Jake Gyllenhaal Interviews Natalie Portman

Jake Gyllenhaal Interviews Natalie Portman

Jake Gyllenhaal scored an exclusive interview with Natalie Portman, his co-star in the upcoming war drama Brothers. Check out some hilarious highlights from the September 2009 issue of Interview Magazine (with Portman on the cover):

JG: What’s your favorite food?

NP: Well, I don’t think you can really improve upon Carvel ice cream cake.

JG: I’m more Baskin-Robbins style myself.

NP: Oh really? I am so Carvel. Did I just bring us back to 1985 Long Island?

JG: What song best describes your current state?

NP: My current state . . . I’m trying to think of a song that feels like sleepwalking. [laughs] I don’t know. I’ve mostly been listening to dirty rap lately. That’s sort of my scene.

JG: Your affection for dirty rap is something that people really don’t know about you, which I think is fascinating. You do incredible things for the world, and then you listen to just completely obscene hip-hop music.

NP: Really, really obscene hip-hop. I love it so much. It makes me laugh and then it makes me want to dance. Those are like my two favorite things, so combined . . . I’ve been listening a lot lately to “Wait (The Whisper Song)” by the Ying Yang Twins, where the lyrics are like, “Wait ’til you see my d—”—which is just amazing because it’s whispered. [whispers] “Wait ’til you see my d— . . . ” [laughs] Crazy. So I just listen to it like I’m a five-year-old, like, “Oh my god! I can’t believe he just said that!”

JG: It’s interesting that you think the lyric “Wait ’til you see my d—” describes your current state. I think people are learning more about you right now then they ever have in an interview. I’m proud of that.

Check out the full Jake-Nat tête-à-tête at InterviewMagazine.com. It’s a super good read!!!

jake gyllenhaal natalie portman interview 01
jake gyllenhaal natalie portman interview 02
jake gyllenhaal natalie portman interview 03

Jesse Grant/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

HAHAHA THAT’S FUNNY!!!!!

haha she’s hilarious. I love her!

She is really fearlessly funny and sincere. I love her daring openness and honestly. She is great.

shenanyginz @ 08/27/2009 at 1:06 pm

haha cute
and carvel icecream cake is definitely way better than baskin robins

shenanyginz @ 08/27/2009 at 1:07 pm

and yes i’m from long island.

she is absolutely gorgeous

Alyn Clay @ 08/27/2009 at 1:10 pm

She is a vegan and yet likes carvel ice cream cakes?

how silly, that song sucks, no wonder celebrities are a bunch of sheep, there own taste is awful. And it’s always girls that look like her, pretty if you look past the bad taste, two feet off the gourd height, who desperately try to prove that they have a wild, dirty side.

shoegal421 @ 08/27/2009 at 1:34 pm

i don’t get her.

She is a breath of fresh air.

@shoegal421 @ 08/27/2009 at 1:37 pm

You must be very ordinary, that is why you don’t get her.

@shenanyginz:

totally agree. the only cake i eat of any kind (ice cream or whatnot) is carvel. it’s not my birthday until i have the chocolate crunchies. yeah long islanders!

she hangs with Jay Z?? JARED—where are the ppix?? Natalie Portman and Jay Z together and no one has pix??

@Alyn Clay:
She isn’t a vegan, never were. She is or was a vegetarian, I believe and she has a vegan shoe line, because she doesn’t want to wear leather. But she wears wool clothes.

I will repeat – Natalie hangs with Jay Z ???

weren’t they dating 3 years ago? Gyllenhaal & Portman!

Muy Interesante! OFF I GO TO READ…

She is trying to get rid of her vegan virgin image. Cool

Ummmm I thought she was a vegan!?! Not cool! I mean I used to LOVE that cake too but I gave it up for veganism. I mean doesn’t she have a vegan shoe company or something?? Confused?!?!?!

Pattycake @ 08/27/2009 at 2:51 pm

Completely unedited. Uh huh.

so funny, I always feel and react the same way to that song

I really like this picture of her. Soo edgy. It seems like maybe she is trying to change her image up a bit.

christine @ 08/27/2009 at 3:07 pm

THAT IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST INTERVIEWS EVER…. LOLOL…. AND I LOVE CARVEL ICECREAM CAKE TOO! BRINGS ME BACK TO GROWING UP IN NY. HEY, NATALIE, YOU CAN GET THE COOKIE ICECREAM CAKE AT VONS IN CALI.

AND JAKE IS ALWAYS FUNNY AS EVER! GOOD TO C WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U PUT 2 YOUNG GENIUSES 2GETHER….

Raybanfan(: @ 08/27/2009 at 3:10 pm

Haha she is funny!
At least she seems to be real in interviews

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All