Sarah Michelle Gellar: Meet Charlotte Grace Prinze!

Sarah Michelle Gellar: Meet Charlotte Grace Prinze!

Sarah Michelle Gellar and husband Freddie Prinze Jr. are proud parents of a baby girl, Charlotte Grace Prinze according to People.

According to a rep for Sarah, the couple “welcomed their daughter on Saturday, Sept. 19. The family is over the moon!”

Charlotte is the first child for the couple. Freddie joins the TV drama series, 24, for the upcoming season on FOX which begins next January.

Congrats to Sarah and Freddie!

Omg a normal name! Congrats to Freddie and Sarah

p.s. 24 is on FOX not CBS

Aww, congrats to them, and it’s a really cute name. Love them !!!

congrats!! from spain!!!
Yeaaah a normal name, thats possible?¿?¿ haha
They’re a wonderful couple!1

Aww congrats thats gonna be a very pretty girl

congrats love her love him, so happy they now made a gorgeous baby

Very cute name. Congrats

i don’t even watch 24, but cbs? don’t smoke pot when u r posting, jared.

AAW! she seemed pregnant forever! so happy for them!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
just perfect

awww, i love it! i give them props for giving their child such a pretty, normal name which is unusual for hollywood couples. congrats! and i love the name charlie grace! : )

aaw congrats! that was fast lol and cute name btw

Yay, congrats to their new family member.

I thought it mught be a boy. Oh well. Charlotte’s a classic name.
Congrats Buffy.

@ #1 — Exactly what I was thinking! A normal name for a change. Pretty names, too. Cute couple. Bet their baby’s adorable too.

LittleHaze @ 09/22/2009 at 8:56 pm

Good for them and good for Charlotte. She has parents who considered whether it was worth their kid getting the crapped kicked out of her or giving her a lovely, “normal” name.
Perhaps it’s because they seem like nice, “normal” celebrities who aren’t exactly making the bucks (ala Tom Cruise, Nic Cage, etc). It’s likely that Charlotte will have to contribute to mankind eventually…unlike Suri Cruise or flippin’ Kal-El Cage who will have everything handed to them on a silver platter because people are too ignorant to realize that their parents can’t really act and keep giving them their money (not that Sarah Michelle and Freddie are Oscar worthy either). Just sayin’…

Congratulations to Sarah and Freddie !!!

A new slayer is born :)

midnytgirl @ 09/22/2009 at 8:57 pm

congrats sarah and freddie!

that’s a beautiful name and congrats to the happy couple!

congratsssss :D

andreanne @ 09/22/2009 at 9:01 pm

i love them
they are beautiful
talented
but not acting like celebrities
they seem so down to earth …
and they named their daughter with A NORMAL NAME!!!!!

Im super duper excited to see what this baby will look like!! I’ve been a fan of both them since there performance together in I Know What You Did Last Summer..which was a little more over than decade. WOW, time flies !!

Congratulations!
I’m liking the normal name :)

I couldn’t be happier. They will be AMAZING parents.
And Charlotte must be the cutest baby ever, lol!
I’m SOOOO happy for them. I have to admit I teared
up a little after hearing the news, hahaha
Sarah <3

Aww… Congrats to Sarah & Freddie. I love the name. It’s very cute and she has a normal name. Very Happy for them. Welcome Charlie!!

Cristobal @ 09/22/2009 at 9:28 pm

Finally a couple gives their child a normal name. Congrats to both Sarah and Freddie, I’ve always liked them.

ivonneosunna @ 09/22/2009 at 9:34 pm

It was about time !,
congratulations to the new family
and by the way a very nice and normal name

Congratulations to both of them! I hope they’ll both enjoy young parenthood.

They’re a beautiful couple. Congrats!!!!!

awh! that’s awesome! congrats to them.
Honestly.. That’s a gorgeous name !! i’m in love with it.. and it’s not something weird like Apple or Sparrow ..
Goodness.. I hope those parents know their kids have to grow up with that name until they reach 18 where they can finally change it haha.

but really, that’s a pretty name and i’m sure she’ll grow up to be very beautiful like her parents.

You guys are all happy because they gave their child a ‘common’ name.

You guys are dull and common. No pizazz.

#31…I don’t like common names, myself.

she shall remain nameless @ 09/22/2009 at 10:03 pm

Yes!!! I love the name Charlotte!!! It’s a beautiful yet elegant name!!! But I would’ve chosen a different middle name, since Grace is so common for it. Congrats to you both…I’m so happy for your family!!!!!! :))))

@joanne:

My thoughts exactly! A NORMAL BABY NAME!!! YEsssss! Congrats to them. It’s so awesome. I wonder when the frick Ellen Pompeo is due then? Cause she’s bigger than Sara was. It’s like she’s swallowed a beach ball. That can’t be very comfy for her slender frame. I assume Ellen is due next week. I hope she’s gonna name her little girl something normal too! I’m sick of ‘unique’ names. LOL.

To #31 & #32. I agree to a certain extent. It is one thing to have a unique name, but it is anything to have one that is crazy and outrageous. The majority of these celebrities create these names that their children will end up hating and most likely changing before they’re even 18. I had a common name, Christopher until I changed it to Cristobal granted it carries the same meaning, but it is still rare within California or even the U.S. for that matter.

Best wishes to a beautiful healthy baby with a beautiful name,(normal)
Charlotte Grace

Best wishes to her parents

(and please stay together.Thatis a normal,fun,happy thing to do as well).

What wonderful and happy news, and what a lovely choice of name! I wish them and their baby all the best, congratulations to Sarah and Freddie!

Charlotte and Grace are my two favorite names!

Congratulations to both of you .. your new bundle of joy Charlotte.. How pretty. her name is..

Congratulations on your bundle of joy!

