Emma Watson Excited For College Classes To Start

Emma Watson Excited For College Classes To Start

Harry Potter star Emma Watson has updated her blog to update fans on how her freshman week was like at Brown University.

The 19-year-old British actress wrote, “I know, according to the papers I was ‘definitely attending’ both Columbia and Yale, but I’ve finally arrived at Brown University and, while I wish that I could be in three places at once, I wouldn’t believe everything you read!”

Emma continued, “I arrived on Tuesday and I’m having the most amazing time. I’m still so excited to be here; I’ve already met so many incredible people. I’m over my jet lag and now I just want classes to start!! Hope you are all well and happy, and if you’ve just started college or university that it is everything you hoped it would be. Love Emma x

Lastly, she cleared up some rumors: “Oh and contrary to the reports you may have read, I didn’t arrive by helicopter. I’ve only been in one once when I was little and I was terrified. Now back to my studies!”

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

love her.
she seems “sane” unlike those young hollywood stars.

Kudos to her.

I had an odd feeling she didn’t arrive in a helicopter. She isn’t that attention hungry. I wish I was going to Brown. I am not that smart, and I would be a Sophmore, not a freshman. I’m a month younger than Emma, but she started college a year later than she normally would.

I just hope she doesn’t have a roommate that doesn’t give easily into paparazzi or gossip sites and take photos of Emma sleeping, or taking a shower, or getting changed, stuff like that. That would suck for her. But it seemed she knew who her roommate was before she even got to college, so I guess she’s alright. But if someone offered me $10, 000 to take a photo of her, damn, that would be tempting. I would regret myself to the death for not doing it. That’s too much money to pass up.

I can’t believe anyone believed that sh** in the first place.

she is cute n i love wat she is doing with her self

If she really wants to remain anonymous in school and lead a normal life there, probably better for her to not talk about it on Facebook.

leslieitis @ 09/11/2009 at 11:56 am

Oh my a second entry on JJ just a few days after entering college. I think Emma is going to disccover that since she isn’t “just like” the other students she won’t be able to be treated “just like” the other students. She’s going to be bothered or harrassed for quite some time still…maybe it will finally die down…maybe not. PS The fact that she will go back to the UK to do movie work while she is at university will make it impossible for her to get rid of her movie star image.

leslieitis @ 09/11/2009 at 12:01 pm

“amazing” “incredible”…she sounds just like TrannyDan. These Potter stars all seem to use the same vocabulary. Next, I wonder how she will handle the lesbian advances that will doubtless be made to her. When you’re stuck in the midst of a gang of young people you can have lots of problems that you don’t when you live by yourself or with your family.

leslieitis @ 09/11/2009 at 12:05 pm

@sillyme: Very pertinent point. She better stop blogging or communicating with her fans. That just “fans” the flames of her notoriety.

leslieitis @ 09/11/2009 at 12:05 pm

as we read it hear, perhaps this site owe Emma an apology. Also kudo to this site for ignoring Emma’s request not to be pestered.I like the irony of Emma leaving these fair shores to avoid the paps and we’ve seen her more over these last couple of weeks than ever we did in the UK

i always think that the rumor was false.
wanna read some interview about it

She seems lovely. Grounded too.

Good luck Emma! x

Go EMMA!! She’s so awesome!! I love that she’s excited for classes to start…that’s something Hermione Granger would say. lol. But I love her and I wish her the best. The helicopter thing made no sense to begin with.

@sillyme:

She DIDNT talk about it on facebook. Emma just said in another interview that she doesn’t do Social Networking. That means NO facebook, twitter, or myspace. She has a blog on her Official website that she updates every once in awhile to let her FANS know how she’s doing. She created the website because she got tired of so many false rumors popping up. I think it was a great idea and it’s a fantastic website.

Emma rocks. I love her website and I’m so happy that she’s fitting in nicely. That is one brilliant young woman. :D

i like her! she seems like a normal person. and why should she keep everything private? if she’s excited and enjoying herself at brown, why not let people know about it? i find it admirable that she gives a crap to even go to college. who knows if she’ll stay in for the full run, but it’s still cool that she went!

@aly:

i’m assuming she wants to keep it private because it’s her business and it’s private life. that’s her right and she deserves that after being in the public eye so much. Emma was in school the whole time she was filming for Harry Potter, so I’m pretty sure she will graduate. that is one strong young woman.

twitter is a reliable source?! @ 09/11/2009 at 1:08 pm

since Just Jared was THE website that started the “helicopter” rumour and actually sourced it from some random famewhore on TWITTER, I think Jared should at least own up to it AND give a retraction & an apology.

Other websites and newspapers had the decency to do it, but then again, I guess Just Jared just doesn’t have the integrity.

i thought it was really weird the fact that she had arrived by helicopter if she wanted a normal college experience! Glad the mistery was solved :D
Congrats Emma!

I’m sure she’ll fit in fine once the “new” wears off. If she stays out of trouble, there will be no reason to follow her around with a camera! She’s made good decisions so far, so give her some credit!

As far as the helicoptor rumor, I didn’t believe it to begin with. Who makes this stuff up, and why is it reported without checking the facts???

Another mimi @ 09/11/2009 at 5:14 pm

This is a great role model for all the young girls.
I think it’s wonderful she is expanding her education instead of just doing drugs and doing nothing in LA like so many other “actresses” we know.
Good for her!

i loooooove her… she is just lovely :) wish more celebs were classy like her!

leslieitis @ 09/11/2009 at 6:02 pm

@Heather: Sorry I can’t agree. As long as she is in the acting business cameras and paps will follow her around. She will go back to the UK in intervals from Brown to act in the rest of the Potter movies. I don’t believe that Jodie Foster was acting while she was at Yale, nor what’s her name at Harvard, not Gyllenhaal while at Columbia.

leslieitis @ 09/11/2009 at 6:02 pm