TLC Drops Jon Gosselin, Relaunches as 'Kate Plus 8'

TLC Drops Jon Gosselin, Relaunches as 'Kate Plus 8'

TLC has decided to drop Jon Gosselin from their hit reality series Jon & Kate Plus 8. The show will be relaunched on November 2nd under the new title Kate Plus 8.

The program now include a deeper focus on Kate’s journey as a single mother. TLC will continue its exclusive relationship with Jon and he will continue to appear on the show, but on a less regular basis.

“Given the recent changes in the family dynamics, it only makes sense for us to refresh and recalibrate the program to keep pace with the family. The family has evolved and we are attempting to evolve with it; we feel that Kate’s journey really resonates with our viewers. Additionally the network is in development on a Kate project for 2010” says Eileen O’Neill, President and GM, TLC.

WILL YOU TUNE IN to watch Kate’s journey as a newly single mother raising 5 year-old sextuplets and 8 year-old twins?

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 710 » Show All
Shakirakitten @ 09/29/2009 at 11:36 am

Kate is a good mom and we’ve just about had enough of her philandering ex. Good riddance. More Kate.

The best thing to do would be to pull the plug on the whole show, and let the kids hopefully have a normal life.

Thank you TLC ! I will definitely start watching again when loser Jon is gone. Bravo TLC, bravo !

I use to really like Jon, I thought he was a good guy, but he let the fame blind him and turn into a jerk. I didnt like or dislike Kate but now I think I going towards like more because she has shown herself to have grace and class and also be a strong woman. Jon could have won if he didnt act like a ass but he wanted the spot like and lost everything. I wont watch but I am happy she is getting the show.

I will definately tune in if Jon is not on the show. Who wants to watch him act like an ass all the time. Can’t stand him.

Pathetic no-talent witch @ 09/29/2009 at 11:48 am

Kate’s “journey” hahahaaaaaaa- to make as much money and gain as much attention for herself as she can at the expense of those little moneymakers she brought on to this earth. Disgusting !!! as are her sub-moronic fans.

Bostongirl @ 09/29/2009 at 11:48 am

Great Idea TLC!!! Kate is the reason I continue to watch the show, and I look forward to watching her journey continue. Watching Jon on the show was becoming more and more painful as time goes on, he was not even listen to what his kids are saying. And although they haven’t mentioned it, I like the focus on Kate over even the kids as it allows the kids to just be kids with cameras around.

Can’t wait for November 2nd!!

Definitely not!! Show went to **** a ways back. Time to move on…. Cancel the show

Its too hard to watch with Jon on the show, so I’m very happy he and his douchyness will be moving on. I can watch again without getting the dry heaves/

Yea,…. having only one pimping parent on the show changes everything !, Bwahahahaaa……zzzzzzzzzzzzzz….now failure can be all Kate’s.

cutiemcfreckles @ 09/29/2009 at 11:57 am

this is a great improvement! I believe kate is a good mom.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YESSSS!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
YESSSS!!

Are they gonna make the kids say “On this episode of KATE PLUS EIGHT” now?? How sad and traumatizing for the children…

goodness gracious. why can’t they just cancel the show already. this just shows that Kate isn’t ready to give up the spotlight and continue to exploit her kids

Both Jon and Kate are attention-seeking people who have put money and fame above the interests of their children. I’m so glad that the ratings for the show have tanked this season. I’m betting the new version of the show will be more of the same. They should just pull the plug and let these kids be. But, oh wait, Kate wants to milk it for every penny she can get! Whatever.

I hpoe this is true! Jon has shown himself to be a true loser and will be broke in less than a year.

kate plus 8 plus jon @ 09/29/2009 at 12:04 pm

Why change the name of the show if Jon is on it.. that is stupid or what..
Have to laugh when you see in print Exclusive..what is the tabloids have more on him ….

the end is near, ………………………………….. I saw a bit of one of the shows the other night, the girls were talking on the couch, TLC, really don’t need Kate either, think about THE 8, on their own, I’d watch that.

What world does Eileen O’Neill live in? Kate Gosselin does not “resonate” with anyone. The ratings for this show have dropped like a bomb since it’s been all about Kate. And TLC is coming up with something just Kate? Are Eileen and Kate having a fling or something?

gravytrain @ 09/29/2009 at 12:08 pm

I stopped watching the show long ago because of Kate… I couldn’t take her nag, nag, nagging… she reminded me of the dad from OC Choppers & why I stopped watching that show also. TLC needs to cancel the show altogether…PERIOD! Imagine the questions those kids are going to have… Mommy, why isn’t Daddy on the show anymore also? I don’t care for Kate, she may think she has the kids best intentions at heart but in reality money is ruling her decisions. They have made more than enough for college and royalties they get/will get from their books & videos. Is Jon making stupid decisions as far as his personal life?.. Absolutely! But he is a good Dad and maybe in the end him being off the show will be the best for the kids. At least they will have a relationship with ONE parent that doesn’t have the cameras around constantly. Also, I would imagine that he would need to give his consent for HIS children to be filmed even if he is not on the show given he is their parent also and he may end up having the last laugh.

I was hoping they would just cancel the show.

I smell big stinky bomb as the universally disliked Kate stumbles and falls in her already played-out stale storyline of a show about a mother who had children for what they would bring to her, instead of the other way around – natures way; to nurture and give way to your children. phewwww

No, I will not tune in..who wants to watch Kate do nothing except be a selfish Mother who will not let her kids live in peace? Not me and not a lot of people will. Just admit it. The show is OVER! GO AWAY KATE!

same old show with Kate’s monotone narration and boring story lines ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzzz z z z z z z z z z z

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 710 » Show All