Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

David Letterman Admits Affair, Faced Extortion Plot

David Letterman Admits Affair, Faced Extortion Plot

David Letterman admitted on Thursday that he had sexual relations with female members of his staff and was the victim of a $2 million extortion attempt because of it.

Here’s what the 62-year-old star said on Thursday’s Late Show:

On giving a testimony: “This morning, I did something I’ve never done in my life. I had to go downtown and testify before a grand jury.”

On admitting to engaging in sexual relationships with staff members: “My response to that is, yes I have. Would it be embarrassing if it were made public? Perhaps it would.”

On why he testified: “I feel like I need to protect these people – I need to certainly protect my family.”

With the help of the Manhattan District Attorney’s Special Prosecution Bureau, Letterman participated in a sting operation that included David handing a counterfeit $2 million check to the extortionist, who was arrested on Thursday.

Letterman married longtime girlfriend Regina Lasko in March (they’ve been dating since 1986). They have a son, Harry, who turns 6 next month.

UPDATE: Robert Halderman, a producer for CBS, has been arrested for extorting Letterman. Radar reports he lived with the woman who Letterman was involved with. The affair happened before his son was born but Letterman was living with his wife-to-be at the time.

David Letterman Admits Affair, Faced Extortion Plot

• Mandy Moore has a zoo of pets at her home- US Weekly
  • NBA player Paul George suffers horrific leg injury during a game- TMZ
  • Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy have split after five years- Gossip Cop
  • Watch Ella Henderson sing her latest single 'Ghost'- Just Jared Jr
  • Peter MacNicol will be a series regular on CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Kelly Ripa rocks a really short pair of spandex shorts for a workout- Huffington Post
  • Oscar Isaac will star in the upcoming film Show Me A Hero- Lainey Gossip
  • James Lafferty will star in Waffle Street- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Karina Jelinek and Paz Cornu shows off their bikini bodies on the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Show All

I’m glad he didn’t succumb to the blackmail. There are very few men (and women) in Hollywood/celebs, sports etc. that haven’t cheated on their spouse or companion. If you think that is a false statement, you are very naive. The saddest part of cheating is when the spouse actually thinks his/her companion is being faithful. However, most of the sports wives and hollywood wives know if they want to maintain their lifestyle then cheating is part of it.
So I wouldn’t feel to sorry for anyone in this mess. David Letterman has a good reputation as a boss. What would be surprising is if he coerced the women into sex.

With several of his staff members?!? WTF Dave Letterman.

Karma is a BEAUTIFUL thing!

DallasDude @ 10/02/2009 at 12:22 am

The difference b/w Letterman and Palin is simple: he was not running for public office on a platform that enforced “moral standards” as set by some Middle-Age thinking. I don’t want my leaders preaching to me my moral code. As for entertainers, I could care less what they did in their private life as long as it’s not criminal.

DAve had sex @ 10/02/2009 at 12:23 am

Film @ 11.

2 adults, not like he screwed a 13 year old.

We don’t know if he “cheated” on his girlfriend. We don’t know what their relationship was before Harry was born. Most people wouldn’t even been able to name Harry’s mom before or know that Dave had a long time girlfriend.

Whatever the relationship was; ended years ago.

The only further discussion of the subject should be between the DA charging the guy for blackmail, between Dave and his wife, and maybe his current staff. Other than that…………his show doesn’t need to be canceled, Dave fired, or anything like that.

Good on David for exposing the ******* that tried to extort money from him. That’s worse than anything David did. And people, it’s not just celebrities that get themselves into extra-relationship..uh …relationships…it happens to the regular guys and gals, too. And most times, the significant other is the very last to know, so I wouldn’t go feeling too smug about myself. Tomorrow is another day, another opportunity for anything to happen.

i kinda always thought david was cute in a weird way. and he is funny as heck. he was involved with his wife for years – living together – before he married her. these things happen. i commend him for talking about it on his show. i still watch only your late night show david. ur funny but yes, you have been a bad boy ..tsk tsk tsk!

