Angelina Jolie Replaces Charlize Theron as 'Tourist'

Angelina Jolie Replaces Charlize Theron as 'Tourist'

Angelina Jolie is in talks to replace Charlize Theron in the thriller The Tourist.

THR is reporting Charlize dropped out after being attached to the project for a long time. Producers are now looking to find a director to helm the movie.

The Tourist is about an Interpol agent (Jolie) in Europe who manipulates an American tourist (Sam Worthington) in an attempt to flush out an elusive criminal who was her former lover.

Aussie Sam, 33, has been much buzzed about since Terminator Salvation. He next stars in James Cameron’s Avatar, out in December.

Sam and Angie? Um, HOT!

Just Jared on Facebook
Credit: Axelle; Photos: Bauergriffinonline
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron

Getty
  • Dick Van Dyke has doubts about Mary Poppins sequel - US Weekly
  • Blac Chyna reveals why she leaked Rob Kardashian's number - TMZ
  • Fans react to Lady Gaga's Super Bowl show reveal - Gossip Cop
  • Cody Simpson is showing off his ripped muscles - Just Jared Jr
  • Kim Kardashian wears a barely there dress - Radar
  • The royal family has never looked cuter - Lainey Gossip
  • Celebs are getting rich off fan conventions - The Hollywood Reporter
  • passby

The haters are just mad because Maniston is never consider for a role that has anything to do with drama, action, thriller…except Maniston gets to play Rachel and Rachel and Rachel and Rachel…get my drift….maniston is very limited in her acting skills. I am sorry but your idol is just Rachel Green on every silly rom-com she plays. Quess what, she can’t continue to do this type of movie much longer because no one wants to see an aging TV girl doing the same movie while you can get Friends reruns.

• Gracie

# 217 dawne @ 10/12/2009 at 11:25 am @hmm:

Angie, unlike yourself, is self-actualized. Being good at one thing does not preclude her from exceling in many other things.

Angie is SMART, BRAVE, PHILANTHROPIC, TALENTED, HUMBLE, ORGANIZED AND FAMILY CENTRED; IN ADDITION TO BEING THE MOST FAMOUS FEMALE CELEBRITY IN THE WORLD.

She doesn’t spend her free time working with hair stylists, yoga instructors and female enablers.

She ‘acts’ because she is great at it and enjoys being part of a fun or meaningful movie.

She is avidly interested in world affairs as it affects the disenfranchised; ‘ particularly children and refugee families. As a UNHCR amassador she travels extensively.

She flies her own plane. She rides motorcycles and four wheelers

She has dreams to fly across the Sahara Desert.

She is a voracious reader and is well informed as she sits on the Council of Foreign Relations.

She spends quality time with all her SIX children every day even when she is filming.

She is the desirable partner of a very self-actualized man who shares her smarts, talent, family devotion, global interests and philantthropy.

She is on the speed dial list of Queens and Presidents, but is more charmed by the paupers.

She is admired for her professionalism, beauty, sweetness and talent by her peers and directors.

Angie does not conform to HW’s perception of sexy. She dresses classically without parading the t&a like so many other women who rely on this to garner attention.

Angie, as Brad has said, has no boss……….or publicist.

Angie, for being such a mega star, does not attach her identity to such frivolousness. She lives a life of real purpose and deep convictions, none of which are centred on her stardom.

So, maybe your ‘one trick pony, no talent, insecure, middle aged t.v. star alum couldn’t chew gum and walk, but Angie can. So don’t worry about her multi-tasking. She is capable of doing it all and doing it well and that is why she is so admired. So don’t project your personal limitations on this iconic woman.

====================

Dawne, great post. One of the best i’ve read today.

• love Angelina

I’d advise loves it to sit herself back down on her pee stained chair because it isn’t going to happen now or never. Do you loones really believe Brad will stoop low enough to be with that shallow piece of sh** Jen? Really? I have no doubt what so ever she’d hurt one of his biological children out of jealousy.

