Chris Brown Clarifies Larry King Statement

Chris Brown Clarifies Larry King Statement

Chris Brown has released a statement on Monday (August 31) clarifying his earlier statements on Larry King Live.

In a statement to JustJared.com, the 20-year-old singer said:

“There have been reports on the internet that I didn’t remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight. That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked something like 4 or 5 times — and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said.

“The first four times – or how ever many times it was – I gave the same answer — which was that I didn’t think it was appropriate for me to talk about what happened that night. I said it was not right for me and it really wasn’t fair to Rihanna. The fifth time – or whatever it was – I just misspoke. I was asked, ‘Do you remember doing it?’ and I said, ‘No.’

“Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything. But it was and still is a blur. And yes, I still can’t believe it happened because it is not me or who I am or is what happened like anything I have ever done before.

“As I have said several times previously, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and I wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can’t. I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am and I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future.”

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 08/31/2009 at 8:28 pm

… little bish ass nicca. back-tracking now. fcuking fagggot. skinny jeans wearing non-singing woman beating pusssy. i’d love to fcuk this homoo up. i wish his fan base of 13-17 year old girls weren’t so damn stupid… he’d be done if it wasn’t for those dummies.

danielson @ 08/31/2009 at 8:34 pm

come to my town, chris, and we’ll open up a can of “mommy get me out of here” on yo bl@ck @ss

how is he back-tracking???????????????? It isn’t his fault that people decided to jump on a 30 seconds snippet that’s from an hour long interview labeling it as BE ALL TELL ALL.

I’m not even a fan of Chris and I know the difference between jumping to conclusion without hearing it all and taking some that’s half side as the whole thing. I know how to with hold judgment and waiting on the full story.

Love him. And again, there’s his apology. Haters fall back!

Not impressed by JA @ 08/31/2009 at 8:45 pm

So why on earth, days after it happened, he said that people have clue and that he was and i quote INNOCENT ?

He is a liar who only take responsability now because he lost some credibility. He was smiling and laughing and jet skiing a few days only after the beating. He said first that he was innocent and that he would plead as such, then months later he pleaded guilty. Days after the beating he was acting like he had done nothing wrong and that people who were saying it was wrong and he was guilty were wrong.
He is a hypocrit and a coward like many men who beat their women and children and act all repentfull when they are caught but never feel remorse otherwise.

You got away with it so go back to your partying and lyao at the world .
But just wait and see who will bE buying tickets for anything you do.
FORGET IT BROTHER YOUR ASSSS IS GRASSS!!!

Still can’t forgive him.

to the 1st comment: i’m getting so sick & tired of all the racist comments on this site. it used to be neutral and unbias in the reporting but now JJ is egging on judgement & hate from it’s readers.
CLEAN UP YOUR ACT JJARED!! as a gay asian male you should know how hurtful these comments are.
moderate & remove the ignorant comments from your site

chriscowardbrown @ 08/31/2009 at 9:38 pm

f U c k him. what u do & say makes u who u are. try to bash the living s h ii t out of someone, that’s who u are. and it wasn’t the first time he hit her, it was the first time someone called the cops on him. this guy sounded like the beating was justified from day one. he is now trying to sound like it was all a fluke, a one time thing that he had no control over. EFF THAT SH ii T!!!!!!!! all he got was a slap on the wrist. actually, not even a slap on the wrist, just a warning that he might get a slap on the wrist.

Wow you guys are really crazy. The way some of you talk about him is ridicoulus. Just remember you all have to answer to god at the end of the day not chris brown. And so does chris. God says we need to forgive and that’s what we need to do and let this YOUNG man go on with his life. Please this is getting out of control and the racist comments are uncalled for.

@I n F a m o u s l y C o o l: he’s sorrry like evry one else he deserves a second chance…don tbe harsh

This man has absolutely NO REMORSE. All he cares is very obviously rehabilitating his tarnished image and his career = $$$. And the stupid public let him get away with it.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 08/31/2009 at 10:15 pm

@kendra: 1st.. maybe you’re right. forgive, but NEVER forget. people in this country seem to forget way tooo easily.
@boo: 2nd.. “as a gay asian male”… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *cough*.. HAHAHAHAHA! jared’s a “gay asian male”?!? you outting him?!? LMBFAOOO

Move on Baby @ 08/31/2009 at 10:25 pm

I Believe him…
I wish he wpuld stop covering up on Rihanna’s part of it & how she contributed to the fight!
Yes I said fight, a Fight she Lost!
Just Move on with ur life Baby!

