Vampire Diaries: Bloody Good Ratings!

Vampire Diaries: Bloody Good Ratings!

The CW finally has something to cheer about. Vampire Diaries delivered breakout ratings!

Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley pulled in 4.8 million viewers, making their show CW’s most-watched series premiere ever.

America just can’t get enough of blood-sucking vampires! (FYI: True Blood‘s series finale airs this Sunday @ 9PM ET/PT on HBO.)

WHAT DID YOU THINK of the Vampire Diaries premiere? Will you watch next week??

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Ian Somerholder is hot…but this show just doesn’t interest me. I’ll stick to True Blood.

WICKED WENCH @ 09/11/2009 at 12:31 pm

I think capitalism has highjacked, appropriated and is now exploiting the gothic culture to make money.
Thanks to Twatlight, I now hate vampires.

I liked the show. It’s pretty good.

who ever plays Damon is HOT!!! but like the pp, this doesn’t interest me. It’s too Twilight.

for me it was entertaining. I am one of those 4.8 milion.

Vampires…Sexy!!!!

yeeeah!!
this show deserves good ratings,and 4.8 milion means a lot for CW,it’s like 20 milion for CBS
I love Ian Somerhalder,he deserves to be in a good show,and this is a good show

Looked at some are and taped the rest the rest. Sure I will tune next week.

I liked it, eventhough the vampire scenario is getting old. Its was pretty good. I loved the books, so, I do wish the series honors the books.

Oh I’m sad I missed it! What night is it on?

Looked at some are and taped the rest the rest. Sure I will tune next week.But like no.1 said true blood is better.

What night is it on?

it’s a lame mix of true blood & twilight…and twilight is terrible. i say 1 season only then it gets cancelled

VAMPIRES SUCK!!! I’m so tired of them!

The show kinda sucks. But the book is A LOT worse so i guess they did a good job anyway

How about a little reality people?

The show dragged.

I WONT be watching next week!
The show was LAME!!
very boring & un original….

Boring!!! I bet the ratings drop next week….
They wish they were Twilight/True Blood/Gossip girl…
but they are NOT!

It was alright not too bad, but it didnt get me so interested for a first episode. I dont know if ill continue to watch, maybe? True blood is still 10 times more better and addictive LOVES IT! ! this one just reminds of twilight as a tv series! an Iam more of a fan of twilight. Also the Vamp guys arent even all that good looking! the evil brother is more sexy tho.. Of the two.,..

Well, you know once CW jumps on the band wagon, the trend is almost dead…thanks but I’ll stick with True Blood.
This over worked show is no way even close to a substitute while True Blood is off the air.

Fail.

true blood rules

I meant to not watch it. I was put off by the promos. But nothing else was on and I actually watched it. I’ll probably keep watching until it gets canceled.

gossip girl is on the hot seat now for the ratings.good luck with that because this show rocks.gossip girl is just getting more boring lately,hope they will change and not like season 2 anymore.

SOOOOOOO LAME!
True Blood is a great show, Vampire diaries is a sad copycat

I actually thought the show was pretty good. The guys were hot! But I am a TRUE BLOOD FAN!!!!! so I’ll watch this show right now since true blood won’t be on until next summer. but I love true blood way more and it’s a way way way better show… =]

Why would ANTHING copy twilight?!! MEYER ripped off the Vampire Diaries…those books came out in 1991!

Verónica @ 09/11/2009 at 1:05 pm

Actually, TVD was written long before than twilight.

Im from Spain, so i just download the pilot. I like it, really. That chick not so much, but Paul Wesley is too hot.

Sorry for my misspellings.

You guys can’t be serious. The main character had more chemistry in five minutes of this show with Stefan than Bella and Ed have in a whole movie. And, the girl from Degrassi, Nina Dobrev, is a much better actress than Krisin Stewart.

I’ll be watching. And after watching, I think the books might be worth the investment. I read all of the Twilight series except the last one because I was so burned out on the series. People kept saying it gets better. One day I’ll read the last one. And, still think they are the most overrated books that have come out in quite some time.

I really enjoyed it! I’ll definitely be watching next week!

vicki pasadena ca @ 09/11/2009 at 1:18 pm

Awful, trash. Pray that it is cancelled like Melrose Place.

@DJB: The last Twilight book is hated by many Twilight fans. It seems to move too quickly and everything happens at once. Only the first 1/3 and the last 1/3 of the book is interesting. Skip the middle, really.