• an oldie

Credit bdj, from JJB
    BDJ commentary: With all the ole plant, bait and deny noise Huvane did for Shit Happens launched overseas, you would expect it to do better. When “Fame” beats you, you need to go back to TV. Preferably the Oxygen Network. I guess the fat whiny hens at female First were too busy stalking Mama Angie and could not be bothered.

Every weekend, a new 3D milestone is established. Pixar obliterated any possible competition with the release of UP, taking more than the rest of the Top 10 put together. Of the nearly £6.5 million, £4.1 million was in 3D. Cinemas across the country were rushing to fit 3D equipment in advance of the release, for a total of 260 different cinemas. New entry ZOMBIELAND landed in number 3, with Ricky Gervais hanging on for dear life at the runner up place. Here’s the numbers:

1-UP (£6,411,836)
    2-THE INVENTION OF LYING (£1,038,758)
    3-ZOMBIELAND (£945,256)
    4-FAME (£906,877)
    5-LOVE HAPPENS (£558,361)
    6-HALLOWEEN II (£522,261)
    7-CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS (£352,563)
    8-SURROGATES (£324,779)
    9-DISTRICT 9 (£214,396)
    10-500 DAYS OF SUMMER (£125,107
    ==================

Only #5? TopBrit aka Liverwurst, where were you? Maniston wants to know. Probably at home blogging hate on Angelina instead of at the movie theaters having orgasms watching your idol perform. Hahahaha.

• Loves it

@love Angelina: Well, My chair isn’t pee stained and I would bet some heavy green on Angie cheating with her next leading gentlemen IF the movie has any love story to it. THE NEXT MOVIE ANGIE DOES WHERE SHE HAS TO ACT LIKE SHE’S IN LOVE WITH HER CO-STAR IS THE END OF BRANGELINA! Heavy green.

• huh

@Loves it:
    It ain’t gonna happen. Go scream at ocean as you have done it for five years. LMAO.

• mamma mia

Every time when Brad works with beautiful women and Angie works with hot men, the haters wet their panties. Too bad, nothing goes to the haters’ way.

• Loves it

well @ 10/12/2009 at 1:50 pm

@Loves it:
    Angelina is not stupid. From Brad Pitt to anyone is a downgrade. Just ask Maniston.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/10/11/angelina-jolie-replaces-charlize-theron-as-touristangelina-jolie-charlize-theron-the-tourist/comment-page-10/#comments#ixzz0TkOLpy3W
    ================
    Oh please! You are right about Angie. Angie will not pine over rotten D*CK ( as lainey calls it) when she’s done with Brad Pitt she’ll be DONE for good. As the saying goes there’s Plenty of Men in the sea and the chicks that think Brad is the only or best man out there are just insane and fat/desperate . Pitt is nothing special and Angie’s skinny appearance is proof of that. Angie has looked thinner and unhappier since being with Pitt. FACT! so what is so great about him? Oh that’s right, it’s his status as an A lister (even though he can’t act) … But guess what? Angie was already on the A list before she met Pitt. Angie is Hollwood Royalty without Pitt so she doesn’t need him for that. He’s done nothing for her career. His sure does seem better now though, doesn’t it? He’s not doing cheesy pieces of shiiit like TROY… his acting hasn’t improved much though. Shame he gets the good roles with his little acting talent.

• Klaus

Who carez aboutz Hollyvood and it’s ozther top nine paid dogz….It’s ANGIE againzt ZA VERLD AAAAA HAHAHAhaaaaa !!!

• the real lou

# 235 He’s not good @ 10/12/2009 at 1:17 pm

# 236 Loves it @ 10/12/2009 at 1:20 pm

# 237 Loves it @ 10/12/2009 at 1:25 pm

# 241 Loves it @ 10/12/2009 at 1:34 pm

# 255 Loves it @ 10/12/2009 at 2:21 pm

************************************************************
    Why does ANYONE waste time conversing with this name changing moron?Why she even bother with these ridiculous name changes is beyond me.The sheer INSANITY of her BS rants give her away every time.

• Neil

@Loves it:

You are delusional. I suppose that is the reason why people like you are unable to learn? What utter nonsense!

