Leighton Meester - 'Somebody To Love' Lyrics

Leighton Meester - 'Somebody To Love' Lyrics

Leighton Meester just released her first single “Somebody To Love,” off her debut album. The song, which features R&B crooner Robin Thicke, was produced by Mike Caren (Flo Rida, T.I.).

LOVES IT!!!

The 23-year-old Gossip Girl actress told Ryan Seacrest the song is “definitely about what’s going on in my life and I think anybody can relate. You’re crazy, you’re busy, you’re young and you’re running around and it’s really hard to find somebody to love. People love you but you don’t really love them.”

Check out the song and follow along to the lyrics inside…

Leighton Meester – ‘Somebody To Love’ Lyrics

Paris, France to Michigan
London town and through Berlin
I can’t believe this place I’m in
Everywhere and back again
Porcelain and China dolls
Give me one and I’ve seen them all
Got my back against the wall
Wonder where I’ll be tomorrow?

But wait, now how long could this take?
It’s hard to find a man,
When you’re gone before he wakes.
They say it’s hard to achieve
But can’t a girl believe?

(Chorus)
Is there somebody who still believes in love?
I know you’re out there
There’s got to be somebody
I search around the world
But I can’t seem to find
Somebody to love

(Robin Thicke)
Baby girl, there you at
Looking at me like a putty cat
Wondering where that thing is at
Wondering where your ring is at
Nobody ever did it quite like this
Nobody ever did it quite like you
Do your hair, I bought you shoes
We can hit the town like superstars do
You fall in love? Then let me show you love
Give me the key to your heart
I can give you what you want
When you’re waiting for love
And you’re lookin’ for someone
I’mma turn this gossip girl into a woman

[Chorus x2]

Je t’adore, Je t’adore (I love you, I love you)
Make a move, do the thing
Turn around, strike a pose
Je t’adore, Je t’adore (I love you, I love you)
Make a move, do the thing
Turn around, strike a pose
Ooh, I like it
Ooh, I need it
Ooh, I want it
Hey Hey

I know it’s hard to achieve
But can’t a girl believe?

[Chorus x2]

(You say hello, I say goodbye) x2
Somebody to love

Listen to “Somebody To Love” below or at RyanSeacrest.com!

Leighton Meester – ‘Somebody To Love’

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Johnny Depp's Transcendence is expected to earn less than $13 million this weekend- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

LEIGHTON MEESTER,Russia loves u!!!

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg forget the song! that advert on the right for McD’s California Classic looks YUM

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! [2]

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! [3]

Brazil loves you Leighton!!!!

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! [3]

Lame, same f*cking posters

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 10/13/2009 at 12:09 pm

generic water-down pop-trash. robin thicke made it bearable, but.. is this the kind of music she expect to create a successful music career out of?!? simplistic pop collaborations? lets see how long it takes for her to release a ‘good’ song on her own.
oh yea.. you can tell they’re trying to hide her not-so-good voice by lowering her vocals and raising the beat so high it damn near drowns her out. ahahahahahaha.. britney 2.gossipgirl. hahahahahaha..

Actually, its REALLY good. I expected it to be bad, but it sounds really nice. Im lovin it :)

Love the beat to it. And her voice is pretty darn sexy :p

WTF
are you an actress or singer ?? as actress this goes but since catastrophic singer
please stops singing you are not bethany joy galeotti so

PARIS HILTON sings better which ohhh goood
on top of that she speaks they can not conscript her to sing

leeighton ! brazil loves you!

leightn is amazing .. your voice is sooo sexy ..<3

leighton PHILIPPINES heart U!!!

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! [4]

Carolina Chianca @ 10/13/2009 at 1:09 pm

LEIGHTON, YOU ARE PERFEEEEEECT

BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!

anastasia @ 10/13/2009 at 1:11 pm

LEIGHTON MEESTER,Russia loves u!!! [2]

In The Know @ 10/13/2009 at 1:14 pm

Typical take the current tv cutie and make an auto tuned record pro-tools to death by the flavor of the moment beat programmer to see if it sticks……………..IT WON’T

Ashley Tisdale can’t sell out a theater, and Ashlee Simpson had to buy back tickets to call venues sellouts with the same flawed formula.