PS. TVD is okay. Ian Somerhalder doesn’t look as hot as he usually does, but whatever.

Didn’t see it. The CW is only good for one show and that’s Supernatural. It premiered last night and didn’t disappoint. So glad that one is back on, but I’m sad if this is really the last season. The best show on TV will be over. =/

And it looks like Misha Collins is considered a star of the show now. His named appeared after Jensen’s and before the ‘guest starring’ spots. Yay!

Bad acting and ugly guys……Fail
Next.

Didn’t 90210′s premiere last yr score 4.9 million viewers?

I believe 90210 4.9 million viewers, correct me if I’m wrong though. Probably will be no need.

it was on last night (thursday) at 8pm, but will be on again tonight at 8 on CW

Siouxsie Q @ 09/11/2009 at 1:56 pm

i LOVE Zach Roerig on the show! He’s so cute!

Did someone say the vampire guys aren’t that good looking? Wow if that’s not good looking I don’t know what is. Anyway the show was just ok. I’ll give it a few more eps to get better.

i DISAGREE. vampire diaries is amazing and is my weekly twilight fix. i hate true blood

Vampire Diaries plot is very boring but the casts is so bloody good looking! True Blood is like the King of Vampire shows so too bad vamp diaries.

I found the show to be quit boring to be honest. I was expecting more from this show; I don’t think I will be watching this show again.

I haven’t watched it but i’ll be sure to tonight!

I don’t watch True Blood, but I’ll get around to it. Everyone i know loves it.

I love Twilight, and i don’t care. I read the books constantly. After i read them though, it got huge and everyone talks about how ****** they are. It’s not even a bad story, people just hate to jump on the band wagon. The movie wasn’t that great, i’ll tell anyone that, but a visual was nice.

I’ve always loved vampires. Before Twilight, it was the Anne Rice books for me.

The leading lady is subpar she’s a snoozefest judging from her last TV show ; Digrazzi High. Even her good looks didn’t made her interesting.
Don’t care, don’t gave a damn if the Vampires tore her to pieces and serve her in her own sauce. The reason it had a big rating because there is nothing to watch that night all shows are not back yet from 30 Rocks, The office to Greys Anatomy. The real test is the coming weeks when all the great comedies and tv shows arrives. that’s the real test , if it can take over the biggies.

It did remind me a lot of Twilight and I don’t necessarily liked the movie to begin with. If there’s a vampire overkill on tv people are going to get tired of it. But who knows with ratings like this.

I watched it just to see if it was any good. It wasn’t. The only good thing about it was Ian Somerhalder. I will definitely not watch the show again. Thanks but I’ll stick to True Blood.

I’ve got to agree that True Blood is 1,000,000x better than this show. But I don’t know why you guys are saying it’s a Twilight rip-off, the first Vampire Diaries book was published 15 years BEFORE Twilight. But I do see the somewhat annoying similarities. I like the show, didn’t love it but I will watch it next week. Plus, Ian Somerhalder is more than enough to keep my interest.

I watched the premier last night and thought it was amazing. It’s kind of like Twlight but different….It follows more of the Vampire Legends. Like the one where he has to be invited into her house….I thought that was a good touch. I loved the show!!!

i only watched this because of ian somerhalder. then i got bored.

the books are so much better. and the characters appearances are way of! Elena has blonde hair and blue eyes. Stephan is supposed to be beautiful and has longish hair and forest green eyes.

kyra182lovesgosling @ 09/11/2009 at 3:43 pm

I loved it!!!!! And i love true blood also but VD books came out BEFORE Sookie Stackhouse and twilight.

I saw it and I loved it. I’m not a huge twilight fan, but this was ten times better! It had interesting plotlines, likeable main characters and a clear protaganist/antaganist.

The books were horrible. The show is a little bit better.

Twilight and True Blood are way better.

it was really good.. surprisingly .. too bad it’s going to be compared to True Blood and Twilight for eternity..considering VD came out wayyy before

True Blood series finale!? Please say typo and it’s season finale only!

This is merely a true blood rip-off.

The show was really disappointing and boring. I tried to watch it until the end, but just couldn’t.

I enjoyed the pilot more than I did the book. The first book didn’t really catch my interest to read the rest, although I may try again. Everyone needs to stop saying it’s a ripoff and copycat considering LJ Smith wrote these books in the 90s. However, CW did definitely jump the bandwagon on the vampire craze. I think the show will get more interesting once they start revealing Damon and Stefan’s past with Katherine.