• ManLESSton, I likely

manlesston jr @ 10/12/2009 at 6:47 am
    @mslewis: you are so right! thought she was going to be with her children?
    ===========
    Sorry gals. This is the same stalker that has been trolling and following all my posts on the Butler thread. The idiot even agrees with herself post after post after post.
    The funny things is, this stalker must be on these threads 24/7 because I will be away for hours sometimes a day at a time and the second I post, there she is. I am starting to feel like a star. Jill and PT, I guess I am now a member of your club because my little stalker is dancing from thread to thread looking for me. What a waste of her life.

• the real lou

# 258 Loves it @ 10/12/2009 at 2:29 pm ….Damn,this post is even CRAZIER than her previous 5 delusional rants.(shaking head)

• huh

Assley is a psychopath. She loves making a fool of herself. She is our resident laughing stock.

• pokeman

as much as MANiston’s fans (only 4 Bet, Ellie, Jade & Sally) claim that they love her and elongated chin MANiston #1 fan they are no where to be found on her thread. Ellie would rather be here posting than her idol’s thread. it has been 3 hrs and no one posted on her boring thread. the last poster was a hater. poor MANiston. even her own fans don’t have much to say about her except the same boring sh!t (i.e she is beautiful, she has nice body, she looks young, blah, blah, blah)

• lmao

Why all the hate on Jen, this thread has nothing to do with her. Jen is a wonderful human being and I’m sure she could give two sh*ts less about this role and about Brad and Angie. She has her own life and seems very happy. And she surely would not want all the baggage Brad has now. And Gracie we could do with out a full novel on why Angie is the best , if she is the best then why the need to explain when we should already know?! Just saying :)

• the real lou

OK,I’m done feeding the animal.This sh*t is getting boring and LAME to say the least.Every time Angelina or Brad are connected to a new film….the haters cook up these mental ass scenarios of what will happen with potential co-stars.(eyes roll)Any REAL fan of Angelina or Brad knows these people are VERY monogamous and don’t play that sh*t.And don’t try to whip out the situation with X.Angelina did not become involved with Brad until after his divorce was filed.

• the real lou

# 266 lmao @ 10/12/2009 at 2:50 pm….Well I hope you ask the same question regrading Angelina on the Jen thread.Just saying.BTW, 6 beautiful children and a loving partner is NOT baggage.

• cj

Here’s another comment about Jen from Ben’s article:

From “What tripe!”

She plays the same dull character over and over. That’s not acting.

• pokeman

Gracie @ 10/12/2009 at 1:52 pm Angie hasn’t even confirmed she is doing the movie and the trolls are aready losing their minds, what will they do when it’s confimed —- throw themselves under moving trucks?

_________________________________
    i would prefer them to slit their throats or wrists. wouldn’ that be nice.

• cj

Here’s another comment about Jen from Ben’s article:
    From “What tripe!”

I’m sorry, Ben this article is terrible! WHY do we keep giving Aniston SO MANY chances? She’s like the slow learner of the class, and everyone is like “thata girl, just keep going!” How insulting! Hasn’t she proven that she has ZERO range? And, she can’t even bother to change her voice, her looks, or her facial tics for a new role? She plays the same dull character over and over. That’s not acting. So, we have to give her chance after chance because we feel SORRY for her??? That’s the lamest thing I’ve ever heard. Feeling sorry for a woman who has millions upon millions of dollars and never has to work? Gee, I think I’ll save my sympathy for the people of New Orleans still living in trailers and dodgin’ bullets, thank you. Or, the poor people who are being “down-sized” and have families to support. I don’t understand WHY people sympathize with her? It’s NOT like they REALLY know her? For all you know, she could be a brat. Who knows? But, what I do know, is that she’s not that talented, she uses the media for constant pr, and she loves to see her face in the spotlight. Has she ever turned a magazine cover, or said NO to an interview? She’s ALWAYS in our face! These are NOT admirable qualities. I don’t find her a good role model and I feel sorry for those that do. And, no amount of “poor Jen” pity points can make me see one her horrible movies. Sorry, I say we stop giving this bad actress chances, turn off the pity faucet, and start giving more talented woman the roles that she’s hogging up. Sorry Jen, your turn is over, who’s NEXT? I much prefer Rachel McAdams, Kristen Bell, Anna Faris, Sandra Bullock, Zoey Deschanel, etc. And, they don’t use the poor-me, pity angle to get people to watch their movies. They have more class and talent than that.

