Melanie Griffith: Yes to Rehab!

Melanie Griffith: Yes to Rehab!

Legendary actress Melanie Griffith, 52, has entered a rehab facility, who has struggled with drugs and alcohol over the years.

“She is there to reinforce her commitment to stay healthy. This is part of a routine plan that was designed between her and her doctors years ago,” Melanie’s publicist, Robin Baum, tells Star.

According to a source, “Melanie‘s struggling right now, but Antonio has been checking in on her as much as he is allowed, making sure she gets back on her feet. Without Antonio in her life, I honestly believe Melanie would be dead.”

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

i think her drug issues are from being an aging actress. there are no good parts 4 her

Glad she is seeking help and bettering herself. It is good she has a great husband as well.
Get well Melanie :)

silly putty @ 08/24/2009 at 9:40 pm

wonder how old she is now??

Do you know JJ ?

Damn! JJ couldn’t you have used a less fug picture of her?

good luck melanie- wish you the best

add to the list @ 08/24/2009 at 10:05 pm

…”struggled with addictions to drugs and alcohol …”
add plastic surgery to the list
her face is wack.

legendary? Melanie is a B list actress who’s mother Tippi Hedren is more famous than she is.

Star magazine? **rolling my eyes***

If this is true I hope she gets better. She’s been into drugs since she was 14.

i'm a reader @ 08/24/2009 at 10:19 pm

@silly putty: 52 years old

Cowboylady @ 08/24/2009 at 10:20 pm

I agree with Frenchy. While I wish her the best and glad she has a suppportive husband, I would not dare call this actress “legendary”! And since when did “Star Magazine become a reliable and reputable source?

I’m just saying….

She looks like Tammy fay Baker!

I don’t think she is going in rehab….she ‘s going for even more plastic surgery! She should have left her face alone…..her mother looks better than her and I think she is in her 70′ s or 80′s.

Good luck Melody – addiction is a *****

Reality Bites @ 08/25/2009 at 12:00 am

“Without Antonio in her life, I honestly believe Melanie would be dead”

No pressure there Antonio..does anyone else read this as code for.. I know you left your beautiful Spanish wife for me once upon a time, but you better not dump me for someone younger and better looking or I will kill myself.

Is that a recent picture? She looks bad! Wish her the best but can’t see it myself, sounds like she relies too much on others for support & not on herself.

is that Joan Rivers mother????

#1 – She has been on and off drugs for years.

I don’t mind her, but I was really turned off when she told her son she would smoke pot with him if he ever wanted to try it. That is beyond irresponsible, especially when both parents were/are hardcore addicts. He ended up having a problem and so did her daughter. I could never understand why Antonio left his lovely Spanish wife and took up with a druggie who already had two kids by two different men. He always seemed very classy and not a Hollywood type. I guess love is blind.

If Tonio had ever left her,she would have crashed.
Background though shall we…Antonio left his Spainsh wife for Melaine…Melaine has been battling drugs alcohol since she was14 and took then with DonJohnson…Melainendid drugs with her son from StevenBauer,the son has been to rehab,Dakota Johnson from Don is not on the right path.

and good luck to MelaineG.again.52,she will win this time.

afro sheen @ 08/25/2009 at 2:27 am

WHY DIDN’T THE CHILD WELFARE EVER STEP IN AND TAKE THOSE KIDS AWAY FROM HER? DON JOHNSON SHOULD HAVE RAISED THEM OR ANYONE ELSE!

I don’t think Don Johnson is much better. He falls off the wagon every so often and unfortunately it is rubbing off onto their kids who are down the same path. There is a difference between being a cool parent and a responsible one.
Good luck to Melanie, at least she is getting help and you can’t knock her for that.

Good luck Melanie! Stay healthy …. for you and your family.

WOW how judgmental and cruel can some of you be!!! I bet your lives are a picture of perfect, sad people!!

I wish Melanie (if this is true) all the best, and hope she gets better,addiction is awful!

blah blah blah @ 08/25/2009 at 7:52 am

She is SO lucky to have Antonio.
He is amazingly talented and handsome.
What did he ever see in her? No idea.

@Reality Bites – you nailed it!

Poor Melanie obviously has some demons – low self esteem and low self worth. to name a few. She has everything – a gorgeous hubby, great children, loads of money but yet she still does drugs and booze. I saw her interviewed on The Actor’s Studio a few years ago and she spoke about it. How sad for her that she still feels so unworthy of love and undeserving of what she has. I wish her well and hope that this stint in rehab with help her once and for all.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All