American Music Awards Nominations List 2009!

American Music Awards Nominations List 2009!

Paula Abdul joins Adam Lambert and Snoop Dogg in announcing the American Music Awards (AMAs) nominees from the Beverly Hills Hotel on Tuesday (October 13).

Announced as performs this year: Alicia Keys, Black Eyed Peas, Jennifer Lopez and Adam Lambert, who will debut his first single from his forthcoming album.

Click inside for a list of the 2009 AMAs nominations…

American Music Awards Nominations List 2009!

POP or ROCK MUSIC

Favorite Band, Duo or Group
Black Eyed Peas
Day26
Mary Mary

Favorite Album
Beyonce / I Am…Sasha Fierce
Black Eyed Peas / The E.N.D.
Michael Jackson / Number Ones

T-MOBILE BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST NOMINATIONS

X Pop/Rock Breakthrough Artist – Kings of Leon, Lady Gaga
X Country Breakthrough Artist – Gloriana, Zac Brown Band
X Soul/R&B Breakthrough Artist – Keri Hilson, Jermiah
X Rap/Hip-Hop Breakthrough Artist – Drake, Kid Cudi

————————————

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES AT AMAVOTE.COM!

american music awards nominations list 2009 01
american music awards nominations list 2009 02
american music awards nominations list 2009 03
american music awards nominations list 2009 04
american music awards nominations list 2009 05

Jesse Grant/Getty

thank god kris allen didnt made in the list

@mx: <– LOL this

the_boyfriend @ 10/13/2009 at 1:45 pm

lol @ all those nom’s for MJ, so undeserved imo, will Janet be there to accept? *rolls eyes*

the problem with award shows now is that they make viewers vote! and though it sounds like a good idea, the only ones voting are teens, or should i call them the “Twilight fans”. The VMA’s, MTV Movie Awards, Teen Choice awards, Peoples Choice awards are bombarded with Twilight fans who also love Jonas Bros, Taylor Swift, High School Musical. No doubt Taylor Swift will win everything shes nomainated for because she used Twitter and Myspace. At the VMA’s she beat Beyonce for best female video because it was up to fans. Older people dont vote 24/7 on the internet for Kings of Leon to win Artist of the Year. Nope, count on the teeny boppers to make Taylor Swift win. UGH

Realme2008 @ 10/13/2009 at 1:53 pm

Snoop Dogg is like a giant or something. He towers over Adam. What the hell was in his food? lol

darrrrrrrr @ 10/13/2009 at 1:59 pm

@the_boyfriend:

ummmm, STFU! hes way more deserving than most of the so call talent on that list!

Paula is a sweetie but is she still on those neck pain meds? She was stuttering again.

Adam was so articulate. LOL at Snoop calling him “my main man Adam” and them being named “Doggbert”.

Adam will perform his 1st single at the AMAs.YAY!!!

Quite possibly the strangest combination of fruitcakes I’ve ever seen.

Looks like a picture from a Halloween party. What’s with the costumes folks?

Beyoncé is the BEST!!!!!!!! <3

OMG OMG THUD !! ADAM beyond hot sexy so so effin sexy .. THUD !! and he is performing n AMA OMG i luv my life i am so happy 4 him and super proud :) he deserve all this and more .. can’t wait :)

Adam, the look is too feminine for my taste, sorry! I’m a woman, you know, so I like men to look like men, but i still think his voice is amazing and I’ll buy his CD when it comes out.

ADAM looks like liza minelly here, man,….so funny,……What the h e l l happened to his stylis? He looks like a freak!

THE LOOK IS TOO GAY, SORRY, ADAM, DON’T LIKE IT,……..

He is Gay!

LOL ! That one was too easy!

wtf with the nominees??? lol where’s britney anyways?

OK….Y IS MICHAEL JACKSON NOMINATED?
THAT ALBUM CAME OUT IN 2003.
IT LOOKS LIKE THE AMAS FELT OBLIGATED TO NOMINATE HIM.
WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IS CREATED A SPECIAL AWARD FOR HIM AND HAVE JANET ACCEPT IT IN HIS HONOR. THAT WOULD HAVE MADE MORE SENSE

Sheldon210 @ 10/13/2009 at 3:49 pm

WHERE THE HECK IS BRITNEY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

kelly clarkson wasnt nominated at all?? thats ridiculous, she deserves some nominess!

forever56 @ 10/13/2009 at 3:54 pm

Wow.. uhm. Adam I love you to death, but seriously. the look isn’t working. especially the hair… err….haha

janice 2009 @ 10/13/2009 at 4:26 pm

Michael Jackson deserves it all! Compare his career to everyone else then you will have your answer. Hell, when you sale close to a billion albums, then I will sing your praises too!

I love the hair. LOVE IT.

He is one gorgeous man.

Lol, Adam’s career is so much better than that other kid’s.

tinseltunes @ 10/13/2009 at 6:02 pm

i LOVE THIS PICTURE, i love how opposite they all are to each other in terms of EVERYTHING! this picture totally rocks. paula abdul does not age, period. i wish she was still on idol but was so funny as the judge on drop dead diva. i hope she starts doing more hosting stuff. snoop dogg looks like a mature old man with the glasses. and as always, adam is working his rockstar hair!

tinseltunes @ 10/13/2009 at 6:04 pm

Paula Abdul should introduce Adam Lambert when he sings his single on the AMA’s. that would be cool. as a judge on idol she went through the whole starmaker process with him, that would be so cool.