Move on Baby @ 08/31/2009 at 10:26 pm

I Believe him…
I wish he would just stop covering up on Rihanna’s part of it & how she contributed to the fight!
Yes I said fight, a Fight she Lost!
Just Move on with ur life Baby!

What does it matter if he remembers it or not? A lot of abusive men say that they don’t remember what they have done afterwards. Either way I don’t think anything is wrong with that answer. I’m glad he at least tried to keep the subject off limits. I respect him for that.

I am really disappointed in Larry King, he knows d*mn good and well that his show is twisting Chris’s words. It is so obvious what Chris means about not remembering, and the media takes that tries ot make it seem like he didn’t think it was a big enough deal to even bother remembering. WTF is wrong with people???
And anyway, America gives second chances to child abusers and rapists but they don’t want to give a second chance to a man whose girlfriend started a fight that she couldn’t finish??? Puh-lease.

a beater & a LIAR
classy

wll obviously….this statement was not written by brown. I don’t think he could manage to formulate sentences if his career depended on it.

If he was smart he would go away for awhile instead of trying to do damage control. Whoever encouraged him to go on television and give an interview when he is unwilling or unable to answer simple questions, should be immediately fired. The problem is that he is not really remorseful, he simply wants people to support his career. A person who had genuine remorse wouldn’t have made so many missteps since he assaulted the woman he supposedly loves. The saddest part of this entire situation is reading comments from young women supporting this woman beater and I hope for your sakes that it doesn’t happen to you or someone you love. But for goodness sake, go get educated about domestic violence and stop giving an abuser a pass because you think he’s cute.

@anon: Yeah im so sure it’s because he’s cute. Not even, it’s because he is human and he made a huge a** mistake. Nobody was half as worried about mike Tyson when he beat up wife over and over again..chris made a mistake one time in the public eye and mike tyson did it several times but nobody bashed him like they are doing chris. And what about sean Penn who beat up madonna?? Was it ok for him to do that?? No it wasn’t but guess what I didn’t hear all this hatred towards sean as I do for chris.. y’all need to stop being judgemental and let the boy move the hell on.

adam & eve @ 09/01/2009 at 12:12 am

i don’t understand him. so he’s going to apologize all the time now…well when is he going to prove himself. he better keep to his word in the last part of that statement of from her on after because i am tired of him.

he’s not backtracking at all and this statment although meant well is kinda pointless. of course they asked you the same question MORE THAN 1 TIME. you went there with your protectors so they don’t know how much actual information they can get from you. what he meant to say was that he SLIPPED UP because he didn’t mean to tell the TRUTH (note the lawyer…also remember how he also said the lawyer was preventing him from doing what he felt needed to be done…in the public eye to salvage his career…which i guess is a good thing because the kid is still a kid/acts like a kid.) but actually said what he believed, WHICH HE REPEATED IN THIS STATEMENT AS WELL, in that it is all “blurry” he is still shocked, he wasn’t aware, he can’t believe he did that blah blah what a douchebag, etc…you know an apology is one thing…continuing to talk is another. i don’t want to hear him talk frankley, and i’m glad that he was the one who was okay with this exact punishment because he feels he needs to prove himself. so you know what chris brown i have nothing against you. PROVE YOUR DAMN SELF. that’s it. it’s not asking much. get some counselling help. own your actions like how you said you are willing to own your punishment.

i’m not sure if it was in the other cb thread or here, but someone was asking why do we care, we the public…and you know that’s a question that already has an answer and the person asking it needs to use their brain. i don’t want to call it a dumb question. if the public did not buy this guys records or whatever he sold with his talents you think CHRIS BROWN WOULD BE A STAR? really…you think chris brown would still be himself. yeah he would still be a preson who was gifted like many young people around the world, but if the public wasn’t willing to buy into whatever he or his team was hocking would this guy be as recognized as he is. so of course he feels he needs to right his image in the public eye. he feels like he needs to apologize to us or his fans, but he really needs to apologize to himself and work on himself before he starts going around talk talk talking. i appreciate an apology as much as the next person but actions speak louder than words and they always have. you can never excuse actions. they are either done or they are not, and they are right or wrong.

like i said in the previous thread i am not perfect and i understand the situation this kid/man child is in, had been in, but i don’t want him to apologize to me. i want him to prove himself. he always talks about being a role model…and i just wish i could look at him in the same light like i did before when i was naive and ignorant, because now i can’t look at him the same way and he makes me angry. unlike him though i will not let that anger RULE me. i’m just sad about all of this. things change. i want him to shut up.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All