John Mayer - 'Who Says' Lyrics

John Mayer - 'Who Says' Lyrics

John Mayer‘s new single “Who Says” has been released, off his new album, Battle Studies, out November 17.

Click inside to listen to and read the lyrics of John Mayer‘s “Who Says“…

John Mayer – “Who Says” Lyrics

Who says I can’t get stoned?
Turn off the lights and the telephone
Me and my house alone
Who says I can’t get stoned?

Who says I can’t be free?
From all of the things that I used to be
Re-write my history
Who says I can’t be free?

It’s been a long night in New York City
It’s been a long night in Baton Rouge
I don’t remember you looking any better
But then again I don’t remember you

Who says I can’t get stoned?
Call up a girl that I used to know
Fake love for an hour or so
Who says I can’t get stoned?

Who says I can’t take time?
Meet all the girls on the county line
Then wait on fate to send a sign
Who says I can’t take time?

It’s been a long night in New York City
It’s been a long night in Austin too
I don’t remember you looking any better
But then again I don’t remember you

Who says I can’t get stoned?
Plan a trip to Japan alone
Doesn’t matter if I even go
Who says I can’t get stoned?

It’s been a long night in New York City
It’s been a long time since 20 too
I don’t remember you looking any better
But then again I don’t remember you

John Mayer – “Who Says”

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
liverwurst @ 09/25/2009 at 2:04 pm

Awesome as always John, well done!

Jenny Shimizu @ 09/25/2009 at 2:05 pm

Jennifer is one lucky lady : ]

just for show @ 09/25/2009 at 2:07 pm

Dang….such a talent. I love real musicians who right their own songs. play their own instruments and sing. John does them all incredibly well.

perfect!!

abbymight @ 09/25/2009 at 2:09 pm

You can say what you want about his sense of humor, even think him a douche but FU if you try to say he isn’t one of the best musicians that ever lived. Pure genius. How many grammies now?????

Darn it I love John Mayer it’s not even funny.

please jen take him. i love his music.

but by the way i do not udnerstand what he try to say. Some thing like being free and date and freak women or for woman any freak man they want.

I love it!! I can’t wait for the album to come out in November.

#2 Yeah JA was lucky…he is way too good for her.

JenHagsSUCK @ 09/25/2009 at 2:31 pm

Who says I can’t get stoned?
Turn off the lights and the telephone
Me and my house alone
Who says I can’t get stoned?

Who says I can’t be free?
From all of the things that I used to be
Re-write my history
Who says I can’t be free?

======================================
Wow. This sounds like a not-so-coded message to someone we all know and love to ridicule. Someone who thought she could get mayer to play her game wthout her having to pay for it, not only in cash.
Hmmmmm. Whom do we know who has built herself a mansion in the hills and loves to hide out there especially after she had 2 movies bombing in a row? We also know she loves to get stoned and stay for days at a time holed up in her house.
And we know she is a slave to her past. She has a difficult time letting go. She is hung up on all the problems she had as a young person and has been in therapy for over 20 years without being able to free herself from her past.
So indeed, who says (she) cant be free from all the things she used to be/rewrite her own history, Huh? who says we ALL cant rewrite our own history? If only we have the courage to set ourselves free.
okay John, lets hope she gets your message. lol

YAY!! I love it! :-)

i think the meaing, it something feeling lonely and missing someone. and not feeling to go out. i sense he is missing jennifer aniston

I have always loved his music..

Mrs.Beady @ 09/25/2009 at 4:34 pm

Beautiful. Makes me cry :)

Hey John… I’m african-american. I always like to start sentences off with that just in case you are dreaming about me. I do not want the wrong chicken to get my goods!
OK you area sexy beast and the song is brills~luv ya!

viva la vida @ 09/25/2009 at 6:02 pm

JOHN MAYER IS BACK WITH ASTOUNDING MUSIC AS ALWAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can you tell I am excited about the new album?
I missed John the tremendously talented musician amidst all the shananigans about his personal life this past 2 years or so.

Why does he repeat so much all the time in his lyrics? It’s a bit of a bore. Other than that, can’t hate him.

I HATE JOHN MAYER. He is a selfish pig.

More of John Mayer hype. Mayer is a douche bag that need all of the fake hype to sell his rubbish. I think he is bashing Jen. Funny Jen and John use the same fake pr tricks.

I didn’t like that at all.

Shitt i am from Canada so can’t listen to John’s tune and want to so baddd.
I do think he is a douch in a lot of ways but love his music and just because i wouldn’t be the type to date him goodlooking or not doesn’t mean i won’t buy his music or go to his concerts.
I just bought my first brand new car a buick allure lsx and wanted to buy my first new CD for it so am hoping this will be the one. Love Johns blusey style.
Does anybodyy know if there any other way or place i can go to listen to this song? I know sounding desperate aye. Guess i am or i just don’t want to have to wait. I like the words and yes i do think it could be meant for the lonely gal but frankly he is better off without his mother no matter how many cutsey braides she puts in her hair.
Anyway i like the words so heres hoping John has another hit song.

Lackluster at best. Lazy, lazy writing John. Hope for your sake your album is better than this first taste. Disappointed is an understatement. You obviously are still hung up on a “Friend”.

Jeez that’s awful. His writing should be better than that.

say what you will about his paparazzi-baiting ways (he at least deals with them in his own terms), this guy is one talented musician.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All