• inshuk

thanks for the info on the tourist scottish hautness. i was wondering if the ” tourist” is one part SEDUCTION and one part ACTION , i can’t imagine anybody in this except angelina jolie. while some other stars has to try really hard to look seductive with the body scheming or almost half-naked outfit, but LA JOLIE don’t need much of anything other than let her highly expressive La face do the seduction play or they simply say , COME HITHER FACE. i think charlize wil do alright in this move but the role screams angelina jolie. i believe she is only woman today ,who can give perfect justice for this role. angelina has a seductive face plus very feminine,graceful; yet fierce,tough,athletic,aggressive,fast and agile like a cheetah . well ,i would say she is a cross between the gracefully speedy cheetah and a regal looking tiger.by the way , is this sam worthington guy, the one i seen in one cover magazine where in his interview ,he cusses 98% of the time and reminds me of female version of megan fox. yes he is hot looking but i am not sure whe open his mouth interviews. just like fox he kind of badmouth a director. i just hope he smarten up and behave like a professional to gain respects.

• ManLESSton, I likely

@lmao: I’m glad someone believes Nippy is past it. But I don’t believe it for a second. She rolled out the crocodile tears and then spoke about it at her premiere of Sh!t Happens. She cried to Butler on the set of the Bounty because the scene had her thinking of Brad and she broke down in tears. She said it in an interview on the Red Carpet. Puleeeze.
    Nippy lives for all things Brangelina. And don’t think for a second that she isn’t jealous as hell that these kind of parts aren’t being offered to her.
    Now I’m LMAO at you.

• an oldie

@cj:
    I love that post. Do you have a link? I love another blogger’s way of putting it: “We don’t owe JA a movie career”. LOL.

• Loves it

What is so crazy about stating FACTS! it is highly doubtful that Angelina is going to react the same way one of YOU would if her relationship with Pitty ends. The way Aniston handled her divorce is the same way any of you Brad Pitt obsessed hens would act. Cry me a river. That’s why you continue to harp on Maniston not being able to get over Pitty …because none of you would get over him. I bet she is waaaay over him by now but you continue to act like she’s still crying about it. Angelina is A list she is considered Hollywood Royalty because of her Father. Those are facts.

• ManLESSton, I likely

I believe that Charlize is a beautiful woman. In that perfume commercial where is she walking towards the camera dropping her clothes, she is breathtaking. The problem is she doesn’t connect with the audience. Every time the commercial is on my hubby calls her the “hottest ice queen” he has ever seen. I think that is typical of her on screen also. Just beautiful but unapproachable.
    Now Angie is a whole different story. Her appeal is she has a warmth to her that is undeniable to go with her beauty. Again depending on how the role is written, maybe Angie would be the better choice. We’ll see…

• tabloids

@ManLESSton, I likely: you read that in tabloids.

• pokeman

the real lou @ 10/12/2009 at 2:54 pm

I was goin to respond to LMAO but guess you beat me to it.

• ManLESSton, I likely

@tabloids: Bullsh!t. It is on video at x17online.com. Go see for yourself idiot.

• nina

cj @ 10/12/2009 at 2:57 pm

Here’s another comment about Jen from Ben’s article:

From “What tripe!”