Not trying to be mean….but how does a girl that cannot sing very well, rule the music industry??? TS! I just don’t understand! I saw her in concert and it was like Holiday on Ice but without the ice…..all she needed was the Disney characters on stage with her. She rules Pop and Country! She really does not belong in the Country category at all in my opinion!

where is my Britney.

best of luck to kings of leon <33

Go B.E.P!!! Best everything of 2009 :D

And then Beyonce …

Wow, what a joke of an award show!

Not only is this award moot for handing awards to the nominee with the most audience votes, they couldn’t even categorize some of the nominees correctly! How the heck do Eminem and TI qualify for both Pop/Rock and Hip-Hop/Rap categories???

He is a glampire : )

@Condemor: So what do you look like…princess….a dog probably..stop being so judgemental

@Stupse: Homophobe…ignorant butt wipe…go back to the dark ages…

@Anita:

She is yours, not mine.

Michael so totally deserves these awards,although I wish they had thought of this earlier, before he died. Sad how all of his beautiful talent is really recognized after his death.

On another note, these Adam photos nearly gave me a heart attack! The man is gorgeous! :)

Thank you, Jared!

Michael Jackson’s new single is old. Didn’t he record the song like 30 years ago? What a joke. He should not be nominated at all.

adam looks so adorable

wow jennifer lopez yeah!!!

GlamgirlJen @ 10/14/2009 at 5:14 am

ADAM!!!!!!!!! Yesssss cant wait….dont usually watch this show but Im a huge fan of Adams and will be watching and waiting for the day to come to hear him perform. Cant fricken wait!

I agree with leolady–Taylor Swift does NOT belong in the country catagory. She has used the tween fans and country music as a stepping stone to get to pop—-and the sad thing is–the tweens just don’t see it and vote for her. She sings off key and her songs sound the same–and always in the same keys. VOTE FOR bEYONCE–AND-CARRIE UNDERWOOD————REAL ARTISTS WITH TALENT.!!!!!

umm yea the only reason mj got all those is bc he died no one cared about him b4 he did.thats real dumb.

KarenBlue @ 10/14/2009 at 1:39 pm

SUPER TRIO Anastacia – Nelly Furtado – Madonna

Ok, as if the AMAs haven’t been losing enough credability with their generally idiotic nominations and handing the winning statue to whoever is willing to show up at the show, they go and nominate MICHAEL JACKSON? The man hasn’t recorded a note in years and thus should not even be close to being elligible for ANYTHING (and lord knows his new single should be buried right along side him). Nominating an artist who released nothing and nominating an album that came out years ago just proves once again just how much of a useless joke the AMAs have become.

People nominated for any award right now should have absolutely RECORDED NEW MATERIAL in the last year or not have a chance in hell of a nomination under any circumstance. MJ has nothing to be rewarded for except for maybe having the best funeral of the year (if Kanye is ok with someone saying that.).

What a joke.

@janice 2009:

Wow, you’re an idiot. The man did nothing this year but almost start a tour and die. Wait, he hasn’t done anything for a BUNCH of years. Nominating anyone who hasn’t RECORDED something in the last twelve months is completely idiotic. The AMAs are enough of a joke as it is…nominating the dead guy just makes them lose all credibility. IF he wins anything, what the hellwould his ghost say? “Thank you for giving me an award for releasing nothing musically-related in years!”

mrsefron. @ 10/14/2009 at 5:09 pm

E
R
T

AMAZINGGGGGGGG.:D <333

LeviKlein @ 10/15/2009 at 8:29 pm

Please.
We all know that the Michael Jackson nominations are a publicty stunt. But I’m still happy for the man, happy that the music industry has finally done something to honor his talent.

People are b*tching that MJ hasn’t recorded anything for years. What for? For people to go out and critizise him again? His last album “Invincible” has been virtually unknown in the US because of the lack of publicity from Sony, and also because people seem to get this sick pleasure into destroying piece by piece someone they worked so hard to put on top… so why bother, right?

Anyway, I’m happy and I hope that he wins. And for the ones b*tching about the fact that the man has passed away, what about Heath Ledger? MJ may be gone physically, but his memory and his talent are still accessible.
Hopefully the public will vote for him. :)

O.M.G ! TAYLOR SWIFT SUCK$$$$$$$$! pleeeeeeeese DO NOT VOTE 4 HER ! the girl cant sing and she lives in her own little world she maybe 19 but 5 year olds r smarter ! her songs r so tweeni !

vote 4 hannah montana she kinda deserves an award cuz her songs r great and everyone enjoys it ! please no twilight

KELLY CLARKSON!!! she has more talent than anyone!!

What a joke!!! The list of names is hilarious, they haven’t even got them in the right categories. At first I was annoyed Kelly Clarkson wasn’t nominated ……Seriously if eminem is Pop/Rock she could have won best rap album. But looking at the noinations I wouldn’t even show up if I was her.

WHERE IS BRITNEY SPEARS AND KATY PERRY,THEY WERE THE BEST…….WHY..

Miley cyrus and taylor swift<33333333333333333333333

CarrieUFan09 @ 11/19/2009 at 1:49 pm

I really hope Carrie beats Taylor Swift for female artist. I am tired of this whole Kayne thing making Taylor Swift so huge. Carrie Underwood is a superstar and deserves it so much more than Taylor Swift

lame. Kelly Clarkson should have been nominated. Shes the best there is.

Where is BRITNRY????? Even though she is not invited or nominated, she’s got the greatest fans in the world. She is the best.

Alison Pinsley @ 11/22/2009 at 8:45 pm

Taylor Swift – Favorite Female Artist – Go Taylor, I love you

Alison Pinsley @ 11/22/2009 at 8:49 pm

Go Taylor, Favorite Female Artist – AMA

gah, no paramore this year.. D:

Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve visited this site before but after browsing through a few of the posts I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m certainly pleased I stumbled upon it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!