I really loved it.. once I got passed the differences between the books and the series.. I can’t wait for next thursday

It was just an okay show. Won’t be watching next week since I work, I’m fine with only seeing it every other week. I see it only lasting one season and then will be canceled. Now Blood Ties and Blade the Series, those were good shows that were ended before their time.

I think the books are better or they shall reveal themselves to be better.

luv it!!!! not as much as twilight saga but luv it!!! itz lyk twilight saga then vampire diaries rite unde by lyk 1point they wuld b equal in my book will so tottaly watch nxt week!!!!! i lyk almost n e thing that got 2 du wit vampires!

i liked it, but it was wayyyy too much of a copy of Twilight

I actually really enjoyed the pilot! It was a lot better than I thought it would be.

And people need to stop saying it’s a rip off of Twilight and True Blood. The Vampire Diaries were written in the 90s!

It was pretty good, we shall see what happens next week. Usually ratings falter after the first week. The music was awesome too!

I loved it. I’ve read all the books and just hope it follows that. I’m a big fan of vampires so of course I will tune in next week

I loved it and will be watching next week….To me this pilot is what I wished Twilight could’ve been but wasn’t because of the bad acting and lack of chemistry between the main characters. I can see how VD is similar to Twilight in some ways but I really don’t see comparisons with True Blood which is a good show but i think it’s different in many ways, dont watch it though because its too graphic for my taste. I was really impressed with Paul Wesley, I didn’t think id like him but he was great as Stefan, loved him. Nina and Ian were really good too and I like the storyline w/ the brothers. I’ll definitely be watching and after Supernatural this will be the other show I watch on CW because the rest of the shows they have(gossip girl, 90210, Melrose Place etc are really bad)..

she shall remain nameless @ 09/11/2009 at 6:39 pm

Well Vampire Diaries was written before Twilight and True Blood isn’t even based on a book. It’s just this story became a show due to the stupid vampire phenomenon. But anyway, it was the original before Buffy and the others I listed.

aNNABELLE @ 09/11/2009 at 6:48 pm

@she shall remain nameless:

True Blood is based on a book series.

@aNNABELLE:

yes , Dead Until Dark. I havent read them but I love True Blood. Vampire Dairies books sucked though.
Twilight books were SO SO SO much better then the movie.

It SUCK!!!! It totally copied Twilight. Some scene were TOO FAKE!!! It just wasted my time!! Twilight is WAY BETTER!!!!

if you are too busy to watch it or had thoughts about how cliched some scenes were:

ok eww i dont like this shhow i love twilight and true blood this show sux

why do people always have to be hating. like the show just started, give it a chance! i thought it was pretty good and im deff gonna keep watching it. what is there not to like? oh because it’s not like twlight or true blood? like i dont see why people are comapring it to twilight, its nothing like it and every vampire show has its own story and i think the cast is great and stefan is hot, i dont see who else couldve played him and who cares if elena is not a blonde, its better to have an actress with brown hair that can act instead of a blonde who cant.

I saw some of it..it was boring and a twilight rip off

johnson0593 @ 09/11/2009 at 9:51 pm

i loved that show i am going to watch every episode i can’t wait untill next week…. the guys in that show are hott too i love it

Ian Somerhalder is damn hot. but the show is zzzzz

I’m SICK of “Twilight”! I’ve seen the first one last year only half way through, and then, fortunatly, right at hour two, my pre-diabetes was calling me. Then, I forced myself to watch the movie on pay-per view. Then, I bought the stupid DVD. I didn’t even make it past the first scene. Kristen is ugly, cant act and is a bore. Robert: I only faked liking him, even though I’m in my 30′s. He seems drunk when doing interviews and needs some hygeine lessons! VD, however, is nothing like this “Twilight” trash and Paul Wesley is waaaaaaaayyy hotter than Rpatzz. Also, the actress who got arrested in real-life is prittier and more talented than KS!

true blood can’t be compared to all these teen vampire shows/movies. it’s too damn good! however, TVD was ok and i will be watching to see if it gets good.

I like the show, I will be watching it again.

vampalicious @ 09/12/2009 at 4:39 am

True Blood is wonderful. Twilight is tolerable. Vampire Diaries is a sad wannabe of Twilight, which just makes it pathetic.

