Neil Patrick Harris: Emmys Ratings Bounce Back!

Neil Patrick Harris: Emmys Ratings Bounce Back!

Host Neil Patrick Harris keeps close to longtime love David Burtka held at the 2009 Emmy Awards at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday (September 20).

The Emmy Awards averaged 13.3 million total viewers, up 1.1 million versus last year’s ratings (the least-watched Emmys ever). The LA Times even said the ceremony “should serve as a playbook for all award shows to come.” Seems like CBS will be asking NPH to host once more!

FYI: NPH is wearing Dolce&Gabbana suits in all the pics.

10+ pictures inside of Emmys couple Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka

neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 01
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 02
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 03
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 04
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 05
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 06
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 07
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 08
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 09
neil patrick harris emmys ratings rise 10

Credit: Axelle, Nikki Nelson/WENN, Robyn Beck/AFP; Photos: Bauergriffinonline, Kevin Winter/Getty
Posted to: 2009 Emmy Awards, David Burtka, Neil Patrick Harris

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

He’s perfect.

Why did he bring his boyfriend. He could’ve brought his mom or close relative. His boyfriend looks better. Two men standing beside each other looks awkward. Cute just doesn’t cut it . They have to be both goodlooking. When you are a man a goodlooking wife/girlfriend makes you look good.

Jake, that’s stupid.

He did a GREAT job. Much better than any other host I’ve seen. They better ask him back.

the_boyfriend @ 09/21/2009 at 1:22 pm

He did an awesome job!

Jake is an idiot.

Dear. H.
I didn’t mention anything about him as host, I don’t know why you would mention that. What I was talking about was why he would bring his boyfriend and take pictures with him. It makes him look like a cliche. He should’ve come solo knowing that he had nothing to prove by having his boyfriend beside him. As everyone knows to men standing beside each other doesn’t look good, esp when they are average. If they were hot it would be a different story. Why didn’t he bring his family/mom on the red carpet who gave him birth. Look at the pictures, your in denial if you think they look good. Cute maybe. But as we all know, no one wants to be cute,esp guys.

Look at the pictures guys. They are horrible (pictures, not them, I have nothing against them personally, they are probably sweet guys). And it pains me to write this, but as they say the truth will set you free. Fake Smiles. Fake Tans. Fake/Awkward Poses. Heavy Makeup. They are trying hard to be good-looking/pretty when clearly they are not. There pictures seemed forced and not natural or fluid. The fact that they are two men trying to master a couples pose (which works well for a man and a women in a relationship) makes it look fake. They could’ve just walked the red carpet separately and by themselves and they would’ve looked way better.

Jake: come out of the closet. You are obviously projecting your own misery. Bring your boyfriend to your next party and show him off. Embrace your own gayness.

NPH is so cute and talented. Doesn’t matter what team he plays on.

He took his Mom to the after parties. He has every right to bring his boyfriend when all the guys and girls bring their significant others. Who cares if they don’t look perfect in a picture? The point is you bring your significant other to these things unless you don’t have a significant other, in which case it’s OK to bring Mom.

I think “Jake” has issues.

I thought you were a perfect funny host.. Good for you Patrick.
Great job you did…

LOL gays are so nasty!!

@TR:

Why are you guys obsessed with ‘showing off’ and proving something to people at every chance you get. Sad

guilty pleasures @ 09/21/2009 at 2:45 pm

@jake:
Jake, you. are. an. idiot. I am sorry for you on so many levels .

HOT couple xD, lucky them

Cristobal @ 09/21/2009 at 2:49 pm

I like NPH he is cute.

Methinks Jake’s jealous of David Burtka.

Cristobal @ 09/21/2009 at 2:50 pm

@jake: Wow. You’re retarded and to feel sorry for you would take up too much of my time.

I guess one cannot have a democracy with gay people. It seems you cannot disagree with them. Or have a differing opinion. If someone disagrees with you guys make him/her as if though they are sick. Please don’t feel sorry for me. I am just exercising my first amendment right to free speech.

p.s, I think NPH did a great job last. So did all the people behind the scenes as well who made the show bode well in terms of organization and set design. Well done NPH and the Emmy producers and directors. A special well done has to go out to NPH though. See I can give respect where its due. You guys not so much. You guys are all one dimensional. Don’t paint me as a monster, I am not one.

missy_lee @ 09/21/2009 at 3:40 pm

Jake, everyone has the right to free speech, but no one has the right to be as judgemental as you are!
And the sad thing is that you keep posting comments to defend yourself- it just makes you look desperate.
This post is about the awesome job he did as a host, not about what he looked like standing next to HIS boyfriend.
How good they look together is not really any of your concern, considering you don’t even personally know them!

@jake:

Are you on glue or are you just dumb?

One guy gorgeous: two guys more gorgeous.

In other words, Jake, the world doesn’t revolve around you.

westward ho @ 09/21/2009 at 3:47 pm

jake — is it “showing off” when a heterosexual man brings his girlfriend or wife to this kind of show? is a woman trying to “prove” something when she brings her husband or boyfriend? my guess is that NPH brought his partner because this was a BIG, BIG deal for him, and he wanted to share it with the person he loved. if it’s not objectionable for hetero couples, why is so for gays? the attitude seems so chauvinistic.

@jake: So let me get this straight (no pun intended)… when Angelina and Brad walk down the carpet together, they are just a normal happy couple, and it’s totally cool and acceptible. But when Neil and David walk down the carpet together they are trying to hard and he should have brought his mom? Hmm… double standard much?

Next time you are being celebrated in some way, you bring your mom or sister, and not your significant other. I’ll take Neil and David any day. They’re adorable together.

Jake you ARE a friggin idiot!!! “one cannot have a democracy with gay people”??? People are disagreeing with you because you are being a homophobic a-hole. You said “two men standing beside each other looks awkward”, and according to your logic anyone, straight or gay, that doesn’t have a “hot” significant other that makes them look better should bring their mother??? like i said your a friggin idiot

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All