Ziyi Zhang Brings Sophie's Revenge To South Korea

Ziyi Zhang Brings Sophie's Revenge To South Korea

Ziyi Zhang joins costar So Jisub at the press conference for their latest romantic comedy, Sophie’s Revenge held at Shilla Hotel on Thursday (August 13) in Seoul, South Korea.

The 30-year-old Chinese actress plays a comic book artist who schemes to get her fiance back after losing him to an actress.

“I think the Sophie character is not difficult to understand,” Ziyi said, “So when I was acting, I felt that the style of talking and acting belonged to Sophie. But they are not mine, really. When I was playing Sophie’s character, I was totally immersed in it.”

You can watch the trailer here but it’s not in English!

zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 01
zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 02
zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 03
zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 04
zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 05
zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 06
zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 07
zhang ziyi sophies revenge south korea 08

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

She’s SOOO pretty!!

beautiful :-)

whats this got to do with south korea?? isn’t north the kinda bad end??

she’s becoming even prettier as she gets older!

a lot of people in her homeland dislike her – supposedly a diva and i think had some scandal. i like gong li better. i always thought this girl was not the greatest ambassador for her country. gong li is so much more beautiful. this girl is kinda watered down western idea. she’s just ok.

I love Gong Li too, Brangelina fan! I think what some Chinese people have trouble with is the fact she dated a rich old American…I guess it was a bit disappointing to have one of their own become famous in the States and go that way.

arealchinese @ 08/14/2009 at 2:05 am

Erm.. as a Chinese myself, hv to say tthat this girl cannot act at all.. She was born in good times, that’s why she got so much attention, but other than that she is nothing compared to a lot of Chinese actress, they are so much prettier and talented than she is but does not have her luck.. and the fact that she is such an attention seeker makes people dislike her. she really isnt that good, even compared to the other actress is this movie..

arealchinese @ 08/14/2009 at 2:07 am

plus she is fake, arrogant and those kind of person who would do anything just to be famous. And abt her love stories.. to be honest, who cares..

yes yes yes @ 08/14/2009 at 2:13 am

@coolio:
North and South Korea are, like, two separate countries for more than a half century.

^^^^^ yeah i read a chinese blog and boy is their controversy over her. btw, i am curious since you are chinese, what you think of gong li? i like her but have not heard much information on her life, etc. she seems really nice plus gong li is drop dead gorgeous. i am not a big fan of zhang. she is kinda boring.

As a chinese and have followed entertainment news, she got her fame mainly by clinging to famous actor. In her 1st Hong Kong movie, she flirted with Jackie Chan, then suddenly she became a big shot (to herself), she acted like a million dollars actress and ordered the crews around eventhough she was a no body from the mainland.
She tried to fish around many rich men or famous men. Vivo is not the only rich guy she has dated. If the guy doesn’t have millions, then she won’t date them..

She is a cheap hooker, wanna be a star.

CHRISTINE @ 08/14/2009 at 2:33 am

JUST JARED… UR WEBSITE LOADS WAY TOO SOLOWWWWW, DUDE.
I GREW 2 GRAY HAIRS… THX!
NOW, I FORGOT Y I CAME HERE….

Yup, most Chinese publications don’t like her. She’s been rumored to sleep around to get movie roles in her early years. She’s comes off as fake and a diva.

But for me, the worst was when she was complaining about people not caring about the earthquake victims in China while SHE was still partying in up in Cannes. She was in Cannes to mingle with the rich and famous even though she doesn’t have an official role nor have any movie to promote. Then she would make “charity” events for the earthquake victims where her dress would probably feed thousands of victims. I don’t think she even actively participated in a lot of charity fundraising in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China for the victims because she was either in Paris, Cannes or Beverly Hills.

Jimmy call @ 08/14/2009 at 4:15 am

I love Gong Li as well, cant’ wait to see her in Shangai

Happy_Evil_Dude @ 08/14/2009 at 4:21 am

@brangelina fan 4 life:

I think Gong Li isn’t liked by the chinese that much these days. Something about cheating on her partner with a younger white dude.

Theresa Theresa @ 08/14/2009 at 4:50 am

I agree with ellie, she uses people to get into the top. She dated a HK tycoon’s son and break up with him once she found a richer one.

My sister was in the same plane with her last year from HK to New York. Zhang Zhi’s English is not very good. She spoke Mandarin on the plane, but she uses English when swearing.. every sentence she say is with swearing.

SORRY don’t see her appeal shu qi looks better

Matsyaaaaaaaa @ 08/14/2009 at 5:57 am

I’m definitely going to watch this film, and it’s definitely NOT for Zhang Zi Yi!

Look out for Fan Bing Bing who plays Zi Yi’s rival in the film. She’s got poise. elegance and she’s actually talented! Best of all, she’s not arrogant like Zi Yi!

I will only watch this movie for So Jisub. I loved him in “I’m sorry I loved you”, and “Cain & Abel”.

phoenixbai @ 08/14/2009 at 8:46 am

@arealchinese:

I don`t think you can talk on behalf of Chinese! ZiYi can act and act pretty well. Chinese people have problem with her for being herself. She is so open to sex or sth that in Chinese tradition, it sees it as immoral or conscienceless. And she also got lots of scandals which doesn`t help improving her impression on Chinese people. However, as time goes, and as the charity work she does for the Chinese, people become more acceptable and forgivable! Wish her for the best!

she looks old in this pic. maybe her hairstyle?

wish she’d fix her right eye – very distracting. nice earrings tho’

yay! miss So Jisub!!
I also will watch the movie for So Jisub…
Love him in “What Happened in Bali” and “I’m Sorry I Love You”.

thanks Jared