The music business is gasping in its death throes.

IT DOES NOT WORK and never will. TV cannot drive a music act beyond 6-8 months………..do any of you remember the AI runner up two cycles ago……………..I don’t!

I am loving Robin Thicke!

leightonn u r perfect
love the song
a hitt comingggggggggggggg :)

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! [4]

Nothing against her but she doesn’t sing, she just kind of speaks the words. Robin Thicke sounds good though, but he a singer. hhhmmmm….probably won’t go anywhere anyway

Watch DOLLHOUSE ON Friday at FOX!
It’s such an amazing show.

I know she’s cute but WHY??? every young celebrity has to sing nowadays. STOP!!! Singing is not for everybody, you have to have a good voice! and learn how to use it.

I love music but real music :-) lets face it 9 times out of 10 the records of these young celebrities are crap.

emm I like the song! I’m happy for leigh :)

Between “je t’adore” and “turn aroun” she says “tour de taille”. You could add it…

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! [2]

Not bad at all… Congrats Leighton!

love it.
plus for those who say she can’t sing: check out bette davis eyes, body control, or good girls go bad.

Poland loves Leighton Meester. This song is amazing <3

I’m still waiting for Sara Paxton to bring out her album. She sings, too, you know.
About Leighton, the song isn’t bad at all. This is only a single, how does the album sound?

It’s tolerable. But she basically recites the lyrics. Doesn’t really show off her “vocal range”. I agree that Robin Thicke carries this song — he was amazing in his parts. You can clearly tell a distinguished singer from a fake.

omg!!! i love this song!

omg this was amazing!

australia hearts you leighton <3

this song is so catch! i have it on repeat since today morn.

I like the song!
Keep going Leighton! (:

I like it I think it’s really
catchy I think before people
judge we should here more
songs from her =]

BRAZIL LOVES U LEIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! [5]

i was expecting something wayyyy better than this i loved her voice in good girls go bad but this song is horrible! im dissapointed especially because i’m a fan. I hope her other songs are wayyy better.

loved her voice in betty davis eyes… THIS SONG IS HORRIBLE

No offense but this song sucks. BAD.

i actually like this song.

I love Leighton! :)

Eeeks! Love Leighton but not another actress/pop star.

Can’t sing for sh’t!

leighton, SINGAPORE loves you!!! :)

I only hear a guy singing. In any case, the song is really lame.

Lol. She endorses a sneaker she never wears and now she is releasing a single that she doesnot sing on. Man I wish I knew what power she has over people. Cause I don’t get why she gets these free passes.

I think it would be a great hit on radios. Leighton actually has a great voice and hopefully her 2nd single will show more of her voice.

SYDNEY ADORES YOU AND YOUR SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love leighton, but I’m sorry honey, this song is crap

Love Leighton @ 10/14/2009 at 7:29 am

Luv u LEIGHTON!
U are the best :)

She is so talented and pretty! – yogalovematch.com

some k!nd of angel @ 10/14/2009 at 2:29 pm

ROMANIA loves u leighton !!!! :X:X:X

i love leighton <33333333!!!

The song is amazing
Not what I was expecting
It’s so different and weird and not like the typical pop song
Good Work Leighton…can’t wait for your album…I am saving my iTunes money for it!

BTW this song is currently #112 on iTunes!!!!
Download it!!! on iTunes…it’s only 99 cents
Not $1.29 like the others

Leighton is amazing. Love the song. Great collaboration.

i honestly have liked her other songs she has made but im just not feeling these 1
i just didnt feel she sang that well and dont really like the whole beat overall
maybe her next single ill like

ARGENTINA TE AMAAA LEIGHTON !!!! DIOSAAAA !!!
Es re perfectaaa !!

cool, alright @ 10/14/2009 at 9:59 pm

this song’s catchy, vocally not the best. but hopefully they’ll include songs that show off her vocals on her album cause she does have a singing voice. listen to bette davis eyes, body control, and birthday. her vocals are amazing there. this song is just a little pop song that wouldn’t be that popular for too long.