She plays the same dull character over and over. That’s not acting.
    Feeling sorry for a woman who has millions upon millions of dollars and never has to work? Gee, I think I’ll save my sympathy for the people of New Orleans still living in trailers and dodgin’ bullets, thank you. Or, the poor people who are being “down-sized” and have families to support. I don’t understand WHY people sympathize with her? It’s NOT like they REALLY know her? For all you know, she could be a brat. Who knows? But, what I do know, is that she’s not that talented, she uses the media for constant pr, and she loves to see her face in the spotlight Has she ever turned a magazine cover, or said NO to an interview? She’s ALWAYS in our face! These are NOT admirable qualities. I don’t find her a good role model and I feel sorry for those that do. And, no amount of “poor Jen” pity points can make me see one her horrible movies. Sorry, I say we stop giving this bad actress chances, turn off the pity faucet, and start giving more talented woman the roles that she’s hogging up. Sorry Jen, your turn is over, who’s NEXT? I much prefer Rachel McAdams, Kristen Bell, Anna Faris, Sandra Bullock, Zoey Deschanel, etc. And, they don’t use the poor-me, pity angle to get people to watch their movies.They have more class and talent than that.
    ++++++++++++
    ITA.

• CLINIQUA

Um, ‘loves it,’ are you forgetting Angelina’s incredibly hot snog with James McAvoy, who’s quite scrumptious himself, and also her kisses and love scenes w/ Matt Damon also, a major hottie in my book. You act like this will be the first hot scene she’s done – hahaha, my the fanistons and haters have horrid short term memories don’t they??!!
    Or maybe it’s just early dementia – they are all probably post-menopausal, like their idol. Heh-heh.
    Look, Angie was working with both of these hotties on set, all day, every day WHILE she was with Brad the man, and even had tabloids trying to stir up sh*t (one of rags put her snog with McAvoy on the cover trying to infer she’d leave Brad for James…AHAHAHAHAHA!!)…
    ….the lame sensationalistic media pounced on her with questions as to their kissing technique and feelings for these leading men, trying to stir up an Angie femme fatale scandal — to which she always brought it back to her man and soulmate William Bradley Pitt, and let everyone know who ruled her world (re McAvoy, she said: I will always much more prefer rolling around on the floor with Brad than anyone else, and re Damon, had to tell Sawyer “one is my love, and one is my friend,’ since the old bitty tried to make inferences like the old jealous cat she is. Hahahaha!!)
    Sorry, go bark up some other tree, namely the one that likes getting pizzed on, Maniston…she’s the one who bribes and begs her male co-stars to fck her for a steak dinner, photo-op, and cover story on OuttaTouch…
    Angelina, however, is always making her soulmate for life Brad feel like a KING – in the media and press, and of course out of it, at home.

• tabloids

@ManLESSton, I likely: so she said she’s not over Brad Pitt and cried about him to Gerard on x17 video? sure she did.

• bdj

Deja vu Ashy troll. Just go look up your posts regarding Natalie Portman, goopy Fishstick, myboo Gerry, Diane K, the red headed girl in Benjamin Button, Cate B in Babel, James McAvoy in Wanted. 5 years later and 10 paid PR romances of Whiny, you are still whining and crying. Shiloh will be in high school, Jen on her 6th plastic surgery, 7th lame rom com box office bomb and you in a mental ward still ranting and raving on Just Jared.

• Loves it

@CLINIQUA: Those were not proper love scenes. She kissed James once and the love scene with Matt Damon doesn’t count because she was already pregnant or her relationship with Pitt was just getting serious. Plus, the movies were not romantic love story type of movies. You know exactly what I meant by loves scenes and love story. This Tourist sounds like there might be some love connection between the two leads. :)

• http://justjared.com Ms.JOLIE4ever!

No stranger to action-heavy roles, “The Tourist” should be more “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” than “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.” Thankfully. And who wouldn’t rather see Jolie as a sexy globo-cop than Charlize Theron who, after “Aeon Flux” and “Hancock,” has yet to show herself worthy of action roles?

• the real lou

# 275 Loves it @ 10/12/2009 at 3:16 pm …..Facts?What facts?Your dumb ass,ignorant,delusional rants consist of…..”I bet” “I think” which equals a whole lot of NOTHING.You are projecting what YOU want to happen which amounts to a hill of beans.I done,you are far too STUPID to converse with.