… While he was doing that he called Angie a homewrecker.LMAO what dirty old man. Oprha a cheater he a cheater…but they call people names…..Bhahahahahahahhahah

Let they who are without any sin cast the first stone. Dave was being attacked by an extortionist and did the only thing he could- turn him in. What was Robert thinking- that he was going to get away clean with $2Million.. seriously?! An Indian Chief once told my unruly little brother- and it stuck with me as words of wisdom do- “If you’re gonna be dum, you better be tough.” It was direct and succinct, commanding due respect. I say bravo Dave! Robert woke a sleeping dog and it bit him- tragic, but he was greedy and blackmailing; the joke is on him… Of course, it’ll be less difficult to convince Jay Leno, Conan O’Brien or Bill Maher of this than the ex employee girlfriend. As the saying goes everywhere, all’s fair in Love & War… tuff bananas!

karma eating Polanski and now Letterman(comeuppance for how he treated Palin)….beware perverted Hollywood condoning all this

Lowest denominator @ 10/02/2009 at 12:50 am

I only watch Letterman for particular guests, not him, but —

If we’re gonna start banning/boycotting/firing celebrities who lie/cheat then Hollywood is going to become a GHOST TOWN.

Only adults are involved (no kids ruined, no vows betrayed), no other lawsuits so far, so like stated before — unless it gets more lurid, then duly noted, moving on…

This is Mrs. Letterman’s worry, not mine. The wife, not his mom.

This buffoon had several affairs, not just one. While living with his girlfriend I might add. What an a$$. Guess Palin is having a good laugh. I know I would.

Chuckie babby @ 10/02/2009 at 1:19 am

I hope people now make jokes about him and his faimily as he has done to others. Freakin hypocrite; he’s got skeletons too. I guess everybody else is messed up, but him….no of course not. Love to see him squirm. Everybody just clapped for his affair though. Makes me wonder about folks.

gross. i always knew david letterman was a sleazy a-hole. but wow that is some serious drama… sounds like something right out of a soap opera.

@Jill: I believe it’s: “You don’t s.h.i.t. on your own doorstep.

Chuckie babby @ 10/02/2009 at 1:22 am

Yes, DallasDude….nobody said it was rape. But he was invloved with the now mother of his child and wife at the time of the affair. Not a wonderful thing that he did.

This made me lose all respect for him and see him in a completely different light.

Dave has made so much fun of A-Rod’s divorce and relationships and the Palin’s CHILD. Now David has to admit he is a dirty old man. RETIRE DAVE and quit sleeping with the help. Joy, don’t let Regis play with David anymore!!!!

so this is why he married. guilt. jerk.

groundcontrol @ 10/02/2009 at 1:38 am

It’s just sex. He didn’t rob a bank or cut someone’s arm off.
Sex makes the world go round. It’s as natural as breathing. I’m laughing at the tsk tskers. I never understand why anyone things they have right to discuss someone else’s sex life. Why do they even care?

Monogamy is not natural. When will the rest of the planet accept this and allow polygamous bestial intermarriage/breeding between men, women and animals? . It seems here in Wales, we are very culturally progressive. Catch up world.

good 4 letterman @ 10/02/2009 at 1:49 am

glad they arrested the blackmailer. that guy must’ve been desperate to blackmail letterman on something that happened years ago (before the birth of his son). he didn’t have to admit to the affairs but at least he’s man enough to do so. kudos for that.

I think that nearly every man in Hollywood cheats. It’s as normal and natural as breathing to them.

The least he could have done though was to pay the $2mill to spare his wife this public humiliation. I hope she goes out on HUGE shopping spree. Or, even better, hire a cute pool boy. She deserves to fool around a bit.

David has been single for years Yes, he was living with his girlfriend at the time but who knows the true story on that, maybe they weren’t getting along or she wasn’t even there in the house the entire time. Dave is a guy and guys see things differently than women. I still like him and think he is funny. The guy who tried to extort him is the jerk & now he’s the one sitting behind bars & will have his career destroyed & all for being greedy and stupid!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Show All