Jack Black - MTV VMAs 2009

Jack Black - MTV VMAs 2009

Jack Black makes a grand entrance complete with extra muscles and a battle axe as he arrives at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City on Sunday (September 13).

The 40-year-old funny man is promoting his new music video game Brütal Legend where Jack voices the main character Eddie Riggs.

The new video game is expected to be released on October 13 after being delayed several months.

jack black 2009 mtv vmas 01
jack black 2009 mtv vmas 02
jack black 2009 mtv vmas 03
jack black 2009 mtv vmas 04
jack black 2009 mtv vmas 05

Credit: Loccisano; Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2009 MTV VMAs, Jack Black

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

He looks ridiculous as usual.

Ehh, Im not liking this look.
Too bold for the event, not very elegant at all.
FAIL.

brush yo teefs! @ 09/13/2009 at 8:45 pm

oh yeah i forgot how all mtv related awards are just a vessel for movie plugs

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 09/13/2009 at 8:47 pm

this guy’s act is old.

i love jack!!!!

“Praying” to the dark lord satan?? Not amused. Not amused at all. Stupid and offensive. No longer a fan.

The game looks amazing, and the delays were all distributor legal battles, not design. I’m excited for it. Tenacious D is Awesome.

Chris martin @ 09/14/2009 at 12:51 am

I’m sure the writer of the article forgot to include that it’s an action/adventure video game with a metal theme, not a music video game.

He sucks. Tenacious D also sucks kak.

Concerned @ 09/14/2009 at 9:52 am

@notamused: Totally not funny, the Dark Lord, “so called” joke. Anybody notices how entertainment embraces the Occult as of late? Ironic that if he led in a prayer to God more people would have come up in arms. How blind do we choose to be?

Christians are stupid!

completely offended and not too mention a bit scared that it was not a joke at all-
i used to like jack black-but now just find him creepy.

Samuraigirllrf @ 09/14/2009 at 1:28 pm

@notamused:

I totally agree with you, I really liked jack black, especially in King Kong, but that little stunt was awful. His costume was somewhat amusing, but all the praying to lords and chanting was NOT funny. I don’t even know what to think about Jack Black now, he just disappointed me greatly.

youareallcrazy @ 09/14/2009 at 2:52 pm

WTF ? You are all crazy, people ! Not amused, OK, but offended… that’s 200% ridiculous. He’s just trying to make some buzz around Brutal Legend, the next game from the genius Tim Schaffer, in which he’s deeply involved.

Kudo’s to him

@notamused: i completely agree.

Thank you internet… I am now dumber after reading all of your comments.

JustJaredGuest @ 09/14/2009 at 5:06 pm

I don’t understand. I didn’t watch his appearance, nor have I ever been involved with this in general, so I am honestly asking: what did Jack Black do that was so bad at this event? I saw one movie with him in it — School of Rock — and remember it being quite funny, so I can only think of him in that context. I am not understanding what happened here.

He prayed to Satan in an obvious attempt to offend Christians. Hawking a heavy metal video game called Brütal Legend, asked the “Dear Dark Lord Satan” to bless the rock star nominees with “continued success in the music industry.”

LULZ you all just got trolled.

Turn my Cheek @ 09/14/2009 at 6:10 pm

@Editor:

Yeah he asked the wrong person to bless the VMAs I’m sure Michael will be happy about that. We now know why the VMAs was so messed up this year it was because of jack black!

. . . JBlack’s prayer to ‘Luke’ was jus play’n to the crowd.
It’s entertainment. But if there IS a heaven and hell ,,,
he’s screwed….bad. Make my Jack..well done, thx.
Same with GaGa…it’s a show, we watch.
Even if she does look like the merry-go-round
operator from ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’.
No one’s gonna cop that look anytime soon..!

You seriously think Jack Black worships satan? How retarded are you people? He’s used satan worship as a joke for a decade now, and you JUST noticed and even better you think he’s serious? Go kill yourselves, seriously. You are too stupid to be alive.

JustJaredGuest @ 09/14/2009 at 8:21 pm

From what I now know, it does sound like a joke-taken-too-far, with the very expected/understandable effects. I think it should be treated just like such a situation. He could loose some respect/esteem, but I really don’t know if people should stop liked him because of this one thing.

It simply reflects ongoing behavior – so why would folks be surprised? It isn’t just “one thing.”

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All