Daniel Radcliffe's New Broadway Musical: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying!

Daniel Radcliffe will star in the Broadway musical, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, in Spring 2011.

According to Variety, the show “chronicles the rise of a crafty window cleaner as he follows the advice of a self-help manual to connive his way up through the ranks of the World Wide Wickets Co. and get the girl in the process.”

The 20-year-old British actor made his Broadway debut in the 2008 revival of the play Equus.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Daniel Radcliffe in a musical — YAY or NAY?

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
moony_aragorn @ 10/09/2009 at 7:40 am

YAY! Looking forward to it but I know I won’t be able to see it live.

YAY! YAY!

i’m definitely gonna wait for daniel’s new stage work…

Nay.
he can’t act!

Nay!
He cant act.

Nippleston @ 10/09/2009 at 8:27 am

Robert Pattenson is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hotter than him.

That boy has so much drive!! He really pushes himself and puts himself out there. I know some people dont like him, but i personally admire him for all his effort in trying to work at his art. He has improved so much with his acting throughout the Potter films, and having seen him in Equus in London, its clear to see that that boy belongs on stage!! He has so much presence!
I wish him all the luck in the world, and assuming this is true, and that it does go ahead, It hink he is proving that he is worth far more than a pair of glasses!

Yay!!

I saw him in Equus….he was amazing. He has a very special quality about him….I think he’s going to be a very major movie star for as long as he wants to be. Tremendous actor, polite young man, and incredibly handsome. Good luck to him!

Yay!!

He looks like a Ventriloquist dummy in that picture.. Talk about creeepy!!

I’m so excited!!!!!!!

En(e)ma Wattsun @ 10/09/2009 at 11:59 am

Trannydan has been studying singing they say, so it must have been in preparation for something like this. He can be very funny as he was in Extras as the horney Boy Scout. He’ll have to Americanize his speech. How it will play I can’t predict. When he began what was special about him was his naive diffidence and shy charm. That’s all gone now, so he needs to find something else. Remains to be seen. I hope it isn’t a flop. That would be sad.

Wasn’t that revival on Broadway not long ago with Matthew Broderick? Why not another musical?

i’m not a fan of musicals (or HP movies for that matter), but i guess it’s a good decision for him to do theater instead of motion picture for awhile. that way when he returns to the silver screen he’ll have a chance of being viewed as something more than just the guy who played harry potter. same thing with emma watson going to college.

En(e)ma Wattsun @ 10/09/2009 at 2:14 pm

From what I read he has not gotten the part yet. He will be “reading” for it along with others and somebody else might be chosen. From now on I think he will be in competition for roles with other people. Not quite so easy in the future as just one Potter after another.

sweetness @ 10/09/2009 at 2:26 pm

if they must revised this musical his name attached to it will bring audiences….he definitely does not need to work again as an actor since he is mega rich….but since he can do whatever he wants…why chose that musical…it’s so outdated.

En(e)ma Wattsun @ 10/09/2009 at 2:29 pm

Robert Morse created the role on Broadway. He was a pretty good comic, sly and cute. The show was well written and a great success. I suspect Trannydan might be very good in the part. He can do comedy very well (Extras) and can be sly and cute too. I’d rather like to see him in it. His age is right and the fact that he is a midget won’t hurt. This is not a great romantic part.

Ms. g:

The Brodderick revival was in 1995. I think 15 years is enough time to pass between revivals. I’m honestly not a fan of Radcliffe, but this seems like a perfect fit for him (provided he can sing).

From what he said in Esquire, he has been taking ballet lessons and now I guess singing lessons as well. Good job Dan. I hope to go see it.

he’s wrong and a bit too young for the lead role, that’s for sure.

I can’t wait to see it!!! I hope this is true! Dan is such a talented young actor and he will DEFINITELY do the role justice!! So exciting!! He’s so HOT!! :D

@jamie:

He’s 20 years old. That’s not too young.

@En(e)ma Wattsun:

He has gotten the role.
He’s the only one that they’ve cast.
They’re doing a reading so that they can fill all the other roles to see who fits better with dan.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All