McAdams share one of many soulful, doleful moments.

By Richard Corliss Thursday, Aug. 13, 2009
Bana and McAdams share one of many soulful, doleful moments.

Screenwriter Bruce Joel Rubin has been down this post-mortem path before; he won an Oscar for Ghost. McAdams is also a veteran of a decades-spanning romance; in The Notebook she applied the same exorbitant dimples and loving laser stare she uses to excellent effect here. The role of Henry might once have been intended for Brad Pitt, who serves as an executive producer on the film. But it’s well served by Bana, switching gears after playing the villain in Star Trek and a much less sympathetic wandering husband (for laughs) in Funny People. Here Bana hits the right tone of hangdog perplexity and stalwart romance.

In a film era that thinks sentiment is a big silly joke, The Time Traveler’s Wifemay be as out of its time as poor Henry. But for viewers aching for a romantic drama that leaves them emotionally, honorably exhausted, this could prove a total immersion in star-crossed love, if not perfect synchronicity. As with Titanic, the movie’s fans could end up watching it time after time.

Ashton Kutcher and Brad Pitt will be on the same show tomorrow on some panel. If they get to questions Regarding their relationships you will see a major difference between the two. Ashton openly loves Demi moore and her children and is not afraid to voice it. Brad on the other hand is embarrassed by his love for Angelina. I wish Angelina could see that . I think she’s too cool to be with a man that is embarrassed to show his love for her. a man that will stand by statements that he won’t marry her but won’t stand by statements that show how much he loves her. he doesn’t love her.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/08/12/brad-pitt-time-travelers-wife/comment-page-14/#comments#ixzz0O6KflaQA

Wake Up fans. Be a fan of his because you like his movies, but don’t be a fan of his if you think he’s a loving Boyfriend and father to Angelina and their children. I wish Angelina had some real friends that could show her the light because I don’t she would waste her time on someone that doesn’t love her if she knew. The way she talks they are in love. The way he talks the whole family could have some sickness and be on the verge of death.

just thought I would bring my post to the appropriate thread. To stay on topic.

credit jjb

NEW ORLEANS (AP) – Brad Pitt is laughing off the idea he should run for mayor of New Orleans.

Pitt told NBC’s “Today” show on Thursday that he has seen the “Brad Pitt for Mayor” T-shirts that many New Orleans residents are sporting around town.

But when asked if he has considered running, Pitt said, “I don’t have a chance.”

Pitt is right, but not because he isn’t popular in his city where he and partner, Angelina Jolie, bought a home in 2007. To be eligible, candidates must be residents of New Orleans for at least five years before the date of the election. The mayoral primary is Feb. 6, 2010.

One more for the replies I’ll get.” When they finally announce a breakup you won’t have to worry about seeing the W t and H posting around YOU. I’ll be in the Angie threads and you can stay in the Brad threads.”

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/08/12/brad-pitt-time-travelers-wife/comment-page-14/#comments#ixzz0O6LkYRbF
until then I’ll post here.

LOL, honey spamming those lies on this thread now,lmao

@amy: Amy, how old are you? (If you don’t mind my asking) I’m just very curious.

It would be great if New Orleans can legalize the gay marriage. I totaly support this cause and I think it’s so admirable that Brad brings this subject always up. Not only in New Orleans, of course. It would be a great thing to have in the entire world.

and also the today show interview , brad said he thinks one day “the love” won’t be “there”.

i just don’t know now, brad needs to prove himself in the coming weeks, maybe angelina will get tired of brad’s weirdness of late.
i haven’t seen angelina do anything to disrespect brad, not like taking pictures of some-one in a trashy dress (rachel mcadams)

next weeks in-touch mag will accuse brad of flirting and eyeing up rachel mcadams next week. trust.

Brad said same words before @ 08/13/2009 at 5:40 pm

@old time sake:

Exact quotes from reliable sources just for you-his great love for Angie and their kids

1. Los Angeles Times / January 2, 2009
Reed Johnson

“It’s a tragedy in the sense that any love involves loss, and that’s the risk you take,” Pitt responds. “And the greater the love, the greater the loss. I certainly feel that now with the woman I’m with, and the children that I have. But whatever the course may be, this time together is extraordinary.”
****************************************************************
2. Rolling Stone/ January 2009

“What occurred to me on this film, and also with the passing of her mother [actress Marcheline Bertrand in 2007], is that there’s going to come a time when I’m not going to get to be with this person anymore. I’m not going to get to be with my children anymore. Or friends, people I love and respect. And so, if we have a flare-up, it evaporates now.”
*************************************************************

3. Brad is consistent in his main worries, health and safety of Angie and their kids. It is the only thing that keeps him up at night. Parade, August 2009
*************************************************************

OK now you can take your delusions and jump in the ocean!!!

gee lets see if the troll remembers to change its name this time

Brad said same words before @ 08/13/2009 at 5:41 pm

@wth:

1. Los Angeles Times / January 2, 2009
Reed Johnson

****************************************************************
2. Rolling Stone/ January 2009

*************************************************************

*************************************************************

OK now you can stop lying on Brad.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 744 » Show All