Finally! a celebrity baby name that isnt named after fruit, a dog, or a cartoon character. Mad respect for this low key couple

I hope Freedie is in hospital with sarah and her daughter LOL

cutiepie32 @ 09/22/2009 at 10:51 pm

Aww, cute name and refreshing to see a young hollywood couple actually married BEFORE they had a child. Congrats on the new addition to your family!

cutiepie32 @ 09/22/2009 at 10:55 pm

I know it sounds silly but i thought her last name was going to be Prinze Jr. lol.

Loving the name! Congrats to Sarah and Freddie. I wish the best to them.

awe congrats <3 love them! happy to see that they are still a happy, normal couple :)

Congrats to them!

Ahhhhhhh a baby girl!

A beautiful name for I’m sure a beautiful girl
FInally, a sane couple

Congratulations Freddie & Sarah and congrats on the lovely name choice….

Congratulations!

CONGRATS!!! a great day to be born 09.19.09))))))) and very cute to have a normal human name! lucky girl :)

I’m so happy for them!! And atleast they have enough brains to call her a normal name. Congratulations to the beautiful couple!

congrats to the most wonderful couple ever!!!!
they trully deserve it

congratulations to the beautiful couple, im such a big fan or sarah

congrats to them……………….me love the name :)

Congrats to the couple, loving the name, simple and efficent :)

YAY! Its a beauitful name. Im glad they chose Charlotte its a normal name yet very beautiful.

Congratulations to sarah and freddie! normal couple with a normal baby name!!! great news

What a beautiful pretty name! Good to see some SENSIBLE celebs for a change who have CLASS.

awww what a blessing! So happy for them.

So happy for them ! Congrats from France… they’re gonna be great parents !!!

Finally! That’s great their have a baby girl and what a cute, normal name – Charlotte Grace!

FaithLynette @ 09/23/2009 at 5:10 am

*WOW*..a Hollywood couple that named their baby a ‘very pretty-ordinary-”regular/normal”-name! I WISH THEM ALL THE BEST WITH THEIR NEW BUNDLE!

greatnews @ 09/23/2009 at 5:16 am

I am so happy for them. Congrats to Sarah and Freddie. They are so down to earth and they deserve the best of eveything. And Charlotte Grace is a very pretty and classy name.

Love them, what a cute name for a little girl. IMO they were inspired by the Grimaldis who reign over the principality of Monaco since their last name is Prinze! Non? Anyway Us actress Grace Kelly became a princess when she married the sovereign Prince Rainier. And Grace Kelly’s first grand-daughter is named Charlotte, a stunning beautiful young lady who is like her mother and her grand mother all beauty and brain. It does make sense to me.

Congrats to them both on their new bundle of joy.

So cute. Just to think….you posted pics of her from Friday, the 18th, just a day before…going to pilates. Cool.

Congrats sarrah and Freddie.I really like the name Charlotte It’s so cute and Normal.I can’t wait to see her.I guess she will be beautuful as we know how beautiful her parents are.

Finally a normal name! Thank god!!

team_jen/buffy @ 09/23/2009 at 11:51 am

i agree thank god its a normal name and no suri or shiloh or something dum congrats to them both there gonna make great parents

AWWW! I have a daughter named Charlotte Grace – obviously I think it is beautiful. Congrats!

SARAH bERCAR @ 09/23/2009 at 11:57 am

Finally…. So happy for Them what a Blessing and a beatiful name … Congrats to Sarah and Freddie I love You Guys

beautiful name and one that’s it doesn’t sound all spaz

congrats sara and freddy!!!!!!!! that baby is going to be beautiful girl !!!
its good to ear a normal name for a celebrity baby
cute name =)

Congrats to the happy family, I wish them lots of joy & happiness :)
By the way, their daughter has such a pretty name, she can only be as beautiful !

I love the name. I will love SMG forever!!!!!!!!!!!

yaaay so freaking happy for them, what a beautiful classic name! its gunna be such a little cutie! cant wait for the first pics <3

Such a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl I’m sure. Congrats to the couple! I’ve loved them botch since forever and I’m sure they’re going to be amazing parents!

twpumpkin @ 09/23/2009 at 2:35 pm

One of the few classy couples in Hollywood. Congrats!

wow…didnt know celebrities were capable of giving their children a regular name that everyone can pronounce!

I am really happy for both Sarah and Freddie. Congratulations! I hope they will let us know a few details in the next days :-) and show a picture of their little miracle very soon.
I do love Charlotte Grace, ‘cos it’s an ordinary, simple and sweet name! Good choice!

i love the name!!!

i love the name!!!

finally!!!!!!!!!! congrats, so very cool :D

i always like her, him ok, congrats :)

yay!!! a normal name!! congrats for them both! I love them together since scooby doo!

A normal name it’s pretty unlike Alyson’s baby i mean she’s cute but the name satyana or whatever is a kind of strange anyway CONGRATS FREDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohh im so happy for themmm y love thar couple! i cant wait to see the first picks of the baby

SaturdayKalifornia @ 10/17/2009 at 12:54 pm

Yay a normal name. Thats going to be one extremely pretty girl

congrats!I love the name freddie and sarah gave their girl!Im also only 10 years old but i love sarah and freddie alot plus im a huge scooby doo fan so i have all the live movies with them in it plus the new one with a different cast!I give you all my best luck on being parents!

Mega congrats to them! They are one of my favorite celebrity couples because they are low key and genuinely seem to love each other. I wish them the best.

ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss

Felicidades a la pareja, kreo que fReddie será un excelente padre!!!

ILOVESARAHGELLAR! @ 04/14/2010 at 12:42 pm

Happy birthday Sarah! You’re the best actress in the world, and I love you!! Have a great birthday! :):)

PS. Cute baby! Good luck with her :)