• ManLESSton, I likely

@tabloids: The interview is from the Red Carpet of Sh!t Happens and she tells that story of crying to Butler about Brad on the set of the Bounty. Go look it up fvcktard. Or does someone have to post the link for your lazy a$$. Go ahead and try and prove me wrong.

• tabloids

@ManLESSton, I likely: yes, you should post the link because I don’t believe you for one second. that would have been all over the place.

• dianad1968

@Loves it:

#255

What heavy green are you talking about? Food stamps don’t count.

• lola

I think Charlize is a better actress, at least she’s straight than the other bitch!

• bdj

lola @ 10/12/2009 at 3:37 pm
    Jen is still in the closet. She has not come out yet. Don’t hate.

• tabloids

@ManLESSton, I likely: I think you may have been dreaming of Jennifer Aniston admitting that she cries over Brad Pitt. It’s time for the fans to admit that women can and have gotten over Brad Pitt.

• dianad1968

@tabloids:

#292

Well you need to inform Aniston that she is over Brad, because she doesnt seem to know this, judging from her many interviews referencing Brad in one way or the other.

• an oldie

@tabloids:
    Maniston is over Brad Pitt alright, because she was never really into him. What she isn’t over is the status of being an A-Lister’s wife. It’s just that simple.

• observer

love Angelina @ 10/12/2009 at 12:55 pm I don’t care about how much money Angelina makes, she’s such a sweetheart and a great mother. I hope Brad cherishes her as much as we do! It goes way beyond thier paychecks because they live to take care of others less fortunate as well as themselves. I can’t praise this couple anymore than I have for the last 4 1/2 years, they seem to get better every year.

_____________________

Angelina is a real sweetheart. I see others are re-hashing the x again. All I want to say is this: In 2000 the x spent $1 million dollars on her wedding to Brad, while Angie spent less than $1000 on her wedding to BBT. Angie would never spend a million dollars on a wedding – she would give it to charity instead. The two weddings constrast the two women (one is very egocentric and the other (Angie) does not focus on herself but on helping others).

• just saying

@tabloids:
    It took Putrid 5 years to get over Brad and It is time for Chinnifer to get over Brad almost 5 years after the breakup. Otherwise it is just pathetic.

• the real lou

# 292 tabloids @ 10/12/2009 at 3:41 pm ….I believe X is over Brad.It’s her fan base who has issues with “letting go” of the Golden Couple BS.This is the reason for almost 5 years of the “triangle” in the weekly rags/blogs.Cause you know they are ones buying/believing this crap every week.A very wise person once said to me…….Why do people question why certain couples break-up?All you need to do is watch how the each lives their life after the split.That is the answer.X and Brad were NOT compatible and that is the truth.Why the need for the DRAMA 5 years later is beyond me.All parties have moved on.This should be a NON issue at this point.That is why I believe people who are STILL obsessing over this split have mental issues.

• pokeman

hooking with brad pitt was the best thing ever happened to MANiston. she was able to hang out with the A-list movie stars and attended main events. none of the major film festival (i.e cannes, venice film fest, & etc.) invited her to their events. she was able to go to cannes because of brad. i don’t remember but did she ever attended the Oscar before she dated/married brad. i don’t think so but I could be wrong. i know she attended others such as GG and SAG because they are for movies and T.V. anyway, my point is that this talentless old hag wouldn’t as big or should i say where she is now without riding on brad’s coattails.

• tabloids

@the real lou: are yout talking about some of the Brange fans too? ManlLESSton for example.

• an oldie

@observer:
    This reminds me of the interview Brad did with Jan Carl for the MaMS promo. When asked which type of women he prefers, Ginger or Mary Ann (of Gilligan’s Island), he said “Mary Ann”. People assumed he meant Mary Ann being JA. How wrong. JA may look like your “girl next door”, but in reality she is high maintenance (just ask Tate Donovan), while Angelina may look glamorous Ginger-type on the red carpet, she is actually low maintenance, a real girl-next-door. In the end Brad has it both ways with Angelina. He lives the day to day with the no fuss girl-next-door, and walks the red carpets with the most glamorous HW actress on his arm when he premieres his movies. The lucky basterd!