I kindda liked it so I opened a group for the Show . Join it if you want

Ian is good looking

look at what twilight has caused

the show is SOOO GOOD!
And the cast is sexy… don’t like the true blood actors though… I WILL STICK WITH VAMPIRE DIARIES

and the show’s not a copycat… it was written way before trueblood and twilight. it’s time to think before you write **** guys!

i saw it twice because it was inbetween the jay z fuse show, and i hated it both times. my brain kept going really is this happening, why so choppy, uhm some of these people cannot act, worst storyline ever to sstart off a series like this…and even when i wanted to change the channel, i just couldn’t because i wanted to see what was ahead. it wasn’t good. i’m sure they will experience a drop off. i haven’t ever seen an episode of true blood but i love the actors on that show so it’s automatically better. i mean when these two vamp dudes tackled each other out the window i was like worst vamp close up, worst angry vamp brother scene and worst tackle ever…who is the producer of this show????

oh and lets contiune with the close up’s…i know and love nina, but come the fcuk on. i cannot be asked to stare at you and your eyes and this other guy’s eyes forever. who the fcuk is the producer of this show. it was shot and edited so abysmally that i don’t even know what to say. it was not good.

thnks to all this stupid vampire/twilight-mania I hate vampires plus I’ ve seen the trailer and it looked a lot like twilight: soppy and boring…

telepathetic @ 09/13/2009 at 11:30 am

Ian Somerhalder… please come to me….

this show is so stupid.. they took the ideas from twilight…. yeah real smooth……… i dont think its fair to the twilight franchise that they make money by stealing ideas from twilight

the show is really good and 4.8 million is great for cw and its a great show idc what some of u twilight haters say is good movie to and new moon is gonna be great and i hop tha show last we need some good new shows modern fam.. i hope its good but gonna be here for good min

pax paxart @ 09/28/2009 at 2:24 am

TRUEBLOOD FOR DUMMIES:
After experiencing Alan Ball’s amazingly creative series about vampires on HBO, I approached this with some excitement as I enjoy vampire tales. Sad to say, based on the first three episodes, the series is woefully devoid of any originality or inspiration. It plays like any one of the CW’s teen angst series. It’s infantile, badly written, and dreadfully dull.

STORY LINE: Very run of the mill. At least Twilight had interesting characters. The supposed teenage girls in the series are your typical lot of vacuous mental lightweights. They were obviously cast for their looks as opposed to any Thespian abilty. The two brothers are better, but after one episode they are so predictable, it’s laughable. And who write’s this stuff. It plays like a Grade C, low budget horror movie. The lines are trite and barely plausible. The story line so far could have been written by a third grader. No, I take that back. There are third graders who could do better. Even the directing is bad; episodes drag badly and Ian Somerhalder pops of the same way every time. It’s not scary and worse, it’s not alluring or interesting. There’s not a
whit of real fancy or fantasy.

SOUNDTRACK: I suppose the target audience (teenieboppers)like the endless and annoying soundtrack of rock and pop songs. Again, it’s indistinguishable from all the other CW teen shows. This crappy music has become boilerplate with these shows. Don’t bother telling an interesting story; just pummel the TV audience with a noisy song track. The sound editor should be shot! The songs were so loud in the pilot, that you could barely hear the dialogue. The music in Trueblood is inspired; in the Vampire Diaries it’s just schlock and it gets in the way.

VAMPIRE MYTHOS: There is nothing new, interesting, or particularly creative here. The Ann Rice novels are masterpieces compared to this. Twilight was vastly superior. Vampire Diaries has absolutely nothing new to say about vampires; Gilmore Girls meet the cute vamps. Ugh!

What’s truly distressing is that a network like the CW caters to the lowest possible common demoninator. If HBO can produce something so rich and appetizing, why is the CW content to feed teenagers this steady diet of trash!

I luved it! Ian is so damn hot, luved him in LOST…he was the #1 reason for me to watch this show and I absolutely luved it. Good cast, great chemistry. I luv the good and bad brothers falling in love over the same girl thing while dealing with sadness and teen angst. Nothing like True Blood, except vampires. And I luv True Blood. How is this a copycat? No way. I’m going to check out the books after the show’s over for the season. I hated Twilight, books and movie….so boring, yuk. And couldn’t get past the “glittering” in the sun thing, whatever. Vampires are supposed to burn in the sun, it’s a fact, lol On this show, a ring is worn and I like thinking at any time SOMETHING may happen to Stefan’s ring later on down the road and I luv it. Real vampires do NOT glitter! I hope this show makes it!!! It rocks.