LOOOOVE IT. I expected a try hard song, but this sounds natural and awesome!

was looking forward to hearing this song for some time, but a tad bit disappointed now that i have, because it doesn’t mirror her vocal abilities. hopefully her future songs will :) go leighton! <3

Just listened, it was c***!

well fergie speaks the words in all her songs. In good girls go bad and bette davis eyes, you can tell that her voice isnt that fake **** that is out there now….

the quality is bad …
So so the song.

I LOVE YOU, LEIGHTON! It’s an amazing song! :D

miss melissa. @ 10/18/2009 at 5:47 pm

this is mahh new favorite song!!! i absolutely adore it <33

AHHHH BRAZIL LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

The only good thing about this song is Robin Thicke.

Maryarb1994 @ 10/28/2009 at 2:10 am

yeahhh i love LEIGHTON MEESTER!!!!and GREECE loves you too!!!

Wow. Leighton’s really hitting it off. Kind of digging this song.

Kind of digging this new song.

love you!!

iloveblair @ 11/07/2009 at 7:47 am

she’s good, i love all of her songs. for me her best song so far is her cover for the bette davis eyes, she really has a great voice in there…

je t’aime is i love you, je t’adore is i adore you, their translator sucks

I love her voice!!! she is so great on gossip girl and actually sounds good, all those who disagree go grab yourself some def leppard and stick to your own crap lol

Leighton, Korea hearts you <3

Everyone who’s making negative comments probably needs to chill out. Like any of you could sing better? She has a hit TV show and offers to start singing career…it’s a chance of a lifetime. She just 23 trying to see all her options, I give her credit. Life’s short give her a break, If you don’t like the song….turn it off.

She doesn’t really sing here.

LEIGHTON , Finland L0VES Y0UU <3 !!!!!!1 xoxo

I love this song!!! Leighton can sing and i also love her in good girls go bad with cobra starship

she look like ISABELLE DRUMMOND brazilian actrees

Je t’adore does NOT mean I love you; that’s Je t’aime. If you’re gonna translate it, at least get the meaning right.

i LOVED the song really, it’s amazing

new york and jersey LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!

hi leighton, I hope you love our country is Mexico and I love your music for somebody to love and never finish it again, I hope you continue singing please, and you continue singing forever….

Leighton, FRANCE loves you, Je t’adooore! °-°

She doesn’t even sing in this song. She just talks.

leighton — i soo love her! hot voice :) love the song.

The lyrics are wrong where it is London town and through Berlin its not and through Berlin , its London town and Dublin (Dublin is in Ireland)

The song sounds great to me and she did release at the right time for the right film as well. I wish her luck in her career

Je t’adore means i adore not i love you… i love you is Je t’amie

Je t’adore means i adore not i love you… i love you is Je t’amie

Je t’adore means i adore you, it doesnt mean love you
i love you means Je t’amie …. this is the truth… so plz fix it

This song is the best!
I Like it!

leighton PHILIPPINES loves u!!!!
ahahha

give it to the the girl. i don’t think she plans to make a profession out of these music.. she’s simply on it coz it sounds sanely sexy. just perfect

PLEASE DON’T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST POSSIBLE FRIDAY BY THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE.TOMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. NOW YOU’VE STARTED READING THIS. DON’T STOP. THIS IS SO FREAKY. 1. say your name 10 times 2. say your mom’s name 5 times 3. say your crushes name 3 times 4. paste this to 4 other songs. if you do this, your crush will kiss you on the nearest Friday. but if you read this and do not paste this, then you will have very bad luck.. ♥

iva spajic @ 08/19/2010 at 2:11 pm

leighton!!!
CROATIA LOVEEE YOU !!!!
croatian: HRVATSKA TE VOLI !!!!

Je t’adore translates into It is t’adore not i love you or i adore you. i adore you – je vous adore i love you – je vous aime ….

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

Your the best, Leighton!
Don’t forget there are people who love you (like this fan :D)
And never believe the ones who say that you’re bad in everything,
cause you’re absolutly not! :D Your the best actress and singer ever!
Love you!

***,
Lie Dero :D

seriously, SOMEBODY TO LOVE ? They couldn’t find anything else than Justin Bieber’s new album title ??

LOVE the song.

But FYI “Je t’adore” means “I adore you” not “I love you”.