Alright, after watching part of ‘The Vampire Diaries’, I’ve decided not to go on and read the book inside. What I found out that Elena is blond and slender. Nothing like what I seen from what I’ve seen in the TV series when I watched part of it. So I won’t be watching the TV series, since I could tell its goin to be lame. I would of rather it if they went with blonde like in the book. My opinion is if they want to get more viewers, then they should actually go by how the book’s describes the character.[ For example Elena: Cool and blond and slender, the girl every boy wanted and ever girl wanted t be, the high school senior.] Elena is basically a ‘Queen Bee’.

volleyfreak @ 10/07/2009 at 5:17 pm

I loved it!!! i watch it every Thursday i wouldn’t miss it….it does remind me of Twilight and I think that’s why I like it so much its a mini series to keep me going until the next movies are out…what is True Blood??? If I’d half too pick between Twilight and Vampire Diaries my heart would go to Edward and Bella!!!

antfigueroasilva@hotmail.com @ 10/09/2009 at 11:52 pm

This one is a good series…I thought that it was going to be just like twilight…but no way! this is the best show of vampires… I’m watching it all weeks and la trama avanza muy rapido! ;D I prefer this series… is the best!

@27: I’m sorry, but they are the hottest guys I’ve ever seen!!

@bella: For some reason, if somebody first read book, and then watch show he/she does not like the show, and contra versa. It is from my observations. I did not read books, and I am a big FUN of the show. BTW the show is based on books, and is not just copy. And Stephan in show is beautiful inside and very handsome outside! I like him very much! Both guys vamp are hot, and they doing a greit job. Stephan is good in his way, and Damon is good in his own way! Although Elena is not blond, she is just the best choice for Elena I think! Can not wait till next episode! Never missed any of them! And have rewached on CW all of six. Good Luck to all actors!

I have never seen True Blood, but Vampire Diaries is a great show for teens. They can relate to the show, obviously not with the vampire part, but with the love, school, and friend aspects. I, being a teenager, am in love with Twilight. I was disappointed with the movie and having a show to get my Twilight dose each week is very fulfilling. The story line does get old and repetitive but hopefully they change it up a bit. I hope it’s not another October Road that gets cancelled after a season with an unfinished story line.
The fact that they chose GORGEOUS characters to play these roles does make me a bit envious but hey, aren’t vampires supposed to be beautiful? ;) I am extremely jealous of Nina!
Props to the creators of this show for at least giving it a try for all the vampire-crazed people in the world. Have your opinions, yes, but don’t be rude.

@ha:

I completely agree!

@me:

hehe I understand your feelings because that was sort of how I felt at first
Im currently watching episode 8 and 9
and the show suddenly became the BEST ever

Really great show!I loved it . . .Paul Wesley(Stefan) is soooo cute!

come on ……….the vampire diaries is awsome and that damon character is simply adorable………totaly loved it

Vampire dairies lover @ 05/11/2010 at 7:21 pm

I love Vampire diaries it is an amazing show!! <3 and the book was aboulutly amazing it was very well written LOVE IT!!! :D <3333333

it´s a great show , with great caracters.
and im in the 4.8 million……
and im sorry but true blood its just porn

WOW! loved it and am definitely going to watch more.

I bought the season 1 dvd the other day and have watched almost all the episodes so far…. great show….love it

and to wicked wench this show is in no way gothic. Watch before you judge. And if you still dont like it, respect the people that do.

Way better than twilight and even true blood in my opinion and YES the books WERE published way before twilight even existed…read about 30 pages of the books and did not like them. Couldnt read much more to wait for it to get good like people say it does.

@nat:

hey you say you wont be watching the vampire diaries again after being disappointed from the premiere. I say give it 2 more episodes to reallyt pick up again….. :)

sherrymerry @ 11/09/2010 at 8:56 am

oh i am totally addicted to it
its kinda like twilight
but better becuz the cast can actually act
plus the story keeps getting better

sherrymerry @ 11/09/2010 at 9:06 am

i actually hated true blood
i found it embarrassing to watch as it was too explicit and weird acting
but thumbs up for tvd it totally rox and has a good story

I’ll watch it every day if Delena will happen :)

Vampire Diaries is AWSOME i have NEVER missed a show and i think that Damon is such a HOTTIE ! !! !

I always stayed away from vampire movies/series/books… so skipped the entire first season of TVD. Then someone told me to watch it but still not interested! A few months back I decided to give it a try. After watching the series premier still wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue watching. Anyway started watching it again a few weeks later and guess what….I spent an entire weekend watching them! I was hooked!!! Now I can’t get enough of it!